Owls0325

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Recommended Posts

Call me crazy, but I've always believed there was much more to this story than anything Sheehan or really anyone else 'reporting' on this can shed light onto.  Still do.  I have a hard time believing that not showing up to camp all boils down to the Skins docs telling him to get a 2nd opinion, he doesn't and is now pissed at them for what?  Just doesn't make any sense.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
2
2 minutes ago, Unbias said:

 

 in fairness he's probably been going to these guys for the past 9 years for anything. From an ingrown toe nail to a tumor Trent has probably put a lot of trust in these guys. 

 

#1. That's ridiculous. He's a multi-millionaire. He should be getting checked by the best he can find a few times a year. His body is his paycheck. Go read what James Harrison did to keep himself right for all those years. Own you health.

 

#2. Trent was the no-show mini-camp guy for years. That's when you're also getting med checks. If he was only relying on Redskins docs. Then he's an idiot. Did he go to them so for a toothache also?

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Unbias said:

 

Well, it sounds like they diagnosed it as a cyst, not a tumor. So, there was a misdiagnosis on there end. They did recommend a second opinion, but then said it's not serious, so sort of back tracked. 

 

I agree team doctors are not the same as a real doctor and Trent has some responsibility for not getting a second opinion, but in fairness he's probably been going to these guys for the past 9 years for anything. From an ingrown toe nail to a tumor Trent has probably put a lot of trust in these guys. 

There's a really huge disconnect here. If the team doctors said he should get a 2nd opinion...... That was their recommendation: Get a second opinion. They already said that they don't know for certain, what more are they supposed to do? Go back to college for a weeks, study tumors, and then come back and give him a new diagnosis?

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, wit33 said:

 

The narrative will shift to it being all Bruce’s fault. At some point, it will be proven Bruce misdiagnosed Williams. 

Whatever it takes to send him packing.  Although, Bruce could have super powers and placed the bump on Trents head himself and I still think he survives it.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Call me crazy, but I've always believed there was much more to this story than anything Sheehan or really anyone else 'reporting' on this can shed light onto.  Still do.  I have a hard time believing that not showing up to camp all boils down to the Skins docs telling him to get a 2nd opinion, he doesn't and is now pissed at them for what?  Just doesn't make any sense.

 

If the current story/info is true and he put off getting a 2nd opinion and is now bitter/angry at the team, then he's acting like a childish little **** imo. 

 

If it's something else, money or just wanting to go to a new team that's consistently in the playoffs or a SB contender, well, he's still acting like a childish little **** by not just coming out and saying that and hiding behind the current story (assuming this story/info holds up over time).

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

 

Agreed, the NFLPA put that in their CBA for this very reason. Team Doctors AREN'T Oncologists. If you have a weird bump and they said it was nothing to worry about. Then ****ing say that already. That's serious enough IMO to bring to light. But if that wasn't the case and they were unsure or didn't know. He still went to get that 2nd opinion as per the CBA and had it taken care of. 

 

If this is really him also being salty over a 3rd round project tackle when he's missing games. Well, then that's on him for being weak-minded. 

 

The team won't come out and say anything negative about their medical staff. I think it was the Eagles having a bunch of misdiagnosed items (didn't Wentz play a couple games with a broken back?). It's a bad look for the team especially when they are at the start of a season and can't do too much about it. 

 

If this is about the training staff and Trent won't budge, then I'd expect him to be traded and a lot of turnover in that department over the offseason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

 

If the current story/info is true and he put off getting a 2nd opinion and is now bitter/angry at the team, then he's acting like a childish little **** imo. 

 

If it's something else, money or just wanting to go to a new team that's consistently in the playoffs or a SB contender, well, he's still acting like a childish little **** by not just coming out and saying that and hiding behind the current story (assuming this story/info holds up over time).

So what you are saying is pretty much no matter what, Trent’s a ****.  Gotcha.  😁

 

I find it incredibly hard to believe that this is all over the team docs misdiagnosing him, telling him to go see a specialist, he doesn’t and is now mad about it.  That doesn’t make any sense at all, no matter where your biases lie.  There has got to be more to this story.

