Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

I think its more on upper management simply not caring enough about players overall well being and not being proactive enough when it comes to dealing with issues. Take the Carlos Rogers eyesight problems as an example. A good FO would have had him get corrective surgery RIGHT away.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I think its more on upper management simply not caring enough about players overall well being and not being proactive enough when it comes to dealing with issues. Take the Carlos Rogers eyesight problems as an example. A good FO would have had him get corrective surgery RIGHT away.

I believe the Carlos Roders situation is incorrect. If I remember correctly, while he was here he was told to get his eyes checked/ fixed. He refused to do it. 

He gets cut...or was it traded...then is told again to get his eyes fixed or hit the bricks...so...he does it

15 hours ago, NickyJ said:

You say "2 players are publicly voicing their opinion one of whom is a Pro Bowl left tackle", but for the life of me, I can't figure out who that Pro Bowl left tackle is. I would have guessed Trent Williams, but for him to publicly voice his opinion, he'd have to actually, I dunno, VOICE HIS OPINION.... Which he hasn't. So I dunno who that Pro Bowl tackle is you have in mind.

I mean, I guess you could say he has gotten across that he has "an opinion", but it would be awesome if he'd go beyond hinting "I have an opinion" and tell us what this opinion is about. Is it that the trainers should have kissed his boo-boo? Does he want them to change to the Hello Kitty brand bandaids? Maybe he's been studying fashion and refuses to wear red and white jerseys, and wants to go with maroon and black? There's always the chance that it's gross negligence by the health officials, lying and scheming to keep him on the field while risking a serious health problem. It's hard to say when the one upset person on the team who is involved, looked up to, idolized, and respected wants to pout instead of telling us why he's pouting.

You are right, Our Owner , front office & medical staff has always been top notch, Obviously since we haven't had a official statement & or press conference from #71 in the style of a crying Terrell Owens or Angry Colin Capernick making a complete spectacle of the league these must be unwarranted ""rumors"" & "fake news"", It's almost as if a Professional football player is handling his concerns, professionally ? . I'm sure the benign tumor on his head was handled with the same care that went into Alex Smith and Colt Mccoy's surgery's and post op rehabilitation. What did Alex Smith have, 5 or was it 6 surgery's ? Is it any surprise Colt McCoy can barely walk from being rushed back too soon  or Darius Guice  has yet to play in a real game, Or Josh Doctson's woes. Isn't it ironic we always seem to draft these kids out of college with medical issues, High risk high reward question marks , Its almost as if our medical staff and trainers don't give a **** and just roll the dice. And then you look at the guys who didn't have any college issues and come here and become injury machines

Lets recap                                                         

Draft position                                                                     College Issues                                                          NFL ISSSUES                                        current status

RD2 19 Montez Sweat-                             Heart Issues ""possibly misdiagnosed""                              N/A

RD2 18 Derrius Guice                                            Knee Injury                                                          Torn ACL First NFL drive                 Banged Up/Recovering   

RD1  17 Jonathen Allen                            2 shoulder surgerys week before combine                               Foot fracture                                       Healthy

RD1  16 Josh Doctson                                                   Wrist surgery                                                       Constant  Achilles                     On final year of contract/Underachiever

RD2 16 Sua Cravens                                                ? Head case ?                                                             ? head case  ?                                   Broncos ? Head Case ?    

RD1  15 Brandon Scherff                                           Broken Fibula / dislocated ankle                               Torn Pec                                         90% practicing 

RD3 15 Matt Jones                                                   Torn Maniscus                                                     Knee Injury loses job to Kelly                    Out of the league

RD2 14 Trent Murphy                                                Minor Issues as a freshman                           2014 broken hand 2017 torn ACL                    Buffalo Bill

RD3 13 Jordan Reed                                                    No major issues                                                      To many to list                                           Healthy, i think ?

RD1  12  RGIII                 I'm done

I didn't even get into players in Free agency , thats a whole other beast or how about often injured Brian Orakpo who went to Tennessee and played at a pro bowl level . You are backing the wrong horse pal, Its time as fanbase we come together and start supporting OUR PLAYERS not our front office and staff.

53 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

You are right, Our Owner , front office & medical staff has always been top notch ...................

I didn't even get into players in Free agency , thats a whole other beast or how about often injured Brian Orakpo who went to Tennessee and played at a pro bowl level . You are backing the wrong horse pal, Its time as fanbase we come together and start supporting OUR PLAYERS not our front office and staff.

