Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, MartinC said:

 

Non football related injury. Disabled list.

 

Back to you Trent?


“it was only like this because of the way you all misdiagnosed the condition to begin with.”

 

Back to you, Bruce.

 

So let me explain what I mean by this post so people don’t jump on me all willy nilly... there will be point/counterpoint over and over again until the team moves Trent Williams.

 

Its almost quite literally the only way this stops. And it’s going to get ugly. And now it’s going to last after he goes. Damned good culture be damned.
 

By not trading Williams, the team has cast a shadow on the franchise that will last at minimum for months and it will continue to grow. There are some things more important than ego or being right. 

 

This is going to be even more exhausting as we move forward and both sides lawyers are going to be loopholing every step of the way.

 

 

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Wilbur Marshall was not a disaster. He never missed a game with us and played damn well. I dont know what you saw?

 

I'm referring to how he left, not what he did while he was here, he became a disaster when we franchised him in the first year of modern free agency,

 

Edited by carex
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KDawg said:


“it was only like this because of the way you all misdiagnosed the condition to begin with.”

 

Back to you, Bruce.

 

So let me explain what I mean by this post so people don’t jump on me all willy nilly... there will be point/counterpoint over and over again until the team moves Trent Williams.

 

Its almost quite literally the only way this stops. And it’s going to get ugly. And now it’s going to last after he goes. Damned good culture be damned.
 

By not trading Williams, the team has cast a shadow on the franchise that will last at minimum for months and it will continue to grow. There are some things more important than ego or being right. 

 

This is going to be even more exhausting as we move forward and both sides lawyers are going to be loopholing every step of the way.

 

 

Agree with this. And Trent doesnt care about the money. He cares about getting credit for the year. And the Redskins are not going to pay him. The NFI list will protect them on that front. As lang as Trent doesnt push for the money the Skins cant do a damn thing. I am not going to bash the Skins for not trading him yesterday though. It appears the offers were trash. Someone might be willing to give up a first after the season. So I am glad they didnt take nothing for him. I am however pissed he wasnt traded right after training camp. They could have gotten a decent haul then most likely. And it is just another example of just how worthless Bruce really is.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot believe he officially failed the physical.   Williams agent must be coaching him on what to do and say regarding the helmet stuff.  No one could have made

this up and put it in a football novel.  Its going to get even uglier for the rest of the season.   Its going to be like playing a long 5 set tennis match.  Some points

will last longer than others.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

image.jpeg.8a87e437253fde4641a730af52c63fda.jpeg

Is not like Williams wanted to play, what did they expect?  How dumb do you have to be to think he would show up and play?

 

This season is shot anyways let's enjoy the theatrics because its the only entertainment we are going to get this year.

Edited by Veryoldschool
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

 Its going to be like playing a long 5 set tennis match.  Some points

will last longer than others.  

 

More appropriately... It'll be like watching that Michael Vick Eagles Monday Night Game on loop for 7 months

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, carex said:

 

I'm referring to how he left, not what he did while he was here, he became a disaster when we franchised him in the first year of modern free agency,

 


You have it backward. He was the first player to be signed in years as a free agent. We gave up two first round picks to sign him away from the Bears. 

We were so over the cap when Plan B free agency started that we shed a ton of players. Marshall went to the Oilers to play with Buddy Ryan in 1994 then went to Arizona with Buddy to finish his career if I recall correctly.

 

Edited by SoCalSkins
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:


You have it backward. He was the first player to be signed in years as a free agent. We gave up two first round picks to sign him away from the Bears. 

We were so over the cap when Plan B free agency started that we shed a ton of players. Marshall went to the Oilers to play with Buddy Ryan in 1994 then went to Arizona with Buddy to finish his career if I recall correctly.

 

You guys mind taking the Wilbur Marshall talk somewhere else, I came to this thread to read about TW and I had to sift through a bunch of Marshall banter.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


So this clears it up. If he’s on the non football injury list he simply doesn’t get paid. His contract doesn’t toll. If he was a player with less than 4 years in the NFL would matter in terms of accrual for free agency. So he basically showed up, faked a non football injury. Won’t get paid but will only have a year left on his deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, KDawg said:


“it was only like this because of the way you all misdiagnosed the condition to begin with.”

 

Back to you, Bruce.

 

So let me explain what I mean by this post so people don’t jump on me all willy nilly... there will be point/counterpoint over and over again until the team moves Trent Williams.

 

Its almost quite literally the only way this stops. And it’s going to get ugly. And now it’s going to last after he goes. Damned good culture be damned.
 

By not trading Williams, the team has cast a shadow on the franchise that will last at minimum for months and it will continue to grow. There are some things more important than ego or being right. 

