Owls0325

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, benskins26 said:

 

This is what smart teams do

Yup, just like the pats did with Richard Seymour.  Had him during his prime, then traded him to the raiders for what turned out to be the 17th pick overall, and the pats took Nate solder, a rock at LT for them for years.  Also allowed them the flexibility to trade down with their own first rounder that year, netting more value.

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsports.com/boston/new-england-patriots/patriots-still-reaping-rewards-seymour-deal%3famp

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Oh good lord....there’s a rumor that redskins and Vikings are finalizing a deal to send Trent to them in exchange for Stefon diggs and a pick (@NFL_Trade_News on Twitter reported this rumor....i doubt this is true 😂

 

First & Diggs, lets do this.

 

 

8CF7AA1F-F894-426D-B1A8-6F24EBB76BAE.gif

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Oh good lord....there’s a rumor that redskins and Vikings are finalizing a deal to send Trent to them in exchange for Stefon diggs and a pick (@NFL_Trade_News on Twitter reported this rumor....i doubt this is true 😂

 

Rumor probably started by an ES member.

 

jk

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Oh good lord....there’s a rumor that redskins and Vikings are finalizing a deal to send Trent to them in exchange for Stefon diggs and a pick (@NFL_Trade_News on Twitter reported this rumor....i doubt this is true 😂

I can see it happening...I'm totally down too!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

 

Rumor probably started by an ES member

No it's legit, bc it's from Pittman4Two

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would Minnesota trade for Trent when they went heavy on OL this past draft? Also, What would Cleveland trade? They are already down to a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th. Trent is worth more than a 1st. So what else would be on the table there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no sources, but my gut tells me he'll be traded by Monday.  Too messy of a situation, he doesn't want to play here anymore (obviously).  We'll probably get a first rounder and a fourth rounder, or something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, the Vikings are shopping treadwell and have expressed concern that the wr depth is shallow after diggs and thielen. So they would make that depth even worse during a make or break year for Kirk and Zimmer? I dont buy it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

 

Rumor probably started by an ES member

 

I once started a rumor that the character Zack Morris was based off of my real life & it was indeed me who told the gang that Slater was dying of mumbioquadralationosis. 

4 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I have no sources

 

JP?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Why would Minnesota trade for Trent when they went heavy on OL this past draft? Also, What would Cleveland trade? They are already down to a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th. Trent is worth more than a 1st. So what else would be on the table there?

I would take the 1st alone, if they wanted to throw in a 5th even better.  If they are crazy enough to throw in one of the day two picks I'd dance on the table.  

 

Even if the best we could get was the 2nd and the 5th, I'd do it.  According to reports they may be able to get considerably more than that, which surprises me, and they should do everything they can to maximize the return, but from this point forward you could make a strong case that a 2nd and a 5th have more value than TW, especially when considering the accompanying contracts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trent is worth a 1st and 3rd at minimum to me. He's arguably the best LT in the game right now, and can do any scheme. a 2nd and 5th is insulting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2019 at 8:46 AM, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

WHAT IF:

Kirk: "Hey Trent...I'm getting my head handed to me here! I Need you real bad"

Trent: " I have 2 years left on my Contract"

Kirk "No Problem, The FO is a bunch of pansies and they will fold if you hit them with a complaint about being mistreated and disrespected. Demand a Trade and they will fold for pennies"

Trent Fine but you guys can't afford me

Kirk. I I don't perform here, I'll be toast. I'll redo my contract and cover the extra couple Mil

 

https://www.vikings.com/news/2018-vikings-position-recap-offensive-line

 

https://thevikingage.com/2019/05/26/minnesota-vikings-reiff-surprise-cut-2019/

 

Think about it....

THIS is too funny if the Min trade is true....all the "experts" who slammed this post just *may* eat some crow 😋

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Also, the Vikings are shopping treadwell and have expressed concern that the wr depth is shallow after diggs and thielen. So they would make that depth even worse during a make or break year for Kirk and Zimmer? I dont buy it

You're probably right.

 

But you're missing that they love Chad Beebe and think they've got another Theilen there.

9 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Trent is worth a 1st and 3rd at minimum to me. He's arguably the best LT in the game right now, and can do any scheme. a 2nd and 5th is insulting.

 

Maybe in a vaccuum. We don't exist in that vaccuum given his age, injuries, drug suspensions, and not wanting to play here. A 1st and 3rd isn't happening. We let him rot on principle when we aren't winning a SB anyways and need to surround Haskins with talent? Nah. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

surround Haskins with talent? Nah. 

 

To surround Haskins with talent we‘d need to send him back to Ohio state.

 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Trent is worth a 1st and 3rd at minimum to me. He's arguably the best LT in the game right now, and can do any scheme. a 2nd and 5th is insulting.

He is one of the best LT of his generation, no doubt, but for how much longer?  He is 31 years old and has missed 15 games the last 4 years.  Hasn't played a full season since 2013.  A failed drug test away from a year long suspension. 

