Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

10 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

They like their stars. Trent is Bruce’s first 1st round pick. I don’t think he wants his Hall of Fame first rounder walking out the door...

Have you forgotten that this is a 1-7 team?  What would guaranteeing Trent 2+ seasons, and a boatload of money, do to help us on the field?

It's not like we haven't seen what happens when this team signs guys at or near the tail end of their prime....

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It’s a business. Trent tried to power play his way out with his timing. Bruce wanted to punish him so he held off trading him. Trent isn’t stupid and wants to accrue a year so he doesn’t get stuck in purgatory forever. 

Trent will take at least 2-4 weeks to get to in game shape, that takes us to week 12. I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets a legitimate injury that is grossly over exaggerated and he doesn’t play a single down this year AND he gets his year and the Skins get nothing.

Morally it’s a different story. But from a business perspective Trent played this completely correctly and the Skins botched it.

Yeah I've dealt with contracts in business but I am no business lawyer. I'd figure he'd be in breach of contract unless his agent knows of a loophole relating to his health.

Well, will see.  Maybe Trent is determined to provide some show down entertainment for the fans to liven up the dreary season.  Like Costanza maybe it will be a series of things to irritate the powers that be. 

19 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Morally it’s a different story. But from a business perspective Trent played this completely correctly and the Skins botched it.

Not supporting Trent doesnt mean I support Bruce, but I cant support Trent on what hes doing here.  It working out in his favor is a different question, but what's to stop another player from doing something like this?

A few years ago wasn't Gordon due to be a FA after suspension and ended up suspended another game and Cleveland kept him another year?  If Trent did something I think they could suspend him for detriment to the team.  I dont see how he doesn't play and gets 6 games accrued.

7 minutes ago, megared said:

Have you forgotten that this is a 1-7 team?  What would guaranteeing Trent 2+ seasons, and a boatload of money, do to help us on the field?

It's not like we haven't seen what happens when this team signs guys at or near the tail end of their prime....

He’s a legit hall of famer playing a vital position. You don’t go from 1-7 to respectability by cutting core players. Plus they need the stench of this whole debacle to go away. 

He has plenty left in the tank and even if he doesn’t we waste money on one of our homegrown guys for once. It’s not like they aren’t going to waste it anyway.

15 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

I know that PFT article brought up the Joey Galloway situation from a few years ago  but didn't Galloway play that year?

PFT is just regurgitating the same stuff they wrote for the Bell holdout.

Roster exemption issue looms over Le’Veon Bell’s return

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/02/roster-exemption-issue-looms-over-leveon-bells-return/

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He’s a legit hall of famer playing a vital position. You don’t go from 1-7 to respectability by cutting core players. Plus they need the stench of this whole debacle to go away. 

He has plenty left in the tank and even if he doesn’t we waste money on one of our homegrown guys for once. It’s not like they aren’t going to waste it anyway.

It's time. 

Part of nurturing and fostering goodwill is done by working with valued employees to execute their wishes.  

This is akin to solving marital issues by having a baby.  

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Now Bruce can go medieval on him: I’m shocked Trent is doing this.

Maybe this was from earlier and I’m behind. But horrible for Trent’s reputation. Not smart.

Trent's showing what he'll do when pissed.  That'll make fewer teams interested

In the end, this is just going to make a bad organization look even worse.  Trent has been the best player on the team for a decade. He's played hurt and he never complains.  I don't think we really know what he's mad about.  Maybe he's taken too many blows to the head and isn't rational.  Maybe something really bad happened.  In any case, when he demanded to be traded, he should have been shown respect.  He shouldn't be lumped in with the other hundreds of players who have come and gone without making any impact.  Trent could have been traded for a fair return in the off season without it becoming a precedent for everyone else who wants out.  Trent deserves special treatment because no one else on the team has done anything that comes close to what Trent has done for the Redskins.

Bruce is a knucklehead.  Miami can lose all its games this year and look like geniuses. Micah Fitzpatrick wanted out after one year of playing for the Dolphins so they work a deal that makes everyone happy.  Trent wants out after nine amazing years and idiot Bruce refuses to even listen to offers from other teams.  I wonder how other players view the Skins when they continuously see their top players trying to get out.

3 minutes ago, mcgraw238 said:

I love anyone that wages war with Bruce & Dan at this point, which includes Trent. Nothing but love to TW. 

With the team and fans as collateral damage?  I dont believe hed save the season, but I wouldnt want players going full revolt jus to spite the front office.  What, do we want the whole team to forfeit every game to kill ticket sales for them?

