Owls0325

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, MassSkinsFan said:

If Bruce goes away what happens to Trent?

That's a good question.

 

I assume Trent is gone but considering his main beef seems to be with Bruce......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Trent is gone regardless. 

 

Firing Bruce and the medical staff won't bring him back. 

 

Time to move on, its best for both parties IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I lost track of this, does anybody remember what list Trent was put on, and if there has been a determination if this season counts or not?  That's probably the biggest issue going into the off-season.  Does he have 1 or 2 years left would help determine trade value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I lost track of this, does anybody remember what list Trent was put on, and if there has been a determination if this season counts or not?  That's probably the biggest issue going into the off-season.  Does he have 1 or 2 years left would help determine trade value.

 

 

He's on NFI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought this part of the article about NFI was interesting -

 

Had Williams reported prior to Week 1, his base salary would have been $10.85 million in 2019. By holding out for eight games, he has significantly reduced his base salary for the remainder of the season. The remainder of his base salary for 2019 is $5,947,242, according to Sportrac.

 

Although his medical situation was a primary reason for holding out, Williams did admit that not playing with any guaranteed money remaining on his current deal (which expires after the 2020 season) had an impact on his decision.

 

Williams' current contract expires after the 2020 season, but the left tackle must be on full pay status for six or more games in order for the season to accrue towards free agency. It does not look like that will be the case for Williams. 

 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/explaining-nfls-non-football-injury-nfi-list-which-trent-williams-now

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

I thought this part of the article about NFI was interesting -

 

Had Williams reported prior to Week 1, his base salary would have been $10.85 million in 2019. By holding out for eight games, he has significantly reduced his base salary for the remainder of the season. The remainder of his base salary for 2019 is $5,947,242, according to Sportrac.

 

Although his medical situation was a primary reason for holding out, Williams did admit that not playing with any guaranteed money remaining on his current deal (which expires after the 2020 season) had an impact on his decision.

 

Williams' current contract expires after the 2020 season, but the left tackle must be on full pay status for six or more games in order for the season to accrue towards free agency. It does not look like that will be the case for Williams. 

 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/explaining-nfls-non-football-injury-nfi-list-which-trent-williams-now

 

 

 

Exactly what I was thinking. I was thinking about Vincent Jackson with the Chargers when he did the same thing in I want to say 2011. But he came back in week 10 to accrue the season credit and he walked to TB. Isn't Trent doing us a favor by not showing up and now we still have the option of deciding where he goes and can get some compensation for him in 2020?? or is there a chance of reconciliation? I mean if he wanted to be done with us Like VJ did with SD he would have shown up in week 10..

Edited by Playaction2Sanders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the big thing I wonder about Trent right now is, will we have to wait or will Williams be one of those trades everyone knows about ages before he can actually be traded

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how Williams feels about Callahan.  If Snyder got rid of Allen and made Callahan Head Coach would Williams still want out?

I think we need to let Williams go, Allen go and Callahan go.  The last two games we have not missed number 24 at all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2019 at 3:40 PM, MassSkinsFan said:

If Bruce goes away what happens to Trent?

If that happens I'd like to see Trent sign an extension with the Skins if for no other reason that it would be sticking a finger in the eye of Allen saying you lost (and show him what it feels like to be on the receiving end of pettiness).

Edited by nonniey
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2019 at 9:56 AM, hawgboy said:

Whatever he did I hope he's satisfied but as far as I'm concerned, he's not even a Redskin anymore.

Exactly how I see it..who gives two ****s what hes doing any way,

What's Cooley up to these days..wonder what sua cravens is doin now..does fred smoot still go on party boats?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2019 at 12:27 PM, veteranskinsfan said:

I wonder how Williams feels about Callahan.  If Snyder got rid of Allen and made Callahan Head Coach would Williams still want out?

I think we need to let Williams go, Allen go and Callahan go.  The last two games we have not missed number 24 at all.

Yeah, but Trent is actually good.

 

Josh not so much....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

 

...The NFI designation confirmed for Williams what he had been hearing since summer, when his holdout began during the team’s minicamp in June — that Allen was the one driving the team’s refusal to trade him. The team’s stance throughout Williams’ holdout was to fine him for his absence and withhold his salary — as allowed under the collective bargaining agreement between the league and the players’ union — in the hope that the lost income would eventually drive him back.

Williams is sure Allen didn’t want him to return this fall so the team could claim he had two years left on his contract and potentially get more value in an offseason trade. He says Allen ignored calls and messages from his agent in the days and hours before the trade deadline, hoping to trick Williams into not reporting.

 
 

“He didn’t say anything because he wanted that 4 o’clock to pass by, because if I didn’t report by 4, of course, he could challenge to keep me for two years instead of one.”

Williams sighs.

“It just goes to show you how behind the times [Allen] is, and he still tries to use that money to hold it over black athletes,” Williams says.

 

...“I just don’t understand,” he says. “In any business world, when the employer has someone who is underperforming, he finds another one. I don’t know in the last 10 years if there is a worse record [for] someone who has held their job for 10 years and performed the way they performed and still have a job. I don’t know. That would be good to look up and [see] just who else is in that company. I would be thrilled to find out.”

 

Asked for a response, Allen said: “I’m much more concerned about the Green Bay Packers than that,” referencing the team’s upcoming opponent.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

 

 

Well, that’s not neutral at all.  Although I do appreciate Al’s acknowledgment that his opinions are best viewed with a complete disregard for truth.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

 

Well, that’s not neutral at all.

 

Not sure what's driving your desire to take digs my way for the past 2 days.  But ok.  ;)

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

Not sure what's driving your desire to take digs my way for the past 2 days.  But ok.  ;)

 

Just having a little fun with you.  I appreciate what you do, SiP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.