Owls0325

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

10 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I think I know what the plan is. The Dolphins just traded away their LT. They need a new one. Those two first round picks were them just stocking up on ammo. The Dolphins are going to offer us THREE first round draft picks.

You heard it here first.

Oddly enough, there was talk that Miami wanted to revamp their Online a little while back, and there was even some talk they were interested in Williams. And supposedly they were very unhappy with Tunsil and his work habits, which would presumably have a lot to do with why he was available.  

Though it really doesn't seem like Williams makes any sense with what they're doing, so I was always highly skeptical there was anything to that.

12 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I could see the dolphins using one of those first round picks trying to get Trent..

No way, they are in rebuild mode.  No reason to bring in anyone over 30 whose best years are behind them.  

The dolphins are in great shape.  Two firsts and two seconds each of next two drafts, and their own picks will probably be very high in each round.  In three years, they could be the best young team in the NFL.

Edited by KillBill26

23 minutes ago, RWJ said:

You've got to be joking, right?

If it doesn't happen, yes. If it does happen, no.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I think I know what the plan is. The Dolphins just traded away their LT. They need a new one. Those two first round picks were them just stocking up on ammo. The Dolphins are going to offer us THREE first round draft picks.

You heard it here first.

That's not possible.

Because we no longer have Doctson to spice up the deal into adding an extra 1st

• Haha 4

Okay...do people actually think Doctson is as good as Kenny Stills? A guy who nobody wanted to trade a 7th for and nobody wanted to claim on wavers?

31 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

No way, they are in rebuild mode.  No reason to bring in anyone over 30 whose best years are behind them.  

The dolphins are in great shape.  Two firsts and two seconds each of next two drafts, and their own picks will probably be very high in each round.  In three years, they could be the best young team in the NFL.

1st round picks are like scratch tickets..ya win some ya lose alot..

I'm not sure exactly how the deal went down..they(dolphins)must have received a 1st for 2020 and one from 2021..so they than have 2 1st round picks in 2020..give one of em up for trent's service this year..idk..I'm better off just keeping in the corner probably lol..go Redskins!! Haha

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The Texans don’t even have a GM and their time is right now.  Nobody bypasses Trent Williams for Tunsil, unless Trent Williams is not available.  Would the haul be as much, who knows? But I’d bet everything I own that they made a significant offer that should have been accepted, and the Texans moved on. 

The Texans not having a GM might actually explain this story better than anything else. The trade for Clowny was bad and the trade for Tunsil was also bad. Who knows if they even wanted Trent. Sounds like they know what they want to do, but aren't going about it right. That's probably because they don't have a GM. Maybe that's the problem all together. 

When  there is a creditable source saying the Skins turned down what was offered to the Dolphins. I'll be just as mad as everyone else, but I have yet to see that yet. 

Edited by desertbeagle85
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The Texans don’t even have a GM and their time is right now.  Nobody bypasses Trent Williams for Tunsil, unless Trent Williams is not available.  Would the haul be as much, who knows? But I’d bet everything I own that they made a significant offer that should have been accepted, and the Texans moved on. 

Pretty much what Pat Kirwin said on Serius XM the other day too. He said Williams value to a team that wants to win right now is more than any first round pick in any draft because it doesn't matter who you draft next year with even the #1 overall pick. He's not going to be as good as Trent Williams is right now for 3-4 years, which is a Top 3 LT.

BTW, Tunsil isn't even close yet Bumbling Bruce still will get nothing because him and Doofus Dan are a team of buffoons, not unlike the 3 Stooges.

They're high-fiving each other as we speak because they've really shown Trent who's boss.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

When  there is a creditable source saying the Skins turned down what was offered to the Dolphins. I'll be just as mad as everyone else, but I have yet to see that yet. 

I’m not sure mad is the word for it.  Secondly, the only people that care what could have been for the Skins are right here.  I doubt anyone is working through the night to find out what happened. Teams deny this type of stuff all the time as there is nothing to gain from it. Lastly, they don’t need to have offered the same deal to the Skins for it to still be a problem.  

forget about what the Skins are or are not trading Williams for.  Let's think about the future problem.

There's six games left in the season and Trent finally reports so his contract will advance

Do the Redskins have to accept this?  Could they decide "We know you'll just do the same thing next year so it's not happening this season."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, carex said:

forget about what the Skins are or are not trading Williams for.  Let's think about the future problem.

There's six games left in the season and Trent finally reports so his contract will advance

Do the Redskins have to accept this?  Could they decide "We know you'll just do the same thing next year so it's not happening this season."

I’m pretty certain there is absolutely nothing they can do about that.  Sure, they could not play him, make him inactive, etc.  But his contract would still advance and the checks would have to start being written again.

