Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

29 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Yes, Kirk scored a big win for players in leveraging their situations to maximize future earnings. If Trent wants a huge new deal topping recent top lineman salaries, that puts Skins in a tough spot. I’m all for adding a year and guarantees though. Trent will be elite into his mid 30s due to freak talent and no serious lower body injuries, though knee injuries are becoming less of an issue for guys. 

Getting to free agency is a primary goal for the top 5% in more cases these days. Not that this hasn’t been the case, but players are being much more bold to make it happen. 

Ive said for a few years the NFL is 5-8 years behind the NBA, but it’s wild how similar each are becoming. As a fan, I’m hopeful the “SHIELD” will put a stop to it in the next collective bargaining agreement, as I love the NFL in large part due to the team focused approach. 

Has he?  Kirk signed a three year deal with a team that almost made the Super Bowl and couldn't get them to the playoffs and betting odds have them middle of the pack for making the Super Bowl this year.

When the first player to grab a certain type of deal fails to live up to the hype, he tears things down for other players

43 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:

This is my primary concern. I respect TW’s opinion on his contract, Bruce Allen, and medical care. What worries me is all the embellished drama and suspense. TW is supposed to be a leader, a team captain.  A leader doesn’t become a recluse and send confusing messages through friends. Why hasn’t he engaged his agent, communicated with the players association, issue a statement to his fans, or even post something on Twitter? The years of losing and bad culture are starting to make sense. 

I'm with you on this.  I know a lot of peoples reactions are that the Redskins are such a disaster that it led to swearingers reactions, and now TW, but these individuals deserve a lot of the blame for how they are handling these situations.  And maybe they deserve some of the blame for why the Redskins are such a disaster in the first place.  These are the leaders that set the tone in the locker room and other people look up to.  

People will flinch at hearing this but I think the only way Trent comes back is if Dan gets involved.  If it’s left to Bruce, then nothing is going to happen.

If Dan goes to Trent, he might be able to figure something out and also understand more WHY Trent is seemingly so unhappy with Bruce and the medical staff. 

Then Dan will have to make a decision: the best player on your team OR a team president who hasn’t won anything. 

^^I'm guessing Snyder knows everything there is to know already.

Which, to me anyway, means this really isn't about being unhappy with Bruce outside of how any contract negotiations are going.

With the CBA expiring in 2 years--along with his contract, I believe--I'm assuming Trent is wanting some money to cover things should another player lockout occur. Since the players union had already been warning players to start saving money in event of a lockout and Williams knows he's going to be 33 when/if that happens, it would make sense for him to be thinking ahead and wanting to do something to protect himself above and beyond the salary he's scheduled to make over the next two seasons. How much would that suck to become an unrestricted free agent for probably your last big payday and there end up being a lockout that same year?

Also would make sense for the Skins to not just say "OK, you got it"...I think it makes sense business-wise to not just capitulate to players--any players--who are under contract with a new CBA coming up. Sorry, but the reality is that owners and franchises can survive a lockout/player strike far better and far longer than the players themselves can. That's the leverage they have and much like the leverage Kirk had and Trent currently has, I don't blame any of them--including Bruce and Dan and other owners/executives around the NFL--for using it to benefit their sides. They're all doing the same thing in my eyes, and you prepare for this if you're even slightly knowledgeable and intelligent about how the business of sports works.

42 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

People will flinch at hearing this but I think the only way Trent comes back is if Dan gets involved.  If it’s left to Bruce, then nothing is going to happen.

If Dan goes to Trent, he might be able to figure something out and also understand more WHY Trent is seemingly so unhappy with Bruce and the medical staff. 

Then Dan will have to make a decision: the best player on your team OR a team president who hasn’t won anything. 

Santana was on with Doc this week and said that he had spoken with Trent and told him that he needs to go talk to Dan, that sometimes situations call for going over heads, and this is one of them.  He walked away thinking that would happen.

30 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Santana was on with Doc this week and said that he had spoken with Trent and told him that he needs to go talk to Dan, that sometimes situations call for going over heads, and this is one of them.  He walked away thinking that would happen.

Thanks for sharing. 

That's hilarious - Tana telling him to go over Bruce's head.  Cut out the middle man.  I hope he does as we need Trent and everyone knows it.  Bruce can try and play it cool but Dan is all about winning now every year, and after last years likely worst ever game day experience/entertainment value, wants to get competitive and fast.

Salmon/speculation view - Trent the team captain.... his teammates may actually be quietly applauding what he is doing - as he going to bat for them as well.  Hopefully setting a precedent... #BypassBruce

45 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

25 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Thanks for sharing. 

That's hilarious - Tana telling him to go over Bruce's head.  Cut out the middle man.  I hope he does as we need Trent and everyone knows it.  Bruce can try and play it cool but Dan is all about winning now every year, and after last years likely worst ever game day experience/entertainment value, wants to get competitive and fast.

Salmon/speculation view - Trent the team captain.... his teammates may actually be quietly applauding what he is doing - as he going to bat for them as well.  Hopefully setting a precedent... #BypassBruce

If it's between goin over your GM's head or probably never playin for the team again, then what have you got to lose, really ?

