Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Just now, volsmet said:

The good news, we didn’t take a 2nd for Trent. I’d much rather hit up the winter with Trent than a 2nd.

If time healed all wounds I wouldn’t have been stuck sleeping on the couch for the last 6 years, but perhaps time can mend things at Redskins park.

Yep quoted for truth. Still piss poor management holy moly

• Like 1
Just now, Forehead said:

Not knowing how this sort of thing works exactly, can he attempt to report and the team tell him to **** off, he doesn't get to show up and claim credit for this season?

Just curious, I could not care less if the front office is made to look stupid.

As long as he is on the roster for the last 6 games he will get credit. The Team has the power to shelve him for 2 weeks (This includes the bye) - which means he could report as late as next week and be assured he'll be credited with the year.

3 minutes ago, Forehead said:

Not knowing how this sort of thing works exactly, can he attempt to report and the team tell him to **** off, he doesn't get to show up and claim credit for this season?

Just curious, I could not care less if the front office is made to look stupid.

Based on some tweets that are out there if he didn't report before the end of the trade deadline he has to go through the league and there's seems to be some question as to how that affects the amount of years remaining on his contract.

Which is probably why I just read a tweet that said Trent just reported.

Edited by JSSkinz
Just now, JSSkinz said:

I don't care how much I hate Bruce and Dan if Trent tries to act as if he is not healthy I hope we do what we have to do to make sure we retain that 2nd year on his contract.

Theres nothing they can do bruce is a clown

We were correct about Cousins, correct about TW, why can't we have any semblance of competence in the FO?? Like I don't need brilliance, I just want someone who knows what the **** they're doing. Two decades of Cerrato and BA... holy hell.

• Like 5

Is there no value in having Trent report week 10. Get up to speed and game shape by week 13, then start Haskins behind an elite LT week 14-17? This demonstrates Trent is still the best tackle in football, and gives Haskins 3-4 games of starting experience without the constant danger of getting beheaded? 

Trent will still have 1 year under contract making him tradable and the Skins go into the off season with a little optimism. There is still the potential for teams to hit March 2020 with their LT position in flux (there are a limited number of FA and draftable plug-and-play tackles) who may be willing to break the bank for Trent. A year ago would you have anticipated someone would give up 2 1s and a 2 for Tunsil?

No it is not likely...and based on recent (27 years) of history, probably the worst case scenario will occur, but for now, all is not lost...

Edited by LastMortal2
Just now, bakedtater1 said:

So trent is back?...just when Penn got warmed up too!!..so this mean trent will play his ass off to get traded and to get paid next year?

This is ones of the gloomiest skies over the Redskins and you found a ray of sunlight. I applaud you.

• Haha 1

Can't wait to see him miss time with soft tissue injuries as he slowly makes his way back into 'football shape' so he's ready for the playoff run. 

The next Bruce Allen presser, if there is another this offseason, should be a beauty. How does our 'damn good culture' map over to players circumventing the rules just so they don't have to suit up on gameday? 

2 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Theres nothing they can do bruce is a clown

A tweet was put out earlier in the week that Trent would return and act as if he is not healthy.

If he tries to go that route there is definitely something they can do.

4 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Of course he would report back now. He won the chess match. Now he’ll just fake another injury until the offseason 

not if some of the tweets we've seen today are accurate. 

• TK changed the title to !!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up
  • TK locked this topic