• Blog Entries

• By Destino in ES Coverage
      We’re still doing this?  Absolutely!  Despite all the compelling reasons to just let everyone go home and enjoy and extended offseason, this is not an option.  The games must be played, and therefore we the long-suffering fans will feel compelled to watch.  Even games no reasonable football fan would choose to watch like, for example, today’s Redskins Jets game.   

Today’s convergence of sadness features the 30th ranked scoring offense (Jets 14.4 ppg) versus the 32nd (Redskins 12.0 ppg).  The first team to 15 wins!  With no playoff aspirations the compelling story lines for this game are largely limited to watching young players (hopefully) develop.  Dwayne Haskins gets his first home start and Derrius Guice is back from injury.   

My, reasonable, goals for today’s game:  
      1- Score a touchdown 
      2- Score more than 17 points.   
      3- Haskins throws for 200 yards or more with no interceptions  
      4- Guice runs the ball at least 10 times and finishes at 3.5 yards per carry and healthy.  

Hoping for a win at this point feels like setting myself up for disappointment, so I’m happy to settle for an entertaining loss.  

Special thanks to @pez for some excellent Guinness beef stew.  If you absolutely have to stand in a frozen parking lot at 9am, the best place to do it is at the Extremeskins Tailgate with Pez and @Huly.  Great fans, great people. 

The Redskins have declared for the following players as inactive: 
      Paul Richardson  
      Colt McCoy 
      Deshazor Everett 
      Chris Thompson  
      Ross Pierschbacher 
      Vernon Davis  
      Tim Settle  

The Jets declared the following players as inactive  
      Nate Hairston  
      Darryl Roberts  
      Paul Worrilow 
      Matthias Farley  
      CJ Mosley  
      Jordan Willis  
      Leo Koloamatangi 

1st Quarter - Redskins 0 - 6 Jets
      If you wanted to sit in the cold and watch a football game with some Jets fans at FedEx, but were worried that there were not enough seats available, I have good news.  There’s plenty of space available, so come on down and prove you’re a real fan by sitting though this in person.

Jets dominated the 1st quarter even though they only scored 6 points.  The reason being that Washington managed only 13 yards of offense and a single first down.  

Question: Is it still a check down pass if the QB never looks at anyone else?

2nd Quarter - Redskins 3 - 20 Jets
      The Jets have achieved an insurmountable 13 point lead early in the 2nd quarter.  All hope is lost.

Is there a more perfect example of the Redskins offense than their first scoring drive in the 2nd quarter?  Interception gives the Redskins the ball on the Jets 16 yard line.  They proceed to march 10 yards backwards before kicking a field goal from the Jets 26.  It's perfect.  Two or three more field goals we can call it a day. 

The Jets score again and if feels like they are are just piling on at this point.  Three touchdowns in the first half for them, just three points for the redskins.  Our streak of no touchdowns has now extended to 15 quarters. 

3rd Quarter - Redskins 3 - 20 Jets
      There is a spider slowly descending from the ceiling in the press box and it's the most interesting thing that's happened during the third quarter of this game. 

I have decided to allow the spider to live, provided it does not touch me.  I'm off to get some more caffeine. 

4th Quarter - Redskins 17 - 34 Jets
      The first wave of Redskins fans, the few that are here, started streaming towards the exits after that 4th Jets touchdown.  As if the Jets didn't have this game wrapped up in the 2nd quarter. 

Jet have now more than doubled their average points per game and have matched their season high of 34 points (and they missed two field goals in this game). 

TOUCHDOWN REDSKINS!  THE DROUGHT IT OVER!  Guice took a short pass from Haskins  all the way to the house.  2 point conversion is successful on a pass from Haskins to Quinn. 

The Redskins score another touchdown!  This feels like an embarrassment of riches, even if we are still certain to lose this game. 

End of Game.

Let's review those reasonable goals I mentioned earlier:

1- Success.
      2- Close enough, I'm counting it
      3- Haskins did throw for over 200, but unfortunately did have an interception. 
      4- Guice was not given the opportunity to run the ball ten times today.  He did however score on a 45 yard TD pass and finish the game healthy.  I'll take it.

Even though the Redskins lost, it was good to see the offense show some faint signs of life and end the streak of games without a TD.  The team looked competitive for much of the second half, and perhaps they could have made this a fun game if they carried that same energy throughout.  It was good to see Guice and Mclaurin show out today.  I think both of them have a future with this team that I look forward to seeing. 

Owls0325

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

2 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Why? 

I think you're just as guilty at knowing nothing. You don't even know if the Texans contacted the Skins. All you're doing is comparing there stats. You aren't working for the Texans. So stop acting like you know what happened today or this week. If it comes out that the Skins turned down the offer that was given to the Dolphins. Well I agree the with you, but that hasn't happened yet. 

