Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

4 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Uses others to speak for him?  Like a person who speaks for someone?  Like a spokesperson?  Or Trent is someone who doesn't like to stir the pot and has let Bruce make a complete ass of himself while he literally says and does nothing but silently protest?

Please, remind me what he's used others to say?  And remind me why a guy would lose a ton of money in order to prove that it's not about money?  And why would people want to get paid?  And what good would it do him to not report?  And what did the team do to handle this situation, or any other, well?

You're right.  What a d-bag.  Thanks for opening my eyes versus what we've seen the guy do for nearly a decade for this team.  I can't believe I was so fooled. :eyeroll:

What has Trent said since the off season?  D. Hall always has something to say for Trent. I guess he is an official spokes person. Idolize all you want it’s your right. Owners and Athletes are culprits of why most professional sports have sucked for me since the turn of the century. :eyeroll: back. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, mcgraw238 said:

No one has caused more damage to this franchise than Snyder. Anything that keeps the sunshine on the front office is fine by me...It's the incompetence of RG3's dancing bowling buddy that has killed ticket sales and caused FedEx field to be a home game for every visiting team. If that makes me a lesser fan than those that shill for the front office, then so be it. I've got Trent's back. 

This is not how you do it, and I'll be damned if not supporting a player trying to get a year without doing anything makes me shilling for the franchise.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, megared said:

Stop it.  No he isn't. 

If we go down the list of all of the things to be worked out in a new CBA, protecting the 1% of worst GMs from idiotic, self destructive decisions would probably be right below concussion settlements for former players on priorities.  And considering how they wouldn't even play the game and field offers from other teams, I seriously doubt the same group of people are going to care about Dan & Bruce's hurt feelings.  

Everyone knew this was a possibility.  Only the Redskins have made it a reality.  Just like franchise tagging a QB twice.  

reporting and refusing to play was not seriously discussed as a possibilty

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This is not how you do it, and I'll be damned if not supporting a player trying to get a year without doing anything makes me shilling for the franchise.

He offered to give a year...just not to this organization.  With how they've mismanaged everything else, can you blame him?

I'm sure Scherff is just oh-so-impressed by the FO's strength in negotiations, that he's gonna sacrifice money to accept a low ball offer, and stay part of this great culture.  Do you really think our guys on their rookie contracts aren't paying attention to this ****?

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

D.  Hall, just now on NFL Network, same dude who broke the news that Trent is coming back.   And he's said he's spoken to Trent during the impasse.   He seems to think Trent will play out the season and then push for the trade after the season again. 

I wouldnt ask DHall what the weather was yesterday at this point, I'm done with him and his inside nonsense.

• Like 2

I have a feeling this will eventually end up in arbitration or in the courts. One of the beat reporters claimed (in July) that Trent is exploring legal options. 

Make it messy guys, it's more entertaining than the brand of football they offer

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, carex said:

reporting and refusing to play was not seriously discussed as a possibilty

Yea it was.  You were in the minority that thought he wouldn't report for some reason that eludes common sense. 

Now we're to believe that he should lay it on the line, when he already told you he wasn't going to play again for this team? 

Everyone knew when he reported, he was going to find every reason to not play. 

1 minute ago, megared said:

He offered to give a year...just not to this organization.  With how they've mismanaged everything else, can you blame him?

I'm sure Scherff is just oh-so-impressed by the FO's strength in negotiations, that he's gonna sacrifice money to accept a low ball offer, and stay part of this great culture.  Do you really think our guys on their rookie contracts aren't paying attention to this ****?

Of course they are, do you want players regularly holding out and threatening to do the best minimum to count as league year to get what they want?  This is beyond Snyder and Bruce now, Trent is taking this to a level that sets a precedent for the rest of the league.

3 minutes ago, megared said:

Yea it was.  You were in the minority that thought he wouldn't report for some reason that eludes common sense. 

Now we're to believe that he should lay it on the line, when he already told you he wasn't going to play again for this team? 

Everyone knew when he reported, he was going to find every reason to not play. 

Trent never actually said that, it was only reported he said that, even his own teammates didnt believe it at first.  This whole reporting but not playing thing is speculation as well, along with why hes doing it or how far hes willing to take it because he wont jus say it him damn self.

