Owls0325

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

 

He retired as he hated playing Guard, at least what was reported.

 

 

He didn't retire, he played RT for the Raiders and apparently sucked in that spot, and ended up on IR. They cut him after the season was over.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Mind blown if TW comes back.

 

SIP thanks for the bullets. Sounds like all of our hopes and fears confirmed. BA would fire anyone to keep TW, but TW really seems to be more about the money than taking a stand about the medical staff. BA was too stubborn in trying to discipline TW for the ****ed up timing of his holdout that he may have really ****ed the team over. Watch TW return week 10 when we're 3-7 just to get the "accrued season" under his belt.

 

After seeing what the Texans traded for the Dolphins, they were clearly desperate... Tunsil and Stills for multiple first rounders... I wonder what TW and Docston would have fetched.

 

Haha, I just had a mental image of Bruce saying to Trent: "You want to try to **** the team over?  Hold my beer"

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

This is probably as close as you'll get.

 

 

 

IMO that snippet about Trent is a bit out of context.  D. Hall was all over the place if you listen to the whole thing.   At different points he said he wouldn't be surprised if its soon but then at another point said he wouldn't be surprised if he waits right to the end point of getting accrued for the season -- he wasn't quite sure when that was, week 6 or 7, etc. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We blew it with Texans. Undeniable at this point. I love Trent, but he misses multiple games each year and is hobbled in several more. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

 

Are you agreeing with me and providing the source I should have or saying he is willing to play Guard. I do not see anything in there about him being Ok with playing Guard. He came here to play Tackle. Swing tackle would be Ok, but nothing about playing Guard. 

 

If you were just reinforcing that then thanks. Just was not sure from the post and your previous statement about him potentially playing Guard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WeThreeKingsRuleU said:

Haha, I just had a mental image of Bruce saying to Trent: "You want to try to **** the team over?  Hold my beer"

“That’s my job!”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

Yes.  I don't recall when it started but yeah it's been discussed on the draft thread and before all of this went down.  It wasn't my idea back then but I agreed with multiple people who liked the idea. 

 

You have a young roster.  you have talent.  But take it up a notch and go for the kill.  If you can get 13 million off your books and land hopefully a really good young LT on the cheap and hopefully with an emerging Haskins == then you might be cooking with oil.

 

Part of it for me is i am a skeptic about Trent's health.  I think now is the perfect time to trade him.  Trent hasn't hit Jordan Reed type status of being labeled injury prone but he's IMO just one more season away from being stuck with that label. 

 

 

 

 

All of that makes perfect sense and is one reason I was content with however this whole thing unfolded. I think I found myself not preferring any one scenario over the others, although I did keep saying for a while that I preferred to remain delusional and believe, right up umtil kickoff on September 8th, that Trent would be back with the team this season lol...right when I start to back away from that thought, this happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

 

He didn't retire, he played RT for the Raiders and apparently sucked in that spot, and ended up on IR. They cut him after the season was over.

I'm sure someone can pull up the PFF rating but he only played 5 games at RT and got the lisfranc injury and then he was out for the year.

 

 

Edited by JSSkinz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

 

 

Is it just a coincidence that, shortly after I type this post we get twitter reports that Trent may indeed be reporting to the team in the coming weeks?...I THINK NOT!! lol...

 

I think it's obvious now--Trent reads my posts.

 

 

D. Hall did mention Califan has come up in conversations with Trent.  

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

 

So are putting equal blame on both parties?  Bruce didnt hold out, Trent did.  Bruce didnt cave on this hold out, Trent did.

BA didn't care at all about it nor about the others players complaining about the med staff. Almost two years in a row with the most players on IR.

Why didn't he do his job about it when he had to, make changes in the med staff? And now he is allegedly asking Trent who to fire ? :wtf:

Edited by FrFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

 

Are you agreeing with me and providing the source I should have or saying he is willing to play Guard. I do not see anything in there about him being Ok with playing Guard. He came here to play Tackle. Swing tackle would be Ok, but nothing about playing Guard. 

 

If you were just reinforcing that then thanks. Just was not sure from the post and your previous statement about him potentially playing Guard. 

