Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

We don’t have to trade Trent. The CBA works against him if he sits out. He also will destroy his open market value after next season if he half asses the season or gets “injured.” I’d rather hold on to the best left tackle in the game for one more season against his will than seek to fill his shoes with a 2nd or 3rd rounder or past-their-prime free agent. I do not understand why so many are so eager to see a trade when the return will be so little. Are your feelings that hurt by hardball player negotiations? I hope Kyle doesn’t think like this.

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

Not to mention they are an NFC competitor....we don't needs to do them or anyone else any favors. Trent is under our control...period.

Great minds....  😉

Guys.. there arent any potential trade partners in the AFL or XFL are there? No? Then why the hell are we doing our competition any favors.

Sure, a 5th round pick COULD become a rotational player, but TW immediately makes a really good team a contender.

I would rather let him walk FOR NOTHING next year and show we wont be pushed around than to give away a Pro-Bowl caliber LT to Kurt.... 😏.

Think of it this way. In the 2019 draft the Chiefs traded with the Rams and moved down from 56 to 61 while getting a 5th.

Meaning... we could get another 5th by moving down from 66 to 71.

I would rather do that if we REALLY want another 5th than take some drub offer from the Viks.

Could be nothing. Or could be something ...

3 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:
Could be nothing. Or could be something ...

Actually, while my first reaction was that, with the Sean McVay connection ... this could mean something, but the article states they also officially signed two players today that were free agents announced last month, so I assume this was to make room for them.

Nobody wants him, because he is an asshole. 

You can get a guy for $4mill a year that's not bad, instead of an asshole who valus himself at $20 million a year.

Was Penn that much of a drop off? No. 

Trent is garbage. **** him. We know he has talent. Nobody is arguing that, but do you want to grossly over pay for an asshole? Nope.

6 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

How does this affect the Trent Williams market and the ability for a team to sign him to an extension?

Worth it. Great player, great teammate. Not a garbage person.

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

Seems to me that Trent could be a good case moving forward in NFL rookie school. Don't ever say "never again" and don't show your cards and emotions. This is a business and you need to act like the owner of your own business. He has run his business very poorly regardless of what you think of how the Redskins have played this. Trent has cost himself millions of dollars and a potential yellow jacket just by making poor business decisions. If he doesn't own up to these decisions soon, he may never recover what he's lost. The way I see it Trent has no other option but to bet on himself, which is what many NFL players are doing this year. Go back to the Skins and tell them you will honor your contract but still wish to be traded. Then, come January, review your options after being named to the pro bowl and have a new agent handle your affairs. 

Report to camp in the best shape of your life and dominate. This will get your career back on track and is in your best interest. I'll bet this is what RR told him when they met.

This is essentially what Doc Walker was saying this morning ESPN980.  If he really wanted a "fresh start' it could have been here with the new staff but he's gotten bad advice.  Just come back and play the year out to remind teams how good you are and maybe you get your wish before the trade deadline or become a free agent and make more money next year.

50 minutes ago, pcbothwel said:

Great minds....  😉

Guys.. there arent any potential trade partners in the AFL or XFL are there? No? Then why the hell are we doing our competition any favors.

Sure, a 5th round pick COULD become a rotational player, but TW immediately makes a really good team a contender.

I would rather let him walk FOR NOTHING next year and show we wont be pushed around than to give away a Pro-Bowl caliber LT to Kurt.... 😏.

Think of it this way. In the 2019 draft the Chiefs traded with the Rams and moved down from 56 to 61 while getting a 5th.

Meaning... we could get another 5th by moving down from 66 to 71.

I would rather do that if we REALLY want another 5th than take some drub offer from the Viks.

I agree with everything you said....even if we let him walk we will get a 3rd, plus the satisfaction of knowing we stood our ground and didn't watch him become a pro bowler with a conference opponent. 

45 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

How does this affect the Trent Williams market and the ability for a team to sign him to an extension?

In the real world probably none, but for Trent's inflated view of what he's worth he probably thinks it should guarantee that he gets paid 20 million a year

Looks like we struck out with most of the tackle needy teams getting their guys in the 1st round. 

If roster space allows, just keep trent on the roster. Trent has zero leverage right now and the redskins still habe him under contract. For him to get what he wants, he has no choice but to ball out. His trade value will skyrocket at the deadline. 

Or Ron can jettison him on the cheap to preserve locker room integrity... I don't really care either way at this point. 

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

In the real work probably none, but for Trent's inflated view of what he's worth he probably thinks it should guarantee that he gets paid 20 million a year

I think he is worth it personally. He is one one those guys that is just more gifted than others at his position, guys like him play at high levels for a long time and he has had time to let his body recover from nagging injuries. 

But at the same time I 100% understand why teams don't want to take the risk at this point in time.. trent is going to have to prove it and he can't do that by sitting on the sideline.  

2 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Looks like we struck out with most of the tackle needy teams getting their guys in the 1st round. 

If roster space allows, just keep trent on the roster. Trent has zero leverage right now and the redskins still habe him under contract. For him to get what he wants, he has no choice but to ball out. 

Or Ron can jettison him on the cheap to preserve locker room integrity... I don't really care either way at this point. 

We could also Keyshawn him....pay him to stay away and let him continue to send out tweets where he prays another team comes to get him. LOL

@sportjunkie07 inclined to agree here. There are still some OTs left that could start Day 1 ... albeit probably not at elite levels.

LA Chargers - need OT pretty badly and traded up in R1 and probably can't land a true Day 1 starter that would make them feel good protecting Herbert

Denver - they loaded up on Jeudy and still have needs at CB and OT. Could see them trading for Trent but it doesn't really fit their "young reload"

Minnesota - probably most logical. tons of picks as capital, win-now mode. History with Kirk ... need an OT upgrade, but cap space concerns

Seattle - could see the fit here, true upgrade at LT, Russ would love him. They have the picks, went ILB over OT prospects in R1

New England - bit of a sleeper, but you never know with Bill. But I don't trust any trade with Bellicheck ... he always seems to win

Arizona - not sure it's a great fit. They have Fluker but could flip him to RT and put TW at LT. They do need an OT. Not sure about cap situation

Miami - I know they drafted Austin Jackson and can pencil him at RT. Davenport is replaceable although I hear theyre high on him. But TW at LT with Jackson at RT is nice for Tua. Have draft capital, and didn't have to trade any of it to move up.

6 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

I think he is worth it personally. He is one one those guys that is just more gifted than others at his position, guys like him play at high levels for a long time and he has had time to let his body recover from nagging injuries. 

But at the same time I 100% understand why teams don't want to take the risk at this point in time.. trent is going to have to prove it and he can't do that by sitting on the sideline.  

Not me.  If he's 100% I agree.  But the 32 year old version of himself recovering from cancer and other injuries from previous years and hasn't played in a year -- I don't think that's Trent in his prime so I'd be hesitant to pay him crazy money. 

Archived