Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

Trent IMO is clearly a better LT than Tunsil.  Tunsil obviously is younger.  I still think we can get a big haul for Trent -- every national reporter I've heard speak on it thought they could get at least a #1 for Trent.  Schefter who I trust the most thought they can get multiple high picks including a #1. 

IMO saying now Trent maybe isn't worth a haul is rationalizing.  And there is really no one backing that up -- at least not yet.  Every reporter has said there was multiple suitors  Every major national reporter have said they should get at least a first.  

I still think they can get a haul here.  I am sticking to my main fear is Bruce decides to do a stand off with Trent versus trade him.  Will he do that?  I don't know.  It feels to me 50-50 either way.  Maybe the Texans trade and all the good PR the Dolphins get from it -- spurs Bruce to make a deal like that of his own or close enough.  I hope. 😀

37 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

LOL he won rookie of the year that's your argument? He also blew out his knee that year and was never the same. Let the RG3 BS go. He was a bum after 1 year. 

7th round pick. Like I said, a competent front office could have easily got something for him. How anyone even makes excuses for this front office is baffling. Yikes

16 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Maybe the guy who would have to pull the trigger on any trade is just a dope, like we all have suspected for a decade, so we'll never know.

True.  I suspect we've been shutting down trade talks about Trent when people have come calling about him instead of hashing out offers.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

True.  I suspect we've been shutting down trade talks about Trent when people have come calling about him instead of hashing out offers.

Which, if that is the case, is malpractice. You have to listen on anybody. Every player is available for the right price if you are good at your job.

When evaluating the risk assessment of trading for TW the upside vs downside risk are offset.  He doesn't play in enough games on avg per year and that's a serious blow to the upside.  Throw in the chance he fails another drug test and it makes things difficult to negotiate that blockbuster trade with the fact you'd have to pay him top of the market for an extension into his age 34 and 35 year markers.  It's tricky and essentially you're taking on too much risk for the reward. 

I wish I'd never become a Skins fan 30+ years ago.  Constantly being kicked in the balls!

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, dyst said:

7th round pick. Like I said, a competent front office could have easily got something for him. How anyone even makes excuses for this front office is baffling. Yikes

LOL you're delusional

I for one have never said this front office is good. Hell it's probably the worst in the league. With that being said I know how football works. No one wanted RG3 and you say a 7th. Really so you would be happy with a 7th rd pick for RG3. Give me a break dude. We weren't getting anything for the guy and that's why he was released. Just like the Skins can't get anything for Doctson. When a guy is a bust he's a bust. 

22 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Trent IMO is clearly a better LT than Tunsil.  Tunsil obviously is younger.  I still think we can get a big haul for Trent -- every national reporter I've heard speak on it thought they could get at least a #1 for Trent.  Schefter who I trust the most thought they can get multiple high picks including a #1. 

IMO saying now Trent maybe isn't worth a haul is rationalizing.  And there is really no one backing that up -- at least not yet.  Every reporter has said there was multiple suitors  Every major national reporter have said they should get at least a first.  

I still think they can get a haul here.  I am sticking to my main fear is Bruce decides to do a stand off with Trent versus trade him.  Will he do that?  I don't know.  It feels to me 50-50 either way.  Maybe the Texans trade and all the good PR the Dolphins get from it -- spurs Bruce to make a deal like that of his own or close enough.  I hope. 😀

We're not getting anything for him. If this proves anything it proves that Allen will not trade Williams . I'm now sure the Texas would have given up at least a 1st and 2d for Williams in preference over two 1sts and a 2d for Tunsil - this shows Allen wasn't taking their calls at all. 

1 minute ago, nonniey said:

We're not getting anything for him. If this proves anything it proves that Allen will not trade Williams . I'm now sure the Texas would have given up at least a 1st and 2d for Williams in preference over two 1sts and a 2d for Tunsil - this shows Allen wasn't taking their calls at all. 

Which makes Bruce a complete moron when it comes to this. You always pickup the phone. 

The idea that Trent's value is diminished which i am seeing more strongly in this thread and in another one post Tunsil trade -- I couldn't disagree more. 

A.  Trent > Tunsil.  And it's not close.  Yes Tunsil is younger.  But it matters that Trent is better.  Trent has been in a zillion pro bowls.  Tunsil - zero. 

B.  The Texans getting a haul for Tunsil should help and not hurt Trent's value

C.  Every major national reporter would have to be wrong about his trade value.

D.  Every major national reporter would have to be wrong about there being multiple suitors interested in Trent

E.  Look at apples to apples comparisons for trades for high level LTs, and that was before the Tunsil trade.  That was one of Schefter's points.

F.  Worse case scenario look at the Duane Brown trade.  Seattle has the reputation of never getting fleeced and they made that deal for a LT who wasn't as good and was older than Trent at the time.  they traded two high round picks for Brown. 

If people want to argue that Tunsil can haul in more.  Maybe.  But I actually think its close.    If I am a serious contender, I'd want Trent over Tunsil. 

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The idea that Trent's value is diminished which i am seeing more strongly in this thread and in another one post Tunsil trade -- I couldn't disagree more. 

A.  Trent > Tunsil.  And it's not close.  Yes Tunsil is younger.  But it matters that Trent is better.  Trent has been in a zillion pro bowls.  Tunsil - zero. 

