Owls0325

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

Agreed. But a tough sell to a coaching staff who need to win to stay employed here.

True, but also, early in the offseason we had some of them who wanted out as well.

I'm pretty sure Greg Manusky wouldn't complain about being traded right now. Maybe Gruden as well :P

And considering how our FO operated those last years I doubt they would sell it to our coaching staff. They would pull the trigger and our HC would learn it from watching TV, reading newspaper or on tweeter...

Just now, Califan007 said:

Um...In case you didn't know:

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter

And now this: Raiders’ WR Antonio Brown has told team officials that, unless he gets to wear his old helmet, he will not play football again, per league sources. And more....

I **** you not lol.

I take everything i said about us getting cheated back. I want to see this covered in extreme detail on Hard Knocks. Every conversation, every glare, every sigh.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Um...In case you didn't know:

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter

And now this: Raiders’ WR Antonio Brown has told team officials that, unless he gets to wear his old helmet, he will not play football again, per league sources. And more....

I **** you not lol.

And he's friends with Trent, isn't he ?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, sempre_victrix said:

Personally, I think our best bet is to trade him for the first decent offer that we get and move on.

No reason to rush to trade TW.  It costs absolutely NOTHING to wait out the best case scenario from the Skins FO perspective.  

Look, TW will either return in Week 10 to get his year of credit or retire.  The only way the Skins FO trades TW before week 10 is if they get a market value trade from a contending team whom is in desperate need of an OL'men.  It will happen as it happens every single year, over and over again.  As far as you can view that, until this situation arrises, don't expect anything happening with TW until Week 9 is over.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheShredder said:

No reason to rush to trade TW.  It costs absolutely NOTHING to wait out the best case scenario from the Skins FO perspective.  

Look, TW will either return in Week 10 to get his year of credit or retire.  The only way the Skins FO trades TW before week 10 is if they get a market value trade from a contending team whom is in desperate need of an OL'men.  It will happen as it happens every single year, over and over again.  As far as you can view that, until this situation arrises, don't expect anything happening with TW until Week 9 is over.  

the trade deadline will be past by then, besides the fact that risks teams finding out they don't need him

5 minutes ago, carex said:

the trade deadline will be past by then, besides the fact that risks teams finding out they don't need him

Technically yeah that's end of Oct. 

Either pay him or let him sit at home. Then next year draft his replacement and move on. Donald Penn will do for now. I hate to see Trent do this or leave but he is under contract and he is doing this to himself.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, paloosa said:

Either pay him or let him sit at home. Then next year draft his replacement and move on. Donald Penn will do for now. I hate to see Trent do this or leave but he is under contract and he is doing this to himself.

I think a lot of Skins Fans agree with that idea at this point. As well, they'll benefit from being patient to maximize trade value when the opportunity presents itself. 

1 hour ago, carex said:

Who cares, we need him.

On 8/8/2019 at 5:14 PM, Nerm said:

The Colts also have Washington's 2nd round pick next year... Is the Skins second considered enough?

Ask for both. 

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Who cares, we need him.

that doesn't matter, because we can't have him!

at this point there is no reason to think he is coming back for any reason

19 hours ago, TheShredder said:

TW has zero intention of playing pro football for the Redskins ever again.  He's been quoted by many people as being committed to this stance.  There shouldn't be any argument about that at this point.  I see where he's coming from, however I view it rather indifferent as far as the teams W/L record is concerned.  They don't win more games when he is on the field vs the 30+% of the time he's not playing.  The statistics are mute.  That means you wouldn't pay him more money, nor extend him.  If he retires, then the Skins lose potential draft pick compensation.  Also appears that there's no reasonable logic to rushing to trade him.  His trade value only increases as time goes on and a contending team loses OL'men. Nothing going to happen on this for quiet awhile most likely. 

Quoted by many people? Who? I'm really asking because I have not heard anyone I consider reputable. Nor have I seen or heard from someone that said they talked directly with TW and he said anything remotely about not wanting to play for the Redskins. Please close out this aspect of the argument with who these people are.

6 minutes ago, carex said:

that doesn't matter, because we can't have him!

at this point there is no reason to think he is coming back for any reason

Ya, there is, if he wants to play at all he has to play for us if we dont trade him.  We hold more cards them he does, this hold out thing is nothing new.  Its either come back or retire, that's what I'd tell him.  It's not even clear what hes mad about anymore, so he'll get over it or quit, his call.

On 8/8/2019 at 5:14 PM, Nerm said:

The Colts also have Washington's 2nd round pick next year, in addition to their own.  How uncomfortable  would it be for Bruce to negotiate a trade where the Colts offer their own 2nd, but wouldn't offer the Skins second.  If you draw the line at a value of a high second... Is the Skins second considered enough?

What did we trade with the Colt?  Is this the Monte Sweat trade?

