Owls0325

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Oooof, just took a look at Frank Clark’s pff rating, he’s grading out well below each of the redskins interior DL & DEs/Olbs. 

The life of the pass rusher continues to get tougher, unless you’re Preston Smith.

17 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Houston. When I discuss these things certain ESers get upset with me & things get out of control, next thing you know I’m going too far with my sarcasm ...then the mods send me to Venezuela to smuggle lizards back to the states, but they call the authorities ... it’s all a set up, the mods have no interest in lizards, they just want to see me on locked up abroad. It’s a thing.

I know for a fact that certain mods here love lizards.  It may be a set up, but they do want the lizards.

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Where do you get that the Skins have one of the oldest rosters in the league?? I would define this as ranking 27-32. 

Ranked 20th.   19 rosters are younger.  My point is this isn't a young roster relatively speaking.  One of oldest was the wrong way to phrase it on my end -- the roster is on the older half of the league not the younger.  My point is this isn't a purely rebuilding team.

The Kirk situation was unique and I can see why the FO placed more value in having Kirk for a full season while making a run at the playoffs versus trading Kirk for draft compensation— who knows for sure what his value was:

I know what you think of it. 😀 We 100% disagree on his value and how the FO played it.  And the disagreement on that thread was not a group of people saying Kirk stinks and the other saying he was Aaron Rodgers.   Most oddly weren't that far apart as to what type of player Kirk is with some nuance differences and shifting positions depending on recency effect at the time.  The disagreement was about how Bruce played the contract -- the franchise tags, the wacko press release and getting a ham sandwich for him back.  But nothing to gain from rehashing it.  For all those rabid anti-Kirkers your SB is coming up in exactly a week from now. ;)  

If the Browns struggle to be .500 they will be a joke to many. 

The Skins accomplished everything and more 4 years ago and years after that you’re crediting the Browns with. They’ve had significant victories over good teams and even dominated in some. Just because they’ve never have rebuilt in the way you support doesn’t make it wrong.

It's all opinion.   I am not saying I am right or wrong.  All i can do is ride with my opinion for what is right to me otherwise what's the point in really debating anything?  If I or you or whomever have cornered some binary right or wrong blueprint then we'd be working for an NFL team and achieving guaranteed success.  😀 

The Skins 4 years ago?  how about 2012?  2005 was a great season, too.   The Redskins can do the odd dance every 4 years or so and dance and sneak into the playoffs.   If that's the goal than I support Dan-Bruce's approach 100%.    It's sort of a 5-11 run, then 7-9, then 8-8, then 9-7 or something like that.  Sometimes a little worse, sometimes a little better.  I think they have that mastered.

If the Browns struggle is a joke to many -- what does that make the Redskins?  

Agreed. Culture is terrible.

With that said, if the Skins get lucky and get a dynamic coach and/or GM, Dan will follow if winning is taking place. Total opinion and his patience seems to be an issue. It appears when losing takes place he has zero patience, but when winning he will follow. 

As some national reporters theorize whomever comes here would need to have instant success in all likelihood to get lucky with Dan.  Like what happened with Torre and Steinbrenner.  Yeah Dan doesn't fire people quickly but it sounds like he neuters and infuses his own version of culture pretty quickly behind the scenes.  It's impossible to know for sure.  But there is too much smoke and lack of success for me to think all those gossip type reports are off. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, volsmet said:

Houston. When I discuss these things certain ESers get upset with me & things get out of control, next thing you know I’m going too far with my sarcasm ...then the mods send me to Venezuela to smuggle lizards back to the states, but they call the authorities ... it’s all a set up, the mods have no interest in lizards, they just want to see me on locked up abroad. It’s a thing.

We have no idea if Houston ever floated an offer

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

We have no idea if Houston ever floated an offer

If by we, you mean you, then you, may have trust issues.

CDF6EA34-398F-496C-8E2F-A7AC066D55CD.gif

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, volsmet said:

If by we, you mean you, then you, may have trust issues.

CDF6EA34-398F-496C-8E2F-A7AC066D55CD.gif

You’ve lost your mind. 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://nfltraderumors.co/bengals-ot-cordy-glenn-at-odds-over-his-return-from-concussion/

Bengals & OT Cordy Glenn At Odds Over His Return From Concussion...

Glenn reportedly told HC Zac Taylor to just cut him....

That could really screw us if the Browns truly want OT help. They could send the Bengals what they were going to send us... similar to the Houston/Tunsil trade...

