Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up


Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, megared said:

So Trent is telling the front office to "keep the money, I'm not playing, AND I'm one year closer to free agency."

 

To be honest, he's doing the team a favor.  He's saving them from quite possibly completely tanking his value.  

 

This is why teams normally never let it get to this.     


If the contract doesn’t toll and TW refuses to play upon coming back, why didn’t we trade him earlier this year when he had more years left on his deal?  Did we think he’d play upon his return?  Am I missing something?

 

This could be twice in a row (Cousins, BA) Bruce misread his players’ motivations (even though talk radio had spit them out ad nauseam).  He’s paid to get these right. 

 

Edited by Andre The Giant
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, megared said:

So Trent is telling the front office to "keep the money, I'm not playing, AND I'm one year closer to free agency."

 

To be honest, he's doing the team a favor.  He's saving them from quite possibly completely tanking his value.  

 

This is why teams normally never let it get to this.     

 

BS, TW is a ****ing **** bag for reporting then faking an injury to fail the physical.  He doesn't deserve credit for this year, much less any salary the remainder of the year.  I hope in the next CBA they change things up to not allow players to hold teams hostage, hold out but still accrue a year of eligibility by reporting then faking injury to fail a physical, etc.  

 

Honor the ****ing contract you signed.  And spare me the BS about teams being able to trade players, cut them, etc.  They get paid way too much money to act like little ****es.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, megared said:

So Trent is telling the front office to "keep the money, I'm not playing, AND I'm one year closer to free agency."

 

To be honest, he's doing the team a favor.  He's saving them from quite possibly completely tanking his value.  

 

This is why teams normally never let it get to this.     

 

can't wait to see the numbers we get back from his contract

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I've never wanted to smack the **** out of my best friend more than I wanted to today....he says bruce and dan are heroes for what they did..do i smack him or his he right?

Term “hero” is thrown around too easily nowadays.

 

Whoever wrote this is a true hero.

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I've never wanted to smack the **** out of my best friend more than I wanted to today....he says bruce and dan are heroes for what they did..do i smack him or his he right?

 

You smack that mother like you a pimp.

 

Image result for chappelle rick james slap animated gif

 

Image result for chappelle rick james slap animated gif

 

 

 

 

Then grind your feet on his damn couch.

 

Image result for chappelle rick james fuck yo couch animated gif

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:


If the contract doesn’t toll and TW refuses to play upon coming back, why we didn’t trade him earlier this year when he had more years left on his deal?  Did we think he’d play upon his return?  Am I missing something?

 

This could be twice in a row (Cousins, BA) Bruce misread his players’ motivations (even though talk radio had spit them out ad nauseam).  He’s paid to get these right. 

 

 

In the interest of vindictiveness and not allowing it to 'set a precedence'.  As if we have a bunch of players on our roster that are comparable to him.

 

Only the most delusional of fans thought he wouldn't report to accrue a year of service...or that he'd be the one to mend fences, and suit up to play. 

 

After a fresh reminder of what a malcontent can do to a team (AB), the FO chose to willingly go down the same path.  

 

Trent has vowed to not play for the organization again.  I don't think there's anything the team can do to MAKE him.  And he knew this when everything began.  The FO apparently didn't?

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

 

Don't sign the contract if you don't want to be here. The guy is under contract and yes he looks like a 🤡.  Bruce is the biggest 🤡, but right now screw both of them. 

 

We'll see. As it stands the team will be paying for a player that has yet to suit up. I'm sure that will get old quickly. 

22 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I've never wanted to smack the **** out of my best friend more than I wanted to today....he says bruce and dan are heroes for what they did..do i smack him or his he right?

 

Kindly accept his thoughts, move on with your day and get better friends. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, megared said:

 

In the interest of vindictiveness and not allowing it to 'set a precedence'.  As if we have a bunch of players on our roster that are comparable to him.

 

Only the most delusional of fans thought he wouldn't report to accrue a year of service...or that he'd be the one to mend fences, and suit up to play. 

 

After a fresh reminder of what a malcontent can do to a team (AB), the FO chose to willingly go down the same path.  

 

Trent has vowed to not play for the organization again.  I don't think there's anything the team can do to MAKE him.  And he knew this when everything began.  The FO apparently didn't?


 

You let him pull the same BS next year then franchise tag him 3 years in a row. He can have his freedom at age 35 five years since he played football or he can retire. That’s assuming he doesn’t get popped for a failed drug test with all the free time.  That’s the hardball that needs to be played. Al Davis did it with Marcus Allen and Bruce worked for Al. 
 

