Owls0325

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

2 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

There are plenty of teams in the NFL that don't have a Trent Williams. Guess what they still win. No team is about one player especially if that one player isn't a franchise QB.  

Exactly. The question I've been asking in recent discussions about Trent is this: "He's great but have the Skins been great with him on the roster?"

I'd much rather have him back but if he says he won't be back, trade him for other pieces that will help us. We can get good return for Trent and maybe become a better squad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, wit33 said:

Why not?

Because I want to build a winner more so then make any point to Trent.  If Haskins ends up as the right QB -- granted that's an unknown then they have a good young supporting cast to make a run maybe in 2021 or so.  I think this draft coming up is not only loaded but loaded at that right spots to help this team take the next step.  That's more important to me than making a point to Trent.

And as for making a point to Trent heck I don't even know if Trent is all in the wrong and the FO and or the medical staff is all in the right where I feel that Trent deserves some lesson.   I got no idea one way or another.  But regardless, I don't care who has the high moral ground if any side here.  I just want to build a young roster that can turn into a perennial winner.  I don't see Trent as a long-term part of that dance so go get draft capital.   I'd feel that way regardless of any of this dance going on. 

If for example the Texans could get a 2nd and 3rd for Duane Brown who was one year older then than Trent and also wanted a big contract -- you'd figure they can pull something good for Trent.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

We have been losing with him so we can certainly lose without him this season.

OK to trade him or let him sit out a full year.   The Prince of Darkness will probably not trade him.

Also, he has missed a ton of games the last few years.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, veteranskinsfan said:

We have been losing with him so we can certainly lose without him this season.

to me that's an operative point here.  I can care less if Trent makes them 8-8 versus 6-10. 

• Like 3

I would trade Williams in a minute for a 1st Rd pick. You have to get a team to give you that 1st. Just because some guy is writing about it in a article doesn't mean it has been offered. Or ever will be offered.

The Skins would be stupid not to take a 1st for him. He's getting old and gets hurt a lot. It would be great to replace him next year in the 1st Rd and still have our own 1st Rd pick.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

I would trade Williams in a minute for a 1st Rd pick. You have to get a team to give you that 1st. Just because some guy is writing about it in a article doesn't mean it has been offered. Or ever will be offered.

The Skins would be stupid not to take a 1st for him. He's getting old and gets hurt a lot. It would be great to replace him next year in the 1st Rd and still have our own 1st Rd pick.

Agree.  And no one is writing in articles about what Trent would generate that isn't pure speculation.  But you'd figure the Duane Brown trade would be close to this situation considering its very close to apples to apples.    Based on other trades that have gone on around the league, I'd be surprised if they can't get at least a 2nd and decent change.  

• Like 2

I’m getting over this, trade the dude already so the talk can stop and we don’t have this drama going into the season. Get whatever you can for him

I'm guessing his value will be based on how that knee looks, from what Trent said last year he will be playing with pain for the duration so I'm not sure we're gonna get much of a return on a guy who may only last another year or two.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Would you trade him for a second round pick?

Edited by Vanguard

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

I want a 5th round pick for him, and charcoal grills for the rest of the offense....

....see what I  did there...making someone from the board get FiRE BRUCE tattooed on his face, and send a big **** you to KC...

...seriously, who buys gas grills for his OLine...that's like giving a Bavarian Cream donut instead of a Boston Cream....

Edited by Xameil
  • Haha 1

I feel trent will have a hall of fame career. He'll find a way to stay healthy for the most part and continue being near elite. 

He just won't be doing it for this team. 

Trade him and get it over with. 

22 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Only if nobody else is offering better and that 2nd should become a 1st if he makes a probowl or plays more than X% snaps. 

The real question is whether his trade value will go up if we wait and at what point will it peak?  I'm for calling Trents bluff he'll sit out the whole year to see if he comes back like Duane did to log a calendar year on his contract. 

Means we get him back for a playoff push about as healthy as he will be and can trade him in the 2020 offseason instead, giving us a chance no to panic and jus draft his replacement.  I would not trade him now jus because he says he doesnt want to come back, I'd only trade him now if it felt like his value will only drop if we dont don't now.

If he can still net you what Texans gor for Duane if we hold on to him until next offseason, that's safer considering the state if the oline, I refuse to willing let Trent tank our season.