The Clowney trade I was thinking all trade market will be terrible. Then the Tunsil/Still trade happened and I got feeling a bit more optimistic. 

The common denominator is Houston. I think because they don't have a GM they are far less predictable and are stepping outside the norm. I actually think Clowney was supposed to go to Miami, but he blew that up. Houston then patched together a trade to fill the gaps. 

Anyway, how does this relate to Trent? It doesn't. If we traded we'd do better than Houston did when trading away Clowney, but we'd also do worse than what Miami got for the LT/WR combo. 

33 minutes ago, carex said:

That would be an awkward situation, but they would have to accept him and keep him on the 53.  They definitely shouldn't cut him just so he goes away, bc you are forfeiting any compensation and you are giving the holdout exactly what he wanted.   I guess he could exaggerate an existing ailment ie knee and claim to be done for the season, that way he gets paid and get his credit for a season.  Then he would be facing off with the medical staff again.   That could get interesting.

7 hours ago, TheBlueIndian said:

This assertion that Bruce won't trade Trent for a bounty of picks and players is completely ridiculous. The guy is a freaking tool to be sure but he is not going to pass up a king's ransom for an aging player who has missed significant time over the last 3 seasons.  Clearly we haven't received an offer like the Houston > Miami deal or it would be in the books. It would be malpractice on Bruce's part to pass on it and he would never work in his capacity again not to mention Dan, Doug, Jay, Kyle  the freaking hotdogs vendor in the 200 level at the Fed and anyone else who gives a damn wouldn't allow it. It's not only bad business, its incompetence at the highest degree and would never play out as some kind of junk measuring contest that some are speculating it to be. Get a grip people there are a few adults in the building over in Ashburn. Not many but a few.

Few of things 

1. - Given Bruces reputation he knows this is his last hurrah as a GM so he has to win now. 2. - Future draft picks doesn't help him win now but Trent reporting would.  So yeah he would pass up a bevy of picks if taking those picks decreases the chances of winning now. 

38 minutes ago, jerryred24 said:

redskins have 2 roster spots open could they sign matt Khalil or try to steal greg Robinson from the browns 

Damn right they should have signed Robinson.

18 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Given Bruces reputation he knows this is his last hurrah as a GM so he has to win now.

Vinny got 10 years. Bruce has a decade under his belt here also. Ain't neither one of them ever won ****. Not a job requirement around here.

• Like 2

I dont see how kalil or robinson arent being flown here right this second...christian is a project at best as a back up we need some depth at the tackle position...

The Jay problem will be taking care off either by the bye or after the season.

The Skins will get little for Trent, when we trade him in 2020.

Bruce is a Synder clone, he isn't going anywhere.

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m not sure mad is the word for it.  Secondly, the only people that care what could have been for the Skins are right here.  I doubt anyone is working through the night to find out what happened. Teams deny this type of stuff all the time as there is nothing to gain from it. Lastly, they don’t need to have offered the same deal to the Skins for it to still be a problem.  

I personally don't care and I also don't care to trade Trent right now. I say call his bluff and see if he returns this season before trade deadline. If he doesn't see what the market is for him. If it's good trade him. If not trade him in the off season. If the Skins did get a offer like the Dolphins did for Trent. I will say that we clearly have the stupidest organization in the NFL. To be clear we might already have the stupidest organization in the NFL. That would just add to the facts. 

Edited by desertbeagle85

Although technically trading Trent now doesn't need to happen, does anyone else think this is probably something we don't want looming over the team during the regular season? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, carex said:

There is no reason to do this. in fact you play him and expect 100% out of him. Worry about next year when it happens. There are 52 other guys that will make sure he plays hard. Holding out is one thing. Most other players understand the business. But if you step on that field you better be ready to give 100%. It's one thing to **** with the FO but it's another to mess with the other players livelihood with your play on the field. Yes, him not being there affects players but again most will understand it's business. Getting on the field and laying down is a whole different thing. I have a really hard time believing that Trent would come in and half ass it. He has more respect for the other players than that. 

In my dreams, Penn plays like a stud.  the team plays way beyond our expectations and runs away with the NFC East out of the gate, looking like a serious contender.  What does TW do then?  You know he'd like a shot at a Super Bowl.  Does he show up with hat in hand?

I know, but I love ironic scenarios.

11 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

They just set themselves up nicely for a rebuild. 2 firsts and a second??? Houston has gone mad. 

It was so clear that Houston was ripe for the picking. Their oline has been a major issue and the need to protect their franchise qb was  vocalized. Trade rumors have been swirling for months. It was clear that they weren't happy with kalil (who was just cut) and with luck retiring, making the texans the divisional favorites, it was safe to assume that the Texans were in "win now" mode. They were desperate.

I can't believe we didn't take advantage of it. Trent could have easily garnered a 1st. 

• Like 3