Owls0325

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/04/21/nfl-mock-draft-17-dolphins-herbert-ruggs-lamb?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=themmqb&utm_source=twitter.com

10. Cleveland: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville

So with the trades mixed in now, things fall a little differently than they did in my Monday column, and Becton’s off-the-charts athletic potential should play well with the analytics people and fit Kevin Stefanski’s desire for linemen who can move. And if Becton hits that potential? He and Jack Conklin have a chance to be a couple of nasty tone-setters for a long time to come bookending Cleveland’s line.

11. N.Y. Jets: Jedrick Wills, OT, Alabama

I believe Joe Douglas wants to take a tackle here. I do not believe he’ll force it. And Wills's falling in his lap here makes this one pretty easy for him.

That whole first round is nuts, lots of tackles go in the 1st..  7 1st round tackles is a lot.

4. Wirfs

9. Thomas

10. Becton

11. Wills

18. Jackson

29. Wilson

31. Jones

IF the draft falls like that, then obviously the jets, cleveland, dolphins and chargers are out on TW, but that still leaves the Vikings, Seahawks and probably at least one other team looking for a tackle and nobody else near Trent's level, even if he is 31.

If the draft fell like this one, I'd expect the vikings to come calling late on day 1 or early day 2.

Edited by crabbypatty
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

That whole first round is nuts, lots of tackles go in the 1st..  7 1st round tackles is a lot.

4. Wirfs

9. Thomas

10. Becton

11. Wills

18. Jackson

29. Wilson

31. Jones

IF the draft falls like that, then obviously the jets, cleveland, dolphins and chargers are out on TW, but that still leaves the Vikings, Seahawks and probably at least one other team looking for a tackle and nobody else near Trent's level, even if he is 31.

If the draft fell like this one, I'd expect the vikings to come calling late on day 1 or early day 2.

Poetic Justice if nobody wants Trent. RR should stand put. He has all the cards

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The tweet below is possible, hopefully not and its real

I think that's basically Keim's role, as a conduit, but worth noting that he's been pretty clear all along on the same trend line. This isn't exactly an administration that leaks stuff like Snyder's usual clown show would. 

Hmm... Gronk kind of makes OJ Howard superfluous. We need a TE. They need a tackle.

Now, if we could do a one day GM swap and get the Texans GM in there. We could get Gronk, TBs first and third for Trent Williams and a conditional 2022 6th rounder.

• Haha 1

Going to be a tight wire act hoping enough tackles go early to teams who don't have major interest in Trent, leaving at least three teams more desperate to get a bidding war going. At least it keeps the intrigue higher during the rest of the first round.

2 hours ago, crabbypatty said:

4. Wirfs

9. Thomas

10. Becton

11. Wills

18. Jackson

29. Wilson

31. Jones

Vikings are so cap strapped I can't see it.  Williams is going to want too much.  

35 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

Vikings are so cap strapped I can't see it.  Williams is going to want too much.  

Depends on if he wants to put his money where his mouth is. Saying it’s been all us and not his desire for too much money speaks louder if he takes less just to get out. 

Posted (edited)

We're probably going to be disappointed with what we get for Trent. In the end, if we get a 5th or something I'm going to hope this team finds a Holcomb, Settle, or Ioannidis type of player with that pick then it won't sting so bad. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 2

Well hopefully this gets done today. I’m sceptical a team will trade us picks to use in the draft this week without Trent having already passed a physical and proving he’s medically cleared.

is there time for that now? 

5 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

We're probably going to be disappointed with what we get for Trent. In the end, if we get a 5th or something I'm going to hope this team finds a Holcomb, Settle, or Ioannidis type of player with that pick then it won't sting so bad. 

Gronk went for a 4th yesterday, Williams should not go for anything less. If we are going to only get a 5th for Williams then I would keep hold of him and get a 5th round complimentary pick for him, we could even offer to pay all or some of his salary and get a couple of 3rd round picks for him. 

HTTR 

• Like 1

The physical makes me a little nervous.  Too bad its Rapoport of all reporters hyping a Trent trade, he's the national guy i trust the least but please be right this time

• Like 1

Could be be foreshadowing something he knows/has intel is going down soon? I hope so.

I assume TW can get a physical in the same way that Gronk did. If Gronk got a physical I have got to imagine TW has had one already. No way they've gone this long without getting one from a verified Doc.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The physical makes me a little nervous. 

I said that earlier, this needs to happen today in my opinion,  

Getting some decent value back prior to the draft would be very significant for us. Get it done.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Edit: Had the wrong tweet copied

Edited by Panninho
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Walking my dog now I’ll post when I get back but some smoke on Tampa I saw on a tweet

get your priorities right pls and get us that tweet

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I wanted some real smoke on Trent-Tampa.  Finally got a little of it

https://www.espn.com/blog/tampa-bay-buccaneers/post/_/id/23634/tom-brady-lures-rob-gronkowski-showing-bucs-all-in-to-win-hometown-super-bowl

A source told ESPN that the Bucs were in discussions to trade Howard two months ago to the Washington Redskins in exchange for offensive tackle Trent Williams, but talks fell through. The Bucs have until May 5 to determine if they'll pick up the fifth-year option on Howard's contract for 2021.

• Thanks 1

Could mean the team Josina Anderson is talking about is not the Bucs. But who knows.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Its my birthday! I need this to happen!!!!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

If true maybe Miami's late 1st?

That's what I was wondering. They've always been a logical fit, TBH. They really need an OT. If the rumors were true about them trying to move ahead of the NYG to take Andrew Thomas, they could have the veteran version of him for cheaper. Interesting it would be #26 because I would personally take #56 at this rate haha.

I don't believe this for a second. Most definitely not this year. But hopefully they positively surprise us.