D.  Every major national reporter would have to be wrong about there being multiple suitors interested in Trent

E.  Look at apples to apples comparisons for trades for high level LTs, and that was before the Tunsil trade.  That was one of Schefter's points.

F.  Worse case scenario look at the Duane Brown trade.  Seattle has the reputation of never getting fleeced and they made that deal for a LT who wasn't as good and was older than Trent at the time.  they traded two high round picks for Brown. 

If people want to argue that Tunsil can haul in more.  Maybe.  But I actually think its close.    If I am a serious contender, I'd want Trent over Tunsil. 

Few are saying his value is diminished (or diminished that much) what we're saying is we ain't getting anything for Trent because Allen won't trade him. 

5 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Few are saying his value is diminished (or diminished that much) what we're saying is we ain't getting anything for Trent because Allen won't trade him. 

There are some here and on another thread who are playing down what we can haul for Trent.  As to it being "few" I agree with that. 

Yeah I am in the group that Bruce might not want to trade him.  I've made the point as hard as anyone here and even sourced it.  So I am aware that there are some people who think that me included. 

But yes there are some who I have noticed especially today have played down what we can get for Trent.  I am not saying they are wrong.  There is no way to know.  But I suspect based on piecing together different things people have said closer to the action -- that they are likely wrong.  😀 

42 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Which, if that is the case, is malpractice. You have to listen on anybody. Every player is available for the right price if you are good at your job.

It's the same mistake the Wizards made with Beal, instead of us getting a trade with someone desperate they went elsewhere because we wouldnt even listen to what they'd offer

25 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Value diminishes when perceived value precedes availability. We would need another team in dire need of a LT willing to give up a handful to make a move. I dont see that coming from anyone else right now. List of suitors are:

1. LA Chargers: Rivers is... old. The starting LT is down for half the year or more. But the star running back is seeking a trade and top star defensive player is out for the year. I cant see them making an expensive move here.

2. Tampa Bay: This OL might be just as bad as Houston's. Run game is nonexistent. Winston is playing for his career. But its Arians first year as coach. Why would he be ok for this kind of move?

3. New England: Bill is not giving up the farm after having traded for like 4 different linemen in the past week.

4. Minnesota: maybe if we tried at the deadline last year.

5. Cleveland?

6. Tennessee: Lewan Taylor is suspended the first 4 games.

?

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It's the same mistake the Wizards made with Beal, instead of us getting a trade with someone desperate they went elsewhere because we wouldnt even listen to what they'd offer

Difference being the for some crazy reason, Brad seems to want to stay here. John and Brad are too real to bail for greener pastures. The Dame and McCollum of the East.

Also, Im starting to think this Rui dude may just be something special. That mid-range game is legit.

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Trent’s Pro Bowl campaigns in 2012, 2013, etc. have no impact on his trade value.  How many Pro Bowls he can make going  forward are what you trade for.

I do agree that the Tunsil trade actually elevates any potential asking price for Trent.  

My point is Tunsil is a good not a great LT.   The Texans didn't get a great LT in his prime, they got a good LT in his prime.    If this was apples to apples and it was Tunsil being a younger Trent or even being close to a young Trent -- then Tunsil's value would be miles over Trent.  But IMO that's not the case.

The best analogy I can think of in Redskins terms is Tunsil would be like getting a young Brian Orkapo versus Trent being an older Von Miller.  There is some value to a Von Miller -- a distinctly superior player going to a contending team.  

I could see the argument that Tunsil is a better commodity than Trent because of his age but i don't see it by miles.  I always thought Trent's value would be more to a contender anyway versus a team with the long view.  And if I were a contender and I thought my team was close, I think I'd take Trent over Tunsil in that context.

And if the FO wants to trade Trent, IMO they likely could still do it.  There are a number of teams that need a LT.  to me the magic question remains does this FO want to trade Trent?  I don't know.   But IMO they should want to do it.   

4 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Value diminishes when perceived value precedes availability. We would need another team in dire need of a LT willing to give up a handful to make a move. I dont see that coming from anyone else right now. List of suitors are:

1. LA Chargers: Rivers is... old. The starting LT is down for half the year or more. But the star running back is seeking a trade and top star defensive player is out for the year. I cant see them making an expensive move here.

2. Tampa Bay: This OL might be just as bad as Houston's. Run game is inconsistent. Winston is playing for his career. But its Arians first year as coach. Why would he be ok for this kind of move?

3. New England: Bill is not giving up the farm after having traded for like 4 different linemen in the past week.

4. Minnesota: maybe if we tried at the deadline last year.

5. Cleveland?

6. Tennessee: Lewan Taylor is suspended the first 4 games.

?

Judging purely on twitter rumorville (which granted could be BS) it seems like the best shots would be Cleveland, the Jets and the Chargers.  

I can't shake the feeling that Trent did not go to Houston in part because Bruce does not want Trent to feel like he "won." His ego could deal with Trent going to Buffalo or Miami, but not to a contender. Bruce not only wants to win the "trade" with another team if he trades, but he wants to win the battle of egos with Williams. He wants the ability to say, "See. You got what you wanted and it landed you in Hell."

Archived