Owls0325

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

41 minutes ago, Unbias said:

That will be what's up for debate. I'm sure the team will say they still have 2 years whereas his agent will say he has 1 year left. 

Both sides have lawyers and will have a legal argument, so it's not a clear cut rule. 

Don't think it really matters.  Does anyone envision a scenario where Trent is here for that last year of the contract (whether it's 2020 or 2021)?   Any value derived from him having two seasons versus one, kind of goes out of the window, when you realize Bruce just pissed off most of the same people he'll be calling this offseason.  I don't even think he'll be able to get market value at this point.  

I'd imagine the first step before arbitration would be the NFL telling us to trade him.  With that trade is going to come...a new contract.  Part of the reason Trent soured on the organization was for letting him see the back end years of his contract that contain no guaranteed money.   

At some point, all three parties (Trent's camp, Bruce, new team) are going to have to come together and agree on a new contract, and compensation to the Redskins.  The fact that Bruce is willing to agree/disagree based upon his mood, means we probably aren't going to get nearly the value we should.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, carex said:

they may not be going to the playoffs but they still got a bunch of games to protect the QB they think will get them there eventually

It would seem you your purpose is to come up with any reason to make Bruce look less silly or for others to be as silly as him.

I'm not sure what's so difficult to understand about why Trent's value dropped from where it was 6 weeks ago.  We talked about it back then.  Getting the most in a trade is about striking while the iron is hot.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, megared said:

Does anyone envision a scenario where Trent is here for that last year of the contract (whether it's 2020 or 2021)?

The only way I see Trent here beyond this year is if he considers it personal between him and Bruce and somehow (please!) Bruce is canned.  Then I could see a slight possibility of him relenting and re-signing.  Even then I would doubt he would but I don't see any other scenario where's it's remotely possible.

His interview is really confusing. (Admittedly only following via JP Finlay's twitter but lots of things don't really line up here from what he is tweeting)

He says it's crazy to play here without guaranteed money. JP Finlay makes another reference to Trent's desire for more guaranteed money in relation to the medical situation. Then quotes Trent as saying "I ain't asking them for a dime" when asked about guaranteed money solving the problem.

Trent says the organisation has treated him badly, nobody visited him in hospital etc and then says how great Snyder, owner of said organisation is, several times.

Says he had cancer, team said it was minor. 6 years. Horrible as that is, he could have got a second opinion. Not trying to defend the medical staff here but there is literally no reason a grown man cannot seek a second opinion of his own accord. He has 8 months vacation every year, he's not short of time or money.

Edited by UKskins
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

The only way I see Trent here beyond this year is if he considers it personal between him and Bruce and somehow (please!) Bruce is canned.  Then I could see a slight possibility of him relenting and re-signing.  Even then I would doubt he would but I don't see any other scenario where's it's remotely possible.

Bruce is just an extension of Dan.  If Dan didn't have the appetite for this, it'd be over already.  I think the entire relationship is poisoned.  

2 minutes ago, UKskins said:

He says it's crazy to play here without guaranteed money. JP Finlay makes another reference to Trent's desire for more guaranteed money in relation to the medical situation. Then quotes Trent as saying "I ain't asking them for a dime" when asked about guaranteed money solving the problem.

Technically, you can still ask for your current salary to become fully guaranteed without "asking for a dime".

• Thanks 1

Next week Trent will have another issue with another body part that he will want the Skins to fix.  Skins medical staff will be blamed for not fixing

a medical problem they did not know about.  Trent is playing games wth the Skins and we can understand since this franchise is clueless but if I was

a General Manager from another NFL team I would have serious doubts about wanting to sign him once he was legally available.  There are some warning

signs for these other General Managers.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

Technically, you can still ask for your current salary to become fully guaranteed without "asking for a dime".

Yeah true, the way it comes across (maybe just cuz it's twitter or I'm reading it wrong) is 'F the team, I don't want their money as the problem is not fixable' kinda deal

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, megared said:

Bruce is just an extension of Dan.  If Dan didn't have the appetite for this, it'd be over already.  I think the entire relationship is poisoned.  

Agreed, but Dan (unfortunately) isn't going anywhere.  So in answer to the original question, the only way that he could potentially stay is if his issue is with Bruce and Bruce is gone.  And now it was reported in the presser that he seems to be OK with Dan somehow, so I'm sticking to the slim possibility/hope that Bruce is gone.  That's the only way I see Trent considering staying.

Over the years, Trent has seen how some of the teams so called stars have always tried to bypass the General Manager and go straight to Snyder.

This interview sounds like he thinks the Danny will do right by him some how.  The Danny wants to be pals with the players and that undermines

the General Manager.  So the Prince of Darkness plays bad cop and deals with the agents and the Danny plays good cop with the stars of the team.

Their system is failing.  

• Like 1

This is great!

Every interview and every press conference is going to be able how Trent doesn't trust the organization, that they missed a cancer diagnosis for 6 years, and that the GM is basically a gigantic asshole.

So there you go Snyder and Allen, good job not trading this guy and bringing him back.

The Browns told you to kick rocks when you begged for that 1st rounder at the trade deadline and now Williams is going to trash you every single day someone's willing to put a mic in his face.

Buffoons. Eat it.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I invite you to walk into your employer and ask them about guaranteeing the next two years of your salary and see if they agree that is not 'asking for a dime'.

• Like 1

I get that any kind of cancer is terrifying and horrific but this particular one (DFSP) has a 98% cure rate so he was lucky in that respect.

• Like 1

There are several issues in this saga.  There are the business/football issues and there are the health issues.  Skins want to focus just on the football issues

and Trent is linking both issues it sounds like in the press conference.  A third issue is Trent's distrust of Allen which he knows Kirk Cousins had and other 

players have had in the past.