Screw the second round pick. I want him to suffer....

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:


 

You let him pull the same BS next year then franchise tag him 3 years in a row. He can have his freedom at age 35 five years since he played football or he can retire. That’s assuming he doesn’t get popped for a failed drug test with all the free time.  That’s the hardball that needs to be played. Al Davis did it with Marcus Allen and Bruce worked for Al. 
 

Screw the second round pick. I want him to suffer....

 

Pay him, and devote a significant chunk of cap space, to a vendetta?  So you're more interested in punishing Trent than winning?

 

Everyone that's obsessed with how front offices could've addressed this differently years ago, forgets...there was no salary cap, and guys leaving in free agency wasn't common.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, megared said:

 

Pay him, and devote a significant chunk of cap space, to a vendetta?  So you're more interested in punishing Trent than winning?

 

Everyone that's obsessed with how front offices could've addressed this differently years ago, forgets...there was no salary cap, and guys leaving in free agency wasn't common.  


You get all the cap space back. He doesn’t play he doesn’t get paid. Punishing him is winning. No one will dare pull this again with the Redskins.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andre The Giant said:


 

 

This could be twice in a row (Cousins, BA) Bruce misread his players’ motivations (even though talk radio had spit them out ad nauseam).  He’s paid to get these right. 

 

 

He's still here despite failing spectacularly because nobody wants to acknowledge what he's actually paid for.

 

He's paid to be cover for Dan Snyder running his clownshow under cover. He's performed his job to perfection. Losingest era in team history yet still keeps on trucking on and on and on.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, volsmet said:


Interesting 

 

 i don't know where you posted that, but I believe that it's absolutely false. No way Dunbar is worth a 1st rd pick. The guy gets hurt a lot and is good at times not great. No way we would get a 1st for him. 

Edited by desertbeagle85
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SkinsFTW said:

 

1-7 going on 1-15 yet we're actually WINNING!!!

 

I'm sure that players will be fighting to get onto this team in the future.:rofl89:

 


We win off the field and we win being medieval with our players! Snyder should send him a TV like Laverneus Coles. That’s the only place he will be seeing football for the next 4 1/2 years. Snyder is getting way too soft. He needs to get back some his jerk mojo. If you are gonna be 1-7 be yourself. No need to put on airs.

Embrace it.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, profusion said:

 

Holding out for business reasons doesn't make him a "bad teammate." This guy gave it his all on the field for years and made the other guys look better--I've never heard of him slacking in practice, either.

 

These guys are professionals, each in charge of their own career. I hate to say it, but today's players are not emotionally invested in which color laundry they're wearing on any given Sunday nor do they view ownership as their "friend." It's a lucrative career, not a marriage. I'm sure everybody in that locker room understands why TW is doing this, even if no one has explained it publicly. 

If its about money he should come out and say it. Instead he leaves his teammates to answer for him which is wrong not business.Until he comes out and speaks he looks like a egotistical moron carrying a grudge just like Bruce. If it's about the tumor he is a millionaire what kind of millionaire can't afford to have a tumor on his head his checked by professional after being told to get a second opinion.Oh now the whole helmet issue Trent is a joke I hope he never plays football again the dam coward.

Edited by Ghedrick
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:


You get all the cap space back. He doesn’t play he doesn’t get paid. Punishing him is winning. No one will dare pull this again with the Redskins.

 

Yea but not in real time.  Isn't it credited to you the following season? 

 

Posturing doesn't matter, just like Bruce has motivation to prove a point, so does Trent.  And Trent backing down doesn't get him a new contract in this situation.  Him playing risks tens of millions of dollars, in a signing bonus he could be getting as soon as the season ends and the Redskins decide to trade him.  Who would jeopardize that over goodwill?  Take the fan cap off for a second...this is the guy's job. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

 

 i don't know where you posted that, but I believe that it's absolutely false. No way Dunbar is worth a 1st rd pick. The guy gets hurt a lot and is good at times not great. No way we would get a 1st for him. 


Humans working in the nfl disagree.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is gonna be a great story moving forward; it's like a game of chess. Who can get the better of the other? If TW doesn't play then Bruce will do everything possible to get the accrued season discredited and again try and force him to play here. This could be better than making the playoffs....maybe that's the kind of entertainment Dan is trying to give us fans? 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • TK locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...