Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

4 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Trent screwed his teammates. The end. Stop doing mental gymnastics to make Williams look like some hero. As many other people have said, it doesn’t absolve the teams handling of the situation, so take a deep breath and remember that you can still hate Bruce Allen at the same time.

Take a deep breath? You can't be serious.  I've called this thing from the get-go and DanBruce rendered me emotionless about this team long ago, so I've got no skin in this game.  Now you on the other hand...

Last I checked, you're supposed to be leading the parade that Bruce is an idiot, because he didn't trade Trent by the deadline.  Color me shocked, that you've found a way to flip it where there are other bad guys.  Typical Snyderitis.

There are many more people than the 'many other people' you're talking about that find ZERO fault to Trent.  He has his reasons for wanting out, and put everything on the table almost half a calendar year ago.  Since that time, he's not said or done anything to be a detriment to his teammates.  Not one teammate, even anonymously, has come out and had anything negative to say about what Trent is doing.  That is very, very telling for anyone willing to listen.  

36 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

The guy is a hero in my book and I love him even more now.

A hero for what, not showing up or trying to quit?

I don't have a problem with Trent but a hero would have stepped up to the mic and called the FO out for what it is, he's not helping this team and he's no hero.

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Easy.

For playing hardball with the jackass that is Bruce Allen and providing a national platform for his ineptitude.

I always find it odd when fans will admit that the team is dysfunctional and ran by classless imbeciles, but hold it against employees of the organization that want to get out.  Part of me wonders if it's jealousy that the employees can craft a way out and we're just stuck in our fandom because of what turns out to be a rather bad decision from when we were kids.

Trent won.  Gets a year of credited service with NFL, collects good dough for the remainder of the year, missed the disaster of the first half of season and spared his body.  There are no heroes or villains- just winners and losers.  Trent won- Bruce lost.

11 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I don't have a problem with Trent but a hero would have stepped up to the mic and called the FO out for what it is, he's not helping this team and he's no hero.

I like Trent's strategy. He's letting the moron trust hang themselves. He doesn't have to do or say anything. Everyone already knows the Redskins lead the league in dysfunction.

Bruce Allen

giphy.gif

image.jpeg

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Easy.

For playing hardball with the jackass that is Bruce Allen and providing a national platform for his ineptitude.

I always find it odd when fans will admit that the team is dysfunctional and ran by classless imbeciles, but hold it against employees of the organization that want to get out.  Part of me wonders if it's jealousy that the employees can craft a way out and we're just stuck in our fandom because of what turns out to be a rather bad decision from when we were kids.

I find it odd you're so obsessive-compulsive in your posts.

I said I have nothing against Trent but he's not a hero and if you feel he is then fine that's your opinion I just think its an idiotic one.

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Easy.

How is holding out for more money heroic?  Window dressing aside, doesn’t it seem like that’s the case here?

Bruce’s stance is we don’t extend with two years left on a deal, and we’re not going to reward you for letting us know your stance after we lost our best chance to plan and replace you (post-draft and post-free agency).  If the Skins cave, there’ll be a line out the door of additional & future players.

Plenty to be frustrated about with the organization, but as they say, it’s always about the money...

1 minute ago, Andre The Giant said:

How is holding out for more money heroic?  

Multiple reports indicate this has zero to do with money. Hence why Trent was okay with accruing game fines from the team. The issue is much deeper and looks like it can't be fixed, even with more money

Just now, JSSkinz said:

I find it odd you're so obsessive-compulsive in your posts.

I said I have nothing against Trent but he's not a hero and if you feel he is then fine that's your opinion I just think its an idiotic one.

I find it odd that you tend to take a very hypocritical stance in practically every scenario that has to do with a player vs. the team.  Out of one side of your mouth, you'll admit this place is a dumpster fire or that taking the owners side goes against everything you believe in.  Out the other side of your mouth, you'll find reasons to make the players at minimum share fault for how things go down.  Snyderitis is real.

