Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

13 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I can’t be the only one that thinks that Trent had a pretty lousy year on the field last year, can I?

When expected and needed to play even when injured, what should we expect.

Knee, thumb, ribs, head....

1 minute ago, Anselmheifer said:

What do you think we’d get?

The league is desperate for LTs as it is, and many contenders are in need of one. Trent is probably the best one in the league. Even considering his injuries they’d get at least a 2nd and a lower pick back for him.

16 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

Even if your off the wall without foundation was true the Vikings don't have the cap space for William's contract.

Obvious you didn't read my statement I see. I SAID KC would have to provide space 3Mil to cover the cost..12+3=15 which would make Trent happy. Without KC willingness to cut a deal and restructure (for his OWN financial benefit in 2020 in negotiating a new contract) THEN you would be right. BUT the WAY I premised the scenario would work.

We won't know anything until Trent makes a move. If Trent wants/demands a TRADE, what is so off the wall that he'd maneuver to go to a contender with his good friend AND get paid? Vikings need a LT..you don't deny that do you?

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

Yes.

Kick it's ass, brother.

I'd rather not. Whether this is about money or not (Honestly, I think it's always about money in some way, shape or form with these things). All off-season I've been talking about needing to find a replacement for 71 because he's becoming injury prone and older. I have said He has a few years left before we really need to have someone ready to roll as he is still a damn good LT when healthy. However, this accelerates that need, regardless if he's really just upset about the medical staff or money, the team has a serious issue on hand here.

Paying him is great in theory. Guy can still go. But what happens if he's out for 6 games this year and 6 games next year and we could have used that money to sign a new LT or strengthen another position group? Williams is a stud. He is and always will be a Redskin legend, but he's not worth more money than the already lucrative deal he's being paid at this point in his NFL career. Especially if he's upset. Upset people disrupt a locker room.

And before people get it twisted, I'm not saying Williams is wrong to be upset. I'm not saying I even want Williams off the team. TW71 is one of my favorite Skins of all time and nothing is going to change that. Dude has been a "warrior" for us. But monetarily, we can't afford to make a mistake on his contract. We don't know what the new CBA is going to do for the contract situation, so we can't play fast and loose with money at this point. 

Good franchises always move on in these kinds of situations. Short sighted bad teams do not. We all know which bucket we fall into. 

24 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I can’t be the only one that thinks that Trent had a pretty lousy year on the field last year, can I?

He had the 11th most penalties of any tackle in the league (Moses was 1st) and he had a 74 rating by PFF which is an "above average" rating but on the low side.

I think his play has declined the last 2 years but last year it was noticeable.

Let's say we do get everything figured out with Trent, contractwise, and he comes back, is he healthy enough to play?  What were the results of the procedure on his head? Can he now throw a helmet on and participate in contact?  I think we all need to be prepared that even if he recommits to the team, he won't play a major role on the field this year

32 minutes ago, WeThreeKingsRuleU said:

Let's say we do get everything figured out with Trent, contractwise, and he comes back, is he healthy enough to play?  What were the results of the procedure on his head? Can he now throw a helmet on and participate in contact?  I think we all need to be prepared that even if he recommits to the team, he won't play a major role on the field this year

Good point. That is the sheep in wolves clothing, to anyone that wants Bruce just to pay him no matter the cost. The bigger issue, is pay him guaranteed monies.  And noting, he would not even practice yet if we wanted him too. How long is he going to be out for? 

Assuming he will be fine and all healed up by September is not wise.

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 1:10 PM, redskinss said:

It makes you wonder what could have happened so badly about the tumor situation that would make him want to leave.

I hope we get more details because at this point it's just absurd that someone who's been a lifelong Redskin could be so upset about something completely unrelated to football that it's irreconcilable. 

Yeah, a tumor?  How is that related to his job and employer. Did he not just go to his doctor?

2 hours ago, volsmet said:

I find it hard to believe any of the humans on this board think we’d be lucky to get a 3rd fir Trent. The minds of the ES never cease to entertain. 

Volsmet, are you feeling okay?  No animated gif?  Has your account be hacked?! :)

7 minutes ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

Yeah, a tumor?  How is that related to his job and employer. Did he not just go to his doctor?

Trent: Hey athletic trainer, I got this bump on my head, what is it?

