Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

43 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

In Redskinland the correct nomenclature for this is "Winning off the field".

Herm Lewis once said "HELLO!.......You play to win the game!"

The Redskins have a far different outlook. They play to win games that only exist in the mind of an imbecile.

Winning football games is almost irrelevant in comparison as the results prove time after time. Year after year.

Agree with the comment. Small correction but it Herm Edwards who said You play to win the game (honestly not sure who Herm Lewis is.. 🙂)

Here is it will some bonus coaches rants - including Jim Mora's "Playoffs?" LOL

to me this comes down to the front office botching another one.  aint the first time, wont be the last. 

the worst part is after this. I don't see any player, unless overly paid, will want to play here. 

not a good sign when your best Olineman and captain get the shaft from the team. not a good look. no matter what. 

sbb

1 hour ago, celticsalmon said:

I do not understand the venim directed at Trent Williams. For years, he was our only Pro Bowler and so many have turned against him in favor of supporting one of Pro sport's most inept front offices.   Bruce Allen is an incompent, petty bureaucrat who serves an equally inept, "small' man owner.  They have lost all right to the benefit of doubt.  And they have lost too many of us long- time enthusiasts - as fans of the team.  Fail to the Redskins!

Exactly!  And if you just do a little search online regarding Trent, once again, we have the same story, slightly different plot scenario.  Allen is a pro at slipping information out through the media, the public domain, one way or the other, no matter who it is, if he and Dan decide that it is time to discredit that guy. it is always about setting perception of doubt through direct or indirect character assassination.   Problem is if this your go to tactic, every time, people know it is you.

The destruction of this franchise based on this tactic alone is inevitable.  Who would want to come here as a FA?  

I suspect the pendulum will be swinging the other way before long...tomorrow, next week, next month. I don't think too many here have done this, but I'd caution convincing yourself you know all you need to know to reach any conclusions. This thing will swing back and forth for a while as new info keeps coming to the surface. Always does.

giphy.gif

17 hours ago, Boss_Hogg said:

We temporarily won the name issue because of a supreme court ruling stating that "offensive" words/names are protected under the constitution. That still doesn't help, it basically says "yeah our name is racist, but so what?"

And the team name debate is far from over. The only reason why we don't hear much about it now is because the team is so ass. Watch for the protests to pick up when/if the Chiefs go deep in the playoffs. They did when the Indians were in the world series a few years ago and now the Wahoo logo is gone. 

Plus NFLSHOP.com is phasing out the team name on the Salute to Service products

image.png.0a3546427b652029dc1d1aff1949c206.png

No the the name issue was won/lost when a major opponent (The Washington Post) redid their polling of native-Americans and found out 91% still did not consider it to be an offensive term. The Supreme Court decision just stopped those opposed to the name from using government power to get their way. 

32 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I suspect the pendulum will be swinging the other way before long...tomorrow, next week, next month. I don't think too many here have done this, but I'd caution convincing yourself you know all you need to know to reach any conclusions. This thing will swing back and forth for a while as new info keeps coming to the surface. Always does

We’ve known all we need to know about Bruce for quite some time now.  There is literally nothing that can come out at this point that will

change that.  And that’s what all this boils down to, Bruce making a problem worse, per usual. 

All the did they or didn’t they stuff about the medical staff is just a side show to the main event that is Bruce’s tremendous ability to both create problems and garner less than optimal results out of existing problems.

1 hour ago, MariusVT said:

At this point, I'd laugh if they drug this out another year just because they can since he's under contract.  They clearly don't care about getting return for players with value.

Bill Horgan from Hog's Haven thinks it's a real possibility that Bruce doesn't trade him next offseason, then stash him onto the NFI without pay next year.

Trent will then be in his final year of his contract, and thus the year will not toll, and Trent will be stuck in it...

If that's really the master plan from Bruce, then that should show everyone how poor of a human being he is.

@Califan007 man... as usual you always bring intelligent debate to a conversation. But I just can’t help but think you’re looking at the opposite as to what most of us are.

Thats not to discredit your point. Trent and others health is more important than any other aspect.

But the he said/they said stuff where there is needless bickering isn’t our focus. 

What we (I say that in a general statement based on what I’m reading) are concerned with at the moment is the only semi concrete fact we have right now:

We have waited and waited for them to receive compensation for Williams and we never did. And now his value is absolutely tanking. 

The GMs job is to protect the players (and employees) first and the franchise second. He may have failed at the first, but we’ll find out. He has definitely failed at the second.

I have a suspicion that you’re attempting to rile the masses on this purposely, but even still, you can’t be missing the fact that the lack of action has tanked his value.

