Owls0325

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

The situation I don't want to happen is we are all still talking about this in 2 weeks time, I believe Trent Williams in my opinion has been 1 of the all-time Redskins greats, but 1 player does not make a team, if he doesn't want to be a Redskin then Trade him NOW not in 3 weeks just before the start of the season. 

 

HTTR 

That's a fair enough view.  There's a problem with it however because the Skins aren't going to trade a Pro Bowl LT with 2- yrs left on a large contract that he absolutely has not outplayed.  Have to be on the field to outplay your deal.  TW trade value dropped when he went public and posted the follow up surgery pic on instagram.  Skins will have to wait for a contender to get very needy to move him with value. That happens so it's going to be awhile likely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hottest of hot takes:

 

Trent wants to sit out for part or all of this season in order to fully heal and ensure his career will extend into his late 30s.  He told the front office, coaching staff, and Donald Penn his plan and they are all on the same page.  Donald gets a one year deal to show other teams he can still play at a starting LT level, and we get a healthy Trent next year or for a playoff push later this season once our QB situation has resolved itself. 

 

We then turn Trent's missing paychecks into a signing bonus on his next deal when we extend him after the season, making him a Redskin for life and letting him re-enter the lineup fully healed just as our new QB gets the offense up and running at a consistently high, playoff ready level.

 

Bruce and I smile smugly, crack a few Coors light and laugh at the lowly media peons.  We knew the REAL situation all along....

 

image.jpeg.b06829bac2195ef561aa231f5808a352.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

TW trade value dropped when he went public and posted the follow up surgery pic on instagram.  

I don't see how that drops his trade value at all.  I don't doubt the rumors that teams are being told Trent isn't available for Trade.  Bruce can be a stubborn sob, and I'm sure in his mind - he thinks stalling him out and fining him will force him to report.  Could be right about that too, but it just further muddies the water.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bills OT LaAdrian Waddle out for the season with torn quad.... more potential trade partners (if we go that route).... TW's value is going up IMO

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, it sounds like the Patriots may be in the market for a OT and they'd be willing to part ways with one of their top DB's. (though our DB's are fairly stacked)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Also, it sounds like the Patriots may be in the market for a OT and they'd be willing to part ways with one of their top DB's. (though our DB's are fairly stacked)

 

Ehhhh... not sure if call our DBs stacked (although it is definitely not one of our biggest areas of need).

 

But Norman's probably gone after this year, so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Bills OT LaAdrian Waddle out for the season with torn quad.... more potential trade partners (if we go that route).... TW's value is going up IMO

 

That's why patience is in order right now

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waddle plays RT not LT, and he wasn't even going to be 2nd string on that roster. I don't think the Bills will be too pressed or desperate. And I don't want any former Patriots linemen. Those guys get away with things up in Foxboro that they aren't allowed to do when they switch uniforms. Everything you see doesn't necessarily translate.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

 

That's why patience is in order right now

 

Good thing we already signed Penn.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have second-year offense lineman Isaiah Wynn, who they have penciled in at left tackle for 2019. But he spent his rookie season in 2018 on injured reserve after tearing his Achilles in preseason last year. He has been limited for all of the team’s training camp practices. On the other side of the line, the Patriots have Marcus Cannon, an injury-prone but talented tackle. Beyond those two, the team has rookie tackle Yodny Cajuste, who is dealing with a shoulder injury. And that’s about it. A reliable veteran would immediately make a positive impact on New England’s roster.

But Williams would come with a significant cost in a trade, whether in draft compensation or proven veteran talent. Perhaps the Patriots would wait until late in the preseason when they have a sense of which position (like cornerback or linebacker) has so much depth that they could package a player (which they would have otherwise cut) and pick to dull the blow in a trade for Williams.

Before Brady’s contract extension, the trade wasn’t a possibility. Now, it’s in play.

https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/05/tom-bradys-contract-extension-trent-williams/

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don't see how that drops his trade value at all.  I don't doubt the rumors that teams are being told Trent isn't available for Trade.  Bruce can be a stubborn sob, and I'm sure in his mind - he thinks stalling him out and fining him will force him to report.  Could be right about that too, but it just further muddies the water.

His trade value doesn't increase posting cryptic scene going into further surgery from a tumor.  If he was insisting on a trade then all he's done is make it harder to get fair market value.  Why that's not logical to you isn't worth argument.  If he wants more money then post scenes like that.  Conversations where TW tells BA that he's never playing for him and the current medical staff ever again, with a tail end that he'll hold out and retire before he ever does that doesn't help getting traded by escalating tensions in the media.  Whatever the instance and ultimate outcome nothing TW has done has helped him to facilitate a trade. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

His trade value doesn't increase posting cryptic scene going into further surgery from a tumor.  If he was insisting on a trade then all he's done is make it harder to get fair market value.  Why that's not logical to you isn't worth argument.  If he wants more money then post scenes like that.  Conversations where TW tells BA that he's never playing for him and the current medical staff ever again, with a tail end that he'll hold out and retire before he ever does that doesn't help getting traded by escalating tensions in the media.  Whatever the instance and ultimate outcome nothing TW has done has helped him to facilitate a trade. 

 

He’s got to be medically cleared before he can be traded.  I don’t think any would be suitors are making their decisions based on his Instagram video.  He doesn’t need to do or say anything to have suitors.  Be rest assured, folks are making calls on Trent.  Not that I think the team getting back max value for him in trade is on his agenda anyways.  

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Since there's no Trent news, have they fired any of the medical staff yet ?

Not even a Lab Technician ?

 

Not yet, but I heard a whisper that the guy that delivers the doughnuts is on borrowed time.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, London Kev said:

 

Not yet, but I heard a whisper that the guy that delivers the doughnuts is on borrowed time.

That's what happens when you mix up a Bavarian Cream with a Boston Cream...

Get your ****ing donuts right

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What doesn't add up is that if the medical staff is so bad, and Donald Penn talked to Trent before signing with the Redskins, wouldn't Trent have advised against it based off the incompetent medical staff?

What player would tell another to sign with a team where the medical staff doesn't protect you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Since there's no Trent news, have they fired any of the medical staff yet ?

Not even a Lab Technician ?

 

No personal update, but I've heard the MRI machine is on the fritz. 

 

Stay tuned as this story continues to develop. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Master Blaster said:

What doesn't add up is that if the medical staff is so bad, and Donald Penn talked to Trent before signing with the Redskins, wouldn't Trent have advised against it based off the incompetent medical staff?

What player would tell another to sign with a team where the medical staff doesn't protect you?

Penn is looking to play for a year in an effort to lengthen his career.  Keyword: play.  

 

The Redskins certainly aren’t the only team to field complaints about their medical staff’s motives either.  

 

Gotta do what you gotta do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I'm Trent and I know the Pats are sniffing around me, I would do whatever I could to make it happen. Imagine spending 10 years in a dumpster-fire of an organization and then hearing the Pats are interested in making a trade for you. Hell, I'd take a dump on Bruce Allen's desk. Come to think of it, I'd do that anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Penn is looking to play for a year in an effort to lengthen his career.  Keyword: play.  

 

The Redskins certainly aren’t the only team to field complaints about their medical staff’s motives either.  

 

Gotta do what you gotta do.

 

but I thought he wasn't just questioning their motives but also their competence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.