Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

11 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Williams not even close and i loved Kirk and still think we made a mistake despite his shortcomings in Minnesota..... Although i wonder if Williams is considered old ? He's been in the league awhile now so....

Listen a premiere , Pro-bowl left Tackle in my opinion is a guaranteed Home Run. Unlike the QB position  i can't think of a single premiere LT who was traded and flaked out for his new team. QB's on the other hand are notorious for being 50/50 when they arrive at their new destination

Just look at how the Shroeder - Jim Lachey trade went back in the day 

Last time we came out winners in a trade that for dam sure

Left tackle is the cornerstone of your franchise

Related image

Earnest Byner and Gerald Riggs, the key to our 91 running game were acquired via trade.  We got Byner for Mike Oliphant.

I too have found Adam Schefter's info to be very reliable.  So if he says a first I have to believe it but i'm having trouble. When a team has to trade a player they never get value, they have no leverage. And make no mistake they have to trade Trent Wiliams. Sure he can feel forced to report eventually but he won't play hurt, and he is always hurt and always playing hurt, and won't be all in,  I don't want another Cravens protecting a young QBs blind side.

Who knows the truth. I agree with the comment that he was advised not to speak.  But given the Redskins history I gotta believe there is something here that points to them.  

6 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I too have found Adam Schefter's info to be very reliable.  So if he says a first I have to believe it but i'm having trouble. When a team has to trade a player they never get value, they have no leverage. And make no mistake they have to trade Trent Wiliams. Sure he can feel forced to report eventually but he won't play hurt, and he is always hurt and always playing hurt, and won't be all in,  I don't want another Cravens protecting a young QBs blind side.

Who knows the truth. I agree with the comment that he was advised not to speak.  But given the Redskins history I gotta believe there is something here that points to them.  

If Trent is as smart with his money as people say then he could just retire, if he doesn't want to play here and we don't want to trade him.

Redskins history that points to them is made by cherry picking arguments that are put out because if the Skins are playing bad they must be bad everywhere

Just now, kingdaddy said:

Didn't we get Santana Moss in a trade with the Jets? We had to win that one....

good point, it was Moss for Coles and while Coles was good Moss was our best for a while

I just had a chance to listen to what Breer said and he mentioned that Trent is researching his legal options, I will be interested to see how that shakes out.  You knew he had to go that route eventually if he truly didn't want to play here, looks like its game on.

2 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

I guess my thing is why would he care about that firestorm if he was mistreated?  Wouldnt coming out with his story of mistreatment put a nail in the coffin and pretty much force the team to trade him?

By staying quiet he leaves his options open and limits his exposure by not slandering the team through social media.

It makes me think he still wants the option of remaining a Redskin.

Most of this response from me is off on a tangent as opposed to it being directed at you.  Let me start with I am taking no position on what I think went down.  I don't automatically buy that Trent is some sort of loon all of a sudden or is irrationally unhinged or is all greed or whatever.  I also am not ruling it out.  I am not buying that the medical staff was horrible and lead to all of the this.  I am also not buying that they weren't to blame.   Often with competing narratives the truth is somewhere in between.   But it's tough for me to see taking a hard position one way or another, yet. 

The team clearly is trying to make the case to whomever talks to them its all about money.  Trent's camp is making the case it's not about money.  

Some are dragging this into a pro or anti-FO conversation but we don't even know if the FO has anything to do with this pro or con.  If its purely the medical staff than that's a different drill than Bruce and Dan.  And yeah a narrative or two does indeed drag the FO into it.  So it's possible that it's an angle.    Some are using analogies to the Kirk situation.  The thing for me on Kirk was most of the behind the scenes narratives converged to the same thing.  So I think that was an easier scenario to guess.  This one to me seems very confusing.

I personally don't care at all about the whose to blame scenario.  I am just interested in the context of wanting this to play out so he's traded.  And that's not really an anti-Trent position.  If anything its an anti-FO position because I don't think they have it in them to trade a commodity for a high pick otherwise.  When has Dan ever done that?  So this dance for Trent I would guess is causing internal consternation in that FO because I'd bet they hate the idea of trading him.   This forces them to make a move that otherwise doesn't seem to be in their DNA.    The FOs under Dan give up high draft picks for veterans they don't acquire them.

