Owls0325

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Schefter is the one in the know.  Hopefully, today/tonight we can strike a deal and then sign Jason Peters to a 1 year deal. The look to draft TWs replacement tonight or tomorrow.

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1

If Trent Williams stays and has a great season, we can always place the franchise tag on him. 

HTTR 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

If Trent Williams stays and has a great season, we can always place the franchise tag on him. 

HTTR 

That is my thinking as well.We have all the leverage over Trent.He has to play this year and at high level to get paid and if he does we can tag him.This one year left on contract as an excuse or the elephant in the room excuse is no reason to trade him for nothing.

• Like 1

Something Trent should be considering: the 2020 season could be in doubt and could very likely be shortened meaning he could accrue a season with less commitment than in a normal season. Just bite the bullet and do what you gotta do then hit free agency. I can't see the Skins tagging him. Just a thought if he isn't traded this weekend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Schefter is the one in the know.  Hopefully, today/tonight we can strike a deal and then sign Jason Peters to a 1 year deal. The look to draft TWs replacement tonight or tomorrow.

Seems to me the Skins and Vikes are playing a game of chicken, who will blink first? They are stuck dancing when they both want to consummate the deal....

7 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Surprised so many people believe that there's a chance Trent will be a Redskin this season.

I see virtually zero chance of that happening.

Probably because we thought we could get something for him and not have to give him away. Keeping him to protect DH with an understanding that it's in his best personal interest to be productive on the field and in the locker room if he wants to maximize his last payday in the NFL. There is more value in that than getting a 5th round pick which we'll probably get for him anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The key here is this. The Redskins have no leverage with other teams and all the leverage with Trent. If the offer isn’t legit keep him. Have Rivera sit down and lay it out. We gave him and his agent what they wanted, they failed. Suck it up, come back, take your 12 Million and let’s move forward. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, CTskin said:

I wish I shared your optimism. TW sat out last year to his own detriment and I don’t see why he wouldn’t do it again. We literally removed the complete staff that he could have had a problem with and he immediately burned the bridges with the new regime. (Which makes me think his beef has to be with Snyder for not having his back vs BA, but that’s another conversation). 

he doesn’t have to do anything. Everyone knows he’s a stud when healthy and he will fetch big money if he hits FA. If anything, sitting out two years could be viewed as a positive to get his health back and possibly get another few years on the back end. 

the redskins are holding a 2, 7 offsuit and the whole table knows it.

Some fair points but I'd have to disagree naturally because he went that route already and it backfired on him. He ill afford to not showcase his ability and what he has left after two years. That would not be maximizing his return.

Not only that but teams are balking at his contract demands now. Why would they be more inclined to pay him that after another year on the bench?

Still holding out hope we get a second for him...orrrrrrr...I like what redrobert said..him and Rivera sit down hash things out and trent comes back.. I suppose I can understand people's frustrations with him and want to see him just dealt but we don't know anyting..unless you were to have a direct convo with Bruce and Trent(than I would expect one to put a pencil in Bruce's eye after he said what he had to say)we just don't know exactly how Trent feels.

• Thanks 1

Standig just on, he doesn't think they got a 2nd or third for Trent.  He thinks if they get offered a 4th rounder take it and run

• Sad 1

At this point it has to be a little humbling for Trent that nobody is willing to give up much draft capital to bring him on board.  I guess being a dope smoking douche nozzle malcontent isnt the preferred set of qualities teams are looking for in a veteran LT. 

I actually think if he doesn't get traded and is on our roster it will be a good thing for RR by illustrating to the rest of the team how a professional coaching staff handles BS distractions like this. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Well, I think if a trade was going to happen today it would have happened prior to the 2d round starting. I doubt it will happen tomorrow unless the Redskins fold. 

3 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

A 4th? Mmm nah. I’ll pass 

player for player or 2021 draft pick post draft

Josina Anderson just said on ESPN that Speilman told her he will be aggressive with their remaining 12 picks to target players they want. This situation really couldn’t be going must worse for the Skins right now...

It sounded like aggressively trading up to get players not dealing for Trent.

I am OK with him staying on the roster. If he decides to sit out again, fine. Another year of lost salary for him. If he plays and still has the goods we can get that same 4th rounder next year at a minimum and it gives us another year to get his replacement.

We may be drafting Trent's replacement tonight - Matt Peart.

As a freshman he started every game at LT.

He literally split Right and Left Tackle in half, spending 2 years at LT and 2 years at RT.

Great swing option, if he doesn't start.

6 hours ago, profusion said:

I'm guessing we get a second for him, plus a throw-in lower pick or player.

id take that in a heart beat

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Standig just on, he doesn't think they got a 2nd or third for Trent.  He thinks if they get offered a 4th rounder take it and run

A fourth? Get real. Trent Williams is worth way more than Deandre Hopkins.

Seriously though, I'd be tempted to try to force Trent to play out his last year if that's the best we can get. There is value to losing someone who sours the work environment, but Trent ought to be worth so much more especially as we really don't have a viable replacement. Now, if it's a fourth and a conditional 2021 that could go up to a second if Trent plays X games then I'd be okay with it.

Just now, Stefanskins said:

id take that in a heart beat

Same here. He's on the wrong side of 30 and has an injury history. Still, some team will overpay for a starting caliber LT.

• Like 1

A cap strapped contender in dire need of a LT has far more to lose by not trading for Trent than we do by not trading him for peanuts.