He might have had to call RG3, in order to get Snyder's personal cell phone # though 😛

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

With the CBA expiring in 2 years--along with his contract, I believe--I'm assuming Trent is wanting some money to cover things should another player lockout occur. Since the players union had already been warning players to start saving money in event of a lockout and Williams knows he's going to be 33 when/if that happens, it would make sense for him to be thinking ahead and wanting to do something to protect himself above and beyond the salary he's scheduled to make over the next two seasons. How much would that suck to become an unrestricted free agent for probably your last big payday and there end up being a lockout that same year?...

I heard Tom Brady is telling his family to keep the thermostats at 80 F during the summer and 60 F during the winter just in case there is a strike.

Trent will make $24M in the last two years of his contract. and $124M over his career if his playing days end after the 2020 season.  The longest work stoppage in NFL history was 8 weeks.  He should be able to handle losing a few paydays without holding the team hostage. I think the players union was addressing players who have to squeak by on a couple of million per year, not Trent or Tom or Aaron or Kirk.

I read a Czabe tweet saying maybe the Trent situation gets Bruce fired - same as I posted about above.  Steve - you lurker you keep pushing for it.

I will one up Santana, and say that Dan should break protocol and call Trent, himself. #BypassBruce and get er done. Airing of the grievances - let Dan know what's up. We talk about Trent being a team captain and leader, well no one can hit home with Dan better than he could. Maybe AP... but we know how much Dan cherishes special relationships with players and dare I think Dan thinks Trent is a total boss and too cool for him.  Maybe this will lead to a giddy Dan and a festivus miracle.

6 hours ago, theTruthTeller said:

I heard Tom Brady is telling his family to keep the thermostats at 80 F during the summer and 60 F during the winter just in case there is a strike.

Trent will make $24M in the last two years of his contract. and $124M over his career if his playing days end after the 2020 season.  The longest work stoppage in NFL history was 8 weeks.  He should be able to handle losing a few paydays without holding the team hostage. I think the players union was addressing players who have to squeak by on a couple of million per year, not Trent or Tom or Aaron or Kirk.

Trent saw (or will see) a fraction of that total $124M...and the last lockout ended precisely because way too many players did not prepare financially for it and pressured the union to end the stalemate. Not to mention, the idea that making millions somehow inoculates you financially pretty much ignores all of human nature and how the financial world works. I mean, ask Adrian Peterson and Clinton Portis--both who have made a ****-ton of millions during their careers--how secure that millions of dollars made them. Like Chris Rock said, "(being) rich is some **** you can lose with a crazy summer and a drug habit" lol...or bad investments or unscrupulous financial managers....

Just as a reminder:

“We are advising players to plan for a work stoppage of at least a year in length,” Smith wrote in the letter."...."During the last round of negotiations, there were multiple reports of veteran players taking out high-interest loans just to get by."

Trent isn't gonna be worrying only about a few months. He will be planning on seeing an entire year's salary gone along with future earnings significantly diminished. He probably has been planning his future earnings and how long that will last him past retirement, and seeing how a possible players lockout would damage both his earnings and his next (and last) big pay day. He's trying to get that last big pay day now at 31, and not after a possible year-long work stoppage and when he has turned 34. That could leave tens of millions of dollars out of his pockets if he tells himself "Hey, I've made more than enough money, no worries." Nobody in the NFL who is over 30 yrs old makes so much that they can just casually forego an extra $30M (or whatever amount it may be) over the remainder of their career...and especially when they recently had a cancer scare. That's why, to me, this right now is more a game of chicken on his part than a disowning of the Redskins and Bruce Allen, and why I suspect that Trent won't sit out 2 years just to get away from Bruce and Dan.

24 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I read a Czab tweet saying maybe the Trent situation gets Bruce fired - same as I posted about above.  Steve - you lurker you keep pushing for it.

I love how everyone keeps thinking different things will get Bruce Allen fired lol...

Scot M's grievance might end up getting Bruce Allen fired.

The Kirk Cousins fiasco might end up getting Bruce Allen fired.

Lafemina's hiring might end up getting Bruce Allen replaced.

Putting in a waiver claim on Reuben Foster might be the last straw of bad PR and end up getting Bruce Allen fired.

Now it's Trent Williams holding out might be what gets Bruce Allen fired. And this will happen after a ton of positive press for both the Redskins and Allen this offseason (relatively speaking).

Here's a thought nobody really seems to consider: What if Allen is following Dan's directive in terms of how to deal and negotiate with Trent?

Remember how everyone kept saying Bruce was undermining Scot M due to jealousy and ego and wanted him gone so that he could be the sole person in charge? Then it comes out that Snyder wanted Scot M gone before the 2015 season even started, and it was Bruce that talked Snyder into keeping him on and trying to make things work out? Same thing could be happening here as well to a degree. This whole plan of action may be Dan's desire, not Bruce's.