6 hours ago, celticsalmon said:

I do not understand the venim directed at Trent Williams. For years, he was our only Pro Bowler and so many have turned against him in favor of supporting one of Pro sport's most inept front offices.   Bruce Allen is an incompent, petty bureaucrat who serves an equally inept, "small' man owner.  They have lost all right to the benefit of doubt.  And they have lost too many of us long- time enthusiasts - as fans of the team.  Fail to the Redskins!

The problem with the bolded statement is that you are assuming that it's a mutually exclusive proposition, and it really isn't.  Taking a stance regarding one side does not mean that the opposite view must be taken with regard to the other side. 

It's just as logical for someone to turn against Trent while still despising the front office, as it is to be sympathetic to both parties or even view both sides with equal contempt.

Personally, I don't think that Trent's narrative makes a lot of sense. Maybe he's confused, maybe he's lying or maybe he just isn't that smart.  He made some serious allegations regarding his medical treatment; the team called his bluff by ordering an independent inquiry, which Trent said he doesn't want to proceed. Something ain't right there, something stinks.

But, my current negative view on Trent doesn't mean that I now see Bruce in a positive light.  The guy's an incompetent egomaniac who should have handled this way better and I really hope that this can facilitate his sacking. Like I said, it's not mutually exclusive.

5 hours ago, carex said:

Trent was a perennial Pro Bowler but there was only one year he was our only one. 

You see the Redskins as separate things, the players and the front office.  Others see only the Redskins, one entity and since Trent doesn't want to be here, then what he's done for the Skins doesn't matter.  Plus since this is a personal health issue people look at his actions and think "well I sure wouldn't handle something like this the way he did," so that can lead to a lack of sympathy or just general disagreement with him behavior

Very well articulated Carex thank you .  As a former TV sportscaster - who vowed never to get into the business side of sports -  I am still astonished that fans can't understand this as a labor issue! Trent = the worker!

1 hour ago, London Kev said:

He made some serious allegations regarding his medical treatment; the team called his bluff by ordering an independent inquiry, which Trent said he doesn't want to proceed. Something ain't right there, something stinks.

To be fair, he did not really bash anyone or said they nearly killed him or whatever. He spoke of misdiagnosis, which happens quite often in medicine. But considering the world he is in, you'd expect them to be more than competent on various subjects and not take many risks here.

But doing so, he opened the Pandora's box, as I'm pretty sure owners doesn't want someone from the outside to investigate and check how do those medical staff operates within the NFL? Are they totally independant and do what's best for the player? Or do they do what's best for the team? If the first, then they are at fault, but if that's the second then you can understand why Trent is reluctant to throwing a guy or two under the bus, because ultimately, that's not their call.

Regarding the investigation, even if that's what the team had to do, the way they asked for it really looked like: "Hey! Trent's a liar, you can come and check if you want!". Check the press release again if you want but the tone in it is not "We are open to have our medical case of Trent Williams review so we can improve and so it doesn't happen again, because we are concerned about our player's health".

Of course as you said, it isn't an exclusive proposition in this case. But everyone should also not forget who are the two guys in this story. Trent has hardly been a diva for this team and played through many injuries for this team. On the opposite you have Bruce Allen who's quick to send other guys under the bus to cover his ass. A guy that did not like the GMSM era and was jealous of it. Then the LaFemina story. And the whole Kirk saga...

Now what makes you think in this story that Bruce is not acting like he used to and not undermining's Trent version in any way?

Bruce has always been on the record saying he'll do what's best for the team. I still don't see how the course of actions are what's best for us.

1 hour ago, celticsalmon said:

Very well articulated Carex thank you .  As a former TV sportscaster - who vowed never to get into the business side of sports -  I am still astonished that fans can't understand this as a labor issue! Trent = the worker!

Yeah, and the worker is the one who needs looking out for and deserves the benefit of the doubt, in most situations. Especially when you know who the worker works for a horrendous organization. 

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Yeah, and the worker is the one who needs looking out for and deserves the benefit of the doubt, in most situations. Especially when you know who the worker works for a horrendous organization. 

sure.  But so does the rest of the team, and if the teams medical staff is the cause of his problem then him saying, "no just get me out of here, I don't want anyone fired" is him screwing over his teammates for what he wants.

Just now, carex said:

sure.  But so does the rest of the team, and if the teams medical staff is the cause of his problem then him saying, "no just get me out of here, I don't want anyone fired" is him screwing over his teammates for what he wants.

Or, he realizes the problems come from above the medical staff and wants someone else fired. 

