Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

5 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

This blame game is all pointless noise. Trent is backed into a corner. Could have assisted an investigation last season but thought better of it.

Hes allowed himself to be screwed over with bad advice,

Yeah same with me, I can care less who is to blame.

Like I said I hope his agent is right because my interpretation of that is the hangup is the Redskins negotiation as to trade value and if that's the case they will figure it out.

Now, I suspect Trent's money is the hangup in spite of what his agent says.   But I just want a trade.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

At the time I heard Ron thought it was important for other teams to understand the Redskins have changed, almost as if he was there to rebrand the Redskins to the GM's and FO's around the league and establish some good will.

Take that for what it is but I remember hearing that more than 1 time.

If so that's dumb. How is hanging out on Dan's yacht going to change perception? The whole time I was seeing him down there I was thinking why isn't he back at Redskins Park working? Too many pointless interviews.

Edited by lavar1156
2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Which would make a lot of sense, I think.

Yeah, this is Keim's follow up to that tweet.  It sounds like Trent and Dunbar were put off that Rivera said everyone has a clean slate lets start this from scratch.  If so, IMO they are both overly sensitive.    It sounds like Trent wanted Rivera to kiss his butt and he didn't do it.  But still I doubt that's the operative point, I'd presume its money.

And look i don't care if Trent wants more money but if that's what's impinging on a deal getting done, then its on them. 

• Like 2

Trent blamed Bruce, now Bruce is gone

Trent blamed the trainers now they are gone

As mad as he was about Bruce and the trainers, he was willing to put that aside for a contract extension.  As we now know, money was the issue all along. 

I applaud Bruce and the current organization for not caving in to him. The Skins stood behind him when he was suspended twice for failing a drug test, and this is the thanks they get?

Edited by Redskinscub
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Trent seems to have a history of entitlement and over-sensitivity with his place in the Redskins. From his feeling threatened when we drafted Geron Christian to getting hurt because Ron reached out to Greg Olson first who he has had a years long relationship with versus Trent who he doesn't know at all. I get that he feels like he's sacrificed his body for this team, but he is also being paid quite well for that hazard.

I mean ****, I'm at high risk for the coronavirus and I'm still at work without millions in hazard pay. You go to work with a broken thumb or kneecap, well I go to work with a broken neck that gives me seizures from nerve damage. Get your **** straight Trent, we are not taking an L in draft capital so you can recoup your costs from last year.

Edited by Fresh8686
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Can't we orchestrate a sign and trade for TW?  We give him a larger signing bonus, so we take that cap hit this year, and the team receiving him gets him for a smaller cap number...

3yr x 57M (19 / yr) - 20M Signing Bonus (other guarantees in future years)

If we pay the 20M, it becomes dead cap for skins upon trade, and the new team gets Trent for 3yr x 37M (12.33 / yr average).

I feel like TW in that deal is worth a decent trade package...

Edited by DiscoBob

"I grew up without all the social media platforms and things like that, so it's amazing how Trent could have contract demands out there," Taylor told 106.7 The Fan. "The last time we've had any negotiations with the Redskins was when Trent got his second contract. We have never talked numbers with the Redskins since."

Taylor on Tuesday made a public appeal to the Redskins to trade or release his client, which is why this longstanding impasse has suddenly sprung back to the top of news feeds this week.

"There's a report that he was looking for $20 million a year to set the tackle market," Paulsen said to Taylor. "Is that not true?"

"That is not true," Taylor rebuffed the claim. "That is totally false."

"So let's just say if I'm Cleveland and I'm willing to trade for him, but I'm only willing to pay him $16 million," Paulsen followed up. "That wouldn't be a holdup for you guys?"

"Right. If we could get to a point where we could talk about those numbers, that would not be a holdup for us," Taylor said. "The contract has never been the holdup."

"The Redskins prior to the combine put Trent on the trade market," Taylor continued. "They had him on maybe 10 days, and even through the combine, which is the biggest business platform for teams looking to wheel and deal. Upon leaving the combine, the Redskins had not gotten one offer that they could bring to Trent and I so that I could negotiate our side.

"I had teams call me – and I won't call them out – I had two teams call me that said, 'Those guys do not know what they're doing. Their ask is outrageous.'"

"Clarify that," Paulsen said. "When you said their 'ask,' meaning the round that they want for Trent Williams (as compensation)?"

"Yep. The compensation that they were asking for was totally absurd," Taylor said. "And I had two teams call to tell me that."

"It's just best that they release him at this point," Taylor said.

https://thefandc.radio.com/trent-williams-agent-sets-record-straight-about-contract-demands

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Who is the most likely team interested, Browns, Jets, Texans? 

I used to think the Browns.  But Keim said in a recent podcast there is one team that's more interested than the others.  Then in an article this morning he mentioned the Vikings first and said he knows they are interested.  So am guessing its them?

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Give up $20m in capspace in Hope's of obtaining a 2nd round pick??

10 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

he's not looking for $20m

1) A sign and trade is based on a trade agreement in place ahead of time...

2) The contract proposed was basically 19M / yr (the Redskins would pay 20M, and "eat" that amount on this year's cap) - which I think they'd be willing to do, pending a good trade offer...

3) My assumption was that a team would be willing to offer something valuable to get TW on what is effectively a 3x12.33M deal to them...

4) Assuming #3 is true, the team can decide what a particular offer is worth to them in cash... would they eat 20M if they can get a #2 and a #3?

