Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

4 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

It’s not so much that the Texans preferred Tunsil to Trent, it’s that the Dolphins are actively tanking.

They did it mainly because they can get draft capital now, and their LT position will be devalued when Tua arrives next year, meaning they need to spend money on a RT and save at LT.

1 hour ago, FrFan said:

32 bold NFL predictions: Records for Lamar Jackson, Aaron Donald and more

wsh.png&h=110&w=110

Washington Redskins

The Redskins will trade LT Trent Williams for a draft pick or player.

Coach Jay Gruden said he "seriously doubts" they will, but the signs still point to Williams not returning. At some point, the Redskins will decide to move on. There are players rumored to be available, and while Jadeveon Clowney and Laremy Tunsil have been dealt, Tyreek Hill could be an option. The dynamic Chiefs receiver would require more than just Williams in a trade, but would add plenty of juice. Still, Washington might have to be content with a high draft pick in return. -- John Keim

Hmmm, Trent Williams isn't good enough for Tyreek? Okay, let's sweeten that deal. Trent Williams and...... Oh looky here, REVERSE UNO CARD, ****ES. I TRADE YOU ALEX SMITH.

• Like 2
  • Haha 10
5 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

So this means that because he didn't show up for practice today, he is ineligible to play week one.

Even if he shows up tomorrow, right?

I don’t know officially.  But Wednesday practice is the game plan install day.  

I think he could be activated from the “reserved-did not report” list at any time and he could play if he reported and passed his physical.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I have no interest in talking about "him". At this point he's not a part of the Redskins team so i'm not gonna treat him as such. Ship his ass out,

I feel the same.

Lets talk about the guys that are in the building.

50 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

So this means that because he didn't show up for practice today, he is ineligible to play week one.

Even if he shows up tomorrow, right?

No way he's in game shape regardless of how well he knows the scheme.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If they dont trade him in the next few weeks, I can see his play being to come back with 6 weeks left in the season.  That way, he acrues a season, gets 6 game checks, and likely will only play in 3-4 of those as he would be out of practice.  Then hes only got one season left and has the leverage to tell them if they dont trade him, he will do it again.  Its his surest path to freedom if they dont budge.

• Like 1

Listening to Sheehan's podcast about Hall's comments regarding Trent, he gets sooooo damn much wrong that it's frustrating to hear him chime in.

19 hours ago, Tedskins 21 said:

Excited for his inevitable return! Silverback!

Bruce reads mine.

Post that Kyle Smith needs to be promoted...do so often.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 4
18 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

If they dont trade him in the next few weeks, I can see his play being to come back with 6 weeks left in the season.  That way, he acrues a season, gets 6 game checks, and likely will only play in 3-4 of those as he would be out of practice.  Then hes only got one season left and has the leverage to tell them if they dont trade him, he will do it again.  Its his surest path to freedom if they dont budge.

I see your point but giving up 20 game checks (this season and next) is a TON of money even for someone as well off as Trent.  Also his value will drop IMO and a future contract offered by a future team would be less because of it.  He will be two years older, known as a hold out (if that matters) and not a player any team can count on for a full season since it will have been so long since he had done it.  So freedom yes but at great potential financial sacrifice to Trent.  Even though he may be wanting more money his contract is still one of the top in the league...  His salary is top 5 in the league if Im not mistaken.

Trent's best financial option is to play for the Skins or another team under this contract if traded.  He might get lucky and end up with a new deal in a trade but its apparent the Skins won't be paying him more to play.  

Edited by Idaho fan
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Chachie said:

No way he's in game shape regardless of how well he knows the scheme.

I don't know about that - Trent and AP own a gym and it's no ordinary gym, as apparently that's what kept AP in football shape during his long layoff when noone wanted him.

Remember how he signed in mid-preseason last year, and he was suddenly in mid-season form ?

The place sounds very capable of getting guys in football shape.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, FrFan said:

32 bold NFL predictions: Records for Lamar Jackson, Aaron Donald and more

wsh.png&h=110&w=110

Washington Redskins

The Redskins will trade LT Trent Williams for a draft pick or player.

Coach Jay Gruden said he "seriously doubts" they will, but the signs still point to Williams not returning. At some point, the Redskins will decide to move on. There are players rumored to be available, and while Jadeveon Clowney and Laremy Tunsil have been dealt, Tyreek Hill could be an option. The dynamic Chiefs receiver would require more than just Williams in a trade, but would add plenty of juice. Still, Washington might have to be content with a high draft pick in return. -- John Keim

Wow Keim is really putting his neck out there on this claim

1 hour ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Wow Keim is really putting his neck out there on this claim

Not really, it's just a mixture of a couple different rumors that have been out there already. Keim is fine but he does not ever put his neck out there on takes, so to speak, and he rarely if ever breaks news or peddles new rumors.

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • TK changed the title to !!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up
  • TK locked this topic