Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

9 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

No doubt.  Which is why there has to be more to the story.  Or Trent is just an entirely naive and overly sensitive guy all the sudden.

Yeah, I think I’m in the vast majority about this but if this thing was a thing for any length of time, I almost absolve the team entirely.  This is not a football injury related issue, and whatever the doctors might have told Trent, as long as it wasn’t “there’s nothing to worry about don’t even bother seeing anybody about it ever” which I just can’t possibly believe, then the entire responsibility lies with Trent to go get medical opinions outside of the team.  It’s nit like he has t been in hospitals, or have access to anybody he wants. 

I’d be much more willing to bash the medical staff due to the complications Alex and Colt developed post surgery (though that’s not that uncommon either) than anything with Trents head.

Mike Jones this morning thinks this is mostly about money.  He admits though he hasn't heard from Trent or his agent and they are staying quiet.

I am not landing on a position until I know what happened but if its money i am not with Trent unless its purely about adding more guaranteed.   The idea that some say that he is annoyed about multiple things but can be bought off by more money -- I find that annoying.  If you are standing by principle then really stand by it.  If that's truly the case.

Hopefully this is over soon or Trent speaks.

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Mike Jones this morning thinks this is mostly about money.  He admits though he hasn't heard from Trent or his agent and they are staying quiet.

I am not landing on a position until I know what happened but if its money i am not with Trent unless its purely about adding more guaranteed.   The idea that some say that he is annoyed about multiple things but can be bought off by more money -- I find that annoying.  If you are standing by principle then really stand by it.  If that's truly the case.

Hopefully this is over soon or Trent speaks.

One thing I see people not bringing up in this whole situation is: what kind of advice was TW given by his manager?  Consider the following:

-Is TW even healthy enough to play? perhaps this could be a smoke screen to obfuscate the fact that he had multiple off season surgeries that could affect his contract renegotiation

-If not healthy, could TW pass another teams physical if a trade were proposed/accepted? who knows the answer to this, TW, the team, or both?

-With the new CBA looming, TW's age and injuries catching up on him, was the medical scare a convenient excuse?  TW personally has not been pushing that narrative, rather we hear about it through leaks from his fellow and former teammates, if he does reach a deal and nothing changes with the medical staff, how will that look on TW?  I believe he is intentionally staying silent so as not to add credence one way or another, in the hopes that this all goes away if a deal is made

Either way, I think that TW was given the hold out advice from his management team (the same ones that represent AB I believe?) in hopes of renegotiating the contract with enough time prior to the potential lock out, while he still had leverage, utilizing the medical scare as a convenient excuse, and he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.  If something good comes from it and the medical staff is improved somehow, Trent comes back healthy and plays well, that is all we can hope.  Unfortunately, I think it leads to a year long hold out, we get very little in return, and we're left with another bad ending to a players career and we're all left wondering "what if"

Dear Trent Williams,

My name is Jared and I'm a life long Redskins fan and I believe the Redskins would be a much better team if you were playing for them. Please come back home.

Sincerely, 

Jared Taylor 

52 minutes ago, WeThreeKingsRuleU said:

Either way, I think that TW was given the hold out advice from his management team (the same ones that represent AB I believe?) 

Don't think so.  Brown is represented by Rosenhaus.  Mike Jones said today Trent is represented by an agent who isn't very well known -- if so that couldn't be Rosenhaus.

57 minutes ago, WeThreeKingsRuleU said:

-If not healthy, could TW pass another teams physical if a trade were proposed/accepted? who knows the answer to this, TW, the team, or both?

-With the new CBA looming, TW's age and injuries catching up on him, was the medical scare a convenient excuse?  TW personally has not been pushing that narrative, rather we hear about it through leaks from his fellow and former teammates, if he does reach a deal and nothing changes with the medical staff, how will that look on TW?  I believe he is intentionally staying silent so as not to add credence one way or another, in the hopes that this all goes away if a deal is made

I'd gather the team is somewhat aware of Trent's timetable to be able to play.  Finlay flat out said weeks back that there is a good chance that Trent wouldn't be cleared to play yet.  I presume he got that from the team.   You'd figure the trade demands if anything might get in the way if he's not ready to play because for a trade to go through you typically have to pass a physical.  Trades have been nullified for failed physicals. 