2 hours ago, carex said:

to make himself more tradeable.  Plus he's only going to see part of his salary this year, where his complete contract rolls over to next year.  And what if this convinces them not to trade him next year.  Would he really want to do this all over?  Plus I am trying to give him some credit for his health concerns

Would they want to do it though.  They still have to hire a new coach, who you would think would want this resolved. 

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Of course they are, do you want players regularly holding out and threatening to do the best minimum to count as league year to get what they want?  This is beyond Snyder and Bruce now, Trent is taking this to a level that sets a precedent for the rest of the league.

At this point, I'd love to have a team of guys capable of HOF level flashes, that we just had to pay. 

The disconnect we have is that you think it's a money thing, I see it as further proof of organizational dysfunction.  The same decision making that led us down this path with Trent, led the Jets into a dispute with Osemele, and the Bengals with Glenn.  And we all have similar records, combining for 2-21. 

Competent, let alone good teams don't have these problems.    They'd rather focus on moving forward and winning games. 

Edited by megared
1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Not supporting Trent doesnt mean I support Bruce, but I cant support Trent on what hes doing here.  It working out in his favor is a different question, but what's to stop another player from doing something like this?

I don’t think you’re seeing my point. It’s not supporting Trent. Business is a game of chess. If Trent manages to accrue a year and not play much or at all? Checkmate. Right or wrong doesn’t matter I’m the business world, unfortunately. And it’s sad.

But to answer your last question: People commit crimes every day and get away with it? Why don’t you?

I think I can answer for you. One person doesn’t always blaze a trail. We make decisions based on our own values.

Trent believes the Redskins did him wrong and he’s taking action. Agree or not. 

This is the hill he’s chosen to lie on. And so far Allen is the one rolling down it.

5 minutes ago, megared said:

At this point, I'd love to have a team of guys capable of HOF level flashes, that we just had to pay. 

The disconnect we have is that you think it's a money thing, I see it as further proof of organizational dysfunction.  The same decision making that led us down this path with Trent, led the Jets into a dispute with Osemele, and the Bengals with Glenn.  And we all have similar records, combining for 2-21. 

Competent, let alone good teams don't have these problems.    They'd rather focus on moving forward and winning games. 

I'm not limiting this to a money thing, this by itself could've torpedoed our season because of how fragile the oline was.  I cant support players going this far not to play, it hurts everyone no matter who the target is.  

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don’t think you’re seeing my point. It’s not supporting Trent. Business is a game of chess. If Trent manages to accrue a year and not play much or at all? Checkmate. Right or wrong doesn’t matter I’m the business world, unfortunately. And it’s sad.

But to answer your last question: People commit crimes every day and get away with it? Why don’t you?

I think I can answer for you. One person doesn’t always blaze a trail. We make decisions based on our own values.

Trent believes the Redskins did him wrong and he’s taking action. Agree or not. 

This is the hill he’s chosen to lie on. And so far Allen is the one rolling down it.

I got your point that this work in Trents favor, if anyone wins this it will be him. I jus cant support him because it hurt everyone else in the process, whether they had something to do with it or not.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

What is stopping Danny from suing for breach of contract? Is there an arbitration clause in the CBA?

1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

Good lord, they gonna go to arbitration now?

They will go to arbitration, that is almost always the case in a CBA, neither side really want the courts involved in it because quite frankly, neither side likes having the courts decide if something isn't legal or not.

I'm kind of leery of the whole "medical staff" issue going around because he would have filed a grievance with the union had that been the case, especially if it was a life or death matter. I'm leaning towards his camp knowing how pissed the fans are about all the injuries the team has had and hoping that would get him some goodwill with the fans and make the injuries the issue, and not his contract not being guaranteed for 2019 and 2020. It seemed that the drafting of Christian last year ticked him off, and he thought the team would keep him around until the final cuts in preseason, and then release him so that his salary this year wasn't guaranteed.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

D.  Hall, just now on NFL Network, same dude who broke the news that Trent is coming back.   And he's said he's spoken to Trent during the impasse.   He seems to think Trent will play out the season and then push for the trade after the season again. 

I don't believe a word that DHall says.  He hasn't gotten a single thing right tin this debacle.

TW would not play a down the rest of the season.  His greedy butt can sit there in sweats and watch the game as he grows older.

51 minutes ago, -JB- said:

You really thought he was gonna play for this organization?  He can report and this season counts as year of service time.  The Redskins front office is full of bozos.

