Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

@UK SKINS FAN 74 Cleveland still makes the most sense to me although it’s a different FO that apparently offered a 1 last year. But with Callahan there I could see it.

Patriots probably make the most sense but they don’t have a 2nd and a lot probably hinges on Brady. Do they load up for a final run or do they hit reset? 

Colts have the cap space but don’t think they’ve got a need assuming they get Costanzo done. If Costanzo retires then that makes a ton of sense for Trent. 

But who knows. Could be a ton of suitors if the price is a 2nd or a pair of 3rd. Problem is we aren’t getting his replacement with any of those picks. Maybe you hit on a guy that falls, but I think you’ve gotta bring back Penn if he doesn’t retire. And I almost feel like you have to cut Moses and go get a top tier RT. Otherwise you’re extremely vulnerable at OT 

10 hours ago, RWJ said:

Per John Keim's post Skins should seek their own deal and trade him away to the highest bidder.  We'll see what RR is made of.  

What would be the harm in letting Trent seek his own deal while the team seeks a deal as well? I'm curious as to if there's a reason this couldn't happen. 

Skins: "Sure, you want to be traded, go find a team that will give us a 1st round pick for you....meanwhile we'll be focusing on free agency and the draft. Good luck."

51 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

What would be the harm in letting Trent seek his own deal while the team seeks a deal as well? I'm curious as to if there's a reason this couldn't happen. 

Skins: "Sure, you want to be traded, go find a team that will give us a 1st round pick for you....meanwhile we'll be focusing on free agency and the draft. Good luck."

they very well may have already told him his agent can look for a deal or a contract.  

I doubt anyone gives a 1st at this point.  The time for that was last year.  

I would extend him 2 yrs say $45M with 2 of the three years gauranteed     If he says no get what you can and move him.  

23 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

they very well may have already told him his agent can look for a deal or a contract.  

I doubt anyone gives a 1st at this point.  The time for that was last year.  

I would extend him 2 yrs say $45M with 2 of the three years gauranteed     If he says no get what you can and move him.  

I agree we likely don't get a 1. Bruce screwed that up.

It's tough to really make a call from our shoes on this because we're not aware of Williams' tone.

Is it: I want to be here, but I need assurances. That medical scare effed me up, man, and I need a nest egg. But I truly want to be a Skin and would be willing to work with you as long as I got restructured/extended.

Or is it: I want to be extended/restructured. I want more money. I'm willing to do it here, but I don't care if I'm elsewhere.

If it's the former: Okay, I can work with that.

If it's the latter: New regime. Set a tone. Anyone not down to be here day one, adios. Future issues, with Rivera's guys, can be handled a bit differently. But keeping yesterday's malcontents is not a great move.

So it all depends on how Trent and Ron's talks have gone, in my opinion, with what we should do.

Well based on what has come out, it sounds like Washington would be seeking the Duane Brown trade the Texans which was a 3rd that year and a future 2nd.

If the two options we face are: Trade Trent for a 2020 3rd and a 2021 2nd and free up $14 million in cap space .. or let him play in 2020 on a 1 year deal and let him walk for essentially a 2022 3rd round comp pick ... I think the decision is pretty simple.

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

Since he's under contract, would that even be allowed? I don't know the CBA's stance on that.

38 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Well based on what has come out, it sounds like Washington would be seeking the Duane Brown trade the Texans which was a 3rd that year and a future 2nd.

If the two options we face are: Trade Trent for a 2020 3rd and a 2021 2nd and free up $14 million in cap space .. or let him play in 2020 on a 1 year deal and let him walk for essentially a 2022 3rd round comp pick ... I think the decision is pretty simple.

Would prefer a 2nd and 3rd this year, especially saying we don't have a 2nd round pick. 

HTTR 

Gotta wonder if Cleveland would still be interested? They have a new GM but the same problem at left tackle. Maybe they'd be willing to give up a 2nd to lock down left tackle. How bout Njoku and a 2nd for Trent and a future 5th? I don't even know if they have a 2nd round pick to offer. 

