Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

10 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Sooooo would we benefit from getting tunsil?..I ask this seriously..I dont know much about him..I know he's a former first round but can't remember when drafted and his stats and what have ya.. not trying to start an argument..I'm all for what ever benefits the Redskins team.

He's been really solid since getting drafted. Was supposed to go first overall but that stupid "Smoking from a gas mask video" came out and he dropped. He's been exceptional and hasn't gotten the recognition he deserves because of where he plays. He's been durable and has talked this offseason about being a much more vocal leader.

21 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

My favorite part is “we are full mode”.  WTF is full mode?

This is what it means. It means you're in a whole lot better place than whatever wtf that "Legit Revolt" means.

Legit Revolt is just one of the many dramas going on with a team that is more dysfunctional than the Skins.

But we never hear about those teams, it seems.

One of them is coached by a former Bellichek SB Champion assistant.

"Miami Dolphins rookie head coach Brian Flores has been on the job for less than seven months and he’s already faced a gauntlet of problems: he fired his offensive line coach one week into training camp; had a player lose an arm in a car accident; he saw one of his best receivers publicly feud with the team’s owner; and his hand-picked mentor and assistant coach had to take a step back because of health problems.

And he hasn’t even coached his first real game yet... On Thursday, Miami Herald reporter Adam Beasley wrote that Dolphins players would “legit revolt” if Miami traded Tunsil."

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-dolphins-players-will-revolt-if-ot-laremy-tunsil-traded-for-jadeveon-clowney-193812577.html

14 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

1. If I were Houston I would rather have tunsil than Trent Williams.

2. If Miami gives up tunsil, they have a huge hole at LT.

It makes no sense for the redskins to be involved. I deem this 3 way trade idea as stupid.

Miami is tanking.  And it makes no sense for Trent to hold out.

But here we are...

12 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

1. If I were Houston I would rather have tunsil than Trent Williams.

2. If Miami gives up tunsil, they have a huge hole at LT.

It makes no sense for the redskins to be involved. I deem this 3 way trade idea as stupid.

I’d rather take my chances on an established LT who is still young than drafting one. Last thing we need is to draft our own Ereck Flowers to go along with the one we already have. Miami would be better off drafting a LT next year and tanking for Trevor Lawrence in 2021. I’m not overly impressed with the QB class next year. I don’t think Tua is going to be all that great and guys like Herbert and Fromm have their own flaws. Play Fitz this year, give Rosen an opportunity next year and then they’ll know. Otherwise it didn’t make sense for them to trade for Josh if the intention was to draft another QB in the draft the following year.

5 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Jay is the biggest loser in all of this. I really like the guy and think he is a great leader of men. Not sure if he can cut it with the gameplans anymore. But he really knows how to navigate the leadership role and I'd like him to stick around. Hopefully the FO takes that into consideration like Philadelphia did with Brett Brown.

:rofl89:  the guys a cuckold

See Swearinger, D.J. and how he lead........he let's him get away with blasting coaches, teammates, etc. to the media three times before issuing any punishment.  He's soft, period.   And that's a problem.  With that said, I don't hate the guy or think he's a horrible coach, just average and probably better than his replacement would be since Dan and Bruce have literally made this a destination no elite or above average coaching candidates want to consider.  

2 hours ago, WeThreeKingsRuleU said:

Bruce is such an arrogant d-bag, Trent has no intentions of playing this year, for anybody, but Bruce thinks he can make something happen, because he's him, what an a-hole, I hate that he has anything to do with this team

What makes you think that?  He gains nothing sitting out for an entire season if traded to another team.  This part of your comment doesn't even make any sense.  If he sits out in DC, it's to make a statement and take a stand.  If traded to another team, why wouldn't he play for them?

1 hour ago, owa said:

Considering his stance, keep him this year and the next and then franchise him or transition him.  If he doesn't want to play for us, make his sit for a few years.  It is at this point making a statement.  Does the league or our skin's really want to put up with Antionio Brown or Bell type issues every season.    Make a stand now and put a stop to this non-sense.   Really wish we didn't have a salary cap and could just cut these cancers while still having good backups.