 

This is going to be even more exhausting as we move forward and both sides lawyers are going to be loopholing every step of the way.

 

 


It’s trending towards the Redskins suspending him or putting him on the non football injury list and forcing Williams to file a grievance.

 

Messy. 
 

And something the team should absolutely have avoided him by trading him weeks ago.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

So this clears it up. If he’s on the non football injury list he simply doesn’t get paid. His contract doesn’t toll. If he was a player with less than 4 years in the NFL would matter in terms of accrual for free agency. So he basically showed up, faked a non football injury. Won’t get paid but will only have a year left on his deal.

 

Not that this was not predicted by roughly 10K ES posters, but, damn, what an enormous asshole Trent has turned out to be.

 

They should hook him up to a polygraph and ask him if the helmet actually hurts or if he's lying.

Edited by sempre_victrix
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, KDawg said:

 

By not trading Williams, the team has cast a shadow on the franchise that will last at minimum for months and it will continue to grow. There are some things more important than ego or being right. 

Agree and how will affect players under contract, potential free agents the team wants to resign and what about drawing in FA's. History over the Snyder era has not led to players wanting to come to DC that often. WHat will their take be on this debacle (regardless of who was right or wrong)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:


So this clears it up. If he’s on the non football injury list he simply doesn’t get paid. His contract doesn’t toll. If he was a player with less than 4 years in the NFL would matter in terms of accrual for free agency. So he basically showed up, faked a non football injury. Won’t get paid but will only have a year left on his deal.

 

it says won't toll, which means won't count.  I think the either way comment might be referring to whether or not the Skins pay him

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, carex said:

 

it says won't toll, which means won't count.  I think the either way comment might be referring to whether or not the Skins pay him


Incorrect. Tolling means it would push out a year. Here, it doesn’t. He will only be under contract next year. They don’t have to pay him if they put him on the NFI but they won’t get the contract year back...

 

 

Edited by SoCalSkins
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Ya..thats the way I read it too. 2 years on his contract for next year Trade. I can't see how such a simple fraud could be executed on the NFL...too easy

 

I searched NFL and toll and it means to delay.  If we cannot toll his contract this year, we cannot delay it, meaning there will be 1 year left at the end of this season.  That's what I get out of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

 

I searched NFL and toll and it means to delay.  If we cannot toll his contract this year, we cannot delay it, meaning there will be 1 year left at the end of this season.  That's what I get out of it.


Correct

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:


Incorrect. Tolling means it would push out a year. Here, it doesn’t. He will only be under contract next year. They don’t have to pay him if they put him on the NFI but they won’t get the contract year back...

 

 

That’s how I read.  So Trent won’t get paid but he only has 1 year left on his contract since he has more than 3 years of service in the league.

 

Time to watch a competent team.  Go Nats!

Edited by Csup
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am curious to know all of the behind the scenes details to all of this. For example, why decide to leak that you will report right at the trade deadline? Why were there then media tweets that indicated that he was going to report, but not play? Then the failed physical based on discomfort when the helmet is on. I have to wonder about the legal details of what is behind these decisions. Like, are there specified guidelines that say how a determination is made about whether an injury is considered a football injury or non-football injury based on how it was first identified and documented.

 

So hypothetically, if Trent initially went to the training staff last year discussing discomfort when wearing his helmet. They look at it and say, yeah, it is pretty common for helmets to cause skin irritation with all the sweat and friction during games and practices. If the irritation doesn't go away in the off season, you should have it checked. Does it make a difference if the team doctors initially said it could be football related? I have no idea if any of these details matter, but I have to think Trent has had some advice about how to go through this process that does not undermine his legal position. He does not seem to be impulsive in how he has approached this whole thing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So Trent is telling the front office to "keep the money, I'm not playing, AND I'm one year closer to free agency."

 

To be honest, he's doing the team a favor.  He's saving them from quite possibly completely tanking his value.  

 

This is why teams normally never let it get to this.     

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Unbias said:

 

RE: Failed Physical? - We'll find out. It's going to get complicated. It's not like Trent rolled out of bed and randomly decided to walk in. This is a calculated move where he's operating on the advice of his agent, who would have a good understanding of the legal argument for showing up and saying the helmet was not comfortable. 

 

RE: Trent starting to look like a clown - Or he's starting to look like someone who's dug in. We may not like his tactics, but he's following the Jalen Ramsey blueprint. It seems like he told Bruce he won't play for the team and it appears he's sticking to that. 

 

Don't sign the contract if you don't want to be here. The guy is under contract and yes he looks like a 🤡.  Bruce is the biggest 🤡, but right now screw both of them. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • TK locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...