As for Trent personally addressing it.  I'd love for him to do it.  My point was that Finlay gave the impression that covering Trent that Trent doesn't enjoy talking to the media period but does it during the season.  So he isn't surprised that Trent is letting it play out without him speaking to it thus far. 

2 hours ago, volsmet said:

Trent for a solid player & a 2021 first is certainly a fair asking price. If we pick early in 2020, trade down for an additional 2021 first +, and we head to the Lawrence draft with 3 #1 picks ... who knows who ends up with pick 1, but if it’s us, & we love DH, we could get any collection of football playing humans we want. 

2020 is overvalued today, 2021 is undervalued. Always pursue undervalued commodities. Jmho.

It's similar to what the Dolphins did for 2020 in the last off season, the owner supposedly is in love with Tua and wanted to build draft capital so they can trade up if need be.  Shanny used to at times like to make trades 2 drafts forward, etc.  Heck if recall the Jason Campbell trade was three drafts forward -- instead of getting a 6th rounder for him, he got a 4th by doing it that way. 

30 minutes ago, carex said:

Redskins history that points to them is made by cherry picking arguments that are put out because if the Skins are playing bad they must be bad everywhere

Redskins management issues are well documented, i didn't need to cherry pick. There are a lot of examples.  Far too many to list. 

I'm just saying pointing the finger at Trent knowing what we know about Danny and Bruce is unfair, and many fans are doing just that.  I think it's very possible, even likely IMO, that his grievance has merit.  

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Unless you've got a left-handed QB.

Any good left-handed QB's comin out in next year's draft ? 😀

That's my dude but with Haskins in the fold, I am betting its more likely one of his WR teammates 😀.  Just on an aside, wondering if Morgan Moses is a bit overrated. I was just looking at his stats, he gave up 5 sacks, a ton of Qb hits and lead the league in false starts.  He has long enough arms to play LT but wonder if he's good enough.

17 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I just had a chance to listen to what Breer said and he mentioned that Trent is researching his legal options, I will be interested to see how that shakes out.  You knew he had to go that route eventually if he truly didn't want to play here, looks like its game on.

He might have to pull a George to get out?  TP Bruce's home?  Leak the air out of Dan's tires? 

What's the odds the Skins have been offered a 1st for Williams? I have a hard time believing they wouldn't move him for a 1st. If they won't move him for a 1st they need to get him on the field. Figure this out one way or another, because if 3 teams are interested. I feel like they could get good value for him.

Unless the teams are low balling the Skins, because they know what kind of organization they are. 

4 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

What's the odds the Skins have been offered a 1st for Williams? I have a hard time believing they wouldn't move him for a 1st. If they won't move him for a 1st they need to get him on the field. Figure this out one way or another, because if 3 teams are interested. I feel like they could get good value for him.

Unless the teams are low balling the Skins, because they know what kind of organization they are. 

I think teams are waiting to see what they have on their own rosters before committing a valuable commodity like a first. I would expect some movement after the second batch preseason games.

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Laconfora just on.  He thinks they play this out for weeks to spike Trent's value -- injuries, etc.  He thinks they can likely get a first and change.   

So JLC just parroting Schefter but adding his patented sh*t eating grin whenever he gets to talk negatively of the Redskins even though this is where he got his big break? I hate that guy

"Lose my number" - JLC

3 minutes ago, WeThreeKingsRuleU said:

So JLC just parroting Schefter but adding his patented sh*t eating grin whenever he gets to talk negatively of the Redskins even though this is where he got his big break? I hate that guy

"Lose my number" - JLC

Schefter saying for the moment they don't intend to trade Trent.  JLC saying he will be traded.  So the two narratives aren't exactly the same.  But agree that Schefter is a more reliable source. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Schefter saying for the moment they don't intend to trade Trent.  JLC saying he will be traded.  So the two narratives aren't exactly the same.  But agree that Schefter is a more reliable source. 