That's tying up a lot of cap just to make a statement for a guy not playing.

2 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Sorry, i'm with Bruce on this one. If Trent had a grievance then he should have made it known immediately. He purposely hamstrung the team after FA and the draft for whatever reason. Trent can sit on his fat ass for two years for all I care. There are repercussions to actions and you can't let players dictate whether or not they will play out their contract, especially after they already collected the guarantee. 

So, basically we're sacrificing a 1st round pick or more, in order to send a message to future players ?

20 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So, basically we're sacrificing a 1st round pick or more, in order to send a message to future players ?

I’m honestly good either way. I don’t think we’re gonna get nearly as much for him as we think we will. 

On 8/27/2019 at 9:05 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

Could be.  Trent hasn't said squat yet, ditto his agent.  So all we got is what supposedly his camp leaked to ex-teammates like D. Hall and some within the media.  If those guys are correct, Trent will sit it out and won't play for the Redskins.

Then you got the Redskins FO telling the beat guys that Trent is all about money here.

My take is I don't see how we can have a firm opinion about Trent and his motives because you have two competing narratives as to his side and what people at Redskins Park are saying.  So if people believe in one spin or another its more about what they are predisposed to believe about the FO and or the medical staff pro or con as opposed to what's really going down since we don't know what's really going down aside from Trent not being here.  

It’s not really about believing anything except for what you see.  Which is Trent Williams holding out and not saying anything about anything.

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

This is what it means. It means you're in a whole lot better place than whatever wtf that "Legit Revolt" means.

Legit Revolt is just one of the many dramas going on with a team that is more dysfunctional than the Skins.

But we never hear about those teams, it seems.

One of them is coached by a former Bellichek SB Champion assistant.

I’m not going to argue that other teams aren’t dysfunctional, particularly the Dolphins.  I’m just not really interested in debating the bottom rungs of functionality in the league.

On 7/15/2019 at 3:43 PM, volsmet said:

Clowney, Scharping & a 1st for Trent.

Clowney, a first, + ... for a left tackle. What are the odds.

The Miami Herald reports the Texans have offered both unsigned franchise player Jadeveon Clowney and a first-round pick for Dolphins LT Laremy Tunsil.

Per reporter Barry Jackson, the Dolphins have rebuffed that offer and are seeking the inclusion of "another high draft pick." Jackson reports the Texans have been "relentless" in their pursuit of the blindside protector. Even though they're tanking, the Dolphins hold massive leverage with Tunsil, a 25-year-old left tackle under team control for two more seasons. The Dolphins are stockpiling picks and Bill O'Brien loves to trade them. This might actually happen.

RELATED: 
SOURCE: Miami Herald
Aug 30, 2019, 12:04 AM ET
  •  

You would think Howard or Scharping would have been included in the discussions. 

Also seems if Clowney becomes a Redskin Kerrigan would be moved. While it would be a sad day, it would give Houston a replacement for Clowney and create cap space and bring youth to the Redskins. 

13 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

You would think Howard or Scharping would have been included in the discussions. 

Also seems if Clowney becomes a Redskin Kerrigan would be moved. While it would be a sad day, it would give Houston a replacement for Clowney and create cap space and bring youth to the Redskins. 

Clowney, a 1st & Scharping is either what we asked for or turned down; things didn’t conclude amicably. 

It typically only takes espns insiders a month or 3 to catch up. 

1 hour ago, volsmet said:

Clowney, a 1st & Scharping is either what we asked for or turned down; things didn’t conclude amicably. 

It typically only takes espns insiders a month or 3 to catch up. 

Wow.  

My #1 fear that I have laid out is this ends up in a stand off where no one wins.  As Schefter and others have said this is a stubborn FO.  ex-agent Joel Corry who has dealt with Bruce before (and doesn't think the dude is the most competent guy) said on air that from his dealings and from others he's spoken too -- Bruce is very hardheaded when it comes to negotiations where at least in his mind he wants to win. 

