Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

He better be careful....*somebody* just may step up and make him expendable or worse..an example. He *could* be dealing with zero money for 2 years. My question is what happens to his salary if he's designated as did not report...you just fine him for each game or can you use the space.. *I* think that salary is dead space and Trent can report anytime he wants and start collecting $$ per game...that should be fixed in the next CBA where if a player doesn't report, the team can retain the rights and replace the player for that year without loosing his rights...

Don't get suckered AGAIN Bruce, stand tall

27 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Could be Trent just knows this is a dumpster fire of an organization and is sick of being a good soldier. Can't really blame him. Ten years in, I'm sure he wants to know what it's like to play for a well-run franchise. I mean, is that too much to ask?

So then why ask to be traded?...He wouldn't control where he ends up.

3 hours ago, Unbias said:

Well it appears his side and Allen talked and Allen knows where he stands (per Allen). From those discussions I'm assuming Trent's side is not happy with the progress, so they are using whatever leverage they have. 

I don't think this really embarrasses the team much. It is just the business side of the sport. What would hurt is if the two sides cannot come to an agreement and he's not on the roster. As injured and expensive as he's been there's a massive drop off in the LT position. Having play the Giants twice a year it's comical thinking Flowers might be our starting LT if Trent isn't there. 

The bold part is all of the leverage that Trent needs.  If he were at camp now, yukking it up with his teammates, telling the media that he can't wait to get his pads on, and hinting that he'd like an extension to finish out his career with the Skins, he'd have the fans lining up behind him.  Instead, from this thread, it looks like he's at about 50-50.

Agents always think they have to play hard ball to impress their clients.  Sometimes they probably do.  But in this case, all it does is bring out the problems in Trent's game - injuries, age, and suspensions.

3 hours ago, theTruthTeller said:

What I don't understand is why he is not at training camp.  He wasn't going to be practicing anyway.  Trent can get what he wants without embarrassing the team in public.

Really, he can? Would you be talking about it if he was here, would anyone else? No, it would be business as usual. Which he wasn't happy with. This is a negotiating tactic, one of the only ones he's got. 

10 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Good. Trade him to Buffalo.

I think you said this because you think it would be a punishment but he'd probably be better off in BUF. They're putting together a pretty strong FO there and even though I prefer Haskins long-term, there's no denying that Josh Allen is exciting right now. 

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

Maybe this is the last place he wants to be, so he'll roll the dice as he feels anywhere MUST be better than here. 

I doubt players feel the same and think the same as fans...and if Trent is worried about his health and career at this stage of the game and on the wrong side of 30, doesn't seem like "rolling the dice" is a smart move at all.

1 hour ago, theTruthTeller said:

The bold part is all of the leverage that Trent needs.  If he were at camp now, yukking it up with his teammates, telling the media that he can't wait to get his pads on, and hinting that he'd like an extension to finish out his career with the Skins, he'd have the fans lining up behind him.  Instead, from this thread, it looks like he's at about 50-50.

Agents always think they have to play hard ball to impress their clients.  Sometimes they probably do.  But in this case, all it does is bring out the problems in Trent's game - injuries, age, and suspensions.

If the Agent is playing hard ball what is Allen playing? Allen said there was a meeting and he knew Trent's concerns. A month went bye and now it's a hold out. Maybe both sides are on the same page, but it doesn't feel that way. 

Skins let Ty Nsekhe go to Buffalo Bills last year and now we have Flowers as Williams backup.  Allen needs his head examined.

Gruden called Nsekhe last year during the season - "a luxury not many teams have" when he had to use him on the line after a starter got injured.

Now that luxury lineman is gone and Bill Callahan will not be able to turn Flowers into Nsekhe.

3 hours ago, Califan007 said:

I doubt players feel the same and think the same as fans...and if Trent is worried about his health and career at this stage of the game and on the wrong side of 30, doesn't seem like "rolling the dice" is a smart move at all.

Or, maybe Trent and his agent already know the most he will be getting from us going forward.  I would wager there have been some conversations if this is all about mo money, as it seems most all think it is.... not me. I think Trent does want a trade and that there have been no talks. If he wanted to be paid as a top 3 LT, why not just.... say that?

Rolling the dice on a trade to a team that is close, with wait for it... cap room! may be the best move for him, easily.  Yep even Buffalo.

The priority sure seems to be Brandon these days.... watch Bruce botch both.

A little discussed aspect that I will say again, he took one for the team and restructured his contract to fit in our free agent of the day back in 2015. Him expecting a favor back, could be in play.

1 hour ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Skins let Ty Nsekhe go to Buffalo Bills last year and now we have Flowers as Williams backup.  Allen needs his head examined.

Gruden called Nsekhe last year during the season - "a luxury not many teams have" when he had to use him on the line after a starter got injured.

Now that luxury lineman is gone and Bill Callahan will not be able to turn Flowers into Nsekhe.

Jesus Christ, I feel like i've said this a hundred times now. 

YOU DON'T PAY A 34 YEAR OLD MEDIOCRE BACK-UP SWING TACKLE 7 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR!

1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

I heard a few weeks back Ty may not even win the starter job. Galdi IIRC.

He won't because they have Dawkins as LT and draft Cody Ford I believe in the first as RT. Ty is essentially going to be a back-up in Buffalo, but they can afford his hefty salary since the two bookends will be dirt cheap. We didn't have that luxury since we're already paying Moses and Williams about 20 mil.

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

Guess we will have to be patient and wait for a starting LT to be released.  Flowers will never make it as a starting LT nor a backup.

Exactly what I came in here to say..maybe ty dont cut it in buffalo and comes back?

14 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Exactly what I came in here to say..maybe ty dont cut it in buffalo and comes back?

No chance he'll be cut. The two tackles are fairly young and inexpensive so he'll be asked to do what he did here even if he doesn't win a starting job (which I imagine he won't with the drafting of Ford).

4 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

You can’t re sign everyone.

and ty was not getting starting pay as a back up here 

Archived