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Ya, there is, if he wants to play at all he has to play for us if we dont trade him.  We hold more cards them he does, this hold out thing is nothing new.  Its either come back or retire, that's what I'd tell him.  It's not even clear what hes mad about anymore, so he'll get over it or quit, his call.

and if he decides to retire?

Right now, the only power we have is the power to keep him from playing and getting paid.  Which, if you haven't noticed is exactly what he's doing to himself right now

Edited by carex

1 hour ago, TheShredder said:

Pretty much this. Trent wants to play. Otherwise he'd just retire already. So it's basically a bluff to say he'd sit out the year. I suppose you could argue he'd play for literally anyone but the Redskins. That seems tough to believe, but technically possible. Though if you believe reports, he'd even play here...if you pay him enough. Which circles back to idea this is all a bluff. Pay him enough and he'll play. So am I really willing to believe he'd just sit at home and forfeit 8-10 game day checks? Personally I don't. But really it shouldn't matter to the Redskins. Wait for a good offer. You have up to two years to get one. There's no need to trade him now or take an inferior deal. Wait it out and one will come.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, carex said:

and if he decides to retire?

Right now, the only power we have is the power to keep him from playing and getting paid.  Which, if you haven't noticed is exactly what he's doing to himself right now

Good for him, call his bluff.  If I had the choice to see if this works out or officially throw in the towel in this oline this year, I choose seeing what happens and hoping for the best.  If anything if hes serious and decides to retire it might be a bit of a wake up call for some people upstairs that he seriously would rather not play ever again then play for us.  I actually want to know now.

Edited by Renegade7

10 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Nor have I seen or heard from someone that said they talked directly with TW and he said anything remotely about not wanting to play for the Redskins.

Nor would you if you're not in the network that can log into this site.

https://www.nflpa.com/agents

No, I'm not able to log in but I know who can and that network is the place where all the agents exchange info. The most credible source was verified through Chris Simms' via Donald Penn's agent. Donald Penn refused to sign anywhere he wasn't going to start at LT.  He called TW and TW told him he's not coming back.  That's the reason he signed with the Skins and Chris Simms verified it through his 'sources' which is the Simms family agent.  He also verified that the Skins were not seeking any trade for TW at that time.  

The W/L stats came from Cass appearing on Chad Dukes vs the world last week. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

You know what, I'm getting pushed into petty zone.  If Trent does finally surrender and come back with his tail between his legs, move him to LG so Penn can keep starting at LT. No point in both of them being pissed.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Good for him, call his bluff.  If I had the choice to see if this works out or officially throw in the towel in this oline this year, I choose seeing what happens and hoping for the best.  If anything if hes serious and decides to retire it might be a bit of a wake up call for some people upstairs that he seriously would rather not play then play for us.

I'd hope for a wakeup call but have the notion that the owners and GM's don't wake up to players demands like fans do.  Looking at Dallas and seeing the Zeke saga makes the TW debacle in DC appear Jr college.  That upcoming CBA is going to be a doozy. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, -JB- said:

Dude, stop freaking out.  You’re too emotional.  The fact is that with all of the reports that say he isn’t going to play for the Redskins again, he sure isn’t coming out and making any statements.  It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see what is going on here.  I never “screamed” to Trade Trent Williams.  I said trade him IF the reports are true and he doesn’t want to play with the Redskins anymore.  **** , I don’t blame him.

I'm not at all emotional about the situation nor the thread. But to that, if what I said doesn't apply to you, why on earth would you chime in? Again, you continue to make my point about believing speculative reports. Its just plain sheepish to me. But hey, you do you. What I mean by sheepish is this: Trent has every right not to talk to the media about his personal health situation. The mindset of someone that believes Trent needs to speak out because there is speculation and rumors flying around about him is a sheepish mindset IMO. Here's another case where if enough (whatever that number happens to be, Idk) people talk about bull****, bull**** becomes truth.

and

Lets just say Rapportbull****ter reports this crap at the same time Kap is reported to sign a multi year contract with the Patriots. This speculative story about Trent not wanting to play for the Redskins is a back page story that other reporter won't touch. As a result, Trent is put on the PUP list (like he would have anyway); Training camp starts with no one talking about trades or any of the other bull**** floating around. But alas, this story is the hottest story, so all the reporter are feeding into it and they gotta say something.

20 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

What did we trade with the Colt?  Is this the Monte Sweat trade?

Yep. We traded this years 2nd and next years 2nd to move back into the first round to take him.

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Good for him, call his bluff.  If I had the choice to see if this works out or officially throw in the towel in this oline this year, I choose seeing what happens and hoping for the best.  If anything if hes serious and decides to retire it might be a bit of a wake up call for some people upstairs that he seriously would rather not play ever again then play for us.  I actually want to know now.

well, I don't I want to get some value from him, and whatever he says about the training staff or whatever he still recommended a friend of his sign here.  Even if some people are right and it's like Penn's last year, we did just have a player come here for the end of his career last year and it resulted in him nearly losing his leg if some of the reports about Smith's injury are accurate