Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up


Recommended Posts

If there's ever a sport that would be fine w/empty stadiums it's football. The sport is dog---- live compared to other sports like Hockey or soccer or baseball in particular and to a lesser extent basketball. Yes home field advantage would be gone, but honestly, who cares. I think the problem is that in other sports the sizes of the teams are anywhere between 50-80% smaller than in the NFL, then you add in all the coaches and it gets ridiculous. You wouldn't need an absolute ton of people in a stadium or arena for a basketball, or hockey game or even soccer (and soccer already has a long track record of punishing poor fan behavior with empty stadiums, I've seen games in such conditions dozens of times) but football? Good lord, there'd be a gazillion people so I could see football being closed out for quite a while. If it wasn't for the fact that my entire family was knocked sideways by a brutal bout with Influenza A the second half of March I would've lost my mind with no NCAA Tourney, No Champions League Soccer, No qualification games and friendlies in soccer, no start to the baseball season. Instead, things were such a total - show in March, sports were largely the last thing on my mind, but now it's starting to really suck. W/o the internet withdrawals would be about 1000x worse. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

If there's ever a sport that would be fine w/empty stadiums it's football. The sport is dog---- live compared to other sports like Hockey or soccer or baseball in particular and to a lesser extent basketball. Yes home field advantage would be gone, but honestly, who cares. I think the problem is that in other sports the sizes of the teams are anywhere between 50-80% smaller than in the NFL, then you add in all the coaches and it gets ridiculous. You wouldn't need an absolute ton of people in a stadium or arena for a basketball, or hockey game or even soccer (and soccer already has a long track record of punishing poor fan behavior with empty stadiums, I've seen games in such conditions dozens of times) but football? Good lord, there'd be a gazillion people so I could see football being closed out for quite a while. If it wasn't for the fact that my entire family was knocked sideways by a brutal bout with Influenza A the second half of March I would've lost my mind with no NCAA Tourney, No Champions League Soccer, No qualification games and friendlies in soccer, no start to the baseball season. Instead, things were such a total - show in March, sports were largely the last thing on my mind, but now it's starting to really suck. W/o the internet withdrawals would be about 1000x worse. 

 

Don't you fear the product will lose some of the quality in a completely quiet environment? No crowds or cheering? Would be dead. Almost like watching a practice but with stakes. Would be very strange.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

 

Don't you fear the product will lose some of the quality in a completely quiet environment? No crowds or cheering? Would be dead. Almost like watching a practice but with stakes. Would be very strange.

I would watch the NFL on the moon if it meant live sports would be back.

Edited by actorguy1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

 

Don't you fear the product will lose some of the quality in a completely quiet environment? No crowds or cheering? Would be dead. Almost like watching a practice but with stakes. Would be very strange.

 

Could do like Seattle and pump in fake crowd noise. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, markmills67 said:

Really don't want Peters, 38 years old and probably over 10m for 1 year, just have a feeling him coming here would only be for a final payday. No thanks from me. 

 

HTTR 

Peters for one year at 10 mil while we hopefully groom his replacement thru the draft would not be bad at all....Just pound the rock and play balls out defense.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, markmills67 said:

Really don't want Peters, 38 years old and probably over 10m for 1 year, just have a feeling him coming here would only be for a final payday. No thanks from me. 

 

HTTR 

 

On a one year deal that has no future effect on our cap situation, I honestly think it might still be worth it just for Haskins' development, even if it's 10-12 games worth of play. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, redrobert said:

The main problem with Peters is that his agent also represents Trent. Seems a bit of a conflict of interest there.

Maybe a deal gets done with Peters after we trade TW during the draft.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet it's pretty deflating to TW that teams prefer a Drafted Rookie (even a high #) to his services....Especially with what the other FA's have gotten in 2019/2020. I hope RR keeps TW upto the trade deadline if he can't secure a #2...If no takers in the last week...look for a #3. It doesn't cost a thing if TW is on the DNR list...if he does show/play..so much the better for Haskins.

 

Reskins don't owe TW any favors.

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, redrobert said:

The main problem with Peters is that his agent also represents Trent. Seems a bit of a conflict of interest there.

 

I would say the MAIN problem with Jason Peters is he is 38 and coming off a season in which he had knee injuries.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Houston traded a 2nd for Cooks!? My God. They are going to hemorrhage fans in droves. 


It’s a shames the Rams didn’t need a LT........
 

Although the move to retain their own 38 year old incumbent tackle on a 3/30 deal with little gtd money does look like a stop gap move at best.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Jets talking about trading safety Jamal Adams to the Cowboys for 1st and 2nd round picks??? They would then have 6 picks out of the first 80 in the draft....would they deal one or two of them to the Skins for Trent? 

Doesn't make sense. The Jets are jettisoning "older" talent for picks to build a young talented football team. Why would they throw picks at another aging talent. If they are going young and building thru the draft, noway they are interested in TW. TW is only valuable(2nd/3rd) to a contender in need of a LT. You can't think long term with TW because he'll be back ****ing about his contract in 2 years after the market out grows his ...and we have seen how he deals with that issue

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Doesn't make sense. The Jets are jettisoning "older" talent for picks to build a young talented football team. Why would they throw picks at another aging talent. If they are going young and building thru the draft, noway they are interested in TW. TW is only valuable(2nd/3rd) to a contender in need of a LT. You can't think long term with TW because he'll be back ****ing about his contract in 2 years after the market out grows his ...and we have seen how he deals with that issue

Not necessarily true....Did you see the Jets offensive line last year? They need to protect Darnold to have any chance at getting better and Trent would be their best lineman. Also, if you put any stock in what Peter King said this week, he likes the Jets as the team to watch for a Trent trade. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It shouldn’t be underestimated how important trading Trent is.

 

Picking #2 taking Young, then only having pick #66 before the 4th round. Damn another selection or two in the 50-100 range would be potentially push our draft over the edge.

 

And as much as I don’t love the options at LT, plugging Peters in on a short 1 or 2 year deal isn’t the end of the world.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

We’re getting a decent return. 2+5 or 3+4 is my guess.

 

His demands will have dropped. All this 20mil p/y **** is history.

 

3/50mil extension gets him hooked.

 

I want at least one of those picks to be this year - the higher of the 2.

 

Meanwhile, some rare words from our recent LT, who doesn't seem to speak often.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • TK locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...