I, of course, have zero idea if it is...but I'm not thinking that Trent Williams holds this massive place in Dan's heart or is seen by Dan as so irreplaceable that any executive within the franchise who dares upset him will be terminated as a result. And we still have no clue whatsoever exactly what Trent is wanting, nor why the Skins aren't jumping through the hoops to make it happen.

Apparently DHall and Keim are saying its about the medical staff needing to be replaced before Trent will come back.  Heaven forbid I closed my twitter feed and now I cannot locate the tweet convo.  Maybe someone that heard DHall can confirm. Keim replied and seemed to confirm.

Bruce seems like an extension of Dan, so what's the difference. Dan visited one prospect this pre-draft. We took him.

I still cannot find the convo but found this on HogsHaven.  I know I know no one trusts JLC or Ian but something happened and we know all the possible issues.

Rapoport says the team told Williams to wait until after the season to have the growth removed. Williams went to his own doctor and learned that the growth was pre-cancerous. Williams has had several surgeries(some cosmetic) since the season ended. He is still frustrated with the team's medical staff. The holdout is expected to be lengthy and complicated. The contract issue could end the holdout. Rapoport says an extension or a raise this year could smooth things over with the team. The two sides aren't talking, and nothing has changed so far.

Best I can find is many random folk saying DHall said he spoke to Trent and its not about money

25 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Wait, I thought veteran players having a direct line of communication with the owner was a bad thing?

Generally speaking it is, particularly here given the track record.

But what Santana was saying is that this particular situation calls for going directly to Dan and that he's the only guy who can fix this.  

If this was strictly a contract issue, we'd hear about it from both sides.

I think Trent is being a baby about a possible cancer scare that the team doctors downplayed.  Yes, cancer is some scary ****, but don't take out your anxiety on the team because they are not skin or cancer experts.  But again, no one knows, since we are getting nothing from either side.

Trade him if possible.   He's not worth the drama.

I was assured months ago that this was all just noise and that there wasn't any trouble brewing.  I'm still amazed that there are fans of this franchise who don't automatically know that there is a fire when they see smoke.  

28 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

Trade him if possible.   He's not worth the drama.

Dare I think we will have MORE drama without Trent, than with him. He is totally worth the drama, as elite LTs do not grow on trees. We just drafted a hopeful franchise QB. It's not our money!  Trade him for a stud LT or 1st from a pathetic team, or work it out. We'll deal with the drama just fine.

More and more it's pointing towards Trent wanting the medical staff replaced.  Where there is smoke there is fire.  I think it's funny some folks want Trent to state his case publicly. If its medically related, why in the world would he?  Issues regarding ones health are private matters.  He probably has a big ****ing scar on his head and is ****ing pissed.

Edit @DJHJR86 Great Minds! 🔥

10 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

And that's the exact scenario that people wanted Snyder to avoid all these years too.  Sometimes it's just necessary though.  Usually when you have bad people in place though.

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

Best I can find is many random folk saying DHall said he spoke to Trent and its not about money

I'm curious if that means money is 100% not been discussed or if it's not the MAIN issue.  Like, fire the medical staff = Trent shows up.  Or if there's a pain and aggravation tax tacked on now.

22 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I'm curious if that means money is 100% not been discussed or if it's not the MAIN issue.  Like, fire the medical staff = Trent shows up.  Or if there's a pain and aggravation tax tacked on now.

Good point.  I would be VERY interested to know if he would report with just the med staff upgraded. But at this point, I feel like a pain and aggravation tax (good one!) is all but a given.  I suspect no money has been discussed, otherwise someone at Redskins 'Leak' Park would make the good news of talking, public.  I think there have been no discussions at all.

I am real curious about the scar, size location etc.  If he has no visible scar evident, that is a lot different than if he has a permanent huge scar on his forehead.  It sounds pretty hardcore if he is undergoing cosmetic surgery. People think Trent needs to "suck it up" being scarred mentally from the cancer scare, but think its now obvious he is scarred physically as well.  That effectively doubles the tax rate.

You know Trent is ****ing pissed. And don't ask him what that is on his head. Think Tommy Chong meeting Strawberry.

19 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Moses' words and actions speak to the problem being much bigger than they appear.

It's not just about Trent.

Moses saying that "I'm glad someone finally stood up to this" signals it could happen again, and that at least Moses would do the same thing if it happened with him, and that there really is a bigger problem that's been lingering and not dealt with. In addition, now he's wearing #71 to further show he's going out

of his way to take Trent's side in this. 

15 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

I just listened to Moses's presser and one of the reporters asked him if he thought Trent's holdout "was contractual or is it something else".

Moses gave an interesting answer, he said: "I don't know, I can talk to him and it can be one thing and then he says something else".

Bless Moses' heart.

"I'm glad someone finally stood up for this."

'What is he standing up for?'

"I really don't know man".

Morgan Moses is the best spokesman EVER.

9 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Bless Moses' heart.

"I'm glad someone finally stood up for this."

'What is he standing up for?'

"I really don't know man".

Morgan Moses is the best spokesman EVER.

It's part of the NFL's executive training program. He's interning under Tony Wyllie. 🤣🤣

Archived