• Blog Entries

• By Destino in ES Coverage
      The home team fans are at home, these games no longer matter, and it’s probably better for the team to lose than it is to win.  It must be December in Washington.  Welcome to week 15!

Redskins Inactive: 
      Colt McCoy  
      Trey Quinn 
      Quinton Dunbar  
      Josh Harvey-Clemons  
      Ross Pierschbacher  
      Brandon Scherff  
      Caleb Wilson  

Eagles Inactive: 
      Nate Sudfeld  
      Nelson Agholor 
      Jordan Howard  
      Shareef Miller 
      Lane Johnson  
      Sua Opeta  
      Derek Barnet

There are two camps for Redskins fans at this time of year.  Those that want to tank and those that want to win.  If this describes you, I want you to know something important. You’re wrong.  You should probably feel bad about it too, but that’s your business.  The right way to go about this, is simply to embrace the doublethink.  

Before and after the game it’s perfectly reasonable to acknowledge that losing has its advantages.  It does and it is undeniable.  Afterall we could be talking about the difference between Chase Young being in a Redskins uniform, or not.  What we need for that to happen is simple.  Redskins lose out.  Giants beat the Dolphins and Redskins.  Dolphins beat the Bengals.  All of these things are perfectly reasonable outcomes.  We’re that close to having an elite pass rusher.   

Before that happens, we have a game to play.  It is in this moment that we should embrace the other side of our demented doublethink.  While the game is being played, especially against a division opponent, fans should want their team to do well.  Assuming they have a soul and any decency.  There is just no way that I can root for the Eagles to beat the Redskins during a game.  If you are the type of fan that does this, I hope you find someone that can fix what has broken inside of you.   

Pregame Prediction:  Redskins 23 – Eagles 30  
      More interesting game we are missing because we are still watching the Redskins:  Packers – Bears  
      Things I am snacking on:  Brownie.   
      Number of colons used:  Six.  (so far)  

Check back for updates.  I’m going to wander around the room for a while and stretch my legs to get away from a certain well-known ESPN Eagle fan’s boring conversations that my ear phones aren’t blocking out entirely.

1st Quarter Redskins 7 - 3 Eagles
      "The Closer" Haskins showed up for work early today and hit his former college teammate for a touchdown.  He really took the life out of this crowd in *checks notes* Fedex Field. 

Owls0325

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Bruce adamant on not trading Trent. His reason? So he can say "i told you so. Now how do you like that Trent? I win". Danny and Bruce are truly asshats of the maximus supremes and are determined to be losers no matter what. This team couldn't run any more poorly if someone actually tried. Seriously. Look at the drafts and any 11 year old Redskin fan could draft better. I'm serious. It is baffling how these 2 stooges are in control of this team. Money can buy anything including stupidity

Edited by Sonny9TD
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

wow this excitement deflated pretty quickly. Hope we wake tf up ASAP. Smh.

Cool screen name brother!!!

but ya, this needs a happy ending already smmfh

Edited by CowboyKillerz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Miami gets no credit... they traded away two young talents on rookie deals for picks that may never end up being anywhere near the talent level of Tunsil or Fitzpatrick...

Having said that, yes, we are asshats for not trading away aging vets for picks while the getting is good... Thanks, Bruce, for being the butthole of the league.

Miami took the rebuild in an odd nontraditional way.  When you are rebuilding you dump veterans not young pieces.  Having said that even with their clunky version of rebuilding at least is driven by a long term vision.  Bruce-Dan don't do long term vision on squat.  Yeah they like young players on cheap contracts.  That's nice.  But there is more to rebuilding a team than just that.  We still have one of the oldest rosters in the league.   I think Finlay of all people brought it home during the Kirk contract impasse when asked why not trade Kirk if they expected him to leave -- he would go they tell me they don't care about 2-3 years from now, its all about the coming season and if they think they can win more games with Kirk that season that's all that matters to them.    

As for Browns version of rebuilding. I like it better than Miami. The whole idea of rebuilding is being patient.  Browns got weapons and some good pieces on both the offense and defense.  But though tough win in the league when your O line stinks.  I'd bet that's their next mission.  They are still a better team than we are.    We aren't destroying the Ravens and playing the Seahawks neck and neck to the wire.  I doubt anyone would trade their rosters for ours.  And the Browns were a joke as recent as 2 years ago.  they might not be great but they are already better than us IMO -- I doubt they care today that hey yeah we are better than the Redskins now but gosh we'd trade that in a second for their 7-9 run in 2017.

