Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

3 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I think most will agree NFL medical staff does what they need to do, to get a guy ready for Sunday. I will leave up to posters imaginations what that may involve. I would suspect that depending on a teams depth, and how badly they need player X to go, is in play.

I was unaware of the complaints of our staff, but have long presumed players are told their injury is less severe that it may be, that they can play through it, etc.

I find small solace in knowing Philly botched Wentz's diagnosis..... or maybe hid the truth. So, we are not totally alone.  Of course, their backup was a better fit for their team than he was, so it coming to the surface was a little blessing in disguise. 

All evaluations must be done on a relative basis. Relative to the rest of the league our medical staff seems to underperform. I understand Bruce brought in an outside consultant to evaluate the medical staff in the spring, but things aren't looking good for those guys.

Clearly Jay has been designated as our PR guy. What an odd thing to see, him pushed out to the podium immediately after the mind boggling actions of our front office.

I do think Jay trotted out to get pounded by the media after the Reuben Foster signing, takes the cake, and was VERY telling of how ****ed up the management structure is.  Whylie needs to go.

2 minutes ago, Tay said:

All evaluations must be done on a relative basis. Relative to the rest of the league our medical staff seems to underperform. I understand Bruce brought in an outside consultant to evaluate the medical staff in the spring, but things aren't looking good for those guys.

I forgot he hired a consultant. If a consultant is needed, that says more than what the consultant could ever say. 

25 minutes ago, DJD2 said:

On recent communication with OL Trent Williams:

"I talked to him a little while ago. This is personal between him and his agent and our organization, and we will handle it accordingly. Trent knows we all want him back. I want him back in the worst way and I know his teammates want him back in the worst way, but at the end of the day there is a business side of pro football and that’s what he is about right now. So, we will find out what happens..

So looking back at this quote from Gruden it takes on a little more meaning. I wonder if this was a slip-up because he then goes on to talk about it being about the business side of football.

When I heard the "personal" comment I immediately thought "oh oh, that's not just money."  I also don't think it was a slip up.  I think Jay was putting it out there that this isn't on him, and it isn't money.  And I don't really have a problem with that.  

16 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Obviously speculating, but perhaps they told him not to worry about it and then the season was over and they were like "on second though, better go get that checked out".  if that's the case, I can see why it would be hard to trust folks that would do something like that.

That is a reasonable scenario, one which I would hope did not play out, but if it did, I wouldn't blame Trent 1 bit for being furious.

So it's not about the money or Christian being drafted, it's about his medical situation and how it was poorly handled?

Yikes. this blows. The absolute last thing we needed right now. We'd be closer to full tank mode imo w/o TW, so some people will be happy. It's just a really bad look on the organization that their best player and very well paid T, wants out of town asap.

16 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Poor Jay

I say this as the guy who basically got a ban for talking about Jay, but I agree.

To my memory, this is now the second time in the last call it 8 months (maybe less) Jay has had to go face the music for something that isn't of his making.  The first was the Reuben Foster stuff, now this.

Hell it might not even really be Bruce's deal, I don't know, but as President, "this," whatever "this" is, falls under his purview, and he needs to get out in front of it and save his head coach. And he can't trot Doug out for this, or Eric.  It's gotta be Bruce.

I'm sure Haskins, being a Giants fan, knows all about the perpetual dysfunction of the Redskins organization.  But to get a front-row seat has to have him thinking "WTF did I just walk into"?

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I say this as the guy who basically got a ban for talking about Jay, but I agree.

To my memory, this is now the second time in the last call it 8 months (maybe less) Jay has had to go face the music for something that isn't of his making.  The first was the Reuben Foster stuff, now this.

Hell it might not even really be Bruce's deal, I don't know, but as President, "this," whatever "this" is, falls under his purview, and he needs to get out in front of it and save his head coach. And he can't trot Doug out for this, or Eric.  It's gotta be Bruce.

Bruce will be in hibernation until 2020, and will face the press if, and only if, we have another "excellent" draft as touted by the media.

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

He is well paid but I can see him asking for more money based on where he's ranked in pay across the league for offensive linemen. However, his play has slipped and he is over 30 years old, we're not gonna have him forever and his injuries are adding up. I'd be curious to see what his value is across the league. Hopefully this all gets resolved and he has a great season for us.

I agree 100% . I LIKE Trent. I would have preferred he came out himself with this complaint AFTER registering it with the FO . Now that it is all over the place, he SHOULD make a statement. IF not...then I'll just assume his agent is following Cousins roadmap of making up a transgression claim so as to leverage a release or trade where the Skins get little to no compensation.  If this is Coisins 2.0, the FO should send a message..if you don't show..you won't play- ANYWHERE for the term of your contract. I *hope* Bruce doesn't falter and get a BS Draft Choice in a trade. Get GOOD Compensation..TRADE if Trent wants out

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

Or Brown was plain ****, got benched and then released. That is a huge assumption on your part that he tanked. Why in the world would he do that right after getting a contract extension? 

My guess is its because he did want to be here in the first place.  So he got his guaranteed money then forced his way out.  Now he's playing for a new contract somewhere else.

Apologies if I missed it, but is it clear he is upset with the medical staff? I saw earlier that he was frustrated with how the "team" handled his medical situation. That could be any number of things including or excluding the medical staff. 

That could be announcements they made. That could be how they handled any potential absences or expectations while he was going through it. That could be medical diagnoses. 

My point is that we don't know WHERE he's directing his anger. It could be Dan/Bruce or it could be the doctors. 

1 minute ago, PF Chang said:

Really impressed with the writers for this season of As the Redskins Turn. Just when I thought they'd mined every remaining ounce of drama from this show, they hit us with another unprecedented plot twist. 

Just wait until our starting running back is Guice's evil twin brother Jerrius!! 

Skipping ahead about 5 pages.  I've said for 2 years that we need to draft his replacement.  Did these clowns think the guy could play forever?  Now he is threatening to sit out the season for some issue that is unclear to the fans.

If he's really this pissed, then trade him, if we can.  If not, let him sit and recoup some cap space.  Draft his replacement next year.

Is it hockey season yet?

1 minute ago, sempre_victrix said:

Skipping ahead about 5 pages.  I've said for 2 years that we need to draft his replacement.  Did these clowns think the guy could play forever?  Now he is threatening to sit out the season for some issue that is unclear to the fans.

If he's really this pissed, then trade him, if we can.  If not, let him sit and recoup some cap space.  Draft his replacement next year.

Is it hockey season yet?

look man, 31 is not extremely old for an OT and we had other places where we desperately needed people

2 hours ago, DJD2 said:

This is personal between him and his agent and our organization

I wonder if we pulled a Lavar Arrington and changed some injury language in his contract and his agent missed it.

This is all very odd but when you hear that the issues are related to his contract, that its become personal, and its injury related, it makes you wonder.

Archived