• Like 1

I've just got to wonder now, can you imagine how awesome it would be if this whole thing played out on Hard Knocks? We got cheated, friends.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

No not right now. If that's all we can get at trade deadline. Maybe 

2 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

No not right now. If that's all we can get at trade deadline. Maybe 

I agree.....no chance I trade him for a 2nd unless you are really backed in a corner and don't have any other options.  Trent could theoretically play until he's 36 if he can stay healthy.  That's good compensation for both parties involved.  It's completely highway robbery if a team gets him for a 2nd round pick.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My only issue from Trent's side of things is if he wants to leverage a trade, I'd chill with the I am not playing for them narrative.  Granted its not coming from him directly or his agent.  But if that's what he truly is telling people then it makes it harder to leverage trade value.  If the Redskins are seriously considering trading him, and he really wants out, his best shot to get out is for the Redskins to get good value for him. 

Excellent observation.  This is more what someone who is trying to strengthen their negotiating hand should say than someone trying to force a trade

Edited by Koala

1 hour ago, Vanguard said:

The Pats are stacked with picks through rounds 1-4 once their comp picks are added in. Now clearly their picks are going to be late in each round, captain obvious, so a first from them is likely gonna be 28-32. 

So from them I'd want a first, or a 2 and 3 combined if the first wasn't being offered.

To answer your question I guess, with anyone's 2 I would want another pick in rounds 3-4 as a minimum.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Because I want to build a winner more so then make any point to Trent.  If Haskins ends up as the right QB -- granted that's an unknown then they have a good young supporting cast to make a run maybe in 2021 or so.  I think this draft coming up is not only loaded but loaded at that right spots to help this team take the next step.  That's more important to me than making a point to Trent.

If a trade of great value presents itself and situation isn’t salvageable, then a trade makes sense. No need to rush or feel pressured to make a trade was the larger point I was attempting to make. If Trent refuses to play and Skins get lackluster offers, then ride it out. 

And as for making a point to Trent heck I don't even know if Trent is all in the wrong and the FO and or the medical staff is all in the right where I feel that Trent deserves some lesson.   I got no idea one way or another.  But regardless, I don't care who has the high moral ground if any side here.

Ya, can careless as it appears you do about all stated above. I’m a fan, don’t care or know these dudes. 

I just want to build a young roster that can turn into a perennial winner.  I don't see Trent as a long-term part of that dance so go get draft capital.   I'd feel that way regardless of any of this dance going on. 

Before the holdout, I did envision Trent being part of the next 2-3 year window (don’t really care to go beyond that in today’s NFL), so I can see how we differ a bit on the situation. 

If for example the Texans could get a 2nd and 3rd for Duane Brown who was one year older then than Trent and also wanted a big contract -- you'd figure they can pull something good for Trent.  

It’s a first or make him play for me. 

Full disclosure, I don’t think a team is willing at this stage to give a first rounder, as this is honeymoon phase for teams, in regards to the roster. 

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, wit33 said:

If a trade of great value presents itself and situation isn’t salvageable, then a trade makes sense. No need to rush or feel pressured to make a trade was the larger point I was attempting to make. If Trent refuses to play and Skins get lackluster offers, then ride it out. 

Yeah I am ok with that.  I've made similar points so we are on the same page.  My gut is they will get a good trade offer. But I wouldn't give Trent away and I'd wait it out for the best offer.

Before the holdout, I did envision Trent being part of the next 2-3 year window (don’t really care to go beyond that in today’s NFL), so I can see how we differ a bit on the situation. 

I get the point and I can follow the logic.  I am maybe a little more down than most on Trent's durability coupled with thinking that if they regain their 2nd round pick or get a first rounder back they can get a good LT and WR in this draft.  It's looking like a good draft for both positions.  I recall Chris Samuels lasted just one more season than Trent's age now.  I'd add that getting a LT on the cheap might help their cap and help build a contender quickly.  In other words, even going with your 2-3 year window, they could benefit from trading Trent if the compensation is right and Kyle Smith does his magic in the draft.

Full disclosure, I don’t think a team is willing at this stage to give a first rounder, as this is honeymoon phase for teams, in regards to the roster. 

I think they might get a first for him.  but I'd take the Duane Brown compensation too -- 2nd and 3rd rounders if I can get both picks in 2020.  I might do it for a 2nd and 4th.  But yeah I think a first is a possibility.  I wouldn't trade him for just a third.  I'd consider a 2nd and change but would hope for a first.

Posted (edited)

Jay should call Jon, how about Trent as a guard or move their LT to guard?  😀  Trent's buddy Antonio Brown is there so maybe he will recruit him. 

Posted (edited)

Trade him to Buffalo for a 5th.  It will be close to a 4th. We can't lose!!!1!

Somehow, Bruce always loses.

Edited by RandyHolt