Dan always thinks they are close - and IMO besides the rotten culture that mindset is why Dan hasn't even come close to sniffing a SB. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, CowboyKillerz said:

smmfh....shaking my mother ****ing head?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, CowboyKillerz said:

So does Robert Kraft. And he's likely to get one a lot sooner than us. 

Edited by Dissident2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

smmfh....shaking my mother ****ing head?

It's actually smoking my mother ****ing hashish.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If other teams are only offering a ham sandwich for Trent Williams I can understand why the FO isn't budging.  Some Cleveland journalists suggest that a 3rd round pick is all that should be offered.   That's too cheap IMO.  On the other hand, if the FO turned down even a portion of the Kings Ransom that Houston paid then heads should roll.  Cutting the head off is long overdue for many reasons.

12 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

It's actually smoking my mother ****ing hashish.

Ahhh makes sense..thanks

People actually thought the trade was going to happen when the rumors came out? I thought we were all just having fun with it. :ols:

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

People actually thought the trade was going to happen when the rumors came out? I thought we were all just having fun with it. :ols:

Everybody keeps getting surprised by the height of the ineptitude every step up the ladder.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Everybody keeps getting surprised by the height of the ineptitude every step up the ladder.

sisyphus.gif

Hope is right on the other side of the mountain.  Wait for it...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

wow this excitement deflated pretty quickly. Hope we wake tf up ASAP. Smh.

That’s why we must jump on any opportunity to enjoy the lies of the charlatans on twitter; all emotion is somewhat delusional, as long as we enjoy our delusions safely, under the supervision of our beloved mods, we should embrace the opportunity to trick ourselves into thinking happiness is possible & sustainable.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

Hope is right on the other side of the mountain.  Wait for it...

Ahhh good ole Sysphus.  Very accurate for fans and for head coaches trying to do their thing under Brucifer. 

19 minutes ago, KDawg said:

People actually thought the trade was going to happen when the rumors came out? 

6DC54B6C-6104-4142-A847-0BB3B0E2E053.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

1 is Trent ready to play?

2 is a team going to extend him?

These have to be a big part in trying to deal him. While Trent could have gave us a heads up sooner in the offseason to draft someone and shop him- he didnt. SO waiting until the offseason might be the best bet. A team will get 2 full years instead of 1.5, and they get him in camp and can be sure he is gameday ready.

While Id love a hual tonight... I can see why the offseason would (likely) make more cents.

7 minutes ago, CowboyKillerz said:

1 is Trent ready to play?

2 is a team going to extend him?

These have to be a big part in trying to deal him. While Trent could have gave us a heads up sooner in the offseason to draft someone and shop him- he didnt. SO waiting until the offseason might be the best bet. A team will get 2 full years instead of 1.5, and they get him in camp and can be sure he is gameday ready.

While Id love a hual tonight... I can see why the offseason would (likely) make more cents.

Not if Trent reports though, then he only has one year left on his deal (and either way, he’s a year older next year ...).  

1 hour ago, PlayAction said:

If other teams are only offering a ham sandwich for Trent Williams I can understand why the FO isn't budging.  Some Cleveland journalists suggest that a 3rd round pick is all that should be offered.   That's too cheap IMO.  On the other hand, if the FO turned down even a portion of the Kings Ransom that Houston paid then heads should roll.  Cutting the head off is long overdue for many reasons.

Tough to know.  the national reporters are saying they've been offered a first. Most of the local ones, too.  Standig has been alone on an island saying they haven't gotten much of an offer.

Could Standig be right and the others wrong?  Yeah you never know.   I doubt it but obviously we can't rule it out. 

Hoffman was just on (he's been the most correct thus far) and he said they know now Trent isn't coming back.  Previously, they thought that he would.  He doesn't know if that gets them to shift their position but as far as he knows for the moment Bruce is telling people he's not open for business.  He says he doubts that is a posturing to ramp up Trent's trade value because in order to deal you got to show some interest in dealing.  (otherwise those same teams might take their business elsewhere and make a deal with someone else, it doesn't have to be for a LT).

the Jags for example initially indicated they don't want to deal Ramsey.  But that ultimately shifted and what they got out there is they wanted two 1st round picks to give up Ramsey.  And they got it.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

The deadline to report is week 10? Trade deadline is week 8? Dumb they made it that way... Although reports suggest Trent will not report at all no matter what- he could f us if he reported the week after the trade deadline to get this season accrued.