6 minutes ago, Csup said:

Trent won.  Gets a year of credited service with NFL, collects good dough for the remainder of the year, missed the disaster of the first half of season and spared his body.  There are no heroes or villains- just winners and losers.  Trent won- Bruce lost.

you don't know he's going to get that year of service

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I find it odd that you tend to take a very hypocritical stance in practically every scenario that has to do with a player vs. the team.  Out of one side of your mouth, you'll admit this place is a dumpster fire or that taking the owners side goes against everything you believe in.  Out the other side of your mouth, you'll find reasons to make the players at minimum share fault for how things go down.  Snyderitis is real.

I don't know what happened with Trent, I haven't said anything is Trent's fault, I started the post by saying I don't have an issue with Trent.  My issue was that he was called a hero.

How am I talking out of both sides of my mouth or is this related to Kirk in some way?

What is your problem dude, if you have one PM me and we can handle it that way, you're like a dog in heat running through my neighborhood with the red thing hanging out, go away.

4 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

How is holding out for more money heroic?  Window dressing aside, doesn’t it seem like that’s the case here?

No, actually nothing suggests this is about holding out for more money.  The guy lost millions holding out.

That said, I guess 'hero' is a bit of a stretch, to the literal meaning of the word.  But what he's doing, further making Bruce a bigger punchline than he already is, is certainly worthy of recognition.

The bottom line here is that we the fans got ****ed by all parties. TW ****ed us by announcing his holdout at the least opportune time and then BA ****ed us by being an ignorant egomaniac and letting this situation play out it's worst case scenario... hate to bring up Cousins, but exactly like that. The amount of draft picks or pieces that we've missed out on due to BA's lack of foresight is baffling. 

The worst part is that the way we've been drafting lately, we could have certainly had another couple quality players. 

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

I don't know what happened with Trent, I haven't said anything is Trent's fault, I started the post by saying I don't have an issue with Trent.  My issue was that he was called a hero.

How am I talking out of both sides of my mouth or is this related to Kirk in some way?

What is your problem dude, if you have one PM me and we can handle it that way, you're like a dog in heat running through my neighborhood with the red thing hanging out, go away.

I'm 100% certain that if we were to go back through the 328 pages of this very thread, you're tilted on the side of Trent's an a-hole, lying about his medical issue, an idiot for how he's handled it, etc.  I know this for a fact, because we've tangled on it.  So please spare me this innocence where I'm attacking you or following you around. 

As for talking out of both sides of your mouth, you even quasi-admitted it just the other day in another thread - that taking the side of ownership when it comes to contracts goes against everything you believe in, but you do it anyways - because of the salary cap.  A salary cap, mind you, that every single team has to abide by.  

11 minutes ago, carex said:

you don't know he's going to get that year of service

Actually I do.  

What constitutes an accrued season?

Six or more regular-season games on a club's active/inactive, reserved/injured or reserve/physically unable to perform lists.

28 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Not to mention he's under contract and refusing to play. He showed up to get his credited year and now won't play. He shouldn't be able to get that credited year if he doesn't play. That's bs if you ask me. The guy signed a contract and knew what he was signing up for when he signed that contract. As far as I'm concerned he can **** off. 

Trent is neither a hero nor a villain to me. For him to be a hero, he'd have to speak up and explain clearly why he refuses to play for the team.

For him to be a villain, I guess he sort of tricked the team? Maybe, but not really? I mean, if a guy is riding on a steam roller going 1 MPH for 5 months, and you stand in it's path, staring at it for 5 months and eventually get rolled by it, is the driver really a murderer?

BoringRawFlicker-max-1mb.gif

22 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Bruce’s stance is we don’t extend with two years left on a deal, and we’re not going to reward you for letting us know your stance after we lost our best chance to plan and replace you (post-draft and post-free agency).  If the Skins cave, there’ll be a line out the door of additional & future players.