Edited by DiscoBob

If it Vikings, it'd have to be at least Harris and a pick

If it's Browns, it'd have to be at least a 2nd rounder, or OBJ type player and an offset

If its Jets, 2nd rounder at least

If its Chargers, try for Keenan Allen (he's unhappy there) and a major need for us

if its Texans, work with Bill O'Brien for their next two drafts (Herschel Walker-type trade) + Laremy Tunsil... he'll go for it 

Edited by SemperFi Skins
  • Haha 1

Doesn't sound like Ron was really all that interested in making it work and Trent coming back.  Like, he'd liked to have had him, but he wasn't going out of his way.  It was obviously a very delicate situation Ron wasn't interested in finessing at all.  If that's his way, he's letting it be known. 

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Assuming the team is aware of this, they're playing a game of chicken with these other teams. 

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

i just posted that fact about an hour ago. Must be reading on here.

24 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

What did a miss? How did the Vikings bring them into play?

SIP posted something earlier. Harris was supposedly on the market for a day three pick. But I can’t see us wanting his contract demands to be honest. I’d rather we sign Randall to compete with Sean Davis.

• Like 3

A couple of things that stood out to me were.

1. The agent wouldn't answer Grant when he was asked if Trent was worth a 2nd round pick.

2. The agent eluded to the fact Trent had earned the right to be let go, he even used Cam as an example.

To me, the agent believes the team should bow to Trent because he's earned that by playing here for 9 years, just my opinion.  He has a lot to say but none of it relates to fair compensation to our team.

Edited by JSSkinz
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, DiscoBob said:

Can't we orchestrate a sign and trade for TW?  We give him a larger signing bonus, so we take that cap hit this year, and the team receiving him gets him for a smaller cap number...

3yr x 57M (19 / yr) - 20M Signing Bonus (other guarantees in future years)

If we pay the 20M, it becomes dead cap for skins upon trade, and the new team gets Trent for 3yr x 37M (12.33 / yr average).

I feel like TW in that deal is worth a decent trade package...

Why the hell would we do that? So you telling me to use all my cap space to please a player that basically bashed my organization plus saying he won't play for us, so i'm going to hold back building my team for that guy? HELL NO!! We can get what we get or he plays or sit out again before that happens. Would not cross their minds or they should be fired. Plus we probably get stuck with him and his contract he'd do something stupid I don't trust him anymore.

Edited by #1skinsfanever
  • Thanks 1

Maybe Trent doesn't want to play anymore and this is an effort at a big payday for two more years. Maybe he has set a line in the sand and told himself If they pay me what I am asking, which is ludicrous, and if no one does he will walk away. He may be set for life already.  I'm usually wrong so take with a grain of salt.

The long standoff between Trent Williams and the Washington Redskins took yet another turn Thursday, as the star offensive tackle’s agent said “there is no relationship” between his client and new Redskins Coach Ron Rivera. The agent repeated demands that Washington trade or release Williams — demands that surprised the Redskins when they were first made shortly after Williams and Rivera met.

Speaking on 106.7 The Fan’s Grant and Danny radio show, Williams’s agent, Vince Taylor, said he had reached an agreement on a contract extension with a team interested in trading for Williams, but that it fell through because Redskins management was erratic in what it was asking for in return. Taylor said other teams have told him that Washington’s front office “doesn’t know what it’s doing” when it comes to requesting trade terms for Williams, after the team told Williams he could seek a trade earlier this month.

Taylor offered the most complete account of why Williams is asking again for a trade — continuing a 10-month dispute that began in part due to Williams’ belief that team doctors did not properly diagnose a growth on his scalp that turned out to be cancerous — following a meeting in mid-February with Rivera at the Redskins practice facility. He said Williams was initially encouraged when Owner Daniel Snyder fired team President Bruce Allen and hired Rivera at season’s end, and was hopeful he could have a new start with Washington under Rivera.

Williams’s demands have surprised Rivera and the Redskins front office, a person with knowledge of the situation said. Rivera, who was said to have made recruiting Williams back to the team one of his early priorities, came away from the meeting with Williams believing it was “cordial” and the start of a relationship that would build over the coming weeks, according to the person. Rivera has said publicly that because he doesn’t know any of the players from last season’s team, he wants them to come to offseason workouts to show they will buy in to the culture he hopes to build before considering making a long-term commitment to them.

The Redskins were shocked when Taylor called a few days after the meeting and said “if you aren’t going to extend [Williams’s contract] then trade him,” the person said, adding that Taylor told Washington officials that Williams will not play for them. 

On the radio, Taylor appeared to dispute this, saying neither he nor Williams have asked the Redskins for money on top of the $14.5 million he is owed on the final season of a five-year, $66 million extension he signed in 2015. Taylor also attacked reports that say Williams is looking for a new contract that would pay him as much as $19 million a year.

“It’s never been about the contract,” Taylor said.

Later, he answered a hypothetical question by saying Williams would consider a contract from another team worth $16 million a year.

He also implied that he has negotiated with at least one team and reached some kind of an understanding on a deal. And while he would not identify the team or describe the contract, he did complain that the team has not been able to come to an agreement with Washington because, he said, Rivera and the front office kept changing their requests for what the Redskins would receive in return.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/03/26/trent-williams-trade-ron-rivera-redskins-surprise/?utm_campaign=wp_redskins&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • TK locked this topic