Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

Where did you find that stat?  I know its some stat that's bad as for the O line because i recall stumbling on it on twitter.   

 

I just looked at Football Outsiders who have the Vikings O line on pass protection ranked 25th.   PFF has their pass blocking ranked 31st and they are one of only three teams with a score in the 40s on that front.   

 

I think the Vikings could use Trent.  And I see we agree on that.  Will see. 

Yeah that seems insane after the Chicago game last week.  Every time they moved to that game on Redzone, it seemed as if the Bears were in the backfield in a second flat on every dropback.  I would think they could really, really use Trent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

Where did you find that stat?  I know its some stat that's bad as for the O line because i recall stumbling on it on twitter.   

  

I just looked at Football Outsiders who have the Vikings O line on pass protection ranked 25th.   PFF has their pass blocking ranked 31st and they are one of only three teams with a score in the 40s on that front.   

 

I think the Vikings could use Trent.  And I see we agree on that.  Will see. 

 

I posted the link below my message.  It's here: https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing/2019/all#average-time-to-throw

 

Not sure why there's such a large disparity between them, FO and PFF.  Usually mobile QB's give themselves more time to throw so they make their OL's look better than they really are when it comes to that stat but I don't think many would call Kirk mobile, so I'm not sure why he apparently has so much time to throw but his OL is graded so poorly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

 

I posted the link below my message.  It's here: https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing/2019/all#average-time-to-throw

 

Not sure why there's such a large disparity between them, FO and PFF.  Usually mobile QB's give themselves more time to throw so they make their OL's look better than they really are when it comes to that stat but I don't think many would call Kirk mobile, so I'm not sure why he apparently has so much time to throw but his OL is graded so poorly.

 

I gather they factor more things than just time.  it's not a wild leap to talk about the Vikings O line struggling.    Though I don't mean to go on a tangent about the Vikings O line.  Just saying they can use Trent.  And I wouldn't hate a trade for Diggs. 😀

 

Wow I was just checking their O line's individual scores, Bradbury their first round pick has an atrocious score.   And their best O lineman would be Brian O'Neil their RT. At least according to PFF.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

I gather they factor more things than just time.  it's not a wild leap to talk about the Vikings O line struggling.    Though I don't mean to go on a tangent about the Vikings O line.  Just saying they can use Trent.  And I wouldn't hate a trade for Diggs. 😀

 

Wow I was just checking their O line's individual scores, Bradbury their first round pick has an atrocious score.   And their best O lineman would be Brian O'Neil their RT. At least according to PFF.

Well what we would get out if Diggs would be better than what we are getting from Trent!

 

I am surprised their line seems so poor. Elflien, Bradbury and Reif plus TE's of Rudolph and Irv Smith Jr and they should be solid. they definitely tried addressing protection in the draft with Bradbury, Smith and Samia (who I liked and could see starting)

Link to post
Share on other sites

One for one that likely has Bruce intrigued.

 

The Athletic's Jay Glazer "wouldn't be surprised" if the Giants shop Eli Manning ahead of the trade deadline.

The Giants are moving forward with Daniel Jones as their starter and could try to get some value for Manning. Manning has a no-trade clause in his contract, so it would likely take a quarterback on a winning team going down for him to waive it. There hasn't been any interest to this point, but Manning is a name that could heat up as the trade deadline approaches later this month.

SOURCE: The Athletic
Oct 5, 2019, 10:36 AM ET
  •  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, volsmet said:

One for one that likely has Bruce intrigued.

 

The Athletic's Jay Glazer "wouldn't be surprised" if the Giants shop Eli Manning ahead of the trade deadline.

The Giants are moving forward with Daniel Jones as their starter and could try to get some value for Manning. Manning has a no-trade clause in his contract, so it would likely take a quarterback on a winning team going down for him to waive it. There hasn't been any interest to this point, but Manning is a name that could heat up as the trade deadline approaches later this month.

SOURCE: The Athletic
Oct 5, 2019, 10:36 AM ET
  • Quick somebody wake up Elway

 

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Remember when Trent holding out was the biggest **** show this season?  

 

Eff this organization.  Can't take this bull****. 

Remember Burr's great bit about letting go of his Catholic upbringing, building an analogy of the process w/Olympic Curling? That's what all of us should be doing w/the Redskins. It's finally working for me, other than the draft, and making sure we lose every week, I largely don't give a ---- anymore and from the looks of attendance at games, neither do most other Redskins fans. They've accomplished the seeming impossible when you compare to attendance rates, and waitlisting for season tickets thirty years ago. They've killed something that was once sacred. 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2019 at 5:32 PM, HardcoreZorn said:

I think he slept with everybody’s wife on here.

