Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If they turn Trubisky into Marino then I think heads will roll.    I think they win the next 2 games.  Will see.

Finlay made the case once that Bruce thinks this way just in general.  He talked about it both in advance and even in retrospect as for Kirk.  He said in 2017 they knew Kirk was going to be gone after that season but had no interest in trading him because the way they see things on that front that even 2 seasons away might as well be 20 seasons away.  It's all about the upcoming season.  The main thing is they knew they can win more in 2017 with Kirk on the roster than off the roster and that's all that mattered to them.  Finlay talked about it that summer in 2017 saying someone in the FO told them they have a year to year approach with their veteran players, they aren't concerned about 2 years out and it's a win now league. 

By the way as I am typing this Keim just said that Jay doesn't have the power from what he understands to remove Manusky, Bruce has to approve it. 

This bull headed stubbornness of Bruce's (and Dan's too), is maddening. Interestingly enough many of us here have said Bruce and the team have no long term strategy. It's today and today only. Absolutely horrible approach unless you are in fact winning. 

It's clear Trent does not want to play here. Move him! He could have done this last summer when many of us here said to do so. But no, he is right and the rest of the world is wrong. 

Every day that goes by I hate Bruce Allen more. Worst NFL executive in the NFL, maybe in all of sports. No vision. No true football acumen. Yet sure he is the smartest one in the room when he may just be the dumbest. Not to mention at last some evidence he is dishonest. Total POS! 

Ok, rant over. Back to your regularly scheduled programming. 

To the fans it makes sense why Trent should have been traded. We know we aren’t ready.

Allen and Snyder think we are close so good luck trying to get them to think realistically.

They probably tune everything out and only surround themselves with like-minded idiots and are in their own loser bubble.

1 hour ago, FrFan said:

Is this stuff posted daily just to quell daily questions? Or do people really think he's going to show up AND be useful?

I just don't see how anyone can think him showing up is going to help this team. Penn is doing fine. Could they switch him to the right side? Sure. If Trent shows up. If Trent is in shape. If Trent isn't half assing it.

I just assume he's not here even when he does show up.

16 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

It's clear Trent does not want to play here. Move him! He could have done this last summer when many of us here said to do so. But no, he is right and the rest of the world is wrong. 

I'd add three things that might make this even crazier if its all true

A.  The Redskins will levy and not forgive the fines on Trent (according to one report)

B.  Trent will likely do the same song and dance next year and might hold out again (according to D. Hall from his conversation with Trent directly)

C.  Strong impression (multiple sources) that Trent will not resign here when his deal is over

Ok if all of this is true.  Let's say Trent comes back and they antagonize him further by not waiving off the fines.  We go through this dance all over again next year and then he leaves after that.  Forgetting the stupidity of forgoing an opportunity to upgrade the team with a high pick or two in a draft that might be special at LT -- they also are attracting constant drama to the team.  As some have pointed out who cover the team, Trent returning after all that has happened will have an edge to it.   You want Trent in that locker room when he supposedly has a beef with the medical staff and FO -- talk about awkward?   Plus a round 2 of this might be coming?

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Seeing as how we play the 49ers, i can see why we wouldn’t want to trade Trent to them before that and have to play against him. 

Perfectly fine for you to feel that way as a fan, entirely not okay for professionals responsible for managing a football team.

You'll never convince me that Kyle wouldn't have given up a first or a 2nd+ for Kirk when he took the job in SF either.  Instead, we got 7-9 and a comp pick.

Sheehan saying on air right now that he hears that they won't deal with SF because Dan/Bruce both hold a grudge against Shanny. He heard they could have gotten a first for Kirk from SF but they weren't interested.

Then Sheehan goes on about how petty and simple minded Bruce is.

If this is true (and I am inclined to believe it) then I agree with him. 

14 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Seeing as how we play the 49ers, i can see why we wouldn’t want to trade Trent to them before that and have to play against him. 

