Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

1 minute ago, Peregrine said:

So clearly he wants something he clearly doesnt want, and the one thing that everyone has said is the issue isnt the issue, just because "I dont believe its about medical"

Got it 😂

https://www.12up.com/posts/report-claims-redskins-offered-immediate-assistance-to-trent-williams-after-medical-scare-01dkvp28xxq8

12 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Listen you can be delusional if you want. It's about money and it always has been about money. That and maybe he's tired of losing year after year. 

This thing smelled like a combo of problems from the get-go.  Money could have something to do with it, something like 'my guaranteed money is about up, and I've come to the conclusion this org is full of jokers that will never lead to me winning anything, and they'd clear me to play near death if it meant being 7-9 vs. 6-10, so eff em'.

43 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

I like Trent's strategy. He's letting the moron trust hang themselves. He doesn't have to do or say anything. Everyone already knows the Redskins lead the league in dysfunction.

Bruce Allen

giphy.gif

image.jpeg

But do we really?  Bruce sucks but let’s look at the Jets. Top young player calling out GM and coach after trade deadline?  We are fans of this team so we go with what we know. But I also look outside the window to see what else is going on. We aren’t even top 10 worse run, let that sit for a moment. 

Im conflicted with the terrible but bold stance the FO has taken here. On one hand I would applaud the decision to not trade him if it were any other team in the league... Just not mine. I hate the fact that guys like Paul George can force their way out of a franchise while in the middle of a new contract. I hate that it has spread to the NFL, and its only getting worse. First it was Bell, which I kind of agreed with. Then it was Antonio Brown and OBJ in the middle of contract extensions. This year Jalen Ramsey and Trent Williams. They signed the contracts, they should have to honor those agreements. It will only get worse from here if players can hold out for more money, get more money, then handcuff the team with trade demands or in our case more money. 

This is only going to get uglier, and I expect the league will come down hard on Trent in arbitration. Best case for us now, is that they may not honor the year. In any case, It was clear from the start that this had nothing to do with the medical staff, but wanting one more pay raise, and holding the team hostage to get it. I lost all my respect for him for this charade. It doesnt absolve Bruce or Dan for the mess that followed, as I would have traded him to Houston in a heartbeat. But IF the thought is that the FO is holding firm on this to make a point that holding a team hostage like this is not acceptable, then I can understand it. Unfortunately, even if the league does not honor the year and Trent continues to have 2 years left on his contract by the end of the season, I dont see any possibility that he can net a return like that of the Tunsil deal.

26 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'm 100% certain that if we were to go back through the 328 pages of this very thread, you're tilted on the side of Trent's an a-hole, lying about his medical issue, an idiot for how he's handled it, etc.  I know this for a fact, because we've tangled on it.  So please spare me this innocence where I'm attacking you or following you around. 

As for talking out of both sides of your mouth, you even quasi-admitted it just the other day in another thread - that taking the side of ownership when it comes to contracts goes against everything you believe in, but you do it anyways - because of the salary cap.  A salary cap, mind you, that every single team has to abide by.  

You're wrong, you won't find me trashing Trent or saying he is lying or calling him an idiot, why not just search my posts before you make that statement. My posts are all question based because so much of this situation has been hidden and nobody really knows what happened.

As for me "feeling like a hypocrite" yes, I'm tired of putting my hands in players pockets and I mentioned I wish they would significantly raise the cap so as fans we didn't have to do that.

The reason I feel hypocritical is based on what I do for a living it has nothing to do with anything else.

I don't know why you feel you have to police these boards and shove your thoughts down everyone's throats.  Why do you need me to agree with you across the board? I find it strange.

I don't agree with people just to be part of the gang, sorry.

48 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Kinda cute how you can just make things up and ignore every single thing thats ever been said about this in favor of just drinking the Brucey Kool-aid.  At absolutely every turn its been said its about the medical situation, how he was treated and how he felt they would put his life in danger in favor of a few games.  At no point has it ever been said to be about money from Trent's side, and its pretty obvious its not because he just gave away 6 million dollars to make his point.  If its about the money, then why wasnt it about the money?  

Some people......

The Redskins don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt because they’ve gotten so many other things wrong in other areas. I get it.  That said, I think in this specific situation Trent’s holdout IS primarily about money.  He wants an extension and pay raise.  He’s betting he can make up the money he lost this year in an extension based on current LT market prices. He probably wishes he didn’t sign as long of an extension as he originally did as average prices per year at his position have gone up. 

Joe Banner advocates that premier players sign shorter extensions for this very reason. 

Do I think the medical scare could’ve played a role in Trent wanting his contract changed ... sure.  But to assume money has no role in his current position is probably naive. 

10 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

If so, I bet that also has something to do with the Browns season going south.  Earlier in the season clearly they thought that they'd have a good year and their pick would be in the 20s somewhere.   But in the last couple of weeks that narrative changed so their first comes off much more valuable now. 

Bruce likely blew it by not trading then.  He's be sitting on a likely top 10 pick now.  I know some here think the Browns are ready to get on a roll.  Maybe.  But I wouldn't count it on for sure.

I was just listening to Standig who has been the most sympathetic to Bruce's position.  His take is even if the bigger offers were on the table then -- he doesn't think Bruce misplayed it because he was thinking the trade value would be better over time.  His theory is early in the season they thought Trent still might come back and they thought they were headed to the playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If so, I bet that also has something to do with the Browns season going south.  Earlier in the season clearly they thought that they'd have a good year and their pick would be in the 20s somewhere.   But in the last couple of weeks that narrative changed so their first comes off much more valuable now. 

Bruce likely blew it by not trading then.  He's be sitting on a likely top 10 pick now.  I know some here think the Browns are ready to get on a roll.  Maybe.  But I wouldn't count it on for sure.