Mike Jones painted a picture that Trent's agent doesn't talk much period,  Ditto Trent in the off season.  So he doesn't think them staying quiet is too out of character.  But he suspects its a power play by Trent and his agent seeing what other plays are doing as for hold outs.

You got me if this is true.  But if it is true than I have some optimism this gets done because if its all about money, I doubt he's going to want to lose those big weekly pay checks.  I'll give that there is a counter narrative that Trent doesn't care about the money.  I guess this whole thing will play out and the answer will reveal itself eventually. 

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don't have much love for Sua Cravens, but the Skins seem to always have their hand in some drama...

Yeah, I think most people who are familiar with Suzy know he's a mess but perception is reality and the perceptions that surround this franchise are mostly negative.

None of this takes away from the fact that Suzy Cravens is more than a little off his rocker and has zero credibility or stake in any of this. He had a pattern established in College (maybe even earlier) and McLovin was a fool for taking a chance on him.

15 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The whole “The team told Trent to go get a second opinion and he did and now he’s mad at them for it” scenario that Sheehan shared on his podcast.  

It makes no sense whatsoever.  It reminds me of a relationship I was in long ago where I just made stuff up to make myself feel better about dumping her.

So, you're thinking that the Skins' med staff did NOT suggest he get a 2nd opinion? By the way, to me Sheehan wasn't really "selling" that story, he was just restating what others have already said. I may have a different definition of what "selling" means, though. To me, "selling" a story means actively trying to get others to believe it. When I heard his podcast no part of me felt like his intent was to get his listeners to believe that part (or any specific part) of the Trent narrative floating around right now.

2 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

Now Suzy is trying to pile on.

If you take Cravens' latest tweets in connection with the SI article on him a year or so ago, he does not come out looking good at all. He also contradicts his own words from that article in his recent tweets. Unfortunately, nobody will bother connecting his current words with his past words...they will only connect his current words with Trent.

29 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

If you are using Sua Cravens as proof to corroborate whatever the hell you want to believe around Redskins park, I think you may be too far gone to save at this point. My Lordy. 

If Cravens was the only guy or even on a short list to have an issue with how business is handled in Ashburn, you'd have a point.  For whatever reason, drama seems to follow this team.

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

If Cravens was the only guy or even on a short list to have an issue with how business is handled in Ashburn, you might have a point.

Right, because people fired, cut, not paid their own perceived amount never have an axe to grind....

Oh and no one ever tries to pin the blame on someone else because they refuse to take responsibility...

But of course, since no one involved in this situation had spoken up....its all conjuncture anyways...

Just now, Xameil said:

Right, because people fired, cut, not paid their own perceived amount never have an axe to grind....

Oh and no one ever tries to pin the blame on someone else because they refuse to take responsibility...

But of course, since no one involved in this situation had spoken up....its all conjuncture anyways...

I really don't care at all about Su'a or anything he has to say.  But one must ask themselves, why this franchise is a magnet for axes to grind.  

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

If Cravens was the only guy or even on a short list to have an issue with how business is handled in Ashburn, you'd have a point.  For whatever reason, drama seems to follow this team.

If the Skins replaces their Med/Training Staffs..... nobody here is going to be upset.

But let's not take anything Cravens says as truth. Dude has had his issues to health (mental/physical) going back to College and through last year. His tweets sound like somebody that doesn't understand if you walk away from the team, you don't get paid. If he stuck around and was on IR or whatever. That's a different story. 

13 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I really don't care at all about Su'a or anything he has to say.  But one must ask themselves, why this franchise is a magnet for axes to grind.  

