Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

44 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Wanting to keep Kerrigan so he can retire a Redskin is so laughable and is a great microcosm of how stupid this organization is. If you can fetch any sort of return for him you trade him. He's a 30 year old declining player. Accelerate your rebuild. Allowing Kerrigan to retire a Redskin while he gets stonewalled 1 on 1 by every decent OT and continues to bite hard on play fakes is just ridiculous. But hey, this is the Redskins we're talking about, we don't operate within the realm of logic and reason.

Exactly. And passing on young cause of Kerrigan or because they botched trents situation is going to create a ong lasting bitterness. 

I mean Kerrigan can always return here and do one of those "sign a 1 day contract and retire a Redskin" type deals. I got nothing but love for Kerrigan and the rest of Redskin Nation feels the same. He doesn't need to waste away the end of his career here. Lets get some draft picks for him and give him a chance to win a Lombardi somewhere else.

Kerrigan wouldn't even to have to uproot his family if traded to Baltimore, who has been calling.  He'd be on a superior team, with better management and coaching, and a realistic shot at playing very meaningful games in the twilight of his career.  

So for those who care about Ryan Kerrigan, the team is doing him a disservice by holding onto him.

1 hour ago, carex said:

the Giants point is true, but didn't he list the Skins as a potential landing spot before free agency?

He idolized Sean Taylor and grew up a Redskins fans.  Collins is a rare player who did actually want to play here.    I posted somewhere an article about where agents like to see their players end up -- and nope the Redskins didn't make the cut.  Having said that in FA above all money talks.

1 hour ago, carex said:

I thought the rumor was they thought the  color rush was ugly. 

Yeah I recall the rumor.  rumor though doesn't mean fact.  It could be multiple reasons.   The idea that Bruce is really into uniforms have been said by multiple people who cover the team -- Bruce himself has given that away in some of his interviews.  Personally I don't care one way or another about the uniforms. 

So the Jets unload Leonard Williams to the Giants of all teams.  I get Gettleman wants to develop a stud D line and O line.  I haven't agreed with all of his moves but he's arguably had one of the better 2018 drafts and thus far 2019, too.

I don't know. The Giants are doing a lot of the right things. I think Jones was a reach at 6, for sure. Hindsight says you don't go QB there if you're them. But he's made some excellent moves that put the franchise first.

But I'm also a guy who was all in with the Raiders trading Mack for the haul they got and cutting down salary cap given how much Mack signed for. I thought it was brilliant. That team wasn't on the precipice. So why not use an asset to retool your roster to be competitive rather than holding onto that asset just because? It's entirely possible Mack wouldn't have even re-upped there. Who knows.

Trading Odell was a fantastic move by the Giants. 

I've agreed more than I've disagreed with their moves.

The one good thing about the Williams trade is that is just another data point/example of what one can expect to get for player on the last year of his contract. If Williams shows up (and I think he will) this season to get his year accrued then there is no way in hell the Redskins can expect to get a 1st for him.  Would Bruce be willing to lose that much face - at that point (The proof of him being an inept fool would then be there in black and white)?  I doubt it, so expect to see a repeat next year of the Williams situation.

1 hour ago, Hooper said:

When players like Chase Young start making it clear they won't play for the Skins if drafted by them, don't be surprised.

And I won't blame them for a second.

If The Redskins Don't Trade Trent Williams The NFL Should Step In And Force Changes

The Skins need a complete rebuild. A complete overhaul. And they won’t do it. They are sticking with the status-quo. It’s disgusting. It’s pathetic. And I don’t blame a single player for not wanting to play here. Like, if our next draft pick pulled an Eli Manning and refused to play for the Skins, nobody would blame him. I hope it happens. Anything to cause embarrassment to Lil Dan Dan on a national level. Because after 20 years, enough is enough. Nobody should be forced to play for this god forsaken team. But Dan should be forced to sell the team.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/dmv/if-the-redskins-dont-trade-trent-williams-the-nfl-should-step-in-and-force-changes

5 minutes ago, nonniey said:

23 of 26. He had no problems with his passing against us.

his completion rate was good but a huge chunk of his yardage was YAC

47 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He idolized Sean Taylor and grew up a Redskins fans.  Collins is a rare player who did actually want to play here.    I posted somewhere an article about where agents like to see their players end up -- and nope the Redskins didn't make the cut.  Having said that in FA above all money talks.