Thanks, Bruce

Edited by SemperFi Skins

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:You’ve lost your mind. 😃

That’s the first time anyone’s ever intimated that I may have had one at some point.

A711F0D4-12E4-40FA-A1FC-2947EC1D27BA.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ranked 20th.   19 rosters are younger.  My point is this isn't a young roster relatively speaking.  One of oldest was the wrong way to phrase it on my end -- the roster is on the older half of the league not the younger.  My point is this isn't a purely rebuilding team.

The definition of rebuilding is a mystery in itself, unless we only define it as similar to what Browns and Dolphins are currently doing. I don’t. 

I was going to list all the young players starting or in position to start very soon, but you know all this. Not sure how you can look at the roster and not feel a youth movement has taken place. One can most definitely say a “rebuild” has taken place on the defensive side of the ball while the offense is in the middle of a transition but has added a young QB and appears to have hit on a dynamic young WR. Still work to be done. 

I know what you think of it. 😀 We 100% disagree on his value and how the FO played it.  And the disagreement on that thread was not a group of people saying Kirk stinks and the other saying he was Aaron Rodgers.   Most oddly weren't that far apart as to what type of player Kirk is with some nuance differences and shifting positions depending on recency effect at the time.  The disagreement was about how Bruce played the contract -- the franchise tags, the wacko press release and getting a ham sandwich for him back.  But nothing to gain from rehashing it.  For all those rabid anti-Kirkers your SB is coming up in exactly a week from now. ;)  

I agree, I never thought you were over-the-top on Kirk, like some others, but you had your days. 

Oh yes, the Kirk bowl will be fun. Fans on both sides of the coin will be ready, just happy my side allows me to root for the Skins ;) I lean towards the day turning out okay for Kirk lol

It's all opinion.   I am not saying I am right or wrong.  All i can do is ride with my opinion for what is right to me otherwise what's the point in really debating anything?  If I or you or whomever have cornered some binary right or wrong blueprint then we'd be working for an NFL team and achieving guaranteed success.  😀 

For sure on opinions. Curious though, what pile of evidence do you have to support your opinion?

With that said, I’m very open minded to new ideas and against the norm type thinking, but my time posting with ya, you don’t seem that way, so just wondering how you’ve come to conclusion tanking is the way?

The Skins 4 years ago?  how about 2012?  2005 was a great season, too.   The Redskins can do the odd dance every 4 years or so and dance and sneak into the playoffs.   If that's the goal than I support Dan-Bruce's approach 100%.    It's sort of a 5-11 run, then 7-9, then 8-8, then 9-7 or something like that.  Sometimes a little worse, sometimes a little better.  I think they have that mastered.

Well, I was referencing the last 4 years prior to this year being competitive and making playoffs in 2015 and choking away playoffs in 2016 in the final game and starting 6-“4” in 2018 with playoffs being realistic. 

If you want to argue the Skins being average isn’t good enough and the FO/coach aren’t able to get team to good status, I’d agree and support a change taking place. 

If the Browns struggle is a joke to many -- what does that make the Redskins?  

Not saying it’s right or wrong them being potentially being referred to as a joke, but their season came with much more expectations and pressure do to the approach in how the team was built and the personalities of the players. 

Doesn’t appear to be working out for them in year 2, maybe year 3 it will click for them. If not, they may reach same conclusion here Washington, the FO/Coaches weren’t good enough to get them to playoffs or to above average. But trust me, there’s nothing more that organization would want than to taste the playoffs at 9-7 or have a final game decide whether they get into the playoffs. They’d eat this up and be celebrated for it!! 

As some national reporters theorize whomever comes here would need to have instant success in all likelihood to get lucky with Dan. 

I agree. 

Bring back Gibbs ;)  JK

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CowboyKillerz said:

Cool screen name brother!!!

but ya, this needs a happy ending already smmfh

But the rumors involve the Browns, not the Patriots

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, wit33 said:

The definition of rebuilding is a mystery in itself, unless we only define it as similar to what Browns and Dolphins are currently doing. I don’t. 

I was going to list all the young players starting or in position to start very soon, but you know all this. Not sure how you can look at the roster and not feel a youth movement has taken place. One can most definitely say a “rebuild” has taken place on the defensive side of the ball while the offense is in the middle of a transition but has added a young QB and appears to have hit on a dynamic young WR. Still work to be done.