For me if you get a good deal, just take it.  If the SF game would impede their otherwise march to the playoffs then I'd worry about one game.  But if Sheehan is right we are wasting our time talking about SF, he says he hears they won't made deals with them.  I guess we will see.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sheehan saying on air right now that he hears that they won't deal with SF because Dan/Bruce both hold a grudge against Shanny. He heard they could have gotten a first for Kirk from SF but they weren't interested.

A lot of homers shot down those rumors because there is "no way Kirk is worth a first" but those same guys didn't expect him to get 3/84M fully guaranteed either.  Fan opinions on Kirk aside, Kyle's appreciation for Kirk is documented - in fact, there was an article after they traded for JimmyG about him being mopey that meant they couldn't get Kirk.  There are a lot of rumors that I can give or take, and really don't put much stock into, but that one made all the sense in the world, including Dan and Bruce being petty and unwilling to make 2 guys they didn't like happy together.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

For me if you get a good deal, just take it.  If the SF game would impede their otherwise march to the playoffs then I'd worry about one game.  But if Sheehan is right we are wasting our time talking about SF, he says he hears they won't made deals with them.  I guess we will see.

Bruce does what Dan wants, then takes the arrows from the media / fans for him. That’s one reason he keeps his job. Many bad “Bruce” decisions over the years were likely Dan decisions.  Sheehan always talks about “Dan & Bruce.”  But he should really be talking about “Dan.”

Fans don’t want to believe this as it takes away hope, because we could potentially get rid of Bruce.  But unfortunately Dan is likely the root cause. 

14 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Bruce does what Dan wants, then takes the arrows from the media / fans for him. That’s one reason he keeps his job. Many bad “Bruce” decisions over the years were likely Dan decisions.  Sheehan always talks about “Dan & Bruce.”  But he should really be talking about “Dan.”

Fans don’t want to believe this as it takes away hope, because we could potentially get rid of Bruce.  But unfortunately Dan is likely the root cause. 

No way to know one way or another.  If I had to trust anyone about the FO it would be Russell, he seems to have a good mole there because he's nailed a lot of stuff that ended up happening.

The impression I get listening to him, adding a little as to narratives from others (which hasn't been contradicted from anyone else) is this:

A.  Dan relies heavily on Bruce.  Bruce is the do everything guy there.  He runs personnel.  He runs the business.  He is in charge of the stadium.  He even represents Dan sometimes all on his own at owners meetings.  Dan has sort of checked out some and Bruce does make most of the calls but not all of them.  I was at Redskins Park one day, Dan wasn't even there.  I asked someone there about it and they told me he often isn't there.  

But....

B.  Dan is still emotionally very much like George Steinnbrenner.  He's improved a little but no much.   He is hard to work for.  He's high strung, imperious and short tempered.  It's a culture of fear at Redskins Park.  The bad culture there is set by Dan.  Bruce feeds into though.  He's a nicer guy than Dan but he will steam roll you if he thinks you are a threat to his power.  Dan does still sometimes interfere but he's not making most of the calls. 

C.  Dan and Bruce go drinking with each other night after night bonding with its them against the world.  the media is out to get them.  They've been beseiged by bad luck, etc.  They do genuinely think they are close.  It's not just a line they use.  They believe it. 

Is this all true, no way to know.   But I buy some version of this because it seems like every narrative is close to this in some form or another.  The other thing just about every beat guy and radio guy have hinted is that its way worse the drama at Redskins Park then what has been reported.  Sheehan in particular likes to make this point saying he can't share all the stories he hears, Paulsen, Russell, Dukes, Keim and others have said the same.   So Sheehan goes if anything Bruce-Dan get a break.

For any who wonder why would the press hold off on stories.  I know from my own business dealing with the press that they have to hold onto some stories because they were told in confidence and if they were exposed it would expose their source. 