Plenty to be frustrated about with the organization, but as they say, it’s always about the money...

Kinda cute how you can just make things up and ignore every single thing thats ever been said about this in favor of just drinking the Brucey Kool-aid.  At absolutely every turn its been said its about the medical situation, how he was treated and how he felt they would put his life in danger in favor of a few games.  At no point has it ever been said to be about money from Trent's side, and its pretty obvious its not because he just gave away 6 million dollars to make his point.  If its about the money, then why wasnt it about the money?  

Some people......

11 minutes ago, CTskin said:

The bottom line here is that we the fans got ****ed by all parties. TW ****ed us by announcing his holdout at the least opportune time and then BA ****ed us by being an ignorant egomaniac and letting this situation play out it's worst case scenario... hate to bring up Cousins, but exactly like that. The amount of draft picks or pieces that we've missed out on due to BA's lack of foresight is baffling. 

The worst part is that the way we've been drafting lately, we could have certainly had another couple quality players. 

That's exactly how I feel. If Trent had started the season, he'd be injured by now anyway.  **** um all.

4 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Kinda cute how you can just make things up and ignore every single thing thats ever been said about this in favor of just drinking the Brucey Kool-aid.  At absolutely every turn its been said its about the medical situation, how he was treated and how he felt they would put his life in danger in favor of a few games.  At no point has it ever been said to be about money from Trent's side, and its pretty obvious its not because he just gave away 6 million dollars to make his point.  If its about the money, then why wasnt it about the money?  

Some people......

Sorry I don't believe it's about medical situation. You can if you want, but even Peterson said a week ago that he thinks the Skins could do one thing to bring Trent back. I wonder what that is. He clearly wants more money and that's what it's always been about. The medical situation just makes it look like he isn't all about money, but he clearly is. 6 millions is nothing when you get another 30 guaranteed.

4 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Trent is neither a hero nor a villain to me. For him to be a hero, he'd have to speak up and explain clearly why he refuses to play for the team.

For him to be a villain, I guess he sort of tricked the team? Maybe, but not really? I mean, if a guy is riding on a steam roller going 1 MPH for 5 months, and you stand in it's path, staring at it for 5 months and eventually get rolled by it, is the driver really a murderer?

BoringRawFlicker-max-1mb.gif

We don't agree very often, but this is gold.

3 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Not to mention he's under contract and refusing to play. He showed up to get his credited year and now won't play. He shouldn't be able to get that credited year if he doesn't play. That's bs if you ask me. The guy signed a contract and knew what he was signing up for when he signed that contract. As far as I'm concerned he can **** off. 

Oh reaalllyy??

So you talked to Trent and he told you he was refusing to play?  Because he hasnt said that anywhere else, and thats an insane take on it showing no knowledge of league rules or contracts.  I mean, if Trent could actually pull off violating the leagues rules and just refuse to play every game while still making Dan pay him and Bruce a chump, the man is a damn hero of heroes.

Just now, Peregrine said:

Oh reaalllyy??

So you talked to Trent and he told you he was refusing to play?  Because he hasnt said that anywhere else, and thats an insane take on it showing no knowledge of league rules or contracts.  I mean, if Trent could actually pull off violating the leagues rules and just refuse to play every game while still making Dan pay him and Bruce a chump, the man is a damn hero of heroes.

Listen you can be delusional if you want. It's about money and it always has been about money. That and maybe he's tired of losing year after year. 

1 minute ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Sorry I don't believe it's about medical situation. You can if you want, but even Peterson said a week ago that he thinks the Skins could do one thing to bring Trent back. I wonder what that is. He clearly wants more money and that's what it's always been about. The medical situation just makes it look like he isn't all about money, but he clearly is.

So clearly he wants something he clearly doesnt want, and the one thing that everyone has said is the issue isnt the issue, just because "I dont believe its about medical"

Got it 😂

Archived