That's a nice spreadsheet you made there, but your post missed two points:

1. I've never said our front office or medical staff were good. Like, not just in this thread.... Ever. I've trashed our conditioning staff since 2017, never had an opinion about the medical staff.

2. You said that Trent has voiced an opinion. He hasn't. Again, your spreadsheet is nice and all, but it doesn't change the fact that a player who may have important information about the state of our team, is keeping his mouth shut and NOT VOICING HIS OPINION.

You seem to mistake my criticism of Trent pouting in a corner as meaning I support the team. You are missing the bigger picture: Bruce Allen sucks. The state of our trainers, medical staff, food court, and janitors all are a reflection on him. Their blunders are his, that's what happens when someone is the team president, we call it accountability. Trent Williams is supposedly sitting on a box of dynamite about the team. I'll quote myself again, Trent is "the one upset person on the team who is involved, looked up to, idolized, and respected". His word means EVERYTHING. So if he really does have something damning about this team..... ****ING SAY SOMETHING. Anything! Give Dan ANOTHER reason to fire Bruce before this decade is through. Jeeze.

Your spreadsheet actually illustrates my point entirely. The Redskins , by your reckoning, have a history of gross negligence when it comes to injuries. One could even say that it is criminal negligence. And so, here we have a victim and witness all rolled into one person who everyone up to this point has respected and trusted: Trent Williams. And the witness says..... nothing. The star witness won't testify. There is no lawsuit, there is no demand for improvement, there is no eviscerating of staff for its negligence. Not a peep. And we the fans, desperate to see the bad men taken off the field, are supposed to pat Trent on the back for picking his nose and letting these horrible malpracticing frauds destroy the health of other people around him?

-----------------------------------

Maybe Trent is getting legal advice, but 3 months is the longest consultation I've ever heard of. Maybe he's talking it over with his lawyers at Morton's. I dunno, and at this point, I don't care. I loved you Trent, but if you're going to lift no fingers to improve the situation on the team, I got nothing for ya except a plane ticket and a draft pick.

25 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I loved you Trent, but if you're going to lift no fingers to improve the situation on the team, I got nothing for ya except a plane ticket and a draft pick.

Dan Snyder determines whether Bruce stays or goes.  I'm certain he's well aware of whatever the issues are.  Bruce is teflon in Ashburn.  #FireBruceAllen was trending on twitter last year for christ sake.  It was everywhere.  How does Dan respond?  By firing the marketing guys and giving more responsibility to Bruce.  I don't think there is anything at all Trent Williams can say or do that would lead to Bruce being canned.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Dan Snyder determines whether Bruce stays or goes.  I'm certain he's well aware of whatever the issues are.  Bruce is teflon in Ashburn.  #FireBruceAllen was trending on twitter last year for christ sake.  It was everywhere.  How does Dan respond?  By firing the marketing guys and giving more responsibility to Bruce.  I don't think there is anything at all Trent Williams can say or do that would lead to Bruce being canned.

Maybe not. I'll even say probably not. But I have a very hard time cheering on a person who would rather duct tape his mouth shut than warn people about the horrible mismanagement of the team. He spoke to Donald Penn, he gave Donald the thumbs up. Morgan Moses has no idea what Trent is upset about, and Moss and Hall *claim* to know but won't tell anyone, Peterson is sort of just out there. Good going, team captain. More people for the slaughter.

Unless there's something else. Like money.

37 minutes ago, brettstr said:

Maybe Trent is holding out because he knows he cant pass the piss in a glass tube test. just buying time. 😁

I agree 100% and the team knows about it. If he fails another, I think it’s a season! I’ve thought this from day one of this news breaking. 

Btw, it’s hair testing now, glass cup was 1933 haha! 

Trade this nit wit! ASAP

Its football season! Let’s go Skins!

4D025A6B-54FE-4DC8-BC75-ACC0A0C1B1CE.gif.78c87607018fe86f547592ab2e1d255e.gif

HTTR

36 minutes ago, brettstr said:

Maybe Trent is holding out because he knows he cant pass the piss in a glass tube test. just buying time. 😁

Can Trent even pass a physical/get cleared to practice if we were to trade him right now?

I vaguely remember hearing about him not being ready for camp even if he did show up on time.

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

Can Trent even pass a physical/get cleared to practice if we were to trade him right now?

I vaguely remember hearing about him not being ready for camp even if he did show up on time.

Who knows, I haven’t seen any reliable reports on his current condition. 

