Owls0325

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

2 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

That number will increase by trade deadline.

Maybe.  Luck would be the key variable one way or another.  

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

I can't shake the feeling that Trent did not go to Houston in part because Bruce does not want Trent to feel like he "won." His ego could deal with Trent going to Buffalo or Miami, but not to a contender.

Well yea if you are a GM, you are looking to trade to the Buffalo's and Miami's of the world because they are perennial basement dwellers. Its a better return on a 1st round pick.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Yall really think lewan would be ok here after what happened with him and 24?

Whens trade dl?

October 30th

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe.  Luck would be the key variable one way or another.  

Not Luck more teams will be looking for a LT. Especially with injuries and people making a push for the playoffs. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

I can't shake the feeling that Trent did not go to Houston in part because Bruce does not want Trent to feel like he "won." His ego could deal with Trent going to Buffalo or Miami, but not to a contender. Bruce not only wants to win the "trade" with another team if he trades, but he wants to win the battle of egos with Williams. He wants the ability to say, "See. You got what you wanted and it landed you in Hell."

I can see this and it is not really that uncommon in human interaction. Often they would rather lose than see the other guy win. Better if they both lose than have the other guy come out ahead of you.

Edited by nonniey

6 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

October 30th

Not Luck more teams will be looking for a LT. Especially with injuries and people making a push for the playoffs. 

We don't know for sure a contending team is going to both lose their LT and be willing to give a good haul for a late season push.  I see your optimism for it but I don't see how its slam dunk. 

• Like 1

Trent Williams isn’t worth a bag of wet towels to the team holding out, they should’ve traded him and been done with it.  Maybe Dan needs to have a talk with Andy Reid, Andy always helps Dan figure out how to boldly proceed.

• Haha 1

Problem is that the closer we get to the deadline, the less time is left on his contract. Thats a huge bonus for any team trading for Trent. They could trade for an elite LT under contract, and dont have to negotiate for 2 years, where his value should be affordable. 

1 hour ago, desertbeagle85 said:

LOL you're delusional

I for one have never said this front office is good. Hell it's probably the worst in the league. With that being said I know how football works. No one wanted RG3 and you say a 7th. Really so you would be happy with a 7th rd pick for RG3. Give me a break dude. We weren't getting anything for the guy and that's why he was released. Just like the Skins can't get anything for Doctson. When a guy is a bust he's a bust. 

Would I be happy with a 7th vs: just losing him for nothing? LMFAO serious?

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We don't know for sure a contending team is going to both lose their LT and be willing to give a good haul for a late season push.  I see your optimism for it but I don't see how its slam dunk. 

Listen we don't have to trade him and if he doesn't show up we don't have to pay him. So if we have to wait until free agency/draft  next year. So be it

2 minutes ago, dyst said:

Would I be happy with a 7th vs: just losing him for nothing? LMFAO serious?

Well obviously they couldn't get a 7th for him.  

7 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Trent Williams isn’t worth a bag of wet towels to the team holding out, they should’ve traded him and been done with it.  Maybe Dan needs to have a talk with Andy Reid, Andy always helps Dan figure out how to boldly proceed.

It's also not worth trading him for nothing. Need something good for him. There is no hurry the guy is under contract for 2 more years. 

• Haha 1

Just now, desertbeagle85 said:

Listen we don't have to trade him and if he doesn't show up we don't have to pay him. So if we have to wait until free agency/draft  next year. So be it

You mean trade him next off season?  If so his trade value should be less. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SonnyandSam said:

I can't believe some of you think the Texans would have preferred an often injured older Trent Williams over an upcoming younger Tunsil. They paid too much but no way were the Texans giving up two #1 picks for Trent. They now have a high caliber LT for a decade to protect their young QB.

Let's keep in mind the fact that you don’t know anything at all; you’d be an odd source for anyone to defer to.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Why? 

5 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Let's keep in mind the fact that you don’t know anything at all; you’d be an odd source for anyone to defer to.

I think you're just as guilty at knowing nothing. You don't even know if the Texans contacted the Skins. All you're doing is comparing there stats. You aren't working for the Texans. So stop acting like you know what happened today or this week. If it comes out that the Skins turned down the offer that was given to the Dolphins. Well I agree the with you, but that hasn't happened yet. 

Edited by desertbeagle85
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Well obviously they couldn't get a 7th for him.  

Yes I know. THEY couldn’t, THEY are incompetent. If Sam ****ing Bradford could get a 1st and a 4th. If Bridgewater went for a 3rd. I don’t put this on our players. Sure one can make an argument that RG3 sucked. Then WTH did we blunder the Kirk situation, did Kirk suck too? The common theme is the damn front office. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nonniey said:

We're not getting anything for him. If this proves anything it proves that Allen will not trade Williams . I'm now sure the Texas would have given up at least a 1st and 2d for Williams in preference over two 1sts and a 2d for Tunsil - this shows Allen wasn't taking their calls at all. 

How do you know they called at all? You have to take into consideration that giving up first rounders for a busted up 30 year old is just bad business. Is Trent better than Tunsil right now? Yep. Will he be in tow year though?

27 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I can't shake the feeling that Trent did not go to Houston in part because Bruce does not want Trent to feel like he "won." His ego could deal with Trent going to Buffalo or Miami, but not to a contender. Bruce not only wants to win the "trade" with another team if he trades, but he wants to win the battle of egos with Williams. He wants the ability to say, "See. You got what you wanted and it landed you in Hell."