Athletic trainer: *thinks it might be a tumor* It's nothing Trent, don't worry about it, you can finish out the season!

Trent: Alright, sounds good, as long as I don't have cancer and I don't have to go get it biopsied right away, which would take me away from football, and every day not knowing puts me at greater risk, thanks for your honest opinion doc!

2 minutes ago, WeThreeKingsRuleU said:

Trent: Hey athletic trainer, I got this bump on my head, what is it?

Athletic trainer: *thinks it might be a tumor* It's nothing Trent, don't worry about it, you can finish out the season!

Trent: Alright, sounds good, as long as I don't have cancer and I don't have to go get it biopsied right away, which would take me away from football, and every day not knowing puts me at greater risk, thanks for your honest opinion doc!

If he is accepting tumor evaluations (or anything outside of sprained ankles and pulled muscles) from athletic trainers, who aren't remotely qualified to do so, then, wow.

3 minutes ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

If he is accepting tumor evaluations (or anything outside of sprained ankles and pulled muscles) from athletic trainers, who aren't remotely qualified to do so, then, wow.

"aren't remotely qualified to do so" Oh, I wasn't aware you knew their qualifications.  What medical schools did they go to? What degrees do they have?  Sorry, i shouldn't have said athletic trainers, team doctor would have been more appropriate.

9 minutes ago, WeThreeKingsRuleU said:

"aren't remotely qualified to do so" Oh, I wasn't aware you knew their qualifications.  What medical schools did they go to? What degrees do they have?  Sorry, i shouldn't have said athletic trainers, team doctor would have been more appropriate.

If the scenario you laid out actually happened and with a team doctor, then WOW again. The former being Trent's fault, the latter not. 

2 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

That's insane if that's SOP for the league.  

Remember that video of Shanahan when he was coaching the Broncos telling Terrell Davis to go back into the game because if he's out of the game the defense will know it's a pass?...Davis straight-up told him that he was konked so bad (or had a migraine so bad) that it was affecting his vision and can't even see. Shanahan told him he wouldn't be getting the ball anyway so it doesn't matter. Dude could have had a vision-altering concussion and he's still being told to go back into the game. And if I recall correctly, Davis years later backed up Shanahan's decision. Players wanna play, coaches wanna win.

I 100% believe it's SOP all across the league.

Being a fan it's a tough situation to be in.. the silverback is a Washington Redskin and will be for life..like many of you I also want him to retire a Redskin and play for only the Redskins.. I know he has had injuries and coming off of a surgery.. so then it makes me think about the left tackle position and regardless of who starts at QB week 1 that left tackle position is one of the most important positions.. so right now I can't help but to think the Skins need to make him happy so we have a good left tackle.. but the other part of me says if he really wants out and the Skins won't budge making him happy then might as well get as much as we can for him right now.. HTTR

27 minutes ago, WeThreeKingsRuleU said:

"aren't remotely qualified to do so" Oh, I wasn't aware you knew their qualifications.  What medical schools did they go to? What degrees do they have?

You've GOT to be seeing the irony in you saying that right after posting this lol:

"Trent: Hey athletic trainer, I got this bump on my head, what is it?

Trent: Alright, sounds good, as long as I don't have cancer and I don't have to go get it biopsied right away, which would take me away from football, and every day not knowing puts me at greater risk, thanks for your honest opinion doc!"

5 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

You've GOT to be seeing the irony in you saying that right after posting this lol:

"Trent: Hey athletic trainer, I got this bump on my head, what is it?

Trent: Alright, sounds good, as long as I don't have cancer and I don't have to go get it biopsied right away, which would take me away from football, and every day not knowing puts me at greater risk, thanks for your honest opinion doc!"

"Sorry, i shouldn't have said athletic trainers, team doctor would have been more appropriate."

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

I'd rather not. Whether this is about money or not (Honestly, I think it's always about money in some way, shape or form with these things). All off-season I've been talking about needing to find a replacement for 71 because he's becoming injury prone and older. I have said He has a few years left before we really need to have someone ready to roll as he is still a damn good LT when healthy. However, this accelerates that need, regardless if he's really just upset about the medical staff or money, the team has a serious issue on hand here.

Somewhat of a philosophical discussion....

Im of the mindset he’ll play until he’s 36 or 37 and okay with elite talents playing 12-14 games. 