If he refuses to play has he reported? Doubtful to me - but you’d think his agent would be all over the implications of this.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm not limiting this to a money thing, this by itself could've torpedoed our season because of how fragile the oline was.  I cant support players going this far not to play, it hurts everyone no matter who the target is.  

It didn't tangibly hurt the team.  We'd still be 1-7 with Trent.  Keenum might've had an extra tick or two in some cases to make the same terrible decisions he's prone to making.  

This is the doomsday scenario of what happens when the relationship between the team and player go south.  It was never supposed to happen. 

Trent sat at home and said nothing, while the FO reported fining him to the media, and steadfastly refused to entertain offers.  Aside from the whole ego/precedence argument, are you not realizing that right or wrong,  we have someone on our roster that is of no use to us, that is being paid handsomely?  To prove a point, we passed on recouping value.  And instead of going into an off season with extra assets, we're down a 2nd rounder, and STILL have to figure out what to do with him.  And now he has as much say in any trade as the two teams doing the deal.  

Regardless of whether Trent intends to play or not, I mean could the FO actually decide to put him out there?  They'd be risking completely tanking his value with a serious injury.  

26 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Not supporting Trent doesnt mean I support Bruce, but I cant support Trent on what hes doing here.  It working out in his favor is a different question, but what's to stop another player from doing something like this?

Absolutely nothing and that's awesome as hell!!  **** Bruce! **** DAN!  To a certain extent **** the NFL for screwing the players over time and again. Yea, they bring some of it on their own like the CBA due to hiring an ignoramus to represent them among other things

What's amazing is the very few that get enough of an upper hand to stick it back to the owners, fans get all pissed off and take it personal that how dare the players actually get over on the owners for once.

I am rooting for Trent 100% here. Bruce had time to make this right and he screwed it up just like with Kirk. He has no idea how to handle talent - no one in the organization does. He is thoroughly delusional. Bruce and mini-me can rot their ignorant asses in hell for what they he and mini-me have done to this team. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I am rooting for Trent 100% here. Bruce had time to make this right and he screwed it up just like with Kirk.

I would have been as well had Trent not waited until late in the off-season to let his intentions be known. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, -JB- said:

You really thought he was gonna play for this organization?  He can report and this season counts as year of service time.  The Redskins front office is full of bozos.

Not really. If he refuses to play it is conduct detrimental and they can suspend him and the season doesnt accrue. If he claims he is injured and doesnt play. The Skins can claim it was not football related and put him on the NFI list and keep his salary.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, megared said:

It didn't tangibly hurt the team.  We'd still be 1-7 with Trent.  Keenum might've had an extra tick or two in some cases to make the same terrible decisions he's prone to making.  

This is the doomsday scenario of what happens when the relationship between the team and player go south.  It was never supposed to happen. 

Trent sat at home and said nothing, while the FO reported fining him to the media, and steadfastly refused to entertain offers.  Aside from the whole ego/precedence argument, are you not realizing that right or wrong,  we have someone on our roster that is of no use to us, that is being paid handsomely?  To prove a point, we passed on recouping value.  And instead of going into an off season with extra assets, we're down a 2nd rounder, and STILL have to figure out what to do with him.  And now he has as much say in any trade as the two teams doing the deal.  

Regardless of whether Trent intends to play or not, I mean could the FO actually decide to put him out there?  They'd be risking completely tanking his value with a serious injury.  

You are only saying this because we are 1-7 as opposed to being in a playoff push, like somehow that means this doesnt matter.  This isnt about taking sides, this is about saying both sides are dead wrong here. Two wrongs dont make a right.  We dont even really know why hes doing this to ask me to support him on this, jus speculation.

7 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Absolutely nothing and that's awesome as hell!!  **** Bruce! **** DAN!  To a certain extent **** the NFL for screwing the players over time and again. Yea, they bring some of it on their own like the CBA due to hiring an ignoramus to represent them among other things

What's amazing is the very few that get enough of an upper hand to stick it back to the owners, fans get all pissed off and take it personal that how dare the players actually get over on the owners for once.

I am rooting for Trent 100% here. Bruce had time to make this right and he screwed it up just like with Kirk. He has no idea how to handle talent - no one in the organization does. He is thoroughly delusional. Bruce and mini-me can rot their ignorant asses in hell for what they he and mini-me have done to this team. 

So you want this to be normal?

• Like 1
  • TK changed the title to !!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up
  • TK locked this topic