Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

8 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I'd also think, he shouldn't count against 53 until he's at least medically cleared to play.

Looks like his good buddy AP will be the one who's released. Read the news of the day, now Jay wants to cut AP because AP isn't keen on being a backup to Guice. As the World Turns. This season has the look of being a complete disaster.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

I love how nobody thinks the Texans specifically wanted Tunsil and Stills

I think that’s perfectly reasonable.  But the more important point is that taking/negotiating trade offers on young, 1st round, blue-chip LTs really only happens when a team is actively trying to get worse.  It’s not so much that the Texans preferred Tunsil to Trent, it’s that the Dolphins are actively tanking.

And the Redskins most certainly are not.

Just now, kingdaddy said:

Looks like his good buddy AP will be the one who's released. Read the news of the day, now Jay wants to cut AP because AP isn't keen on being a backup to Guice. As the World Turns. This season has the look of being a complete disaster.

Another poor guy swallows the hook on ‘beltway sources”.  You’d think folks would learn after the first dozen or so times.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

Yeah and we could have thrown in Doctson.  LOL

Trent and AP to the Texans was the perfect deal. 

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

Another poor guy swallows the hook on ‘beltway sources”.  You’d think folks would learn after the first dozen or so times.

We'll see....hope you're right.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Don't believe the Junkies. They never get **** right. 

Think about it. AP re-signed a 1 year deal knowing Guice was here & coming back to be the starter.

• Like 9
5 minutes ago, TK said:

Think about it. AP re-signed a 1 year deal knowing Guice was here & coming back to be the starter.

True but doesn't mean he has to like it.  Remember how he was always in Sean Payton's ear about lack of carries?   I know he's getting close on many legendary stats and thinks he takes care of himself enough to last some more time, so he probably doesn't want to be a part time player.   I'd give him the ball until he breaks Emmitt's record.  LOL

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, TK said:

OK, I'll take your word for it. We don't need anymore drama for sure.

31 minutes ago, RFK Lives said:

We just started getting them in RVA a few months ago...can't say I am impressed.  I like the Fridays with Feinstein but that is about it.  All the talk about poker and their personal lives gets old fast.

They are the biggest bunch of gamblers this side of the Mississippi if you listen to them every morning.  It gets old listening to them talk about the lines in Vegas, yadda, yadda.  Boring!  And it takes them like 10 minutes to get into a topic about the Redskins because there's all the banter back and forth.  I only listen to them because their guests are really knowledgeable.  I don't think they are, personally.  

I really miss Cooley's morning show with Sheehan. :(

• Like 3

For 8 million over two years I would think he bides his time and bank's it.  If he can pull off 1k yards over two years he will be in top 5 of all time. I think he takes what he can get. if Guice turns out to be the end all be all and another team needs a back before the trade deadline.......well lets just say it would be nice to be holding that card.

• Like 1

Speculation is Trent will report for week two. Does anyone know the angle for Trent to do so? Is he forfeiting his week 1 check or if reports sometime before the game takes place he’s eligible to receive his week 1 salary? 

32 bold NFL predictions: Records for Lamar Jackson, Aaron Donald and more

wsh.png&h=110&w=110

Washington Redskins

The Redskins will trade LT Trent Williams for a draft pick or player.

Coach Jay Gruden said he "seriously doubts" they will, but the signs still point to Williams not returning. At some point, the Redskins will decide to move on. There are players rumored to be available, and while Jadeveon Clowney and Laremy Tunsil have been dealt, Tyreek Hill could be an option. The dynamic Chiefs receiver would require more than just Williams in a trade, but would add plenty of juice. Still, Washington might have to be content with a high draft pick in return. -- John Keim

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Speculation is Trent will report for week two. Does anyone know the angle for Trent to do so? Is he forfeiting his week 1 check or if reports sometime before the game takes place he’s eligible to receive his week 1 salary? 

this speculation has zero basis.. DHall doesnt know ****.. he was spouting off just a couple of weeks ago that Williams will sit out all season. Just another doofus blowing his own horn 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

If Trent is willing to come back for Week 2, I am not sure why he wouldn't come back for Week 1, unless he changed his mind too late into the process in order to be ready for Week 1?

That's what I read in to the comments.  And to those saying they don't believe DHall, SIP has gotten the same intel, so I am apt to believe multiple sources reporting the same thing

• TK changed the title to !!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up
  • TK locked this topic