13 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Now Bruce can go medieval on him: I’m shocked Trent is doing this.

Maybe this was from earlier and I’m behind. But horrible for Trent’s reputation. Not smart.

You really thought he was gonna play for this organization?  He can report and this season counts as year of service time.  The Redskins front office is full of bozos.

7 minutes ago, Rypienskinz said:

this is why Trent doesn’t have value. Seriously,  the dude can’t even speak for himself. Only through figure heads. He is no better than Bruce. I hope they make him suffer. 

Bizarre post, Trent is a saint and deserves to be rid of this mess along with Kerrigan. They've suffered long enough lol

6 minutes ago, carex said:

Trent's showing what he'll do when pissed.  That'll make fewer teams interested

I think working with Bruce is enough of a barrier to getting a deal done.  

Trent hasn't said one word.  And everyone knew that this was the only way in which he could exercise his leverage.  Be mad at the CBA, be mad at the other teams that set the precedent...but he told the front office exactly what he wanted, and what he was going to do in order to get it. 

It'd make absolutely zero sense for him to cower from that.   

Oh and now, you have an extra party to accommodate in any future trade talks...because if he doesn't want to go, he can refuse to do an extension.  

Just now, -JB- said:

You really thought he was gonna play for this organization?  He can report and this season counts as year of service time.  The Redskins front office is full of bozos.

Trent may have be about to redefine some NFL jargon in a way that goes against the players.  That's not that smart either

11 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Bizarre post, Trent is a saint and deserves to be rid of this mess along with Kerrigan. They've suffered long enough lol

The guy has been suspended, uses others to speak for him, and reporting now proves it was about money. I mean seriously?  I stopped idolizing pro athletes when I was around 15. It has been reported Trent was made appointments for his growth and then skipped them. Last I checked doctors have some pretty strict guidelines and ethics to follow by state and federal laws. If they really did wrong by him, someone would have been punished. OPINION:  Wouldn’t  surprise me Trent wanted medical marijuana and the team said no. Just an OPINION Guess it depends on definition of a saint. 

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

With the team and fans as collateral damage?  I dont believe hed save the season, but I wouldnt want players going full revolt jus to spite the front office.  What, do we want the whole team to forfeit every game to kill ticket sales for them?

No one has caused more damage to this franchise than Snyder. Anything that keeps the sunshine on the front office is fine by me...It's the incompetence of RG3's dancing bowling buddy that has killed ticket sales and caused FedEx field to be a home game for every visiting team. If that makes me a lesser fan than those that shill for the front office, then so be it. I've got Trent's back. 

1 minute ago, carex said:

Trent may have be about to redefine some NFL jargon in a way that goes against the players.  That's not that smart either

Stop it.  No he isn't. 

If we go down the list of all of the things to be worked out in a new CBA, protecting the 1% of worst GMs from idiotic, self destructive decisions would probably be right below concussion settlements for former players on priorities.  And considering how they wouldn't even play the game and field offers from other teams, I seriously doubt the same group of people are going to care about Dan & Bruce's hurt feelings.  

Everyone knew this was a possibility.  Only the Redskins have made it a reality.  Just like franchise tagging a QB twice.  

3 minutes ago, Rypienskinz said:

The guy has been suspended, uses others to speak for him, and reporting now proves it was about money. Guess it depends on definition of a saint. 

Uses others to speak for him?  Like a person who speaks for someone?  Like a spokesperson?  Or Trent is someone who doesn't like to stir the pot and has let Bruce make a complete ass of himself while he literally says and does nothing but silently protest?

Please, remind me what he's used others to say?  And remind me why a guy would lose a ton of money in order to prove that it's not about money?  And why would people want to get paid?  And what good would it do him to not report?  And what did the team do to handle this situation, or any other, well?

You're right.  What a d-bag.  Thanks for opening my eyes versus what we've seen the guy do for nearly a decade for this team.  I can't believe I was so fooled. :eyeroll:

9 minutes ago, Rypienskinz said:

The guy has been suspended, uses others to speak for him, and reporting now proves it was about money. Guess it depends on definition of a saint. 

A little bit of hash doesn't undermine everything he's done for the organization to me. Reporting now doesn't prove that it was about money. It proves it's still important but I bet if our front office wasn't a clown show this wouldn't be happening. I believe he will not play for the Redskins again even if they offered a heavy contract. 

Archived