I’m sure he is flushing and drinking lots of carbon as we speak.

I don’t like our schedule this season one bit....it’s a tuff road to travel...

When we get a 1st offer (bet we already did) from Miami, ship him ASAP...

Use that draft  pick for the best LT, hope I’m wrong, but I have this season at 8-8

No wild card, so

Play the rookie, and let the new coaching staff train him up next season.

Ship Trent

Ship Doc

Ship Norman now for draft picks

Trade TE JR for picks 

This season: Run the ball, run the ball, run the ball

clear cap room

Next season is a wild card run....please don’t waste this season with rookies on the bench...or here we are again next yr...

12 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Drug testing doesn’t work that way.  They can test you anywhere at anytime they want.

Not sure I agree, he is holding out from all team activity. Think they are going to send swat, and break his door down? 

I will give you this, it’s possible his goose is cooked, and he knows it. 

He might be hiding from the test, so the team can off load him before the 

suspension takes effect. Conspiracy theories no doubt, but I'm betting it’s 

drug related. Guess the guy doesn’t value another contract @ 13 mill per season over the next 4 yrs,  more then smoking some dam kush... that’s why, if True, I say ship him now, he’s a moron. 

Imho 

EDIT: Just to add’ I believe this is what’s happening now, the Front office is passing on offers until they get their number..

If I was a betting man’ and I am, I would bet he’s gone before pre season game 4 ....

2 minutes ago, Skinarchy said:

Not sure I agree, he is holding out from all team activity. Think they are going to send swat, and break his door down? 

I will give you this, it’s possible his goose is cooked, and he knows it. 

He might be hiding from the test, so the team can off load him before the 

suspension takes effect. Conspiracy theories no doubt, but I'm betting it’s 

drug related. Guess the guy doesn’t value another 13 mill contract more then smoking some dam kush... that’s why, if that’s what it is, ship him now, he’s a moron. 

Imho 

If he's called by the NFL to do a drug test and doesn't show it's considered a failed test.  

3 minutes ago, drowland said:

If he's called by the NFL to do a drug test and doesn't show it's considered a failed test.  

Agree, but he is threatening retirement...

This is how he could play that...

NFL....Mr Williams please come with your hair to the front office

Trent....Sorry, I’m not doing anything football related until this issue is resolved 

with the skins organization..

NFL...Okay that will be a failed strike

Trent: Once this issue is resolved, I will commit to the test. And I will appeal any suspension.

If he’s able to clean out and pass the test, the suspension will be much less then a season...imho

All this assumes he’s already dirty, knows he’s caught, and is trying to limit the whole season suspension, and save O’ooo...9 million in pay...

It's been said a few times on the past few threads. 

Thinking this is on Trent is NOT the same as thinking the Med/Training Staff in Ashburn is good.

I would be thrilled if they invested more than any other team in a complete turnover of the Med/Training Staff. Looked at new methods of recovery. Bleeding edging technology. Yoga/Acupuncture/whatever. etc etc.

We all know this team is more injured that a lot. I don't know "why". For the longest time I've felt the turf at FedEx has played a part. So, that's not training.

7 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

As I recall, a couple years back they chased down Josh Gordon poolside in Cabo and extracted a sample during the offseason.

The drug test thing is a non-starter...unless Trent gave a clean sample in April and has been self-medicating his “cancer trauma” since then.

Haha “cancer trauma” 

27 minutes ago, Skinarchy said:

You don’t get bypassed because you are holding out.  This is Goodell’s NFL.  They just got someone the other day who signed a 1 day contract to retire.  If it was that easy, more guys would hold out.

They tell you when to stop which is why its really stupid when someone gets caught.

Anyone under contract is tested once between April 20 (yup: 4/20) and Aug. 9. The player is given at most a three-hour warning before being visited by a collector, who must directly witness the player providing the urine sample.

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Nice memory on Los. He left here got his eyes fixed and started catching INTs

I hope someone saw that Jay needs glasses during the broadcast last week.  He was squinting - a dead giveaway that the time has come for Lasik and the nearly inevitable, readers.

A coach should have eagle eye vision to be able to judge reviews, ball placement, etc, right?

1 hour ago, Skinarchy said:

When we get a 1st offer (bet we already did) from Miami, ship him ASAP...

Why would Miami, touted to be the worst team this year, trade a potentially first overall in a loaded draft for an aging, banged up LT in the hopes of protecting Ryan Fitzpatrick??

Archived