I didn’t think of this until you mentioned it but now.... unfortunately I can believe it which is supremely petty and stupid.

9 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Why? 

He's 31 years old this season.  So you got now a 32 year old with just one year left on his contract.  And you got a draft coming up loaded with LTs and then you also have FA which give you multiple options.  Right now teams have no other options to get a LT.  There is no draft before the season.  there is no FA.  Just trades and cheap FAs on the street.  it's night and day between trading him now or during the season versus next off season IMO. 

This isn't directed at you.   I thought of a good way to explain the Trent versus Tunsil trade value drill.  OK if I played along that Tunsil being younger increases his value even though he is nowhere as good as Trent.    And I understand that argument.  Then lets take out a big part of the Texans trade and that is one of their #1 picks. 

So Trent for a #1 and #2.  that ironically is what Finlay said he thought the FO asking price was.    In that case, we get nowhere near the Tunsil haul but its still a very good haul anyway.  My point is if anything the Tunsil trade doubles down (versus refutes) that Trent is worth a first rounder and likely another high pick, too.  That's exactly what Schefter said weeks back. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, dyst said:

Yes I know. THEY couldn’t, THEY are incompetent. If Sam ****ing Bradford could get a 1st and a 4th. If Bridgewater went for a 3rd. I don’t put this on our players. Sure one can make an argument that RG3 sucked. Then WTH did we blunder the Kirk situation, did Kirk suck too? The common theme is the damn front office. 

Whatever dude

Everyone knows they're incompetent, but some of your arguments like RG3 don't make sense. I think someone got cut today you're mad about and are now going off. 

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

How do you know they called at all? You have to take into consideration that giving up first rounders for a busted up 30 year old is just bad business. Is Trent better than Tunsil right now? Yep. Will he be in tow year though?

Personally if Trent stays healthy, he will be better than Tunsil probably at least until he's 35.  I think the gap between Trent and Tunsil is that big.  Trent to me is elite.  Tunsil i think is just good.  It's like having a 330 hitter versus a 280 hitter IMO.   Granted Trent's health is the wildcard. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Thats fair. But we also own his rights for two more years if he doesnt show. He can hold out. We can say screw you. You will play for us or not at all. Now. I would prefer to snag a first rounder for the guy and be done with it. But I get the taking a stand thing as well.

4 minutes ago, dyst said:

did Kirk suck too? 

Idk but his rehearsal pre season game looked uuuuuugly...and of course its followed by "gonna look at the tape,clean some things up see what I can do different" 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He's 31 years old this season.  So you got now a 32 year old with just one year left on his contract.  And you got a draft coming up loaded with LTs and then you also have FA which give you multiple options.  Right now teams have no other options to get a LT.  There is no draft before the season.  there is no FA.  Just trades and cheap FAs on the street.  it's night and day between trading him now or during the season versus next off season IMO. 

This isn't directed at you.   I thought of a good way to explain the Trent versus Tunsil trade value drill.  OK if I played along that Tunsil being younger increases his value even though he is nowhere as good as Trent.    And I understand that argument.  Then lets take out a big part of the Texans trade and that is one of their #1 picks. 

So Trent for a #1 and #2.  that ironically is what Finlay said he thought the FO asking price wise.    We will get nowhere near the Tunsil haul in that case but its still a very good haul.  My point is if anything the Tunsil trade doubles down (versus refutes) that Trent is worth a first rounder and likely another high pick, too.  That's exactly what Schefter said weeks back. 

Age would be the only reason. Contract probably doesn't  matter, because he'll want a extension either way. Teams will trade for a LT before the drat because they don't want to spend a high pick at LT. Also teams looking for a LT in the draft might not get that LT. So they trade for one after the draft. They're a lot of moving points here and I don't disagree with you. With that being said if the Texans didn't call the Skins there isn't much that could've been done anyway. Everyone that is mad about this is assuming the Texans would've taken Trent. We just don't know this at this time. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Personally if Trent stays healthy, he will be better than Tunsil probably at least until he's 35.  I think the gap between Trent and Tunsil is that big.  Trent to be is elite.  Tunsil i think is just good.  It's like having a 330 hitter versus a 280 hitter IMO.   Granted Trent's health is the wildcard. 

Brother you are lucky to get 12 games out of the guy. Is he a beast when healthy? Yep. But healthy is not a word you use with Trent. And that has A LOT to do with his trade value.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Difference being the for some crazy reason, Brad seems to want to stay here. John and Brad are too real to bail for greener pastures. The Dame and McCollum of the East.

I want to agree with you, but I wont believe it until he signs the offer.  The longer it takes, the more I think he wont

41 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Also, Im starting to think this Rui dude may just be something special. That mid-range game is legit.

This is off-topic, but I agree with you, he hasnt played a game and i already like "Otto who?"

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Thats fair. But we also own his rights for two more years if he doesnt show. He can hold out. We can say screw you. You will play for us or not at all. Now. I would prefer to snag a first rounder for the guy and be done with it. But I get the taking a stand thing as well.

To each their own.  Not me as for taking stand.  We don't even know that Trent is wrong in his position let alone me getting fired up about taking a stand against him.  

8 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Whatever dude

Everyone knows they're incompetent, but some of your arguments like RG3 don't make sense. I think someone got cut today you're mad about and are now going off. 

Aren’t you tired of losing? Don’t you get tired of always finding a “reason” why so and so didn’t happen lol. Come on man. Probably have an excuse for Kirk also. Good soldier at least.

• Like 1