 

I also don’t believe he’s obligated in any way to say what the issue is and imagine he’s been advised to say nothing, because saying something publicly does nothing to help him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Unbias said:

 

The team won't come out and say anything negative about their medical staff. I think it was the Eagles having a bunch of misdiagnosed items (didn't Wentz play a couple games with a broken back?). It's a bad look for the team especially when they are at the start of a season and can't do too much about it. 

 

If this is about the training staff and Trent won't budge, then I'd expect him to be traded and a lot of turnover in that department over the offseason. 

 

A lot of us have wanted a change at Med/Training for the past few years.  I also want a change in the turf management because it looks like **** so quickly. I could totally see them finally making a change after this season. It's too late for 2019 now. To keep quiet all offseason and then not show isn't the way to create positive change.

 

Players lie to stay on the field all the time. Doctors are shady and clear guys who shouldn't be playing. Fake concussion checks. Etc.

 

If he's truly concerned about his health. That's on him.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

 

A lot of us have wanted a change at Med/Training for the past few years.  I also want a change in the turf management because it looks like **** so quickly. I could totally see them finally making a change after this season. It's too late for 2019 now. To keep quiet all offseason and then not show isn't the way to create positive change.

 

Players lie to stay on the field all the time. Doctors are shady and clear guys who shouldn't be playing. Fake concussion checks. Etc.

 

If he's truly concerned about his health. That's on him.

 

 

 

Realistically Jay is in his last year of his existing contract. With him going to war with a rookie QB chances are they go a different direction, where it might be more of a draw for the future coach to pick his own medical team. I mean, why fire the whole group this year, sign new guys to contracts that may extend past Jay's run, then have a new coach come in and not feel like he has any say in that matter?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Washington Post reports the Redskins' plan to get holdout LT Trent Williams to report is to let his massive fines pile up.

Teams can fine holdouts $40,000 per day. Williams has already accrued $280,000 in penalties. The reality is, these fines are never levied and are not a realistic bargaining ploy with an All-Pro talent like Williams. It is a uniquely bad plan if the Redskins truly want to mend fences and get Williams back in time for Week 1. Only in Washington.

SOURCE: Washington Post

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Unbias said:

 

Well, it sounds like they diagnosed it as a cyst, not a tumor. So, there was a misdiagnosis on there end. They did recommend a second opinion, but then said it's not serious, so sort of back tracked. 

 

I agree team doctors are not the same as a real doctor and Trent has some responsibility for not getting a second opinion, but in fairness he's probably been going to these guys for the past 9 years for anything. From an ingrown toe nail to a tumor Trent has probably put a lot of trust in these guys. 

 

It's not backtracking at all (again, if the story is true)...

 

Ubias: Hey TD, my stomach hurts from time to time for no apparent reason. 

TD: Oh OK, well that happened to me a while back and I just cut out coffee and drank more water...but I'd definitely check with a doctor.

Ubias: Nah, I trust you. 

 

Do you consider that backtracking on my part? I'm telling you what I think (as a non-expert) but stating that you should go to an expert.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

 

It's not backtracking at all (again, if the story is true)...

 

Ubias: Hey TD, my stomach hurts from time to time for no apparent reason. 

TD: Oh OK, well that happened to me a while back and I just cut out coffee and drank more water...but I'd definitely check with a doctor.

Ubias: Nah, I trust you. 

 

Do you consider that backtracking on my part? I'm telling you what I think (as a non-expert) but stating that you should go to an expert.  

 

That's not the way it's being reported. Here's what I'm hearing: 

 

Unbias: Hey TD, my stomach hurts from time to time for no apparent reason. 

TD: Let me check. Looks like nothing. maybe cut out the coffee and drink more water? You should see a doctor about that. 

Unbias: Do you think it's serious? 

TD: No. 

Unbias: Thanks for your time. 

 

Remember, ultimately Trent did get a second opinion that lead to the firm diagnosis and surgery. I'm going to make an assumption here, but Trent would have explained the conversation between he and the medical staff and their recommendation. From there the doctor giving the second opinion probably wasn't too kind on the cyst diagnosis and/or advice that the medical staff provided. That's what fueled Trent's frustration. 

Edited by Unbias
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The info that kevin Sheehan said on his podcast leads me to believe this is all on Trent after all. He chose to not get a 2nd opinion even though Team doctors suggested he should. Doesn’t sound like any wrongdoing of the team doctors to me. 

