Owls0325

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Ramsey would up Norman's game and Dunbar is always hurt.  There's a case for Ramsey trade scenario but I don't know how that gets done.  I don't care if someone is a diva if they're top tier at their position and needed.  

Norman won't get #1 CB tier pay again.  He would be easy to extend at #2 CB salary.  Collins, Nicholson, Ramsey, Norman would solve the secondary problem.  

Three way trade using TW somehow could be an epic move.  Interesting at the least.

Edited by TheShredder

Lets be honest. If we were somehow to land both minkah and ramsey by trading trent and a first receiving a second or third back as well...our defensive talent would be best in league. Granted...manusky would still manage to be horrible so we would have a below average defense but hey. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, carex said:

it does.  That's basically how people are figuring us as having so much money this year

Wouldnt that money just be gone? I mean he is losing 700K per week unless we agree to pay it to him when he comes back. If we stand pat that money should just be removed from the cap right?

1 minute ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Lets be honest. If we were somehow to land both minkah and ramsey by trading trent and a first receiving a second or third back as well...our defensive talent would be best in league. Granted...manusky would still manage to be horrible so we would have a below average defense but hey. 

If a deal like that was on the table, you definitely do it. But i don’t see how BA could pull that off. 

Trent to Cleveland or sf for a first would start it but it could be done.

1 minute ago, SemperFi Skins said:

If you can somehow manage to get Ramsey and Fitz, you have to imagine Norman and TW, at the very least, are gone plus other compensation

I mean...you do it tho. 10/10 best secondary in league. Dunbar/more land as 3 and 4th...

Yes first rounder next year would be gone but for a talent of Ramsey you pull that trigger. Look at what browns gave for obj

If we could trade Williams for Ramsey id do back flips. If we could get fitz and ramsey for our 2020 1st and Williams then that would be even better. I juat dont think this front office could pull either of those off. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Wouldnt that money just be gone? I mean he is losing 700K per week unless we agree to pay it to him when he comes back. If we stand pat that money should just be removed from the cap right?

right. 

As I understand what happens is if he shows up at some point he counts for his normal cap hit minus fines and missed games.  If he never shows up up then his contract is pushed back a year.  I'm not sure how the fines would be figured in then, I guess just subtracted from the cap

• Thanks 1

If we could trade Trent for a 1st and second somehow.Then deal those picks for Ramsey and Fitzpatrick that would be great.Although I dont believe we could get that type of return for Trent.It alway fun to fantasize.

14 minutes ago, max21 said:

They should try to get Minkah, our secondary is trash 

I am cool with Minkah but only in a three way trade involving Trent, I don't want to lose the first.  Hoffman sticking with the Redskins are unwilling to trade Trent.  If so, it's sad and short sighted.  

51 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

If we could trade Williams for Ramsey id do back flips. If we could get fitz and ramsey for our 2020 1st and Williams then that would be even better. I juat dont think this front office could pull either of those off. 

I get the sentiment towards the FO, but this  is fantasy land. The FO would most likely have critics for what they gave up to make such deals happen lol

I knew Ramsey was a head case but I didn't get how much a head case until I dove a bit deeper tonight so I am out on Ramsey.    He's probably one of the top 3 pure cover corners in the league.   Too bad he can't control his emotions.

Minkah is a Swiss army knife, perfect for today's NFL.  He can play FS, CB, nickel.  He's a special player.  You can put him in the slot in nickel and then in base have him at FS.  Saban has said he's one of the smartest and more versatile players he's ever had. 

If they can swing this somehow in a three way trade involving Trent (I'd probably want some more back) I'd be all for it.  I wouldn't trade my first round pick though.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Jesus. No.

No no no.

Rebuilding teams don't TRADE picks for players. We're not close to winning. All of you looking for the team to trade for Minkah or Jalen are no different than BA trying to convince everyone that we're so close to winning and just need that one player to push us over the top. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Jesus. No.

No no no.

Rebuilding teams don't TRADE picks for players. We're not close to winning. All of you looking for the team to trade for Minkah or Jalen are no different than BA trying to convince everyone that we're so close to winning and just need that one player to push us over the top. 

we're not a rebuilding team, we're never going to be a rebuilding team

• Sad 1

KC was the first team to call about Ramsey but they’re in early talks. 

1 hour ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Fitz, Foster, Collins & Ramsey would make 2020 interesting. 

But, Jalen Ramsey has been a problem since HS... if we couldn’t rein in DJ, we’d likely find it impossible to make it work with Ramsey. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, carex said:

can he play regular corner when there's only two WRs on the field?

Yep, he can do everything in the secondary.  Heck the Dolphins even had him play some LB.  At best though at slot CB or FS.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

30 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Jesus. No.

No no no.

Young pro bowl caliber players are how you build a contender. Loading up the D, while we have a qb on a rookie contract, makes plenty of sense. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Would the skins use fitz properly?..I'm half..three quartes the way worried manusky wouldn't use him properly..

Hopefully they'd find a way to use him at LT if we lost our 1st round pick and Trent in some of these fantasy trades I've seen posted. Penn is a SHORT term fix.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Would the skins use fitz properly?..I'm half..three quartes the way worried manusky wouldn't use him properly..

No we have Manusky he does not use no one effectively.If we land Ramsey he wouldn't let him travel and would continue to play soft zone the guy is a moron.With Fitz he would play him at outside cb.Thats how Manusky rolls

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, carex said:

can he play regular corner when there's only two WRs on the field?

*He can probably play any of the 5 dB spots, and one of the lb spots in nickel.

4 dB spots and 1 of the lb spots when we have 3 down. 

Edited by volsmet