Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up


Recommended Posts

Looks as if the Skins were trying to get a 1st round pick AND Denzel Ward from Cleveland.

 

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/10/redskins-trent-williams-browns-denzel-ward/

 

"Redskins Insane New Asking Price for Trent Williams Revealed

 

If the Cleveland Browns will want to bring in Trent Williams before the trade deadline, it’s going to cost them. The Washington Redskins are going big-game hunting.

The Redskins don’t just want high picks back for the seven-time Pro Bowler. They also want high-caliber players. According to NFL Network Insider, Ian Rappaport, one player Washington has inquired about is corner Denzel Ward, who was a Pro Bowler as a rookie."

 

Edited by SonnySideUp
formatting
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

A tweet was put out earlier in the week that Trent would return and act as if he is not healthy.

 

If he tries to go that route there is definitely something they can do.

 

Happened to be watching Finlay when the Trent news broke.  He says its worse case for the Redskins.  It makes the Trent contract a 1 year deal left, lowering trade value.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

 

Happening to be watching Finlay when the Trent news broke.  He says its worse case for the Redskins.  It makes the Trent contract a 1 year deal left, lowering trade value.

Smart move by Trent, he was just sitting there waiting until 3:59 pm to make sure he didn't lose that year.

 

Now let's see if he plays, I'm sure you saw the tweets earlier in the week about him playing possum if he had to report.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

Happened to be watching Finlay when the Trent news broke.  He says its worse case for the Redskins.  It makes the Trent contract a 1 year deal left, lowering trade value.

 

Yep. We will get nothing for him now. NOTHING. At best, a comp pick when he walks in a year. He won't sign a LTD with the Skins and neither will Scherff. So we can only use the tag on one of them -- and you don't want to use the tag period.

 

It is mind-blowing how bad Bruce is at his job.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

 

Happened to be watching Finlay when the Trent news broke.  He says its worse case for the Redskins.  It makes the Trent contract a 1 year deal left, lowering trade value.

 

he's reporting a week early is that's case.  Skins only have eight games left but with the bye he could wait till next week

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, if Trent really has reported, that tells me that this was (at least in part) about money.  I'm probably missing something here, but the only reason he would report would be so that he get credit for playing this year, leaving only 2020 on his deal.  If he had failed to report, his contract would extend though 2021 (i.e. it would be as if this year never happened)?

 

So, assuming many different things are true that I don't know are true (hence the word "assume"), this was at least 50% about money, or 75% about medical staff concerns.  Or it was "potentially" "probably" about money (25% chance), vs. likely about money (51%).  And the other 80% was about pride (40% Bruce Allen, 40% Trent, 60% Dan, 10% Jay).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Finlay also said he knew for a fact they had three AFC teams who were interested in Trent months back and those teams were rebuffed by Bruce.  He thinks they blew it -- trade market narrowed at the end.  He goes out of a scale of 0-10 -- it was a 10 level mistake.  

Where are these facts? So easy to run with narratives. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, carex said:

 

he's reporting a week early is that's case.  Skins only have eight games left but with the bye he could wait till next week

 

He gets more money potentially that way.  Bruce played his hand.  The only hand left for Trent is to report get what he can salary wise and get that year accrued.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nonniey said:

The highest pick the Redskins can now expect for Williams is a 3rd rounder (They may be able to swing an additional later pick in a deal - maybe). @Carex - comments?

 

damn shame.  He's losing money and risking his health

Link to post
Share on other sites

If a player doesn't want to play for you why do you want him in your building and around your team? I would do my best to get value and move on. This just seems like a big ego play that was totally mismanaged by two pathetic people. 

 

And why does Allen have control over trades when he has totally failed at this so many times before? The guy is such a loser. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rypienskinz said:

Where are these facts? So easy to run with narratives. 

 

Finlay said he knows three AFC teams contacted them about Trent.  you can watch it on Redskins Talk.  It's a show running right now.  If I recall there was an article about it weeks ago, too.   If you want think that Finlay is lying and just making things up or whatever.  Cool.  that's you right. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kfrankie said:

Well, if Trent really has reported, that tells me that this was (at least in part) about money.  I'm probably missing something here, but the only reason he would report would be so that he get credit for playing this year, leaving only 2020 on his deal.  If he had failed to report, his contract would extend though 2021 (i.e. it would be as if this year never happened)?

 

So, assuming many different things are true that I don't know are true (hence the word "assume"), this was at least 50% about money, or 75% about medical staff concerns.  Or it was "potentially" "probably" about money (25% chance), vs. likely about money (51%).  And the other 80% was about pride (40% Bruce Allen, 40% Trent, 60% Dan, 10% Jay).

Looks more like 99-100% he wants to get away from the Redskins as soon as he can.

Edited by nonniey
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

He gets more money potentially that way.  Bruce played his hand.  The only hand left for Trent is to report get what he can salary wise and get that year accrued.

 

He's reporting early because he's a good teammate.  All bout the team, that's why he's elected captain.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is disgusting. Im done.  F you bruce, F you dan.  I cannot believe this.  We wont get anything for Trent now.  Miami got freaking 2 firsts for Tunsil and Trents three times the player he was.  IF THERE IS ANY MEDIA REPORTS WITH ANY GUTS DO NOT LET BRUCE GET AWAY WITH THIS, ASK THE HARD QUESTIONS STOP THROWING SOFT BALLS THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.  IM A LIFELONG FAN, I HAVE A FREAKING TATTOO ON MY FOREARM, BUT I AM SO DISGUSTED WITH THIS OWNER WHO LETS A GM RUN HIS TEAM INTO THE GROUND AND SITS BACK AND LETS IT ALL HAPPEN BECAUSE HE WANTS A PLAYMATE/FRIEND.  IM SERIOUSLY GOING INSANE RIGHT NOW

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • TK changed the title to !!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up
  • TK locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...