I was just listening to Standig who has been the most sympathetic to Bruce's position.  His take is even if the bigger offers were on the table then -- he doesn't think Bruce misplayed it by thinking the trade value would be better over time.  His theory is they thought Trent still might come back and they thought they were headed to the playoffs. 

As soon as we started 0-3 the towel should have been waived and we should have traded Williams. The Browns were 1-2 then so they were still very much likely to trade for him.

As usual this organization has ZERO foresight or critical thinking skills.

10 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

I dont believe that for a second. They spent the last 2-3 weeks saying they wouldnt move a 1st because of the OBJ trade. Sounds like trying to save face. Cleveland is going at best 6-10 this year and heads are going to roll. If the man felt that strongly about Trent, he would have made a move. He was trepidatious with the offer ( and probably rightfully so) and now will have to accept the reality of a young franchise qb taking alot of hits from here on out, and a no.1 wr mouthing off to the media and testing the will of the FO.

Regardless of who is the hero or villain in this situation it is sad that it appears that neither party acted like reasonable adults.  There should have been numerous non-emotional meetings between Williams agent & the Skins FO starting rt after Williams expressed his complaints.   That is what I would do if I had a huge issue with my employer - not sit quietly and mope & hope that the employer will simply grant my wishes.  Of course some of this may be going on, but we will never know since neither party shares anything with anyone (I don't believe that Williams is obligated to share in this situation but it would help his case, and the Redskins while not obligated would certainly gain some cred with their fans if they share things somewhat).

As for the team - they should be making a reasonable effort to keep the player happy - especially since he is one of the most valuable players on the team.  Yes - I realize that Williams is under contract & should honor it.  However why not at least have numerous discussions early on to try to remedy the situation & set the stage for well thought out, meaningful dialogue?  If it goes nowhere both parties should agree early that Williams should be traded.  Some will say that is just caving in to players & setting a bad precedent.  That might be true for another reputable organization, but this FO would lose little in terms of credibility & I believe that most players would realize that this is a unique situation.  I see no value in letting a holdout sit all season while his trade value diminishes.

Regardless of Williams' intent it appears that Allen is cutting off his nose to spite his face & this latest move could be a disaster in terms of PR & the move that puts many fans over the edge.  If Allen operated in an unemotional, reasonable manor he would no doubt have handled this differently.  At worst case they should have aggressively tried to move Williams after week 1 or 2.  I have no doubt at that time they would received much more than  they are going to get this offseason.

22 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but Clev didn't trade for any LT at the deadline so the NEED is still there in the off season. Nothing has changed really...Trent will STILL be Trade bait in March. ES was asking for a 1st and a Player...that's funny..you condemn the FO for doing your bidding...

I want to see how this plays out on accrual. Lets see some hard ball so in the OS Trent will still have 2 full contract years as trade value.

1 hour ago, Peregrine said:

Uuuuuh yes we do.  Why wouldnt he, because you super dont want him to?

if he reports but refuses to plays is that really reporting?  Even one of the mods here, MartinC thinks that should result in him remaining on the Did Not Report list

https://es.redskins.com/topic/428387-0mgz-trent-williams-finally-showed-up/?page=318&tab=comments#comment-11629423

33 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

So all week the media was adamant it was only a 2nd. They day after, with fans host someone In The media runs with this?  Sounds like damage control from the Browns to sift blame. I need to find a way to profit from gullible sports fans and sports journalists who run with stories to keep sources happy. True or not. 

32 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

You're wrong, you won't find me trashing Trent or saying he is lying or calling him an idiot, why not just search my posts before you make that statement. My posts are all question based because so much of this situation has been hidden and nobody really knows what happened.

I never said you 'trashed' Trent but your 'questions' are always colored to where it's Trent's problem in one way or another.  I personally don't care enough nor do I think anyone else does, to go hunting through 300+ pages of this thread.  But I think we both know that what I'm saying is true, that you have been critical of Trent's role in managing his health and this situation going way back to when this whole thing started.  

36 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

As for me "feeling like a hypocrite" yes, I'm tired of putting my hands in players pockets and I mentioned I wish they would significantly raise the cap so as fans we didn't have to do that.

Significantly raising the cap might help the players, but it doesn't change the fact that every team still has to work with the same cap.  Bad teams are still going to be bad teams no matter the size of the cap.

38 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I don't know why you feel you have to police these boards and shove your thoughts down everyone's throats. 

Yes, god forbid that I post my thoughts on a public forum.  If you don't like reading them, there's an ignore option.  

40 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Why do you need me to agree with you across the board? I find it strange.

I don't need you for anything.  I find it strange that you would even type that.  But if you make posts on a public forum, it's my right to respond.  

42 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I don't agree with people just to be part of the gang, sorry.

Ummm, me neither.  I've been 'attacked' and 'followed' around here more than you, that is for certain.

34 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was just listening to Standig who has been the most sympathetic to Bruce's position.  His take is even if the bigger offers were on the table then -- he doesn't think Bruce misplayed it by thinking the trade value would be better over time.  His theory is they thought Trent still might come back and they thought they were headed to the playoffs. 

I doubt this. I think its more likely that he had hoped Trent would back to protect his biggest investment, Haskins.

could be he's all about the contract ... in which case he's a bum

could be that he's upset about the medical staff ... in which case there would be a malpractice suit ... which there isn't ... so that's clearly not a good reason for anything

thinking he's a bum ... already rich ... too busy getting high ... and no longer interested in working unless he can hit an even higher jackpot

no love here ... he blew drug tests that are reportedly 100% avoidable ... he missed games ... he quit but still wants to be paid ... trade him ASAP

Archived