Owls0325

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

10 hours ago, Burgold said:

Reid is very consistent. He trades his QBs to the Redskins for a second rounder.

If we had a second rounder, Mahomes could be ours.

That's so true! Can't wait for 2045

• Haha 2

I can't believe I stayed logged in all night while I was asleep because I was expecting some Trent news lol...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Major Harris said:

Trent to browns for two 3rds. 

Is this confirmed? Cause I could live with that. That's two starters. 

3 minutes ago, benskins26 said:

Is this confirmed? Cause I could live with that. That's two starters. 

Nope, just hope

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

3rd this year and 2nd next year would do it for me. Get it done, anything more than that and I'm celebrating instead of just pleased to have it done with another bullet in the chamber this draft. 

I'd actually like it too especially considering all the pessimism of late from some covering this as to what's allegedly has been offered recently, 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Two thirds would mean, according to our resident draft gurus, a starting TE, a decent WR (I know some are expected to fall to the third round) and what else? There won't be a replacement for TW there......

Posted (edited)

The Eagles?  They have high draft picks slated to play LT and RT, seems hard to believe

According to Les Carpenter of the Washington Post, the team has been asking for a second-round pick in exchange for Williams, but would be willing to consider multiple later picks if they can reach an equivalent value.

It seems likely they’ll deal him during the draft, as there are multiple teams interesting in adding a tackle one former G.M. said was better than any of the top tackles in this year’s class.

The Post names four teams as having shown the most interest — the Browns, Vikings, Eagles, and Jets.

While Cleveland seems the most natural fit, the inclusion of Philadelphia on that list is interesting.

The Eagles let longtime left tackle Jason Peters walk into free agency this offseason, presumably to clear the way for 2019 first-rounder Andre Dillard in that spot.

Of course, Williams’ desire for a new deal complicates any deal, as a team has to do more than satisfy Washington’s demand for compensation.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, UKskins said:

Apparently, they don't have the cap space for it.  We should offer to cover a small portion of his 1st year of thats what it would take to make it happen.  

Edited by sempre_victrix

If we could get 14 for Trent Williams and taking on a 6 m cap hit that’d be a huge win. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Until those Top 4 OTs are drafted, nothing will happen on the Williams front.

I still think nothing happens with Trent until after the draft. Whatever picks we get, will be 2021 picks.

Hope, I am dead wrong.

27 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

Apparently, they don't have the cap space for it.  We should offer to cover a small portion of his 1st year of thats what it would take to make it happen.  

****, I'd pay his bonus and first year salary if I was the Skins for a first. That would be a deal. 

20 minutes ago, Burgold said:

If we could get 14 for Trent Williams and taking on a 6 m cap hit that’d be a huge win. 

More NFL teams should do this while rebuilding. I remember the Browns doing it for the Texans with Osweiler. 

The Carolina Hurricanes took on a 6mil salary from the Maple Leafs for a 1st rounder.

Trent for a 1st and whatever contracts TB wants to unload for us to cut.

7 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Until those Top 4 OTs are drafted, nothing will happen on the Williams front.

I still think nothing happens with Trent until after the draft. Whatever picks we get, will be 2021 picks.

Hope, I am dead wrong.

I'm not buying the Top 4 OT theory. Why not land a better talented and experienced LT in Trent along with drafting another position of need with your first?

First instance, Cleveland trades their 2nd or 3rd for Trent but keep their 1st rounder to draft stud at another position?

Why wait around?

Posted (edited)

With star left tackle Trent Williams insisting he wants to be traded, Washington has been working to deal him in recent weeks. So far, the Cleveland Browns, Minnesota Vikings, Philadelphia Eagles and New York Jets have shown the most interest, according to a person familiar with the discussions, but several factors have complicated the team’s ability to trade Williams, who has one year left on his contract. Prospective trade partners either haven’t been able to reach an agreement with Williams on a new deal, or they refuse to offer more than low-round draft picks in exchange for the seven-time Pro Bowl player.

The Redskins have been asking for a second-round pick for Williams, but they have said they will be willing to find a way to match that value with multiple later-round picks.

On Wednesday, the Redskins told Williams’s representatives they are no longer allowing him to negotiate with other teams, giving Washington control of any potential deal, a person with knowledge of the development said. It has long been expected that a trade involving Williams could come around draft time, but it’s unclear whether it would take place before the start of Thursday’s first round. Four or more offensive tackles could be picked in the first round, so it’s possible that interested teams might wait to see how the opening night plays out.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/04/23/ron-rivera-redskins-enter-pivotal-draft-with-premium-pick-trent-williams-questions/?utm_campaign=wp_sports&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

• Like 1

Just now, NYSkins21 said:

I'm not buying the Top 4 OT theory. Why not land a better talented and experienced LT in Trent along with drafting another position of need with your first?

First instance, Cleveland trades their 2nd or 3rd for Trent but keep their 1st rounder to draft stud at another position?

Why wait around?

Why pay Williams $20M when you can get a young OT on a rookie deal for 5 years? Doesn’t make sense. If you’re in the OT market you want the new model before you spend the farm on the older model that’s been to the shop a few times and hasn’t been taken out of the garage in a few years that you’ll have to pay for due to its hype and legacy.

• Like 4

So seriously, nothing?  I thought the deal to Cleveland was all but done yesterday from multiple accounts....has that all fallen through or was it smoke to begin with?  Ready to lay this to rest already.

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Why pay Williams $20M when you can get a young OT on a rookie deal for 5 years? Doesn’t make sense. If you’re in the OT market you want the new model before you spend the farm on the older model that’s been to the shop a few times and hasn’t been taken out of the garage in a few years that you’ll have to pay for due to its hype and legacy.

Pros

I don't think anyone pays him $20M.  Maybe $16M for 3 years.

He's a proven stud when healthy.

He'd love nothing more than to show the Redskins that he's worth a raise.

All rookies are busts-in-waiting until they actually play in the NFL

Cons

Often injured

Questionable mindset, based on how he handled 2019

Salary demands

If you are in a win now mode and need a great LT, you make the trade.  If not, you draft and roll them bones.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Unless of course you feel the last piece is paying for something elite, proven and reliable to get you and your family to your destination sound and safe.

I guess it really depends on who we are talking about.

Speaking of that... What the hell are we talking about anyway, lol?😟🙃

Edited by NYSkins21