Which may be why he hasn't come out publicly with his side of the story, if that's true he has no recourse against the team.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So what you are saying is pretty much no matter what, Trent’s a ****.  Gotcha.  😁

 

I find it incredibly hard to believe that this is all over the team docs misdiagnosing him, telling him to go see a specialist, he doesn’t and is now mad about it.  That doesn’t make any sense at all, no matter where your biases lie.  There has got to be more to this story.

 

I also don’t believe he’s obligated in any way to say what the issue is and imagine he’s been advised to say nothing, because saying something publicly does nothing to help him.

 

Well, he said if the current version of the medical story is true OR if it really wasn't related to the medical thing...and I'd agree. But another possibility exists: The medical staff COULD have told them that they were oncologists and were completely sure he was fine. No second opinion needed. That doesn't line up with the stories coming out, but if that were the case then I think we'd all understand Trent's point. 

 

This is looking more and more (to me) like someone who finally decided that he wanted to make a power move either to get paid more guaranteed money, get a longer contract, or get moved to a better team. It seems like he used a relatively harmless event to be the tipping point to force their hand and get some public sympathy. 

 

If indeed the interaction with the medical folks went down as Sheehan said it did, it's an awful look for Trent and his reputation should be impacted. 

1 minute ago, Unbias said:

 

That's not the way it's being reported. Here's what I'm hearing: 

 

Unbias: Hey TD, my stomach hurts from time to time for no apparent reason. 

TD: Let me check. Looks like nothing. maybe cut out the coffee and drink more water? You should see a doctor about that. 

Unbias: Do you think it's serious? 

TD: No. 

Unbias: Thanks for your time. 

 

Remember, ultimately Trent did get a second opinion that lead to the firm diagnosis and surgery. I'm going to make an assumption here, but Trent would have explained the conversation between he and the medical staff and their recommendation. From there the doctor giving the second opinion probably wasn't too kind on the cyst diagnosis and/or advice that the medical staff provided. 

 

OK, if that's the order then I still don't consider it backtracking. 

 

"Go see a doctor" is a clear cut recommendation. "I don't think it's serious" is an opinion that in no way trumps the first statement. 

 

And let's not forget the kicker here...the team doctors were RIGHT. It was benign. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

The Washington Post reports the Redskins' plan to get holdout LT Trent Williams to report is to let his massive fines pile up.

Teams can fine holdouts $40,000 per day. Williams has already accrued $280,000 in penalties. The reality is, these fines are never levied and are not a realistic bargaining ploy with an All-Pro talent like Williams. It is a uniquely bad plan if the Redskins truly want to mend fences and get Williams back in time for Week 1. Only in Washington.

SOURCE: Washington Post

 

So they are trying to negotiate with an iron fist? 

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So what you are saying is pretty much no matter what, Trent’s a ****.  Gotcha.  😁

 

I find it incredibly hard to believe that this is all over the team docs misdiagnosing him, telling him to go see a specialist, he doesn’t and is now mad about it.  That doesn’t make any sense at all, no matter where your biases lie.  There has got to be more to this story.

 

I also don’t believe he’s obligated in any way to say what the issue is and imagine he’s been advised to say nothing, because saying something publicly does nothing to help him.

 

If the story and new info we just got about the team telling him to get a 2nd opinion and he put if off holds up as is.........absolutely.  I agree, one would like to think that there is more to the story than what went down with his growth/cyst issue, but sometimes, people are just petty and try to use any excuse to hide their true intentions behind. 

 

Maybe there are some legit concerns over past injuries, rehab and how they handled those.  Maybe he is tired of losing and not making the playoffs and watching the FO continuously fail in terms of keeping certain players, free agency, draft etc.  And he took an opportunity to use the "misdiagnosis" (and I use this term loosely because they are not qualified to make an appropriate diagnosis in the first place) as a way out of the organization.

 

Either way, if it really is just anger over the growth/cyst and how he thinks they should have handled it or if it's money, contract, or him wanting a better team, better medical staff, etc. and he's hiding all of that behind the current story, he's acting like a ****.  I prefer someone be straight up and honest with me as that is how I am with others. 

