Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

I wanna know what everyone's reaction will be if in 24 hours we have 2 extra 1's and like 2 2's...of course meaning some others players had been dealt..what would our thoughts on bruce be then/than?

That he finally did one part of his job right instead of acting like an uniformed jackass.  It's what he does with those picks in the draft that matters.  Hopefully, he will be gone and we will have an actual GM that knows what they are doing making the picks.  But that won't happen :(

This reeks of a PR stunt.  They know they're about to get crucified for not listening to any offers, so they're putting it out there that they're willing to make a deal.  Expect to hear this after the deadline:

Bruce: "As was reported, we tried to move Trent, but no one met our asking price.  We'll see what happens this off-season."

11 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I wanna know what everyone's reaction will be if in 24 hours we have 2 extra 1's and like 2 2's...of course meaning some others players had been dealt..what would our thoughts on bruce be then/than?

That Bruce is still a blithering idiot, and a snake in the grass.  But thankful he at least got something out of the deal like any monkey with a cymbal could have done.

5 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Just as a reminder from the previous Trent to the Browns chatter.

Njoku would be a nice addition at TE.  His injury that put him on IR was a broken wrist, pretty sure he can bounce back from that easily.   Don't know much about Wiggins, other than it appears he ticked off the coaches (from an article I read).  Given our current situation and Reeds future in question, I think that's a decent trade for a player that has stated he will never play here again.

Use both first round picks on a LT and a guard and build the line back up.  

5 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

What I don't get about that, Njoku was on IR at the time of that.  You can't trade players who are injured right?

Yeh I don't know what the rule is there, but do recall that being pointed out at the time.

I like the idea of Denzel Ward and or Higgins from the Browns.

My fear is Bruce wants a high pick to then make a stupid follow up trade for a player.

edit....just read above posts on that rule thanks.

8 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

browns for their first and Denzel Ward or Njoku/Higgins

Vikings for their second and Stefon Diggs

I don't think any of those is realistic. Browns #1 is a potential top 10 pick. Would be an amazing return though.

Kind of odd to decide they are willing to trade him with only 24hrs left until trade deadline.  HTTRDynasty may be onto something with the PR stunt theory.  But maybe it'll increase the offers due to teams trying to get him before time runs out.  Hoping to get some decent return for a great player who is unwilling to play here again but also tempering my expectations.

21 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I don’t think many will be impressed that he’s months behind 97% of ESers. 

32 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I think I will be a little relieved that we got something (unlike in the Cousins' debacle), a little sad to see a long time 'skin go on such bad terms, and a little hopeful that the next GM or even the current draft group (which has done pretty well) can do something.

I doubt I would be doubtful that it took so long as I don't think any pick or player could have salvaged THIS year. I would openly question if we could have got a bigger haul especially given the light of the bounty a substantially worse LT got before the season started.

47 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If it's a player they want badly, it would fit the win now motif .  Standig referred to them liking to get a player in the mix of a deal, too.  Wondering about Howard?  There was a mention weeks back the Redskins were poking around on him.  And he's Alabama.  And Jay revealed in an interview years back that they had him rated highly.

Another F.O. nearly as bad as ours. They use a top 20 pick on an elite In line+Move TE, then hire a coach who has never used TE's, proceed to not use said TE, then want anything and everything for him. Funny. 

FTR, I would trade Silverback for Howard and a 2nd. Doubt they would. 

Archived