19 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

TW for Ramsey... We are not a good team right now and Ramsey is a young, elite player. Fight the Dolphins for that #1 overall pick, then trade with the dolphins for two of their firsts for the #1 overall...

pipe dreams...

Ramsey would have Jay doing his laundry by day 2 in Washington.

Please forget the stupid trades and the high payouts for free agents. This team is not a contender. You just played 2 contending teams and you got pushed all over the field and they are not even the best. Wait till you play the Pats. It is not even about coaching, the teams in our division are much better than us and we are not going to catch them by paying 85 mil to a safety. Did he do anything the last 2 games? Dan and Bruce get your head out of your butt. The management has to realize we should be rebuilding. Get rid of TW and Norman and anyone that does not want to be here, for as high a draft choice as you can get. Loose as many games as pos and hopefully get the top pick in the draft. Trade that pick for as many #1s as you can get. That is the way to build a team. It is going to take forever trying to build getting the 15th pick every year as your team deteriates faster than your building program. You need multiple high picks not a 15 this year and a 17 next year and so on and on. Cheers.

No to Ramsey.

Get rid of Williams.

Trade Kerrigan in the offseason.

Let Norman walk (his contract is up, correct?)

Say goodbye to Jordan Reed (if his contract is up either work a sign and trade or let him go... [we could have traded him before this], if we have him under contract trade him).

Accrue draft picks, don't pass them out. 

Just now, KDawg said:

No to Ramsey.

Get rid of Williams.

Trade Kerrigan in the offseason.

Let Norman walk (his contract is up, correct?)

Say goodbye to Jordan Reed (if his contract is up either work a sign and trade or let him go... [we could have traded him before this], if we have him under contract trade him).

Accrue draft picks, don't pass them out. 

60F86836-B006-4212-A00A-C4F71225E127.gif

The Redskins will not accrue picks. It's not in their nature. Even when they try, we get fleeced. Jordan Reed wouldn't fetch a bag of chips. Smart move would have been letting go Norman before the season - we would have saved over 11m on the cap. 

Now is the prime time to sell TW. So many injuries to Tackles, but again I can see us getting fleeced or sitting tight and losing our ass per the usual.

1 minute ago, SemperFi Skins said:

The Redskins will not accrue picks. It's not in their nature. Even when they try, we get fleeced. Jordan Reed wouldn't fetch a bag of chips. Smart move would have been letting go Norman before the season - we would have saved over 11m on the cap. 

Now is the prime time to sell TW. So many injuries to Tackles, but again I can see us getting fleeced or sitting tight and losing our ass per the usual.

Williams, Norman, & Smith should have all been handled in the off-season. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd add three things that might make this even crazier if its all true

A.  The Redskins will levy and not forgive the fines on Trent (according to one report)

B.  Trent will likely do the same song and dance next year and might hold out again (according to D. Hall from his conversation with Trent directly)

C.  Strong impression (multiple sources) that Trent will not resign here when his deal is over

Ok if all of this is true.  Let's say Trent comes back and they antagonize him further by not waiving off the fines.  We go through this dance all over again next year and then he leaves after that.  Forgetting the stupidity of forgoing an opportunity to upgrade the team with a high pick or two in a draft that might be special at LT -- they also are attracting constant drama to the team.  As some have pointed out who cover the team, Trent returning after all that has happened will have an edge to it.   You want Trent in that locker room when he supposedly has a beef with the medical staff and FO -- talk about awkward?   Plus a round 2 of this might be coming?

I doubt the FO would be stupid enough not to trade him in the off season. I don't know if the FO had any inkling Trent was going to do this prior to the draft. Yea..there may have been "issues" but the holdout caught the FO off guard. Penn IS a Cheaper and adequate solution until he get hurt or worn down. If you can't get a #1..then deal with it in March 2020...The team has MUCH bigger issues in 2019 than this. At least we/re not alone..jets/miami/giants....The Jets thing makes me reconsider Gregg...I'll pass on him for that showing alone...

Archived