Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

3 hours ago, skinsmania123 said:

It may have been even pre-camp that this announcer on NFL Network was pointing out that a weakness he really saw on the Brown's was at LT.   I say trade Trent to the Brown's for no less then a 1st. 

I would do that trade, the Browns could turn out to be paper tigers and not quite ready for that next step yet. Mayfield and OBJ could potentially be a catastrophe waiting to happen in that lockeroom and we could capitalize.

5 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Not sure if you're joking or not, but they want to be losing games, so...

Yep, if they are as in love with Tua as their beat guys say the only way their plan gets foiled is if they are better than expected and miss out on the #1 pick, so they are driving head first to the #1 pick in the draft.  I think they understand stripping their team of talent will make them worst in the short term.  That's a big part of the point. 

For the Redskins, i am not interested in stripping things bare like the Dolphins.  Just trading Trent for a first would satisfy me.  I doubt it happens though.  But I thought the protection was fine yesterday without him. 

8 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Don't want the last pick in the first round of the draft. We had our chance with Houston and we were too dumb to make the move. TW is worth way more than the 32nd pick. 

I think they can get more than just a first especially if its a late first.  Though the late first rounders are prime real estate for trade downs, teams clamor for the 5th year contract players and don't want to chance losing their guy in the early 2nd. 

Get Trent and AP back in the fold ASAP. This team will beat the other average teams if Keenum can limit mistakes. 

Lets get in that top 12 to get some momentum going and experience for the team as the Akins hand it over to the rookie or Alex Smith ;)

1 hour ago, wit33 said:

Get Trent and AP back in the fold ASAP. This team will beat the other average teams if Keenum can limit mistakes. 

Lets get in that top 12 to get some momentum going and experience for the team as the Akins hand it over to the rookie or Alex Smith ;)

Keenum shocked me.  If he plays like this every game, it could be a playoff team. i know the loss hurts so some see it all doom and gloom but I think there was plenty to like too yesterday IMO.  The thing though that equally shocked me is the defense's putrid performance.   So that has to be an aberration if they have a winning season.  Never did I think before the season that I'd be saying thumbs up keenum and thumbs down to the defense.  

As for Alex, I doubt he starts here again. But I'd love to see him as a dude make a successful comeback.  It would be a great story.   I think its Haskins for sure next season.

As for Trent I still want to trade him.  This dude below is almost always wrong but he seems to get some hay from some on twitter, so I gather it will fuel some twitter rumor talk.  

48 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Trade this guy ASAP. Yesterday woke me up to our reality. Get what you can get, make the move, turn the page.

Greg Robinson got dominated and was kicked out of the game yesterday. He is, at best, average anyway at the LT spot. Maybe the Browns become a more serious destination for Trent given their LT situation and the expectations this year. I'd do Trent for their 1st and the Duke Johnson pick

3 hours ago, wit33 said:

AP isn't the answer better offensive line play is. Trent would help that, but the right side of the line looked like crap yesterday as well at times. 

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

After watching the D-line once Jonathan Allen went out compared to the O-line.......at this point I want Trent Williams back to take a crack at playing on the D-line.

Well rushing 3 defensive linemen at a time didn't help. I think lack of good coaching is the problem. Losing Allen hurt, but if losing him hurts that much. This team is in big trouble on the dline.

1 minute ago, desertbeagle85 said:

AP isn't the answer better offensive line play is. Trent would help that, but the right side of the line looked like crap yesterday as well at times. 

I like AP’s running traits and unique ability to get to the second level 1-4 times a game. Hard to say a player of APs caliber wouldn’t matter, but I hear you on the Oline, play calling, QB run audibles all having to be in sync to consistently run the ball. 

Why do you feel the right side side looked like crap? Is this just in the run game. Was Scherff and Moses both bad in the run game. Going a tad outside my scope of NFL knowledge, but it appeared the Eagles run blitzed all game on obvious run situations. It appears Gruden is willing to take the tough 2-3 yards to provide opportunities for the occasional play action down the field. 

2 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

I thought the o line played great yesterday..or did I miss something..so either way with or with out trent it looks like we could be ok

I don't think I'd use the word great. Also the run blocking seemed pretty bad with the few times we did run. 

1st & 10 at PHI 40

(5:50 - 1st) (Shotgun) C.Thompson right end pushed ob at PHI 34 for 6 yards (R.Darby). PENALTY on WAS-M.Moses, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at PHI 40 - No Play.

2nd & 10 at WSH 25

(7:14 - 3rd) (Shotgun) PENALTY on WAS-M.Moses, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at WAS 25 - No Play.

3rd & 10 at WSH 27

(4:53 - 3rd) (Shotgun) C.Keenum pass incomplete short middle to V.Davis (S.Jones). Penalty on WAS-D.Penn, Offensive Holding, declined.

2nd & 3 at WSH 28
(14:12 - 4th) D.Guice right end ran ob at WAS 33 for 5 yards (N.Bradham). PENALTY on WAS-D.Penn, Chop Block, 15 yards, enforced at WAS 30. Penalty on WAS-M.Moses, Offensive Holding, declined.

1st & 10 at WSH 49

(2:03 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) C.Keenum pass short right to V.Davis to PHI 48 for 3 yards (R.McLeod). PENALTY on WAS-E.Flowers, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at WAS 49 - No Play.

Quinn also screwed up a 5 yd run by Guice. 

1st & 10 at WSH 14

(8:02 - 2nd) D.Guice up the middle to WAS 19 for 5 yards (N.Bradham). PENALTY on WAS-T.Quinn, Offensive Holding, 7 yards, enforced at WAS 14 - No Play.

2 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

After watching the D-line once Jonathan Allen went out compared to the O-line.......at this point I want Trent Williams back to take a crack at playing on the D-line.

9 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Definitely Allen.

10 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Something to ponder...

Which player loss was more key to us losing the ball game ?

Trent Williams or Jon Allen ?

Our running game was non-existent, but I don't think you can blame it all on the loss of Trent.

But on the flip side, Philly's run game erupted after Allen left the game.

So I'm gonna say Allen.

Come on.  

Allen is a really good player, no denying it.  But he's not JJ Watt.  Our defense can't hinge on one defensive end being healthy or not.  

Allen didn't give up 150+ yards passing to DeSean.  Allen didn't have Bostic covering Alshon Jeffery in the end-zone.  

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ye...

..  Just trading Trent for a first would satisfy me.  I doubt it happens though.  But I thought the protection was fine yesterday without him. 

Well the Browns (who may think their window is opening) may be more interested after their pass protection problems surfaced yesterday.

3 hours ago, wit33 said:

Great, beating the average teams is exactly where we want to be to get us to a nice 6-7 win season and “just a few bounces and breaks away from the playoffs” again. 

14 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Great, beating the average teams is exactly where we want to be to get us to a nice 6-7 win season and “just a few bounces and breaks away from the playoffs” again. 

It’s a process. 

The upcoming window will be largely dependent on Haskins, so yes, any positive momentum is welcomed as Haskins comes into the fold. The team continues to have average QB play (outside of RG3 rookie year), hopefully Haskins will break into the elite class someday. 

I get it though, much of the same talk during the Gruden era. 

1 minute ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Exactly...I'd rather unload some older guys, play the pups, and see what we have. 

How young do you want them to go or play?? Lol

The defense is young on all levels and the skill positions are crazy young with a rookie first round QB waiting in wings. 

This shift to playing young guys some are asking is taking place. Sure, some names remain present like Kerrigan and Norman (highly likely Norman is gone next year as well). 

Archived