Yeah I recall the rumor.  rumor though doesn't mean fact.  It could be multiple reasons.   The idea that Bruce is really into uniforms have been said by multiple people who cover the team -- Bruce himself has given that away in some of his interviews.  Personally I don't care one way or another about the uniforms. 

people even pay attention to agents?

The uniform thing is kind og surprising.  The biggest thing regarding uniforms any team he has worked for has done is us bringing back yellow pants

1 minute ago, nonniey said:

The one good thing about the Williams trade is that is just another data point/example of what one can expect to get for player on the last year of his contract. If Williams shows up (and I think he will) this season to get his year accrued then there is no way in hell the Redskins can expect to get a 1st for him. 

Leonard Williams is considered an underachiever though, and DT is a vastly less important position than LT

2 minutes ago, carex said:

Leonard Williams is considered an underachiever though, and DT is a vastly less important position than LT

Clowney? Only those totally in denial would think we could get a 1st for WIlliams if he were on the last year of his contract. (You aren't Bruce Allen or Danny Boy by any chance are you)?

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Weren't we talking about playing wanting to play here?  If so i gather they are paying attention to their agents. 

agents work for the players though, so telling them what to do or where to go seems to be to much

1 minute ago, carex said:

agents work for the players though, so telling them what to do or where to go seems to be to much

Many players including Kirk have said that they listen to their agents for guidance.  That's part of why they hire them.  I didn't say agents dictate to players.  But they are sounding boards for many.  Players have talked about it.  there was a good article in MMQ awhile ago on it. 

I just read Standig's article on the Athletic, paid account.  I've mentioned here several times Standig is the outlier on the Trent situation.  He's the one reporter selling a different narrative.  And boy do I hope he's right. 

He's sticking to Bruce is willing to move him for the right deal but he's locked into getting that or he's not dealing him.   

If that's the case then I still think we got a prayer to dealing Trent.  I haven't ruled out this goes to the wire.  Sadly though Standig has no company (at least that i can recall) with any national or local reporter who have all said Bruce is telling teams he's not open for business and he means it and prefers to deal him in the off season.

I listened to Russell's podcast just now who alluded to if Trent comes back before week 10 to get vested -- it will be a soap opera style showdown between Trent-Bruce at Redskins Park. 

20 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Clowney? Only those totally in denial would think we could get a 1st for WIlliams if he were on the last year of his contract. (You aren't Bruce Allen or Danny Boy by any chance are you)?

he's obviously worth less if he's down to one year, but if he really wants that trade and absolutely does not trust the medical staff then he should stay away and he'll have the two years.  And if he tries something like showing up and claiming to be unable to play the Skins would absolutely be petty enough to try to fight it some way saying that showing up with no intention to play isn't really reporting

18 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

If the Skins aren't paying @carex to provide a retort/defense to every slight to the organization posted on this board, it's a crime.

please recommend me for the job to them, I could use the money badly.  But I consider myself critiquing you all far more than I'm defending them.  

I think what Snyder should consider was the Lauverious Coles situation. Coles was our best receiver and possibly our only star on offense, but despite getting a 1,000 yards he was unhappy. Gibbs shipped him off for a disappointing Santana Moss who the Jets were ready to give up on, saying if he doesn't want to be here we don't need him. If others don't want to be here I'm happy to show them the door (which was pretty rough, especially coming from Joe Gibbs.)

That should have been the Trent Williams model from the beginning (at least from a public relations standpoint) If they did that then the team is tough, but fair. As it is, the player is in the driver's seat and the team looks dumb, cruel, and desperate to save face without an opportunity for a good resolution.

I mean what's the best case scenario? Trent Williams comes back to a 1-15 team?

Archived