The #1 reason why i don't deem the Redskins as doing a rebuild is rebuilding team tends to be sellers of veterans for picks not buyers of veterans for picks.  Has Dan even once sold a veteran for a 3rd round pick or higher?  I can't think of one -- maybe am missing one?  That's astonishing for a 20 year span.  He's traded away a ton of high draft picks.  Even with their new emphasis of focusing on the draft, they've given away high picks.  They are far from on a strict diet so to speak.

Brandon Lloyd, TJ Ducket, Mark Brunell, D. McNabb, J. Brown, Alex Smith -- all involved giving up high picks (top 3 rounds) for veterans.  And i am pretty sure am missing some but am too lazy to look it up.   We got others veterans too involving picks.    To me this isn't how a rebuilding team rolls

I think we are wasting our time debating this though.  I am not on the fence about whether Dan does rebuilds where i can be convinced.  😀  I am open to he might start to do it for the first time.  But I'd need to see it play out.    He has some symptoms that he toys with it on some fronts which I've pointed out but this isn't a full fledged rebuild IMO. 

Heck Bruce says they are close.  I don't know what more evidence you need that they don't think they need to rebuild?  but if you think they are rebuilding, cool, let's just agree to disagree.

3 hours ago, wit33 said:

Oh yes, the Kirk bowl will be fun. Fans on both sides of the coin will be ready, just happy my side allows me to root for the Skins ;) I

To me with a rare exception on that thread -- different sides mean those who endorsed how Bruce handled the contract versus those who think they flubbed it.  😀  

As for who i am rooting for, its impossible to me to root in real time for the Redskins to lose but some seasons I think it benefits more for them to lose.  So its a win win for me this season.  i am happy if they win (serving my redskins fandom in the moment) or lose for different reasons  (serving the team in the long term).

3 hours ago, wit33 said:

Well, I was referencing the last 4 years prior to this year being competitive and making playoffs in 2015 and choking away playoffs in 2016 in the final game and starting 6-“4” in 2018 with playoffs being realistic. 

I get your point but even that isn't that different from the past.  7-9 versus 5-11?    It's still the every 4 years, sometimes 5 years drill and we sneak in the playoffs as a wildcard or win the division in a really down year for the division.  That's been a variation of Dan's whole tenure.  But agree Jay's tenure ironically was the high water mark in that it was slightly better on the consistency front.  

3 hours ago, wit33 said:

Doesn’t appear to be working out for them in year 2, maybe year 3 it will click for them. If not, they may reach same conclusion here Washington, the FO/Coaches weren’t good enough to get them to playoffs or to above average. But trust me, there’s nothing more that organization would want than to taste the playoffs at 9-7 or have a final game decide whether they get into the playoffs. They’d eat this up and be celebrated for it!! 

I agree. 

Bring back Gibbs ;)  JK

They were slightly better than us last year and ditto this year.   Not great but i can't take a victory dance from a Redskins point of view on it.   If you told me 3 years ago the Browns would be slightly better than us for the last 2 seasons yet I'd i'd be making fun that they haven't pulled way ahead of us -- I'd probably think that's crazy or our team has really sunken to new lows.

Agree Gibbs is the type of coach, maybe the only coach that gets Dan to back off? 😀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

s for who i am rooting for, its impossible to me to root in real time for the Redskins to lose but some seasons I think it benefits more for them to lose.  So its a win win for me this season.  i am happy if they win (serving my redskins fandom in the moment) or lose for differe

I’m so conflicted on this. On one hand I don’t want them to win and losing to Kirk Cousins would really piss of Dan and Bruce and I enjoy that more than anything this season. On the other hand, I never liked Kirk and thought he was greedy and I don’t want to see him get in the last shot.

if we lose, I’d like it to be like 14-3 and both Minny TDS come on special teams.

13 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I’m so conflicted on this. On one hand I don’t want them to win and losing to Kirk Cousins would really piss of Dan and Bruce and I enjoy that more than anything this season. On the other hand, I never liked Kirk and thought he was greedy and I don’t want to see him get in the last shot.

if we lose, I’d like it to be like 14-3 and both Minny TDS come on special teams.

*I* would like to see Manusky send the house EVERY Down..screw the score and lay wood on Kirk for 45 minutes. Make sure he is hit every play.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

*I* would like to see Manusky send the house EVERY Down..screw the score and lay wood on Kirk for 45 minutes. Make sure he is hit every play.

Why only 45 minutes? Seems a bit kindhearted of you...  🙂  I would prefer all 60 mins....  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Why only 45 minutes? Seems a bit kindhearted of you...  🙂  I would prefer all 60 mins....  