If we don't intend to trade him what do we intend to do ? Just punish him at home ?

Surprised there is nothing on ES mentioning Sua Cravins torching us in the press in regards to injury's, maybe i missed it. Hard to disagree with him IMO

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2849395-sua-cravens-rips-redskins-alleges-team-mishandled-injuries-withheld-info

1 minute ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

If we don't intend to trade him what do we intend to do ? Just punish him at home ?

Surprised there is nothing on ES mentioning Sua Cravins torching us in the press in regards to injury's, maybe i missed it. Hard to disagree with him IMO

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2849395-sua-cravens-rips-redskins-alleges-team-mishandled-injuries-withheld-info

It was mentioned briefly in this thread, no one really cares what he has to say

Just now, WeThreeKingsRuleU said:

It was mentioned briefly in this thread, no one really cares what he has to say

I kind of do. Not sure if my "post count" is high enough for anyone to care but when we have been the most injured team in the league for the past 2 or 3 seasons and 2 players are publicly voicing their opinion one of whom is a Pro Bowl left tackle , Maybe we should listen ? I know know, crazy thought.....

3 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

I would only interpret that as they don't intend to trade him at this very current time, or in the very near future.

I'm sure trading him is an option on the table for a later date, when the time is right. Because I just can't see the Skins letting him sit for 2 years with zero compensation.

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

I would only interpret that as they don't intend to trade him at this very current time, or in the very near future.

I'm sure trading him is an option on the table for a later date, when the time is right. Because I just can't see the Skins letting him sit for 2 years with zero compensation.

But he is not getting any younger in that scenario, can't imagine they would let him sit for 2 years as punishment. I'm no NFL GM but common sense says a LT who sits out for 2 years loses value, Yes?

2 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

But he is not getting any younger in that scenario, can't imagine they would let him sit for 2 years as punishment. I'm no NFL GM but common sense says a LT who sits out for 2 years loses value, Yes?

That's exactly what I said - they are not going to let him sit for 2 years.

But just because they are not attempting to trade him immediately, doesn't mean they wait 2 years.

If you factor in "football politics" into the statement, when they say "We do not intend to trade Trent", that could easily mean that they might intend to trade him 2 weeks from now.

30 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

I kind of do. Not sure if my "post count" is high enough for anyone to care but when we have been the most injured team in the league for the past 2 or 3 seasons and 2 players are publicly voicing their opinion one of whom is a Pro Bowl left tackle , Maybe we should listen ? I know know, crazy thought.....

Meh, no one is judging your post count, the general consensus on Sua is that he is a flake and has no credibility.  If it had been anyone else, I'm sure there would have been more conversation.  As it stands, Sua is just craving attention

3 minutes ago, WeThreeKingsRuleU said:

Meh, no one is judging your post count, the general consensus on Sua is that he is a flake and has no credibility.  If it had been anyone else, I'm sure there would have been more conversation.  As it stands, Sua is just craving attention

Sick burn.... love it.  I think we should hold off judgement on Trent untill we get the full story.  Sua is/was soft.  I remember the Miced up with Compton and Sua was talking about how he didnt have a killer instinct or something to that effect.  Those kinds of people will blame everything and everyone but themselves.  He also barely played last year..... injured again.... had nothing to do with the redskins.  Im pretty sure he will be out of the league very soon.  

Maybe I am wrong but it seems there are e few out there that think we should let Trent stew and waste away, to prevent others from doing the same.  Use Trent to set a precedent - don't you dare sit out on strike. 

Players are going to sit out when they feel wronged, no matter what lesson we try to teach to others for "the betterment of the game".  I actually think Trent standing up for what he thinks is right - taking on the league - may lead others to do it, yes even the longer it goes on. 

Perhaps it is not a coincidence AB is balking at the new helmet design WRT Trent and his situation possibly caused by his helmet.

Archived