Owls0325

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

I'm not going to do that thing where I throw four huge paragraphs as you in disagreement, I'll just ask: what reason do you have to think this.

Well my reason would be he wants to keep his job. If this is all about the Texans trading 2 picks for Tunsil. People need to relax I doubt we got any offer close to that for Trent. Texans have been linked to Tunsil for a week or more. That's who they wanted and that's who they got. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

I respect you Skinsinparadise. But I have Volsmet blocked for a reason. He TELLS YOU he is connected but I have yet to see ANYTHING that tells me that is the truth.

If you didn't have him blocked, you would have seen him posting lots of info about the trades that went down today...a while ago. Closest thing we've had to an insider around here in a long while. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dyst said:

They got NO compensation for a #2 overall draft pick only 2 years after he won rookie of the year at the most important position in all of sports. Not even a 7th rounder. That is incompetence.  

LOL he won rookie of the year that's your argument? He also blew out his knee that year and was never the same. Let the RG3 BS go. He was a bum after 1 year. 

• Like 1

Anyone who thinks the Texans offered that for Trent is delusional. Tunsil is far younger and the deal included Kenny Stills.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I feel like we missed a big opportunity. There was a seller's market and the price was high, but we just didn't open the door.

Williams >> Tunsil. Doctson probably in the ballpark of Stills.

Edited by Burgold
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Bruce may have a bit of an ego, but I'm convinced he really does want to win, very much.

And I believe that exceeds any ego he has.

I doubt he forces Trent to sit a whole year, while turning down insane trade deals like a 1st and more.

So much speculation is being treated like fact.

My son wants to win really bad too, but he’s just not that good at sports.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Based on multiple, unbiased, credible people who have actually met him in person and engaged with him, as opposed to twitter rumor.

I don't know what you mean by this. What unbiased, credible people who have met Bruce in person are on the record that he is more interested in the success of the team than in keeping his position and power? That's a pretty specific opinion to have. 

I'm not saying who thinks he's a nice guy. Who thinks he gets a bad rap. Who thinks he's a smooth talker that does the best he can. Have seen a lot of that.

I'm asking what reason you have to believe he can set his ego aside and do what's best for the team. It seems obvious to me that we'd have a real personnel guy in charge of everything if that was the case--he obviously isn't one. 

• Like 2

Back when McLou was fired, all the speculation had people convinced it was all because of Bruce's ego.

But looking back in retrospect, it is easy to see why he probably was fired and wasn't fit for the job, which really makes you seriously question the validity of all the rumors swirling about Bruce's "huge ego"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I respect you Skinsinparadise. But I have Volsmet blocked for a reason. He TELLS YOU he is connected but I have yet to see ANYTHING that tells me that is the truth.

Thanks, he's been right on a few things, so I got no reason to doubt on that front.  But to each their own on that front.  I admit though the Texans being put off by Bruce in talks doesn't strike me far fetched so it comes off believable to me on that front alone. 

And no its not because i just want to dislike Bruce for no apparent reason.  I don't really dislike him at all.  I've met him he seemed cool one on one.  But he comes off to me (and what's been described by some) in a setting where there is a negotiation as an over the top style negotiator to the degree where he can be obnoxious. 

It's been even said by arguably his closest ally in the media, Chris Cooley, that you must take his negotiation style with a grain of salt because he comes off top heavy and one sided as a negotiator.    Cooley talked about his own contract and how Bruce's offer wasn't just low but it was ridiculous but he just had to ignore it and churn forward until he relented.   Bruce also looks and sounds like a politician almost out of a movie.  And I know because I am around them every day in my job.   So the combination of the two things I can see be off putting to some.  

I had Bruce's back plenty when he was hired and for a stretch after that.  I had no idea he had that streak in him at the time though.  But then it started filtering in.  Stuff like a reporter in Tampa calling him the Prince of Darkness.  I recall all the reports during 2012 when the RG3 trade was being consummated that Bruce couldn't be the lead negotiator because it was either Fisher or their GM couldn't stand him.   And then it was on and on and on with more stuff.  Eventually, it painted a picture to me. 

Can he pull a rabbit out of the hat here still?  Sure, why not.  But like I said ironically minutes before the Tunsill trade was announced -- I think Bruce is perfectly capable of blowing an opportunity here. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Neither of those organizations are dumb enough to do that. We need to aim lower. The Jets last GM would have, not this one.