A 31 year old Trent is more valuable than a 32 year old Trent.

It was widely reported that the Texans had contacted the Skins and were rebuffed.  Admittedly the reports could have been wrong.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This thread sucks. Come in here for news and get an immature dick measuring contest. 

Is there a mature dick measuring contest?...If there is, I imagine them saying "By jove" a lot during it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, Califan007 said:

Is there a mature dick measuring contest?...If there is, I imagine them saying "By jove" a lot during it.

Good point. Maybe one without including smartass gifs would be a touch more mature 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, dyst said:

Aren’t you tired of losing? Don’t you get tired of always finding a “reason” why so and so didn’t happen lol. Come on man. Probably have an excuse for Kirk also. Good soldier at least.

Did I give you a excuse for Kirk? Stop acting like you know what everyone else is thinking. Also stop saying people are sticking up for the organization when they don't agree with some of your crying. 

36 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This thread sucks. Come in here for news and get an immature dick measuring contest. 

I agree 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Your post, however, was illuminating.

34 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Good point. Maybe one without including smartass gifs would be a touch more mature 

The e-bro’s who contribute jack & criticize all are so badass. 

I’ll see you at the next underground rap battle.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Kudos to @Skinsinparadise for still trying to fight the good fight in here and stay on topic.  

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Did I give you a excuse for Kirk? Stop acting like you know what everyone else is thinking. Also stop saying people are sticking up for the organization when they don't agree with some of your crying. 

I agree 

If you spent as much time reading books

As you do posting crap

You probably wouldn’t have AIDS

1 hour ago, nonniey said:

A 31 year old Trent is more valuable than a 32 year old Trent.

It was widely reported that the Texans had contacted the Skins and were rebuffed.  Admittedly the reports could have been wrong.

Well if they did the Skins might have just laid one of the biggest eggs ever. 

1 minute ago, volsmet said:

If you spent as much time reading books

As you do posting crap

I think it's time for you to go away. You're toxic

Edited by desertbeagle85

Just now, desertbeagle85 said:

I think it's time for you to go away. You're toxic

Intelligence is foreign to you, not toxic. 

2 minutes ago, volsmet said:

You probably won't be back.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, TK said:

Jeselnik jokes aren’t for everyone. 

9A9D6AA5-3AB6-4EDB-B5D1-DF641FD13C06.gif

9 minutes ago, TK said:

(Looks at post right after yours)

Things that make you go Hmmmmm.  ;) 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Jeselnik jokes aren’t for everyone. 

Personally I wish he'd do more Netflix specials. :)

Jeselnik or not, that was over the line. You'll be back in a week.

12 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

I think we'll see a banned by your name soon. 

And FIY, once was enough & "toxic" isn't a rule. Next time, actually list the Rule because the others didn't break any Rule.

4 minutes ago, TK said:

Personally I wish he'd do more Netflix specials. :)

Jeselnik or not, that was over the line. You'll be back in a week.

And FIY, once was enough & "toxic" isn't a rule. Next time, actually list the Rule because the others didn't break any Rule.

So what would be the rule for saying what he said. Not to mention how many times he's attacked people in this thread today.  

Edited by desertbeagle85
  • Like 1

Just now, desertbeagle85 said:

So what would be the rule for saying what he said. Not to mention how many times he's attacked people in this thread today.  

Go study them. 

#Teachamantofishkindaguy :) 

1 minute ago, TK said:

Go study them. 

#Teachamantofishkindaguy :) 

Thanks for the help

Need to make the Yellow color in text another color. Just my opinion 

Edited by desertbeagle85

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Also “my good man.”

• Haha 3

3 am here in Va....I woke up randomly hoping that I was dreaming we were in the Texans shoes.  Unfortunately we are not.

I don't know why we are just sitting on our hands with this Trent Williams situation.  Very, very deep draft for WR's next year, we don't have a second round pick, and Trent doesn't want to play for us and probably won't.  If he does, he will likely get hurt.  We were in prime position to cash in and so far those opportunities have disappeared like a fart in the wind.  I just feel crushed right now 

Image result for funny obstacle gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MassSkinsFan said:

Also “my good man.”

Throw in the occasional "Good show!" as well...

mdmc.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I see all this bickering and fighting in here...it makes me think of two fans of the same team duking it out in the stands..I dont get it..everyone can have there own opinions and feelings..I dont understand the fighting, we're all here for one thing...you know it..I know it..its to cheer on the Redskins....being a fan of our favorite football team..no matter how you want it this way or I want it that way theres nothing none of us can do about it..

I've never understood the whole arguing on the internet thing.

I dont even like to have conversations with people unless it's in person..facial expressions and tone of voice go along way.

• Like 3