 

I know he will be a hard player to trade from a fan perspective, but when analyzing his value, his past performance is a sunk cost for lack of a better term.  Over and done with, no bearing on what he will bring to his new team moving forward.  His physical skills will start to diminish and may be even become more injury prone.  And we will trade that in for two 21 year olds making a fraction of his salary.  The second rounder has obvious value, but even the 5th can be intriguing with what we have seen from third day picks like matt the Greek, Crowder, Harmon, Moreland, roullier etc.   

 

I'm not disagreeing with you saying they will get better value, you are probably right because we are hearing that from different directions.  But I'm saying if I was the Redskins gm, and I did my due diligence to work the phones regarding a trade, and the best I could get was a 2nd and a 5th, I'd do it.  That's about where my over under is so to speak.  And that's even if Trent was willing to come back, knowing that he could just sit out and we get nothing, Id be sending over those documents to sign immediately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

He is one of the best LT of his generation, no doubt, but for how much longer?  He is 31 years old and has missed 15 games the last 4 years.  Hasn't played a full season since 2013.  A failed drug test away from a year long suspension.

 

Look at this from the eyes of a franchise that believes they are an OL from Super Bowl contention. ( and from a franchise that is a disappointing season away from losing grace)

Edited by Skin'emAlive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Do teams still conclusively run power, or zone? Or are all teams basically hybrids, now.

 

I believe Trent is a better zone guy and thus the highest bidder may run zone. Ok so who runs zone.  I am curious about the Texans as we seem to have the most smoke there.

Edited by RandyHolt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Do teams still conclusively run power, or zone? Or are all teams basically hybrids, now.

 

I believe Trent is a better zone guy and thus the highest bidder may run zone. Ok so who runs zone.  I am curious about the Texans as we seem to have the most smoke there.

 

Zone

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

 

Look at this from the eyes of a franchise that believes they are an OL from Super Bowl contention. ( and from a franchise that is a disappointing season away from losing grace)

TW would definitely have a lot of value in their eyes, but I think a 1st and a 3rd is a little too rich.  Antonio brown, another aging vet who has been the best at his position and wanted out, got a 3rd and a 5th in return.  We would still be doing better than that.  And I know OTs age better than WRs, but brown has also been much more durable, so I think that's a fair comp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, volsmet said:

 

Imo, we are below average at:

OL- wrong

QB

WR

LB- Very wrong

CB- wrong

HC

Stadium

Owner

Sexy ES mods- Exercise right to plead 5th

 

 

 

Absolutely, finally we’ll have some clarity on what to disagree with one another about next.

 

 

 

Edited by Bonez3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bonez3 said:

 

 

LB - I only include the guys who play off the line, we are the worst in the nfl, or close. Kerrigan & Sweat are DE’s - we play nickel more than 3-4.

 

OL - we are absolutely worse than average, we aren’t even close to being in the top 15 O-lines in the nfl, we may be the worst in the league. 

 

CB - Norman & Dunbar are not above average ... and our nickel is? We don’t have a top 25 corner. 🤨

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@volsmet maybe we're watching a different NFL. Mines watered down with pusyfooting primas... Maybe you're eye is better trained or you have more connections. But to be below average in this league is really hard to accomplish, even for the Redskins

 

Kerrigan is a LB, stop

Edited by Bonez3
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

@volsmet maybe we're watching a different NFL. Mines watered down with pusyfooting primas... Maybe you're eye is better trained or you have more connections. But to be below average in this league is really hard to accomplish, even for the Redskins

 

Well I’m in agreement with you if I’m calling Sweat & Kerrigan LBs, & Foster is healthy... then we’re top 10. I just grade all teams/units from the nickel.

 

I do love Dunbar, but he’s never on the field, so I can’t grade him highly enough to bring us into the top half of the nfl. Norman has been on the wrong end of every highlight our young WRs have had in camp. He’s turned into a pretty bad player, no one wanted to trade for him, we tried. 

Edited by volsmet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 minutes ago, volsmet said:

 

Well I’m in agreement with you if I’m calling Sweat & Kerrigan LBs, & Foster is healthy... then we’re top 10. I just grade all teams/units from the nickel.

 

I do love Dunbar, but he’s never on the field, so I can’t grade him highly enough to bring us into the top half of the nfl. Norman has been on the wrong end of every highlight our young WRs have had in camp. He’s turned into a pretty bad player, no one wanted to trade for him, we tried. 

 

Dunbar missed a good chunk of last year, not the two years before

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

@volsmet maybe we're watching a different NFL. Mines watered down with pusyfooting primas... Maybe you're eye is better trained or you have more connections. But to be below average in this league is really hard to accomplish, even for the Redskins

 

Kerrigan is a LB, stop

 

Kerrigan is a DE. I addressed that, even conceded it.

 

Stop? Gladly.

 

 

 

4FE4EFB1-316E-4E29-9DC1-B329818566BA.gif

1 minute ago, carex said:

 

Dunbar missed a good chunk of last year, not the two years before

 

QD has all pro potential.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now