I don't think he'd survive longer..he'd be whimpering to Zimmer to take him out. WHAT do we have to lose..right! I sure pay to watch that and cheer EVERY DOWN

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Good luck getting Manusky to send the house on every down.

Danny *could* incentivize that I'm sure

• Haha 1

I personally have no ill will towards kirk. He did what he had to and with a lot of help by the dumbness of brucie, he got paid.

But he is not a redskin now so I am rooting for him to have a really miserable game against us.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

But he is not a redskin now so I am rooting for him to have a really miserable game against us.

Not me. I hope he lights up this trashcan of a team and the Vikings put up 50. Anything and everything to embarrass Snyder enough to fire Brucie is what I'm rooting for.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

Not me. I hope he lights up this trashcan of a team and the Vikings put up 50. Anything and everything to embarrass Snyder enough to fire Brucie is what I'm rooting for.

If I thought would be the outcome then I would be right there with you. But Bruce is just not going anywhere. I hope I get surprised. But everything I see and hear is Dan and Bruce are tied at the hip. 

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I just do not understand what the end game is here. All I can come up with based on previous actions - like Kirk - is that it's just a pissing contest. Bruce has to "win" the negotiation more than he wants to help the team. So team be damned he is going to show everyone who is in charge!  

Anyone with half a ****ing brain would have dealt Trent by now. 

14 hours ago, goskins10 said:

I personally have no ill will towards kirk. He did what he had to and with a lot of help by the dumbness of brucie, he got paid.

I notice probably more than any player who has played here there is some real animosity about him (obviously not from you) -- not just as a player but as a person.     I met Kirk multiple times.  My kids did his QB camp for a full weekend, struck me super classy, nice guy.  Bruce struggled to pronounce Kirk's name even though he was in his building for years while Kirk could remember my kids names and repeat them during camp with over 100 kids there.   I got zero personal hostility towards Kirk.  Like I said I always root for a Redskins win in the moment but if they lose and it makes Dan-Bruce miserable, I'll enjoy that too.  It's a can't lose for me.  Plus I think Adrian Peterson is getting overshadowed -- its a big day for him, too and am a big Peterson guy.

Switching gears but staying on topic that's been discussed here.  Here are some quotes from personnel people/agents who dealt with the Redskins FO.  It's from a Standig article in the Athletic today.  A lot more quotes than this but this is a sample of it.  There are more negatives than this but also some positive ones as well.  I'd say at best its a mixed bag.   

I don’t have a lot of respect for the owner. Never have. Bruce Allen was an agent so many of us competed with him. I got along with him, but never really trusted him. Cut corners. He used to cheat to get players. He was a villain. As far as he knows I like him, but I don’t trust him. He thinks scandals aren’t’ scandals, but the cost of doing business. (Former front office leader) Vinny (Cerrato) was the same.

Redskins are dysfunctional. One guy will call on one player and then you talk with another guy in personnel and he has no idea of what’s going on. They fall in and out of love with players. A guy can go from penthouse to outhouse in one week.

• Snyder and Bruce are incompetent. Schaffer is a wiz.

Just hard to understand the direction of the organization. Are they trying to win now or not? Are they playing chess or checkers?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

You know, something like this could eventually get to Snyder.

This may, if Allen holds pat and doesn't get something done that benefits the Skins, wind up being a turning point with the Snyder/Allen stuff.

Granted, I highly doubt it. But this narrative is one of the biggest things the media is harping on around Allen. Snyder, despite reports, hears everything. He has to. So I'm interested in seeing how all of this plays out.

I don't actually think this makes a difference. But the idea that it could is at least entertaining.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

You know, something like this could eventually get to Snyder.

This may, if Allen holds pat and doesn't get something done that benefits the Skins, wind up being a turning point with the Snyder/Allen stuff.

Granted, I highly doubt it. But this narrative is one of the biggest things the media is harping on around Allen. Snyder, despite reports, hears everything. He has to. So I'm interested in seeing how all of this plays out.

I don't actually think this makes a difference. But the idea that it could is at least entertaining.

I get your point and don't disagree - however we can't underestimate Dan's stupidity and little man syndrome playing a role.  For all we know Dan is on board with this (convinced by Bruce) or worse yet Dan is behind it.  

Its one thing to be the least respected and most dysfunctional organization but the Trent thing sounds more like the arrogance and vendettas they [Allen and/or Snyder] have come before any success.  

• Like 3