I don't know that he would play guard but I think based on what he's said he's not too interested in playing RT, just my perception though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

 

He didn't retire, he played RT for the Raiders and apparently sucked in that spot, and ended up on IR. They cut him after the season was over.

 

He had not formally retired but my understanding was it was his intent but maybe I got that wrong.  So please forgive this egregious error ...  🙂  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Throw out Bruce's name so I don't get into a "Bruce off" with anyone.

 

I think any GM in the league would expect this, its not too much to ask and not disclosing your displeasure with the team until the last minute is a dick move.  IMO

 

I'm as #firebruceallen as can be, but I'd see where he was coming from here.

From a business perspective, Trent would have the most leverage doing it when he did.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've said all along if this is about money. Trent isn't worth a extension at his age. So that means Bruce actually made the right call here. If Trent shows up and plays next week. Bruce looks like really good when it comes to this one. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CTskin said:

After seeing what the Texans traded for the Dolphins, they were clearly desperate... Tunsil and Stills for multiple first rounders... I wonder what TW and Docston would have fetched.

1

 

Probably not as much, because in that scenario they would know they could always go get Tunsil and Stills instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Never thought I'd see the day that hearing Trent will return to the team was bad news.  The most valuable trade piece on the entire roster who's best days will be behind him if and when this team ever ends up being good.  

 

Well...if everything works out (IE Haskins) this team could be good next year. Trent's best year could be next year. Who knows. He technically should be in his Prime right now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Never thought I'd see the day that hearing Trent will return to the team was bad news.  The most valuable trade piece on the entire roster who's best days will be behind him if and when this team ever ends up being good.  

 

They could still trade him, and I hope that they do. But you're right...they will think that bringing back an aging name (who is admittedly still clearly better than anything we'd be able to replace him with) on a .500-or-worse team is the way to go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, mcdonaldrw said:

So with Trent supposedly coming back, does anyone else think we will see the same hustle we got out of Haynesworth when it was clear he didn't want to be here.  

 

Not only that it's like Trent is going to be in game day shape as soon as he walks in the building.

 

If Trent is on the field, he won't half ass it. Of that, I am pretty certain. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

IMO that snippet about Trent is a bit out of context.  D. Hall was all over the place if you listen to the whole thing.   At different points he said he wouldn't be surprised if its soon but then at another point said he wouldn't be surprised if he waits right to the end point of getting accrued for the season -- he wasn't quite sure when that was, week 6 or 7, etc. 

 

Yeah, I know some fans are doing cartwheels about this, but if TW simply wants to accrue the season and comes back to check the box, **** that ****. Trade his ass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

 

 

All of that makes perfect sense and is one reason I was content with however this whole thing unfolded. I think I found myself not preferring any one scenario over the others, although I did keep saying for a while that I preferred to remain delusional and believe, right up umtil kickoff on September 8th, that Trent would be back with the team this season lol...right when I start to back away from that thought, this happens.

 

To me I don't care about the emotions of anyone here.   I think someone like Belichick would be ruthless -- what can he do to make this team a winner.   If he thought adding another first rounder or whatever helps him reach a SB that's would likely be his bottom line. 

 

Listening to the rap from D. Hall it made me think less of Trent AND Bruce for different reasons.  We got a dose of Trent on the money side.  We also got a dose of Bruce determined to make a point above all and in win now mode -- we got a dose at least in my mind of things that I don't like on either front and that I spelled out in advance.  But I still don't care about the emotions or feelings about either dude.  I want to trade the dude.  😀

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

 

Williams can't guarantee anyone they will be the starter. What he can tell Penn, though, is that his holdout is real or that chances are he wouldn't be back, so the opportunity to start was legit. 

 

I'm sure Penn knew he could win that job with his eyes closed as long as Trent wasnt there.  Especially given who the competition was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, drowland said:

To clarify, Hall said sometime between week 2 and week 10 or he said week 2?  

 

D. Hall made it confusing by saying it could be soon or it could be whenever the end game is for accumulating an accrued season. 

 

Looks like Ian is jumping on the podcast's points.  Ian says in it that he heard that he can come back next week.  but there is no national reporter who I think less of than that dude as for getting things right. 

 

 

 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

D. Hall did mention Califan has come up in conversations with Trent.  

 

 

giphy.gif

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member