Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

5 hours ago, Poindexter said:

3 am here in Va....I woke up randomly hoping that I was dreaming we were in the Texans shoes.  Unfortunately we are not.

I don't know why we are just sitting on our hands with this Trent Williams situation.  Very, very deep draft for WR's next year, we don't have a second round pick, and Trent doesn't want to play for us and probably won't.  If he does, he will likely get hurt.  We were in prime position to cash in and so far those opportunities have disappeared like a fart in the wind.  I just feel crushed right now 

Image result for funny obstacle gif

I just don't get it either, besides the fact it appears Trent is not playing for us under any circumstance he is not getting any younger either. We are not competing for a Championship or even the division IMO. Why wouldn't a team get value for a Star player who very well may be on the cusp of a decline.

Ill probably take heat for saying this but even if Trent wanted to play for us a 1st round pick might make more sense for this football team. The O line wasn't a complete train wreck going against the 1's on defense in the preseason so lets just roll the dice with what we have and build for the future.

At this point how much of Snyder and Allen's EGO is going once again lead us down the road of laughing stock of the league where we possibly end up with nothing. No 1st round pick, no left tackle nothing. Its all so tiresome with this franchise.

I’d like to add that Miami traded Tunsil because they are tanking or “in the process”.  They’ve made it known that they are cleaning house and they’re taking bids on any and all assets.

That is a much different situation from where the Redskins claim to be.

Now, one could argue that we should be tanking, a la Miami...but we are not.  And we aren’t holding an auction on our franchise players just because those players are having a temper tantrum.

I would have inked the deal for Half of what the Texans offered to the Dolphins...

Maybe even a three team deal where we get Tunsil and a tad more would have done it for me.

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I’d like to add that Miami traded Tunsil because they are tanking or “in the process”.  They’ve made it known that they are cleaning house and they’re taking bids on any and all assets.

Now, one could argue that we should be tanking, a la Miami...but we are not.  And we aren’t holding an auction on our franchise players just because those players are having a temper tantrum.

With our OL, early schedule and general situation as a whole, even if we're not claiming it, we may very well fire our HC by week 5 and starts tanking right after that...

That Dolphins FO is a convoluted mess. They can tank all the want, but Dolphins fans shouldn't expect the current FO to be able to do anything with the draft resources they ultimately acquire. I wouldn't trust that FO for a single, solitary second with the task of building a team. Maybe there will be more reason for hope under Flores when the team moves on from Grier and associates. I really hope that Caldwell is able to return to the team in the traditional sense and not simply as a consultant. His health is more important than anything, of course, but he's also one hell of a good coach. He knows how to develop QBs and he knows how to manage a team. Flores will learn a lot from him.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the implications of losing Tunsil. What was that team going to do this year anyway? And Tunsil isn't some elite LT. Being the best lineman on a terrible OL doesn't make you elite.

11 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Question 1 : Where exactly are the Redskins claiming to be ? I need a good laugh this morning

Question 2: Do player temper tantrums really ever swing in the favor of the owner, team or fans ? Seems to me its the players who always end up on the winning end.

37 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I've never understood the whole arguing on the internet thing.

I dont even like to have conversations with people unless it's in person..facial expressions and tone of voice go along way.

I dont believe arguing and debating are the same thing, nor is trying to have a discussion on different viewpoints.  I've said before I dont believe every topic is meant to be won, but this is a platform that leaves it up to us to figure that out.

3 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Question 1 : Where exactly are the Redskins claiming to be ? I need a good laugh this morning

Question 2: Do player temper tantrums really ever swing in the favor of the owner, team or fans ? Seems to me its the players who always end up on the winning end.

1.  A .500ish team that feels like they can make a run at the playoffs if they aren’t ravaged by injury. And that’s a reasonable position given their record over the past 4 years.

2. Really?  You think Terrell Owens’ or Antonio Brown’s antics really set back their teams over the long term?  Cause I don’t.