17 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

Or, he realizes the problems come from above the medical staff and wants someone else fired. 

oh, as much as some people would like that, medical misdiagnosis is at least partly on the doctors

Even if you get the people who hired the incompetent doctors fired, the doctors are still incompetent and would need to be replaced for the problem to be completely solved

1 hour ago, Wildbunny said:

Now what makes you think in this story that Bruce is not acting like he used to and not undermining's Trent version in any way?

Bruce has always been on the record saying he'll do what's best for the team. I still don't see how the course of actions are what's best for us.

Nothing makes me think that Bruce is not acting like he used to, and that was the main point of my post.

Having an issue with Trent's version of events, in no way indicates an affinity with the front office, and vice versa.

47 minutes ago, carex said:

What a dumb way to look at it, as if he's letting criminals walk free to harm others so he can get what he wants. Doctors misdiagnose things, we don't generally criminalize that because it is human error. That doesn't mean they are dangerous to his teammates, or that he hates them (as he's made clear). He's just lost faith in the organization and wants to start a new chapter after an eye-opening health scare. His priorities have been re-aligned. And when he made that clear to the team Bruce showed his true colors. 

Stop projecting your own bull**** onto the situation just to be contrary. The dude had a giant ice cream scoop sized disk of his skull removed and probably has pictures of his own skull and brain on his phone to remind him of his mortality. It's not a hole in his story that he doesn't want the doctors who messed up fired and ruined. His beef is higher up with the organization that he feels he gave a lot for and played hurt a lot for. 

So, Trent Williams did not get a second opinion, which seems strange on its face when one is facing a cancer diagnosis, but is it?

But then again, just look at him.  By that I mean just look at his teeth -- they are the teeth of a third world person, someone who has not seen a dentist in ages and does not know what the word fluoride means.  The gaps between his adjacent teeth are humongous -- he has no need for floss, since the spacings between his teeth are huge.

Now, why would someone who is super-rich not fix that?   Invisalign, anyone?

I just think he has no interest in fixing his teeth, and also  no interest in finding out if he really had cancer or not.

Strange egg, that TW.

7 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

We’ve known all we need to know about Bruce for quite some time now.  There is literally nothing that can come out at this point that will

change that.  And that’s what all this boils down to, Bruce making a problem worse, per usual. 

All the did they or didn’t they stuff about the medical staff is just a side show to the main event that is Bruce’s tremendous ability to both create problems and garner less than optimal results out of existing problems.

I'm not talking about whether or not Bruce is a good GM and should be kept on or fired. If I was, I would have posted that in the Bruce Allen thread.

This thread is about Trent Williams, his hold out, why he held out, why he demanded a trade, all the stuff he's been saying in his recent interviews, and what roles (if any) Bruce, Dan, and the medical staff played in what went down since February. And it's sad and scary that anyone would think the "stuff about the medical staff" is nothing but a sideshow. 

9 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

What a dumb way to look at it, as if he's letting criminals walk free to harm others so he can get what he wants. Doctors misdiagnose things, we don't generally criminalize that because it is human error. That doesn't mean they are dangerous to his teammates, or that he hates them (as he's made clear). He's just lost faith in the organization and wants to start a new chapter after an eye-opening health scare. His priorities have been re-aligned. And when he made that clear to the team Bruce showed his true colors. 

Stop projecting your own bull**** onto the situation just to be contrary. The dude had a giant ice cream scoop sized disk of his skull removed and probably has pictures of his own skull and brain on his phone to remind him of his mortality. It's not a hole in his story that he doesn't want the doctors who messed up fired and ruined. His beef is higher up with the organization that he feels he gave a lot for and played hurt a lot for. 

Have you heard/read his interviews? He is in NO WAY treating the med staff's misdiagnosis as "**** like this happens all around the league". The damage he is doing (or attempting to do) to the reputation of the Skins medical staff should beg anyone to ask why he isn't doing more. When his teammates are heard saying 'Preach" in the background while he's talking about how the team's misdiagnosis almost cost him his life, you can be damn sure they aren't thinking "Yeah, but you know, it happens, that's life." I am somewhat surprised by the desire to minimize the reality of what Trent is claiming and putting out there about how the Redskins approach and mistreat the health of its players so that the focus will stay on message: "See, Bruce needs to go."

Just a thought: if the Inova medical staff is indeed its own entity as an independent contractor and not employees of the Redskins, what if Inova decides to sue Williams for slander? I'm guessing that would also be blamed on Bruce for not trading Trent...and the seriousness of what Trent is doing and saying would still be minimized and the lawsuit would just be another thing to throw on the "oh well, **** happens" pile.

2 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Well that was the introduction of the movie.

But the whole movie is about Trent vs Bruce.

And it's the driving force behind why there's a Trent vs Bruce to begin with. So it's hardly a sideshow.

Archived