Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

34 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Not trading cousins was nearly as obtuse as trading for Alex Smith. Visionaries, we are not, but at least we have Geron Christian.

This assumes Kirk had any value beyond a 3rd at the time.

Team chose 2 years of average QB play and a compensatory 3rd round pick. 

VS

Maybe a 2nd rounder after the 1st franchise tag. What do you think his value was in between his 1st and 2nd franchise tags? 

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not a big trade but interesting

Is this in addition to the trade for Cory Cunningham from the Cards ?

• Patriots acquired OT Korey Cunningham from the Cardinals for a sixth-round pick.

Cunningham had been getting some first-team reps but was slated to open the year in a backup role. He gives the Patriots a swing tackle behind Isaiah Wynn and Marcus Cannon. Cunningham made six spot starts as a rookie last year and has the talent to develop into a full-time starter.

Aug 28, 2019, 4:33 PM ET

•  

38 minutes ago, wit33 said:

This assumes Kirk had any value beyond a 3rd at the time.

Indeed.

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Skipper was recruited as a tackle out of Hs in Colorado, but was a mammoth guard at Ark, I’m a bit surprised he’s staying outside in the nfl, but it is a different game.

On 6/26/2019 at 4:23 PM, NickyJ said:

Haven't you heard? The Houston Texans haven't said anything, so they're clearly bidding on Trent Williams even though he isn't reported to be on the trading block. I hear the Texans are willing to give up 3 2nd round picks that they haven't offered in the trade deal that hasn't been discussed for the player who isn't being traded.

On 6/26/2019 at 4:47 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

Exactly, the silence is golden from the Texans, and speaks volumes.

Absolutely no statements of denial about their desire and plan to trade for him. Lack of denial shouts interest in the deal, clearly.

ESers think they know everything, if they know 🤫 they wouldn’t be ESerrrrrrrs.

71EA79D7-9F7A-4E97-90F1-ED754F53B3A6.gif

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Bruce Video

Bruce Allen - Trent will play football again.

Interviewer - With the Redskins or have you discussed trades? 

Bruce Allen - No, it will be with us! 

Please begin the trade announcement countdown!!  Should be any day now.... 

12 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Keeping Trent is the worst possible scenario. There isn’t any chance he resigns with us, so we just put off addressing an inevitable need & lose the opportunity to cash in our expiring asset.

But Bruce says we are close?  Trent might just be the last ingredient to take things over the hump.  🙄    The one thing I am holding onto is Bruce can Bs with the best of them so that could just be posturing on his end.  But yeah it wouldn't surprise me if they try to hang onto Trent.  When under Dan's regime have they ever parted with a veteran for a high pick?  That's not how they roll.   I'd be really impressed (albeit its Trent pressing the issue) if they finally got off the hamster wheel of giving up high picks for veterans as opposed to acquiring them.  

giphy.gif

While Allen remains confident, nothing from either side makes one think that a resolution will come any time soon. He would not share anything from the discussions he's had with Williams, nor mention the last time the two of them spoke.

"I'm not going to go into any conversation I have with a player," Allen said. "He's told me his thoughts."

Until this situation comes to a close, it'll be the 36-year-old Penn starting at left tackle for the Burgundy and Gold.

With a trip to Philadelphia just a handful of days away, the Redskins must stay paying attention to the task at hand.

"We're in full mode right now, even before this preseason game, preparing for Philadelphia," Allen said. "It's time to get going."

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/we-share-same-frustration-heres-what-bruce-allen-had-say-redskins-fans

I've said before if they end up keeping Trent, Hoffman is the one guy who has stayed steadfast on that.  He's been saying he thinks he stays.  Redskins have the leverage,  They don't want to trade him, etc.  He's said of late that he might be traded but thinks that's less likely unless they got blown away by an offer.

I am not sure what he's implying here?  Negotiating purposes for a trade or is that contract related? 

There are just too many variables with this guy now. He’s a blunt away from suspension, he’s injured every season, and now he’s shown he’ll just bail on the squad because he doesn’t feel like showing up. He’s the least reliable commodity imaginable & the upcoming OL class is loaded. Trent is forcing us to do what we should have done without the prodding.

His replacement & the #1 wr we need are waiting for us in the 2020 draft. 

59E2F078-B455-4FFB-965A-1EF1F89F96C8.gif

55 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Keeping Trent is the worst possible scenario. There isn’t any chance he resigns with us, so we just put off addressing an inevitable need & lose the opportunity to cash in our expiring asset.

Bruce is atrocious.

Agreed. 

The dude obviously doesn't want to be here, why make him stay when you can benefit from a trade. 

Bruce has a huge ego and is continually incorrect in assessing player's intentions. 

1 hour ago, volsmet said:

Bruce is atrocious.

It certainly wreaks of stubborn is as stubborn does.  

My favorite part is “we are full mode”.  WTF is full mode?

18 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It certainly wreaks of stubborn is as stubborn does.  

My favorite part is “we are full mode”.  WTF is full mode?

I would absolutely rock a skins shirt that says "We Are Full Mode" but I love absurdist humor. I don't love bruce however 

Archived