I wish Bruce Allen would sleep with my wife. That’s not a statement I would throw around lightly either. He deserves the worst.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2019 at 4:32 PM, HardcoreZorn said:


I think he slept with everybody’s wife on here. This forum should be called ExtremeBruce. 

 

So that's what he meant by " Winning off the field"

 

So what in your opinion did he mean by "Full Mode"?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Washington has refused to trade holdout star left tackle Trent Williams to this point, baffling rival GMs who used adjectives like "ridiculous," "unbelievable" and "backwards" to describe the team's approach to that situation. Still, some believe owner Dan Snyder will relent at some point this month with his franchise spiraling. Could that prompt him to deal stalwart end Ryan Kerrigan as well? If so, there would be serious interest. Same with Bengals defensive standouts Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/patriots-chiefs-ravens-saints-eagles-seahawks-among-teams-already-laying-groundwork-for-frenzied-trade-deadline/

 

 

 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Washington has refused to trade holdout star left tackle Trent Williams to this point, baffling rival GMs who used adjectives like "ridiculous," "unbelievable" and "backwards" to describe the team's approach to that situation. Still, some believe owner Dan Snyder will relent at some point this month with his franchise spiraling. Could that prompt him to deal stalwart end Ryan Kerrigan as well? If so, there would be serious interest. Same with Bengals defensive standouts Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/patriots-chiefs-ravens-saints-eagles-seahawks-among-teams-already-laying-groundwork-for-frenzied-trade-deadline/

 

 

 

 

You just know it’s Snyder that doesn’t want to trade Trent even though it’s the logical thing to do.  Same reason he didn’t want to trade Cousins. He lets his EGO get in the way. Beyond frustrating. 

 

It makes one think that you can get rid of Allen, Doug, etc, but we still won’t win w/ Snyder here. 

 

Might be be the worst owner in sports. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

 

You just know it’s Snyder that doesn’t want to trade Trent even though it’s the logical thing to do.  Same reason he didn’t want to trade Cousins. He lets his EGO get in the way. Beyond frustrating. 

 

It makes one think that you can get rid of Allen, Doug, etc, but we still won’t win w/ Snyder here. 

 

Might be be the worst owner in sports. 

No we don't know. The right trade numbers have not materialized for a trade now scenario. Why leave time on the clock when the demand will only grow. You *may* be able to claim that after the trade deadline..but there is NO evidence ANY offers contained a 1st rounder (Maybe NE but I haven't seen that either)

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

..but there is NO evidence ANY offers contained a 1st rounder (Maybe NE but I haven't seen that either)

 

There was plenty of evidence that the Texans were after TW before they settled with inferior Tunsil for 2 firsts. Tunsil hasn't even made it to a Pro Bowl.

 

Maybe they didn't offer that for TW but I bet it wasn't far off. Tunsil Isn't that good but Williams is proven to be a top 2 or 3 LT.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

No we don't know. The right trade numbers have not materialized for a trade now scenario. Why leave time on the clock when the demand will only grow. You *may* be able to claim that after the trade deadline..but there is NO evidence ANY offers contained a 1st rounder (Maybe NE but I haven't seen that either)

 

Reports are that Skins have been unwilling to even engage in trade talks. Not sure how accurate, but this situation reminds me of when Cousins asked for a trade, but Snyder refused. 

 

After we were penalized with the salary cap hit, reports are that Bruce Allen stood up at a NFL Owners meeting and loudly admonished all the other owners for what they’d done. IMO he did this because 1) he believed it, but 2) he knew it would engender tremendous loyalty from Snyder, which has proven to be true. 

 

Allen calls a lot of the shots, but on big decisions (Cousins 2016 extension, Cousins trade, TW trade) he knows to defer to Dan. That’s how he keeps his job.

 

Snyder called Laveranues Coules personally and admonished him when he requested a trade. He hates disloyalty and takes it personally.  This TW situation seems utterly in character for the Danno. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

 

There was plenty of evidence that the Texans were after TW before they settled with inferior Tunsil for 2 firsts. Tunsil hasn't even made it to a Pro Bowl.

 

Maybe they didn't offer that for TW but I bet it wasn't far off. Tunsil Isn't that good but Williams is proven to be a top 2 or 3 LT.

Put it up here then.....exactly. Show us the Texan's offer to Bruce for Trent. It doesn't exist..all conjecture

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

No we don't know. The right trade numbers have not materialized for a trade now scenario. Why leave time on the clock when the demand will only grow. You *may* be able to claim that after the trade deadline..but there is NO evidence ANY offers contained a 1st rounder (Maybe NE but I haven't seen that either)

One cannot make an offer to someone that won’t accept one.  

3 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Put it up here then.....exactly. Show us the Texan's offer to Bruce for Trent. It doesn't exist..all conjecture

 

Show me the trade offer sheets of any deal ever.  I’ll wait.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • TK changed the title to !!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up
  • TK locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...