Now, here’s a question for ya.  If we wake up tomorrow to find out that Bruce has suddenly shipped out Scherff and Jon Allen for a handful of picks in the (very likely) back half of the 1st & 2nd rounds, would that make you happy?  Would that be good asset management?

Cause I’d be pissed.

11 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

1.  A .500ish team that feels like they can make a run at the playoffs if they aren’t ravaged by injury. And that’s a reasonable position given their record over the past 4 years.

2. Really?  You think Terrell Owens’ or Antonio Brown’s antics really set back their teams over the long term?  Cause I don’t.

Now, here’s a question for ya.  If we wake up tomorrow to find out that Bruce has suddenly shipped out Scherff and Jon Allen for a handful of picks in the (very likely) back half of the 1st & 2nd rounds, would that make you happy?  Would that be good asset management?

Cause I’d be pissed.

1 . IMO We have a 11 win defense defense and a 4 win offense so by my Armchair QB 😆 math thats a 7-9 season. 8-8 won't win the division so a playoff run is crazy talk, cmon man.

Jonathen Allen is 24 and Scherff is 27 . Trent Williams is 31 and hasn't started a full season since 2013. Im not seeing your point.

Listen i love Trent he is our best player on offense, Go back in this thread and you'll see me arguing a few months ago the Redskins need to get this man signed at all costs and acknowledge his anger. But thats not happening. Its more then a "Temper Tantrum" at this point. Dude's not coming back, who can really blame him. Its time to **** or get off the pot, Either deal him for a draft pick or let a aging offensive lineman get a little older, fatter and slower while you (not you , dan and bruce) get nothing but a boosted EGO. 

Hoffman just on,  he's sticking to the Redskins don't want to trade Trent and they feel he brings more value to them now then a trade so they are sticking with that for the moment.  

Others think Trent will be traded.  So I guess we got a mixed message on that front if you add all the local beat guys takes together. 

I'll give Hoffman kudos if he's right since he's the only beat guy that i can tell who hasn't vacillated on this.  

1 minute ago, TheShredSkinz said:

But they aren't over 30 ,stayed hurt over the last 5 years, 1 toke away from suspension, could get you two 1st and a 2nd, and made it known that they don't wanna be here anymore.

I don’t think Williams has the value of Tunsil, due to the many factors you listed.  And let’s not pretend that sitting at home sulking raises a guy’s trade value...cause we all know that it doesn’t.

Scherff/Allen is, for me, a closer comparison to the Tunsil deal.  Young, ascendant bigs that have shown a high ceiling and some durability.

I do agree with the point that the Dolphins are tanking.  I follow the Dolphins closely just by osmosis being in South Florida and know plenty of people including my parents who are Dolphin fans.

The Dolphins have basically been on the same track as us for the last 5 years.  They've mostly been mediocre.  Our records are almost identical.

They've decided that mediocrity is no mans land and are going with the Browns play book of taking a step back, loading up with picks with the theory of taking 3 steps forward in the long term.

We seem at the moment are living with the idea that hey since we are in the 7-9 range so maybe we are close.   So let's keep riding that wave.  They take the same point in the opposite direction.  

I personally agree with the Dolphins philosophy, not the way we are doing it.  And part of that is because I do like some of our young nucleus. It's not because I hate Bruce or Dan 😀 but because I've seen a 20 year sample of a we are close philosophy which hasn't amounted to a single season that beats 10 wins.   Like I've said think of all the trades we've made over that time.  We are the team that gives up high picks for veterans.  We don't acquire them.  And what has that translated to?  I like our every 4-5 year run to the playoffs and getting knocked out in round 1 typically as much as anyone else but at some point shouldn't our goals be loftier? 

I do think though the Dolphins trading a young prospect goes against that approach so I do suspect (as some articles purport) that the Dolphins might think Tunsil's reputation is a bit inflated (they would know since they have him in house) so if they can get a big haul for him, why not? 