The age thing isnt as big of a deal- less wear and tear this season balances that out. LT age isnt like RB age... Elite Olinemen can typically play well into their 30s Look at Penn, he is old AF

Washington has been offered significantly more than a first, but since the season began, things may have slowed. Zip being leaked out of Clev during the year, but we can circumvent that through guilt & manipulation if need be. I have a new family now, new loyalties.

8B4A1775-5CAD-4466-8F15-3DA5EDCD4676.gif

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Washington has been offered significantly more than a first, but since the season began, things may have slowed. Zip being leaked out of Clev during the year, but we can circumvent that through guilt & manipulation if need be. I have a new family now, new loyalties.

8B4A1775-5CAD-4466-8F15-3DA5EDCD4676.gif

What exactly were we offered that was 'significantly more' than a first? And from who??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CowboyKillerz said:

What exactly were we offered that was 'significantly more' than a first? And from who??

Houston. When I discuss these things certain ESers get upset with me & things get out of control, next thing you know I’m going too far with my sarcasm ...then the mods send me to Venezuela to smuggle lizards back to the states, but they call the authorities ... it’s all a set up, the mods have no interest in lizards, they just want to see me on locked up abroad. It’s a thing.

• Haha 1

Upcoming draft we pick a LT at 3-5 and don't really gain anything (considering the LT isn't a bust)  Ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Miami took the rebuild in an odd nontraditional way.  When you are rebuilding you dump veterans not young pieces.  Having said that even with their clunky version of rebuilding at least is driven by a long term vision. 

Bruce-Dan don't do long term vision on squat.  Yeah they like young players on cheap contracts.  That's nice.  But there is more to rebuilding a team than just that.  We still have one of the oldest rosters in the league.   I think Finlay of all people brought it home during the Kirk contract impasse when asked why not trade Kirk if they expected him to leave -- he would go they tell me they don't care about 2-3 years from now, its all about the coming season and if they think they can win more games with Kirk that season that's all that matters to them.

Where do you get that the Skins have one of the oldest rosters in the league?? I would define this as ranking 27-32. 

The Kirk situation was unique and I can see why the FO placed more value in having Kirk for a full season while making a run at the playoffs versus trading Kirk for draft compensation— who knows for sure what his value was: my guess, was a 2nd or 3rd. I’d take a playoff run that should’ve of transpired if not for the week 17 collapse against the Giants and 3rd round comp pick over a 2nd or 3rd round pick with no QB with a playoff roster. The QB is a whole different ball game and cannot be compared to any other positions when discussing value in a season. 

As for Browns version of rebuilding. I like it better than Miami. The whole idea of rebuilding is being patient.  Browns got weapons and some good pieces on both the offense and defense.  But though tough win in the league when your O line stinks.  I'd bet that's their next mission.  They are still a better team than we are.    We aren't destroying the Ravens and playing the Seahawks neck and neck to the wire.  I doubt anyone would trade their rosters for ours.  And the Browns were a joke as recent as 2 years ago.  they might not be great but they are already better than us IMO -- I doubt they care today that hey yeah we are better than the Redskins now but gosh we'd trade that in a second for their 7-9 run in 2017.

If the Browns struggle to be .500 they will be a joke to many. 

The Skins accomplished everything and more 4 years ago and years after that you’re crediting the Browns with. They’ve had significant victories over good teams and even dominated in some. Just because they’ve never have rebuilt in the way you support doesn’t make it wrong. 

For example, the Ravens have never gone through a rebuild mode, they just continue to compete and retool.

The current regime doesn’t appear able to get the team over the above average hump, but i will give them credit for reaching level of above average through  organizational changes in philosophy of how to construct a roster that’s taken place over the last few years.

Dan always thinks they are close - and IMO besides the rotten culture that mindset is why Dan hasn't even come close to sniffing a SB. 

Agreed. Culture is terrible.

With that said, if the Skins get lucky and get a dynamic coach and/or GM, Dan will follow if winning is taking place. Total opinion and his patience seems to be an issue. It appears when losing takes place he has zero patience, but when winning he will follow.