Because all you are paying attention to is thatbits the Redskins. Look around this happens to almost all franchises. The Patriots also tend to have ALOT of disgruntled players.

As for the training staff...I definitely think theres an issue there, as with our strength and conditioning crew. WAY too many injuries. 

Just a reminder:

Cravens then:

"On Saturday, Sept. 2, Cravens says he reported at 8 a.m. for rehab and his own workout. The rest of the team had a workout scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Cravens left the facility before then because he didn’t think he was expected to attend the team workout. At 1:30 p.m., he says he received an angry text from Paul Kelly, Washington’s director of football operations, letting him know he would be fined for missing the workout. “He texted me, Who do you think you are, you think you can miss team stuff whenever you want to?” Cravens says. “Belittling me through a text message. That pushed me over the edge.

He texted head strength coach Chad Englehart, who was running the 1:30 workout. You got PK texting my phone, this is stuff I gotta deal with? I’m tired of this. Hours later he was still fuming. He sent a series of messages to the defensive backs group text.

Star cornerback Josh Norman was hosting players and team staff for a housewarming party that night. Cravens was invited but didn’t attend. Most of the DBs were there, and their phones went off simultaneously with the texts from Cravens.

According to multiple people who received or saw the texts, Cravens called out individual players and thanked them for their specific impact on him. “I told them I was about to retire,” Cravens says. “I said, I’m ready to deal with my personal issues and my family issues. Good luck this year, y’all are going to ball out.” Cravens then removed himself from the group text, which most interpreted as a sign of finality."

[...] "Cravens confided in Cameron (his cousin) that he wasn’t feeling right and, to his surprise, Cameron said he’d also had anxiety and depression after a concussion. Cravens says it was Cameron who first suggested he visit Micky Collins, director of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center’s sports medicine concussion program. Collins had helped Cameron recover from the same symptoms Cravens hadn’t been able to overcome. Cravens was intrigued, but with training camp starting, he didn’t have time to set up an appointment in Pittsburgh."

[...] "(after retiring) Cravens says he was told he was a valuable part of the team and that they wanted to get to the bottom of his issues. He says they suggested he see a doctor, and he told them he wanted to see Collins. Team doctor Anthony Casalaro referred him for an appointment in Pittsburgh with Collins..."

Cravens now:

"Which is why the best tackle in the game refuses to play for them now. Same reason I left. Mishandled injuries and withheld info."

9 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Because all you are paying attention to is thatbits the Redskins. Look around this happens to almost all franchises. The Patriots also tend to have ALOT of disgruntled players.

As for the training staff...I definitely think theres an issue there, as with our strength and conditioning crew. WAY too many injuries. 

I pay attention to the entire league and realize drama is not exclusive to the Redskins.  Winning cultures tend to drown out the drama though.  Perhaps one day...

13 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Because all you are paying attention to is thatbits the Redskins. Look around this happens to almost all franchises. The Patriots also tend to have ALOT of disgruntled player.

This is so damn true it should be tattooed on the forehead of every NFL fan lol...the idea that the Skins constantly have drama while most of the NFL is relatively drama-free isn't based in reality.

12 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

This is so damn true it should be tattooed on the forehead of every NFL fan lol...the idea that the Skins constantly have drama while most of the NFL is relatively drama-free isn't based in reality.

ProFootballtalk exists for a reason.  I think everyone is well aware of the drama that exists everywhere.  

I just wonder if fans of other historically inept teams tend to make martyrs out of the whistleblowers like we do.  

10 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Since when Redskins' fans care about how other franchise deal with this kind of stuff?

26 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Patriots usually make sure disgruntled players are disgruntled anywhere but in Boston by making them pack their bags ASAP...

Except if it's Tom Brady.

As always, it's not about the problem in itself, it's quite common. It's how we deal with it. This story seems to have reach a status quo. OK then FO have two options. Pay the man, or trade him, so the coaches and team know where they're at...

Archived