The mystery to me here is what would Bruce constitute as a win?  A standoff with Trent until he buckles?  Or good trade compensation?  I hope it's the later and not the former.

I am sort of in between the 2 schools of thought I see here.  1. We got all the time in the world, we can chill and let this play out and Bruce does his thing.  2.  We got to make the deal now and we are running out of time.   I agree that we got some more time and agree that it might increase Trent's trade value.  But I don't think we got all the time in the world either and see Bruce perfectly capable of blowing opportunities for trades that might not come again. 

Unlike Clowney who is 25, Trent is an older dude.  Trading Trent deeper into the season or next off season (right before one of the richest drafts in recent history for LT) might decrease as opposed to increase his trade value.  Luck is the X factor here -- does a big time LT go down and a contender panic?  Some suggest of course that will happen.  My thought is maybe yes, maybe no.  But I do think the deeper we go into the season the higher the risk.

Craig Hoffman who has been maybe the only steadfast reporter saying Trent likely stays keeps painting this picture:  they think they will win a standoff with Trent and are willing to play it out into the season until Trent budges.  As they wait this out they'd trade him only if they are floored by an offer.   So the game plan according to him is something like this either Trent plays for us or we get a killing in a trade and there isn't a plan C.   Just about everyone else thinks he will be traded. 

The Houston Texans have dangled a first-round draft choice and Pro Bowl edge rusher Jadeveon Clowney in a proposed trade for Dolphins left tackle Laremy Tunsil, but the Dolphins have asked for more than that, according to two league sources.

According to one person briefed on the discussions, the Dolphins have asked the Texans for another high draft pick in addition to Clowney and a first-round pick.

Clowney has missed all of Houston’s training camp and preseason, and Texans coach Bill O’Brien is desperate to add a left tackle of Tunsil’s quality and might be amenable to including two high picks.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article234539572.html

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The Houston Texans have dangled a first-round draft choice and Pro Bowl edge rusher Jadeveon Clowney in a proposed trade for Dolphins left tackle Laremy Tunsil, but the Dolphins have asked for more than that, according to two league sources.

According to one person briefed on the discussions, the Dolphins have asked the Texans for another high draft pick in addition to Clowney and a first-round pick.

Clowney has missed all of Houston’s training camp and preseason, and Texans coach Bill O’Brien is desperate to add a left tackle of Tunsil’s quality and might be amenable to including two high picks.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article234539572.html

The issue with Clowney is he's playing this year on the tag and teams can't negotiate with him until after the season...

But if the Texans offered the Skins a first + Clowney for Williams I'd strongly consider it if we had some assurance Clowney would consider an extension (of course, Clowney controls the narrative on where he goes because he can just not sign his tender).

If there were assurances on Clowney, and Houston wanted Williams AND Kerrigan I'd consider it as well. Not a popular thought, I'm sure, but... age is real and we could use some solid asset management moving forward.

But from a Houston perspective, giving up a first and Clowney to Miami makes more sense than a first and Clowney for Williams due to age and injury history... I don't see any planet where Houston would be willing to give both to the Skins for Williams unless they really want to off-load Clowney and they view him as a non-entity at this point.

Just now, KDawg said:

The issue with Clowney is he's playing this year on the tag and teams can't negotiate with him until after the season...

A team can tag Clowney twice more to retain his rights, so there is some leverage.

3989583F-E02A-48F0-8BD7-5E3316AFDCC8.jpeg

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

]

But if the Texans offered the Skins a first + Clowney for Williams I'd strongly consider it

I'd do it in 2 seconds.

10 minutes ago, volsmet said:

A team can tag Clowney twice more to retain his rights, so there is some leverage.

Bruce loves the tag, too.  😀

3 hours ago, DWinzit said:

Create cap space??????? Huh no.

Archived