27 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Hoffman just on,  he's sticking to the Redskins don't want to trade Trent and they feel he brings more value to them now then a trade so they are sticking with that for the moment.  

Others think Trent will be traded.  So I guess we got a mixed message on that front if you add all the local beat guys takes together. 

I'll give Hoffman kudos if he's right since he's the only beat guy that i can tell who hasn't vacillated on this.  

I said before, if Bruce thinks he has to win this season, there’s no insensitive to trade Trent for picks. 

Even 2 first rounders doesn’t help you this year.  

So unless they trade him for an offensive player who can help this year, I think Bruce would be happy to let him sit and not get paid.  And IF Bruce is back next year off of a good season, they can trade him them.  If he’s not back, then why would he help the next GM with more picks.

It just makes sense knowing the situation and players involved.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I said before, if Bruce thinks he has to win this season, there’s no insensitive to trade Trent for picks. 

Even 2 first rounders don’t help you this year.  

So unless they trade him for an offensive player who can help this year, I think Bruce would be happy to let him sit and not get paid.  And IF Bruce is back next year off of a good season, they can trade him them.  If he’s not back, then why would he help the next GM with more picks.

I agree.  I am aware of the win now verdict.  I've made similar statements.  And if so I put that on Dan not Bruce or Jay.  if my job was on the line in 2019 I wouldn't give a rats behind about drafts pick in 2020.   It would be insane for me to want to get weaker in 2019 to become stronger in 2020. 

1 minute ago, TheShredSkinz said:

4/5 aint bad.

You dont trust Shefter and co.??

Still, a single 1st, two seconds or a second and a third could have more value than what we're getting for Trent sitting at home or here on IR.

Just because Trent wants to be traded, doesn’t mean he’s going to get traded.  He’s under contact and he’s gonna have to live with that.

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Even 2 first rounders don’t help you this year.  

Nailed it.

1 minute ago, Ghedrick said:

Me personally I would trade anybody on this current roster for 2 1st and a 2nd.Miami won big time.If a team calls with the same for Allen or Sherff I would send them off in a heartbeat. I dont care how lat these picks are projected to be in the rounds.

Back in 1975, the Redskins traded 2 1sts and a 2nd to the Cardinals for a rugged 26YO DT named Dave Butz.  I’ll let you sift through Pro Football Reference to figure out how that worked out for the Cardinals.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I agree.  I am aware of the win now verdict.  I've made similar statements.  And if so I put that on Dan not Bruce or Jay.  if my job was on the line in 2019 I wouldn't give a rats behind about drafts pick in 2020.   It would be insane for me to want to get weaker in 2019 to become stronger in 2020. 

I am not sure I disagree with Dan here.  It’s been 9 years of Bruce and 5 years of Jay and Bruce and absolutely “meh” results.  So finally saying “ok go win now” doesn’t seem out of line.

Bruce player his cards all wrong. When Alex got hurt he should have hit reboot immediately and ensured he had 2-3 more years to develop a new QB.  Fired Jay after the season, traded a couple older players, drafted a QB, and said we need a few years to develop the offense around a new coach QB.  

This whole “close” thing is going to backfire on him. Which I guess I’m fine with because I want him gone.  But it does effect his judgement for this year. 

24 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I agree.  I am aware of the win now verdict. 

I agree. I am aware of the win now delirium.

I fixed it for you SIP.

I am afraid after another ho hum season Bruce will convince Dan the issue was Jay and a that they are just a new coaching scheme away from winning. Especially now that they have a young up and coming QB 

7 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Back in 1975, the Redskins traded 2 1sts and a 2nd to the Cardinals for a rugged 26YO DT named Dave Butz.  I’ll let you sift through Pro Football Reference to figure out how that worked out for the Cardinals.

I really don't care what happened in 1975.I stand by my comment I would trade anyone on this roster for the draft capitial the Dolphins received.We got a rising talent evaluator in Kyle Smith and the more high draft picks we give him the better off we will be.

Archived