Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

2 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Yeah, they'll wait till the last minute and get a 3rd rounder. Sounds about right.

But they showed him...

Better yet they will refuse to trade him and get comp pick in 2022 after he plays 6 games this year and 6 games next year. Dan and Bruce got a plan.

18 hours ago, illone said:

I am still confused about the strategy the skins used with Cousins and the tag.  Not to bring up old ****, but wtf were we trying to accomplish there?

Bruce (like some of us) was fooled into thinking Kurt was willing to stay. Now, TW has straight told us he wants out but the man has no clue. Either a moron or cutting his nose to spite his face....neither helps winning.

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If only they could get a LT who is talented, young and dirt cheap in this draft?   But the future is now.  😀

Wow a 5,320lbs tackle. He'd crush any defensive line. We gotta get this guy. Enjoy line breaks that make an article funny.

Edited by nonniey
14 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

Yeah, they'll wait till the last minute and get a 3rd rounder. Sounds about right.

But they showed him...

Wait until they draft a LT next year and then trade TW.

Not too unlike Murray and Rosen.  Wait until teams know we don't want to keep him and then solidify a lower return. 

As a bonus we can continue to talk about this for the next ~7 months.  Woot.

• Sad 1
3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

What are we up to I’m salary cap carry over for next year? This is the only positive at the moment lol

Help off set Alex Smith’s deal 😕

Edited by wit33
38 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I see Diggs is falling out with the Vikings. My long standing hope of him coming here in a trade involving Trent still Zimmers, I mean simmers, away.....

I’d be up for this - just throw the ball 95% of the time and see what happens.  Heck, Haskins could get 2 years worth of passing attempts by season’s end....

• Like 1
6 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I see Diggs is falling out with the Vikings. My long standing hope of him coming here in a trade involving Trent still Zimmers, I mean simmers, away.....

Is Diggs a GM?

• Confused 1

Good article I think from Keim about mainly the disjointed off season approach.  To me not trading Trent fits the motif well. 

https://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/39092/redskins-january-decision-to-maintain-status-quo-looks-bad-in-hindsight

ASHBURN, Va. -- The Washington Redskins faced a choice last offseason. They needed a quarterback to build around. They also had coach Jay Gruden entering what most assuredly would be a playoff-or-bust season. They could have started over -- firing the coaching staff, unloading high salaries, accruing more picks and drafting a quarterback.

They instead chose to keep Gruden and draft quarterback Dwayne Haskins in the first round. Now they will need to start over in a few months -- a situation that isn't good for Gruden, Haskins or the franchise.

16 hours ago, wit33 said:

What are we up to I’m salary cap carry over for next year? This is the only positive at the moment lol

Help off set Alex Smith’s deal 😕

I think if they shed salary next year see Norman, etc their cap would be good.   But I am too lazy to look.  My only positive is the season going south might compel Bruce to trade Trent?  If part of the narrative is its a playoff or else season so we need Trent -- that's out the window now.  Having said that, I don't know if that's the driving force with them or just winning a standoff with Trent to make a point?

Edited by Skinsinparadise
10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Having said that, I don't know if that's the driving force with them or just winning a standoff with Trent to make a point?

We're not going to the playoffs.  In fact, I'd be shocked to see us end up better than 1-15.

It would be so Redskins to not trade Trent simply out of spite.  We'd get nothing in return and continue the eternal suckage.

At this point, I'd take a high 2nd for him.  The cap savings would help to offset Smiths millstone salary and the pick would translate into Sweat.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think if they shed salary next year see Norman, etc their cap would be good.   But I am too lazy to look.  My only positive is the season going south might compel Bruce to trade Trent?  If part of the narrative is its a playoff or else season so we need Trent -- that's out the window now.  Having said that, I don't know if that's the driving force with them or just winning a standoff with Trent to make a point?

I've been feeling the same way. It sucks that our season is the way it is, but now that it is, I want our record to be so bad that it shatters whatever delusions they have about this roster and makes them clean house. Both at the trade deadline and at the end of the year when it comes to coaching and the FO.

1 hour ago, sempre_victrix said:

We're not going to the playoffs.  In fact, I'd be shocked to see us end up better than 1-15.

It would be so Redskins to not trade Trent simply out of spite.  We'd get nothing in return and continue the eternal suckage.

At this point, I'd take a high 2nd for him.  The cap savings would help to offset Smiths millstone salary and the pick would translate into Sweat.

Theres no way we get to draft that high. No way. We'll definitely Redskin that up.

Totally agree we'll completely screw up not trading one of the best LT in the league and get squat.

• Sad 1

I’d much prefer draft capital for Trent vs. Diggs.  Diggs went over 100 last week and still appears unhappy.  The opinions on his unhappiness vary from Kirk not throwing him the ball more, Zimmer wanting a run heavy offense, and having to share targets with Thielen.  All of that ties back to wanting a QB to get him the ball, and we don’t currently have a QB that can get him the ball.  I think the myth that Case is capable of doing so has been debunked as well.  So I’m just not sure what Stefon Diggs does to help this team right now.

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’d much prefer draft capital for Trent vs. Diggs.  Diggs went over 100 last week and still appears unhappy.  The opinions on his unhappiness vary from Kirk not throwing him the ball more, Zimmer wanting a run heavy offense, and having to share targets with Thielen.  All of that ties back to wanting a QB to get him the ball, and we don’t currently have a QB that can get him the ball.  I think the myth that Case is capable of doing so has been debunked as well.  So I’m just not sure what Stefon Diggs does to help this team right now.

I'm looking at young talent going in to next year to hopefully build with our #1 overall pick... McLaurin, Haskins, Diggs, our young Dline, etc...

Most likely won't happen, and I'm not mad if it doesn't... but I know he's mentioned before coming back 'home'

4 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

I'm looking at young talent going in to next year to hopefully build with our #1 overall pick... McLaurin, Haskins, Diggs, our young Dline, etc...

Most likely won't happen, and I'm not mad if it doesn't... but I know he's mentioned before coming back 'home'

I don't dislike Diggs talent, I just don't see how we could offer him what it would appear he wants, which would just be another log on the dysfunction fire in Ashburn.

• Like 1
Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don't dislike Diggs talent, I just don't see how we could offer him what it would appear he wants, which would just be another log on the dysfunction fire in Ashburn.

i see your take completely, but I'm all for getting the young talent we need moving forward and most importantly, something good in return for TW whether its a top level player or picks. My hope is our organization will look different next year (fingers crossed) and we will have a young, talented team to build around.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Keep a few things in mind:

1. The trade deadline is October 29th.

2. Trent has to come back week 10 or he still will be under Redskins control for 2 more years. 

3. They can still trade Trent after the season. 

This is such a debacle.

Agreed. The main problem with waiting is the talent in the draft at the position if it gets that far down the road.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So I’m just not sure what Stefon Diggs does to help this team right now.

Remember that 50/50 ball that Haskins threw to P.Rich? Think 30 yard completion vs an INT. If we could trade Trent for Diggs and a 2nd?? Yes Please

• Like 3
  • TK changed the title to !!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up
  • TK locked this topic