He missed a portion of recent games due to team being out of contention and was “shutdown”. Not arguing the extreme of him always being healthy, just that he’s available much more than not. 

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

Paying him is great in theory. Guy can still go. But what happens if he's out for 6 games this year and 6 games next year and we could have used that money to sign a new LT or strengthen another position group? Williams is a stud. He is and always will be a Redskin legend, but he's not worth more money than the already lucrative deal he's being paid at this point in his NFL career. Especially if he's upset. Upset people disrupt a locker room.

6 games would represent an extreme, I’d rather settle on the middle and ask myself am I okay paying elite money for an elite talent for 12 games. My answer is yes. Not a right or wrong, but I’m always going to lean towards keeping studs. 

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

And before people get it twisted, I'm not saying Williams is wrong to be upset. I'm not saying I even want Williams off the team. TW71 is one of my favorite Skins of all time and nothing is going to change that. Dude has been a "warrior" for us. But monetarily, we can't afford to make a mistake on his contract. We don't know what the new CBA is going to do for the contract situation, so we can't play fast and loose with money at this point. 

I’m with you, extra risk is involved with Williams, due to lower body injuries and previous marijuana issues, but he’s such a physical freak value in age 34-37 years will be present. 

1 minute ago, wit33 said:

Somewhat of a philosophical discussion....

Im of the mindset he’ll play until he’s 36 or 37 and okay with elite talents playing 12-14 games. 

He missed a portion of recent games due to team being out of contention and was “shutdown”. Not arguing the extreme of him always being healthy, just that he’s available much more than not. 

Available is one thing... Morgan Moses is available most of the time as well. But I wouldn't say they're healthy. They were our best options at about 70% (Williams) and 60% (Moses), which is scary. But they were certainly not, and have not been, healthy. 

6 games would represent an extreme, I’d rather settle on the middle and ask myself am I okay paying elite money for an elite talent for 12 games. My answer is yes. Not a right or wrong, but I’m always going to lean towards keeping studs.

I'd say this is probably semi off-topic, but it might fit... Is Trent Williams, in his current iteration, a stud? To me, a stud is defined as a top 5 player at his position in the NFL. Trent Williams WAS a stud for a very, very large portion of his career. Now I'd say he falls out of that top 5. Probably still top 10, but is that still considered a stud? I'd argue it falls into, "Dude is phenomenal, but we have to be careful what we pay him".

Craig Hoffman on just now, he said asking around, its:

A.  He's upset at the medical staff

B.  He does want a bump in his contract

He says he gets the impression that both are in play.   The thing for me is if he wants a bump in his contract than clearly he's cool with staying.  

3 hours ago, bowhunter said:

I'd really like to know your take on his value if he indeed does want out. On one hand he's a dominant multibowl LT, who plays with a mean streak but smart. A first round pick that produced from game one. A positive locker room presence and team captain highly respected throughout the league.

On the other hand he is an aging veteran who has had difficulty staying healthy throughout an entire season (although prone to often play through pain.) He also has had a few NFL mandated timeouts for banned substances and any future violations will result in long term suspensions. His best years are most likely behind him although he still brings a pro-bowl ability when healthy. 

Right now 16-20 teams are interested in Trent, Houston is still interested despite drafting 2 tackles, including 1 in the first. Houston was willing to give up a substantial amount before the draft in 2018, but we weren’t listening to anything. At one point they were thinking/talking about Clowney + a first for Trent, though I don’t know if that offer was ever made or if it was just talk around their fo.

A decent tackle, another player, and a 2021 1st or 2nd in 2020 seems to be the average discussion around him. The timing is awful, obviously, and the details you’ve mentioned are things I went through last year when I was trying to convince others he needed to be traded if we were going to get the most out of the asset; now I’d still be surprised if we didn’t get a first, or value in line with one. A first & a player is about what I’d anticipate, though a 2020 first could be the hardest first rounder to get in draft history, the number of sophs that blew up, and the number of highly regarded QBs, has front offices more excited for this class than any most have been a part of. 

If he doesn’t do anything stupid & passes the physical, we can get a 2021 1st, *Lawrence draft*, for Trent .. I’d start there. 

1 hour ago, Rex Tomb said:

Volsmet, are you feeling okay?  No animated gif?  Has your account be hacked?! :)

Gifs make the ES gentlemen too emotional, it’s unsafe. 

Archived