Maybe Miami would be interested in Trent for a 2nd? They could use him to protect Tua....

Trading Trent, Cutting Moses, Extending Kerrigan ... gets you to $80.6 million in cap space per OTC.

Holes on offense:

LT, RT, LG, RG, WR2, TE1, OT

Holes on Defense:

CB1, FS, MLB, Edge

Lots of holes. Lots.

BTW, not advocating for trading Trent unless you get a good trade offer. I am also no advocating for cutting Moses until post-draft to ensure you have a body in there to replace him. Also, not parting ways with both OTs without nailing down both Guard spots long-term (Scherff, Flowers).

But anyway, this sort of cap space would really put us in a position to be very, very aggressive if we so choose. Would consider going after Conklin in this scenario to replace Moses, and turning to the draft to grab an OT early to replace Trent.

So many dominoes to fall. Makes the options in FA and draft wide open.

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Trading Trent, Cutting Moses, Extending Kerrigan ... gets you to $80.6 million in cap space per OTC.

Holes on offense:

LT, RT, LG, RG, WR2, TE1, OT

Holes on Defense:

CB1, FS, MLB, Edge

Lots of holes. Lots.

BTW, not advocating for trading Trent unless you get a good trade offer. I am also no advocating for cutting Moses until post-draft to ensure you have a body in there to replace him. Also, not parting ways with both OTs without nailing down both Guard spots long-term (Scherff, Flowers).

But anyway, this sort of cap space would really put us in a position to be very, very aggressive if we so choose. Would consider going after Conklin in this scenario to replace Moses, and turning to the draft to grab an OT early to replace Trent.

So many dominoes to fall. Makes the options in FA and draft wide open.

Is Penn definitely retiring?

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

I'm a little disappointed in Trent and I'm also getting tired of the situation, time to unload him and move on, the bridge has been burnt.

Its just such a bummer that a trade deal wasn't struck while the iron was piping hot. Ugggh, oh well nothing can be done about that 

5 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

@UK SKINS FAN 74 Cleveland still makes the most sense to me although it’s a different FO that apparently offered a 1 last year. But with Callahan there I could see it.

Patriots probably make the most sense but they don’t have a 2nd and a lot probably hinges on Brady. Do they load up for a final run or do they hit reset? 

Colts have the cap space but don’t think they’ve got a need assuming they get Costanzo done. If Costanzo retires then that makes a ton of sense for Trent. 

But who knows. Could be a ton of suitors if the price is a 2nd or a pair of 3rd. Problem is we aren’t getting his replacement with any of those picks. Maybe you hit on a guy that falls, but I think you’ve gotta bring back Penn if he doesn’t retire. And I almost feel like you have to cut Moses and go get a top tier RT. Otherwise you’re extremely vulnerable at OT 

Pats going to have multiple 3rds. 

I just wonder who is going to give him the contract he wants. Not the Pats I doubt.

21 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Lol.  This just gets better and better.

He hinted that the asking price was north of $20M AAV. 

He said he'll have to write a story, because if he broke it on the podcast, his execs would not be happy.

This was and has been all about money from the get go. Williams didn't like that he had no guaranteed money left and this growth thing was a convenient cover story.

I guarantee if he has guaranteed money before this all went down we'd never have heard about his "scare".

**** that guy. Let him hit the bricks. Or trade him to Siberia. Bruce may be a vindictive ****wit, but it appears he was half right in this case by sticking to his guns. He'd have been 100% right if he'd have traded this ****ing guy last year when they had offers.

Nobody's gonna offer any picks this close to the draft, and once the league gets wind of his salary demands it'll be even worse, they'll all wait for him to be cut or released.

He just slit the team's throat and removed any option of getting anything in return for him this year, we'll have to wait until next year till he is a FA then get a comp pick for him.

If we don't trade Trent this season, it's wild to think we could have 3 3rd round comp picks in 2022 for Trent, Scherff, and Dunbar.

I'd obviously rather get better value in a trade or go ahead and re-sign all three now if the price makes sense, but that's not bad for a worst case scenorio.

Archived