 

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sheehan and Loverro spend about 10 hours a week bashing the Skins so if Sheehan says he has info and that's how it went down then I tend to believe him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The info that kevin Sheehan said on his podcast leads me to believe this is all on Trent after all. He chose to not get a 2nd opinion even though Team doctors suggested he should. Doesn’t sound like any wrongdoing of the team doctors to me. 

Did you listen to the whole thing??

 

he clearly said they told him it was cyst and it was nothing to worry about but that he could/should seek a 2nd opinion

 

he eventually did. 

 

They were wrong which could have been extremely dangerous for him 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Did you listen to the whole thing??

 

he clearly said they told him it was cyst and it was nothing to worry about but that he could/should seek a 2nd opinion

 

he eventually did. 

 

They were wrong which could have been extremely dangerous for him 

 

<once again...assuming sheehan's account is accurate>

 

we think it's a cyst and not something you need to worry about but you should talk to a specialist

he talks to a specialist who tells him it's very serious

it turns out to be benign (read: not very serious)

 

so not only did they escalate this to someone more qualified than themselves, but they also were correct all along that it wasn't overly serious

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Did you listen to the whole thing??

 

he clearly said they told him it was cyst and it was nothing to worry about but that he could/should seek a 2nd opinion

 

he eventually did. 

 

They were wrong which could have been extremely dangerous for him 

They don’t have actual expertise in that area though. He should’ve gone to the 2nd opinion much sooner. He didn’t. And now he’s holding out. That, in my opinion, is on him. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

https://nfltraderumors.co/latest-on-redskins-lt-trent-williams/

 

Latest Report on LT Trent Williams.... asked to be traded in June. Team said no. He then asked for more money... contradicts last report that said we were actively shopping TW.

 

Team hoping significant fines will make TW end holdout...

 

seems like a crapshoot.

Edited by SemperFi Skins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate to keep using analogies but some people are being ridiculous in here...

 

Person: There's a rattling in my car - do you think something's wrong?

Mechanic: I don't see anything wrong, but I do think you should run it past the dealership as they're better equipped to know for sure. 

Dealer: OMG, I'd start shopping for a replacement car - this sounds BAD!

Dealer: Wait, it's cool...I just needed to tighten this bolt here. 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Did you listen to the whole thing??

 

he clearly said they told him it was cyst and it was nothing to worry about but that he could/should seek a 2nd opinion

 

he eventually did. 

 

They were wrong which could have been extremely dangerous for him 

If i'm being honest here, what Trent Williams had was NOT a normal situation for sports doctors. They deal with sports related injuries probably 99% of the time. I think it's obvious that it was out of the norm for them which is why they said he should seek another opinion. Being a doctor is a practice, even all the modern medicine in the world can't save you from being wrong sometimes. It's still very much trial and error, Trent should be upset but he has to understand that his growth was such a rare case for a sports doctor to look at. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I hate to keep using analogies but some people are being ridiculous in here...

 

Person: There's a rattling in my car - do you think something's wrong?

Mechanic: I don't see anything wrong, but I do think you should run it past the dealership as they're better equipped to know for sure. 

Dealer: OMG, I'd start shopping for a replacement car - this sounds BAD!

Dealer: Wait, it's cool...I just needed to tighten this bolt here. 

 

 

You’re really trivializing being told that you might have a malignant tumor. 

 

I’d assume that has serious ramifications on one’s outlook.

2 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

If i'm being honest here, what Trent Williams had was NOT a normal situation for sports doctors. They deal with sports related injuries probably 99% of the time. I think it's obvious that it was out of the norm for them which is why they said he should seek another opinion. Being a doctor is a practice, even all the modern medicine in the world can't save you from being wrong sometimes. It's still very much trial and error, Trent should be upset but he has to understand that his growth was such a rare case for a sports doctor to look at. 

Now this is a take that I can understand. 

 

Good point 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

You’re really trivializing being told that you might have a malignant tumor. 

 

I’d assume that has serious ramifications on one’s outlook.

 

I don't mean to trivialize it at all, but he didn't. And not only didn't he, the fact that he thought he might have for some period of time really doesn't have much to do with the entity he's punishing right now. 

 

It seems very likely he latched onto this situation to try to leverage his way out of town or into more guaranteed money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.