Too bad we can’t trade him to the Redskins... 😳

• Haha 2

Maybe we all (and many in the media) over value Trent.   He has a big contract and will probably want more to sign somewhere else.  Maybe other GMs simply don’t think that highly of him.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Idaho fan said:

Maybe we all (and many in the media) over value Trent.   He has a big contract and will probably want more to sign somewhere else.  Maybe other GMs simply don’t think that highly of him.   

Maybe the guy who would have to pull the trigger on any trade is just a dope, like we all have suspected for a decade, so we'll never know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I feel like we missed a big opportunity. There was a seller's market and the price was high, but we just didn't open the door.

Williams >> Tunsil. Doctson probably in the ballpark of Stills.

Tills has 4.39 speed and catches TD's in the 6-7 per year range, so he's superior to Doctson.  Those stats don't add up to the trade value that the Texans gave up in the combo.  Texans reached imo and Bruce Allen with another missed opportunity.  Such a flake!

• Like 1

Just now, Idaho fan said:

Still boggles my mind that anyone’s mind goes here vs. Bruce just stinks.  Career track record for track record.  I don’t know if it’s just willful ignorance because crapping on the guy pulling the strings hurts hopes too much or what. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Idaho fan said:

I don't think we are, but who knows?

I think all scales are counterbalanced by multiple variables. If all things are equal, the cheaper and healthier prospect is the better prospect, but if you are talking about a prospect that rates as a B talentwise versus an A+ talentwise, then most people want the A+ because it is rare to get great while good can be plentiful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheShredder said:

Tills has 4.39 speed and catches TD's in the 6-7 per year range, so he's superior to Doctson.  Those stats don't add up to the trade value that the Texans gave up in the combo.  Texans reached imo and Bruce Allen with another missed opportunity.  Such a flake!

Nobody even offered a 7th for Doctson.

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

Maybe the guy who would have to pull the trigger on any trade is just a dope, like we all have suspected for a decade, so we'll never know.

Yes could be or maybe both is true.   Trent isn’t as highly regarded as we think (injuries and age included) and Bruce is a dunce.  

• Like 3

Just now, JoggingGod said:

Nobody even offered a 7th for Doctson.

Yeah that's my point.  Nobody's going to trade anything for Doctson when they know he'll be released and has chronic foot problems.  He can't get separation and is clearly not NFL starting level. 

Just now, Burgold said:

I don't think we are, but who knows?

I think all scales are counterbalanced by multiple variables. If all things are equal, the cheaper and healthier prospect is the better prospect, but if you are talking about a prospect that rates as a B talentwise versus an A+ talentwise, then most people want the A+ because it is rare to get great while good can be plentiful.

Fair point. But instead of just cheaper and healthier I would add younger as well. You have a chance to lock them down for a longer period of time. And while we are talking about this. Trent does not check the healthier, cheaper or younger box. He is an older LT that is constantly injured and expensive on top of it.

• Like 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

You have a chance to lock them down for a longer period of time

Right...unless they have 2-years left on their contract and decide they want more now and hold out.  I think that argument is where the issue really is with the TW saga.  Skins are playing hardball and ultimately going to miss out on future compensation where they have the best opportunity.  Piss poor Mgmt.

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Fair point. But instead of just cheaper and healthier I would add younger as well. You have a chance to lock them down for a longer period of time. And while we are talking about this. Trent does not check the healthier, cheaper or younger box. He is an older LT that is constantly injured and expensive on top of it.

And you and Jogging may be right. Maybe the offer for Trent was less. Maybe it was a first and a third. Maybe we could have juiced that to a second with Doctson or maybe not.

Still, Williams was the lobster and Tusil is a good crab. Even if it was less it would have been a great haul for us. If it was equal or superior then it really was GM negligence. Chances are, we never will know.

• Like 2

It wasnt about getting two 1sts, and a 2nd. We could have pitched a 1st and a 2nd. Trent is and always will be better than Tunsil. You talking about a top 3 LT in the game since he arrived. Huge drop of the ball here.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Well now the value is somewhat more known for Trent. Thats a TON of high picks for Tunsil. Redskins realistically shouldn't accept anything less than a 1st rounder now for Trent. He's a better player but his age and recent history I think make him less valuable in a trade. I just find it hard to believe anyone trades a 1st for a 31 year old LT. The only team that would have done that was the Redskins in the early 2000s, New England is the only other team that I think would do this if the cards lined up right for a trade. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1